CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

Wombat,

How do you plan your gaming time nowadays? With two kids and wife, do you have it scheduled?

You once said you waited until your daughter went to sleep. Now that she is older and you have a son, does that rule still apply?

What is with the increased Xbox fanboyism on the cagcasts lately? Its always been prevalent but it seems to be at an all time high. Is it due to the console cycle almost being over? Was it the lackluster 360 year that makes it more frustrating? I'm just trying to understand; why now.

[quote name='Ultramontane']Wombat,

How do you plan your gaming time nowadays? With two kids and wife, do you have it scheduled?

You once said you waited until your daughter went to sleep. Now that she is older and you have a son, does that rule still apply?[/QUOTE]

Kind of a follow up to this question:

We are expecting a child around the beginning of August. I was just curious, Cheapy and Wombat, how the transition went from being just a husband to a husband and father in terms of being a gamer.

Long time listener....since before the move to Japan. I don't make it to the site often enough, so I'm probably writing this in the wrong space, but GOOD LOOk in Saints Row.

I ROLLS WITH CHEAPY.......BIG ASS CHAINS!!!!!!

Perhaps the hardest decision I have had to make in Skyrim is who to side with during the Civil War. Can each of you discuss which side you choose and why?

Heyo Cagcast! Was wondering about your thoughts on all this SOPA and PIPA stuff that as of today has Wikipedia, Craiglist, and a variety of other websites doing a blackout to raise awareness.

Specifically, I was wondering if you had heard about this: http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/22/ch...-sopa-were-taking-our-1000-domains-elsewhere/

"I can has cheezburger?" the internet cat meme website, is protesting against GoDaddy because GoDaddy apparently has voiced support for SOPA and PIPA. In response the founded of the cat meme website has threatened to take away the 1000 or so domains they have through GoDaddy. Many other people have apparently been dropping GoDaddy in protest. I know that GoDaddy.com is a long time sponsor of the CAGcast. Are you guys going to reconsider advertising for them in light of all this controversy?

Curious on your thoughts as to download services, such as steam, psn, xbla, ect. As the continuous progression of drm and resale issues are at the high list for publishers, do you all envision home consoles in the next generation moving towards this as the main method of acquiring games? How do you think this will impact the ability to find good deals on games? As it seems now, outside of steam, most of the services aren't particularly known for great sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of disturbed by a joke made near the beginning of the episode. After discussing the SR3 DLC (which looks awesome, by the way, as a longtime listener of the CAGCast I think it's really cool) you all talked about whether or not it would get you laid.

Cheapy then essentially made a rape joke concerning drugging his wife, saying he only got laid because he drugged her. Wombat followed it by saying, "Yeah, a little ether goes a long way."

I don't care what the context of a relationship is, rape is rape and rape is not funny. I appreciate the toilet humor, the poop stories, the dick jokes, all of it. But this kind of stuff is never funny. I realize the joke was kind of made in passing, but that's part of the problem. I've had a number of friends who have been sexually assaulted, raped, or victims of other non-consentual sex acts and there's nothing humorous about it.

I usually love the show, but I had trouble enjoying the remaining hour or so because I was so disappointed and annoyed to hear this shit.

Hey Wombat, got a question for you!

I'm a British guy and when I was listening to the show I was thinking about what you said with insourcing jobs to