CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Cheapy and Wombat,

While you are enjoying your week's mini vacation, speculation is swirling that Apple might be looking to aquire EA. What are your thoughts on a potential EA/Apple deal? Will we see an Apple platform, lots more iPhone apps, more pressure on Microsoft?

cheapy,

you mentioned Spider-Man Web of Shadows on your wish list. just want to say, its probably one of the better spider man games i've played. But the real shocker to me was Peter Parker/Spider-Man's voice in the game. I don't know if it's just me, but he sounds SO SO much like Wombat. I could have sworn it was him, until he said, he heard the game was bad. I know if wombat did do the VO in the game, he'd be pimping the game like crazy. Bummer, was really hoping someone noticed Wombat's talents! also, great podcast. listen to it everyweek, makes my work day go quicker! thanks guys.

Can you please ask Wombat if gardening and vacuuming is what he considers manly? He said he had been doing manly things on the last podcast such as working I. A vacuum and all. Also, is Wombat dying? Cheapy, you made a remark to him about this being his last chance to go to E3 and then he sounded sad and said that he didn't want to talk about it. I hope he gets over his HIVvy.

Hey, Wombat! It's been about a year since the Anniversary CAGtogether at that Dave and Busters in Long Island...I was wondering if you were planning another meetup for this summer. Perhaps something in NYC?

Cheapy: Congratulations from the Vagabond Inn!

With E3 quickly approaching I went back and listened to the classic CAGCasts from E3 2006. What a great few episodes - it's fun to go back and listen to yours and Wombat's E3 impressions - at the time you guys thought it was possible the Wii could come in second this generation, but not likely. :p

Here's my question: With E3 returning to its "former glory" what are your plans for the CAGCast? Will you be attending every day, and if so will there be a show every day? I'd love to have a show with you, Wombat, Shipwreck and maybe Joystiq's Chris Grant.

Cheapy, Wombat: make it happen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the PS3 hit the shelves, it was believed to be much more powerful than the xbox 360 and would thus have far superior games. Why has that not happened yet? It seems like versions created for both systems are essentially identical and the PS3s hardware capabilities seem irrelevant.

Your thoughts?

[quote name='evil_twin']Cheapy
Have you ever thought about getting Super Programmer John to make you an iphone app?
Maybe a video game price tracker or a notifaction system of a certain deal!?![/QUOTE]

I would just be happy with a mobile version of CAG. It takes too long to download the pages, images, links, etc. Sometimes I want to check CAG when I'm at the store to see if the game I'm going to buy is cheaper somewhere else but I can't because it takes forever to load a page. You could just make a simple version of the forums, disable avatars and sigs for fast loading, throw in a search function and it would be good to go!

Hey Cheapy D,I had yet another question. I usually use my iPhone to get on this site as it is faster than turning my laptop on and it got me to thinking. You have a version of the site for the iPhone and I love it, my question is why don't you make an iPhone app of the site? It would be faster which I am always a fan of. It seems like it would be fairly easy since you have an iPhone version of it already. Could you just convert it over into an app? I would even pay for an app of it especially if it had the price tracker function in it. Thanks.

*Just noticed someone else had the same thought as me.

I have to say, i love the podcast but you guys really screwed me over. I was listening to an older CAGcast in english class the other day, and i laughed so hard in the middle of watching Romeo and Juliet, that my teach took away my ipod and sent me to detention. I'm pretty sure it was the episode where you guys were debating whether or not superman can have sex because it would be like shooting a gun in a girl's vagina. At any rate, i have to say i am a huge fan of the show, and that was worth going to detention for!:applause::applause::applause:

Just wondering if you guys were going to do anything special for episode 160, I suggest to bring back the Ass & Titties theme song lol.

I have a little complaint. When I look at my PMs on my iphone they still appear as new on my PC. I know it's a minor rant but I always forget that the iphone does that and I get all excited when I look at the NEW PM on my PC only to find out I already read them.

Esteemed CAGCast/CAGForeplay hosts, It's almost E3 time again and in our yearly quest to finally get some decent E3 coverage, I would like to know if you have any plans to really blow us away with some great E3 coverage which I know you have the potential to deliver or if we must accept the same "coverage" of years past of a few phoned in CAGCasts that don't really convey what E3 is like to us. If not I would humbly ask that you consider planing some real coverage this year now that you have the resources to make it happen.

This year Cheapy will potentially be accompanied by both Shipwreck and Wombat this year so rather than just maximizing your appointments and going for quantity I would ask that you focus instead on a quality and staying as a team the entire show with each host taking on a different role for a truly knock out crew including host, cameraman, blogger/photographer. A CAG-CREW if you will. That way you can have daily blogs of E3 events sprinkled with live photos of the show and even a live video here and there of CheapyD doing interviews, spots on the show, and so on.

Call it a pipe dream and I have no idea that this is even possible, but IMHO as a team you have a golden opportunity go for quality rather than quantity this year and the talent to do so. You would make this CAG very happy and give all your fans a nice present this year.

Cheapy and Wombat do you think the iPhone being the next big gaming device is overhyped? I think it's talked about in the press like on 1up/IGN podcasts/websites because the writers there try to be SanFran hipsters or are in love with their own iPhone. In reality the iPhone has only sold 17.4 million units and I bet most of the owners are content with either no games or tetris and peggle alone while the Nintendo DS has sold over 100 million units and many of the owners buy many $30 games.

SUMMARY: iPhone really hasn't sold much compared to DS, games generate a lot less money in sales, press think as a gaming platform it's bigger than it actually is.

Hey guys. Cheapy, I was finally able to follow your recommendation and picked up Saints Row 2 CE on sale from Amazon. This got me thinking, did you ever follow Wombat's recommendation and check out the show Burn Notice? It hasn't been mentioned in several episodes.

awesome show guys

do you guys think that when tai and sebrina get older that they will make a guest aperence on the show and when you guys are done with cag wih you pass it down and let them take over

Hey guys. i am a big fan of the show and i wanted to ask you a question. i was dicking around on Kotaku and i saw that Microsoft is working on an answer to the ds, psp, and iphone. i wanted to know if you have seen this article and wanted to know what you thought of the idea and the picture give (it looks like it has 2 analog sticks as well as a D-Pad). thanx a bunch and i am looking forward to your reply.

Hey guys,

How about a Resident Evil 5 update? How have you guys been doing with it in the past few weeks? Wombat, ever try your Capcom-sponsored multiplayer mode?

Hey guys i have another question for you.
After a very slow start for the playstation 3 and sales only just starting to pick up due to sony revising their console (no bc, card readers) to make the overall console cheaper, do you feel they could have revised there console differently? could this have effected their sales? For instance, instead of cutting out backwards compatability (which is quite a big deal to some people with a backlog of ps2 games), they could have taken out say, the wifi? Sold it as an optional extra? That way everyone has BC and can choose to have Wifi or something else.
IM just thinking out loud, but let me know what you guys think.
P.S. when is the podcast coming about what you guys want in the next generation of consoles.

hey wombat on the last cag cast you mentioned that you play bass. i just wanted to say that i do to. i have a NRJ Luther hand made in Quebec. also how many strings is it and once again wombat rocks:D

Hey Cheapy this question is directed at you but I was wondering what are some of your favorite Apps for the Iphone? And then I have a riddle for you to solve on the show if you don't solve on show I will post it here before next weeks show here it is: "What does a playstation controller have to do with wombats eye"

Hint:(rkilf no egap dn22)

New lines for Hard News, Cagcast deals

Hey guys this is a comment for Cheapy. I hear you on Hard News and the Cagcast every week and I enjoy the deals you read which get me excited for all my purchasing needs. One improvement I may suggest, however, is that there should be a way to change up the same ol’ performance week to week to week. Deal here, deal there, yeah yeah they’re exciting, ok guys, see you next time!

I was thinking of some expressions you could use to spice it up a bit and get the viewers a bit more engaged.

Some closing lines:

"That's all for this week, Cheapasses!"
"We’ll see you next time when the Wii will be half price!"
"Save ya dollars till next time!"
"Saving money for yo’ broke ass! Keep it cheap!"
"DDDDeeeeealoriffic!"

Or you can go with a yo mama joke-like routine (instead use a “that’s so cheap that…” punchline) and make things interesting as you announce each deal for the week. Here are my top 10 for now. Pardon the last one which is a rude (and cheap!) joke.

"THAT'S SO CHEAP THAT..."

10. "That’s so cheap that my Jewish grandparents rolled over in their half price coffins."

9. "That’s so cheap I shit in my discounted, pre-soiled pants."

8. "That’s so cheap that I ate escargot, lobster and drank Don Perrion for a week and could afford 100,000 more."

7. "That’s so cheap that if it were any cheaper the retailer would ask if he could pay me for a rape fee."

6. "That’s so cheap that if it were digested I’d poop out one quintillionth of a peso."

5. "That’s so cheap that my refried bean toilet shitwater would get more on ebay."

4. "That’s so cheap that I paid it in full with my toenails and ass hair."

3. "That’s so cheap that I’d more likely get a $200 tip for farting at dinner."

2. "That’s so cheap that gamestop put together a buy two, sell them back to us for free sale."
And finally...

1. "That’s so cheap that Wombat bought it, returned it, then bought it at half price a week later and STILL COMPLAINED ABOUT THE PRICE!"

You get the idea. Use any that you like, even on the CAGcast! Thanks a lot for reading and I wish you many cheap deals!

why do you both (cheapy and wombat) spend about 30-40 minutes of the show talking about your lives and daily activities? Have you run out of things to talk about and just need filler?

I listen to the cast mostly on the go anyway, and yes i know i can just fast forward past all the pointless talking about one of you eating a burger. I'm sure people wont agree and I'll probably get flamed on the forums for asking, but i just wanted to know.

hey guys, did either of you watch the epic battle between the angry video game nerd an the nostalgia critic? what did you think and did either of you get an invite?

Hey Cheapy, You have been talking about you move back to the states as an eventuality. Do you think it might hurt your street cred. People asking for the video game pulse in Japan, being game journalist's go-to guy? I also find your weekly updates on adventures in Japan amusing on the CAGcast, might it hurt the show?

Heh heh...I got a kick out of Wombat mentioning that his wedding was held at the Roslyn Claremont hotel. This is a bit uncle's, cousin's, former room-mate, but my job involves correcting errors and making updates to hotel and resort websites. The company I work for maintains the website for the Roslyn Claremont, as well as several other New-York based hotels. In fact, I've personally made several corrections and updates to their site in the course of my professional duties.

My sister actually just got married, and the experience brought a mildly CAG-related question to mind. Since you guys (Cheapy and Wombat) are both married, what do you feel is the most important element of a wedding. Some people think its the building where the ceremony is held. Some say it is the details, like flowers, clothes, etc... Some even say the weather on the day of the event. My new brother-in-law insists that the food at the reception is tantamount. (he says that is what everyone remembers) From your experiences, what stood out as the most crucial and or memorable element of your weddings?

Also, my sibling told me how much they were spending on their wedding. I'm not going to say how much it was, but I can tell Cheapy that the 10K that was spent on his wedding was VERY reasonable. Wedding expenses can get absolutely ridiculous.

Like CheapyD, I moved to live in my wife's home country. So a couple of questions I have for him are:

1. Do your wife and your son use your last name, and if so, what is Abrams converted into katakana?

2. Are you allowed to stay in Japan indefinitely if you want simply because your wife and son are Japanese citizens, or is it more complicated than that?

Hey Cheapy and Wombat! I have a question considering podcasting. I am planning on doing a podcast as my senior project. i was wondering what programs and microphones you use to make the podcast successful. Also how do you add the music as well? Thanks for the help!

Hey guys,

With all of the DJ talk in the last CAGcast, why no discussion about DJ Hero? They've already announced some tracks, as well as reavealed the complete DJ Hero controller. How do you guys think it's looking so far? Thanks.

Oh, and here's a link to some pics of the DJ Hero controller with it's new attachment that was shown in GameInformer. The site's foreign by the way...

http://www.xboxygen.com/Medias/Images-Xbox-360/La-platine-de-DJ-Hero-revelee

Cheapy - since you will be in the states for E3 - are there any plans for an official CAG E3 meetup???

Wombat - if you're not going to E3 because it's in the middle of the week are you at least planning to go to Comic-Con in San Diego this year since it runs over a weekend?

Cheapy and Wombat,
Would you compare and contrast your opinions in the differences in how certain publishers/developers are putting their DLC packs on sale in retail stores?

With Oblivion and now Fallout 3, Bethesda is going the route of having the content be on a disc, which opens the door for massive amounts of people renting or borrowing a copy just to install the content.

In comparision, Tomb Raider Underworld, GTA IV, Patapon 2, and soon-to-be Gears 2 retail DLC packs are just codes that you have to enter online/on the system to redeem with no possibility of sharing with other people (well except for Patapon 2 if it falls in the regular gamesharing rules of stuff on the PSN Store.)

IMG_0001.png

See this? Hook. It. Up!

(This is just the site bookmarked on my phone).

But I know like many other CAGs i'd love to see a CAG app available to download. I have no idea how hard/long an iPhone/iPod app would take to make but it'll be worth it. It could have some features from the site now like game tracking, price comparsions etc or even like a miniature of the search bar.

It'll be SO useful: say your in a store and find Battlefield Bad Company for £15 (or $15) but you're not sure if its cheaper else where. Whip out your iPhone/touch and you can check instantly then from there make your purchase decision. Slap it on the app store for 99$ (or whatever you want, however I know you've mentioned in the past about not needing the extra money by "exploiting" the site.) and you get a tonne of downloads.

Just an idea.

Thanks love and show and keep up the good work!

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

I was wondering if you guys have any gaming clothes, and if you do, wear them in public. There is a very interesting dividing line between gamers who like to show they're gamers, and gamers would be embarrassed to be classified as one in public.

Cheapy and Wombat,

Now that your kids are growing older, have you had any experiences and/or worried about experiences involving the kids "being kids" and screwing up your games? What I mean by that is tripping over wires, unplugging systems during game time, breaking discs, controllers, etc. What will you do if this happens?

I assume you guys heard about the Joystiquitter thing with velvet assassin?

Which leads me to ask, what's the longest amt of time you'll stick with a game before giving up and knowing it's not good/not right for you?

I recently gave up on JRPGs in general after spending 8+ hours with Persona 3 and hoping in the back of my head that it would improve but ultimately knowing the experience wouldn't change w/more time invested.

This is more a question for Wombat because Cheapy doesnt listen to podcasts,

Since I have started listening to so many game podcasts I find i Dont really read formal reviews anymore. Mainly because i hear many various opinions and live arguments, with out the bullshit of scores and more talk about the game itself. Is this true for you also? Thanks love the show keep up the good work

bread's done
Back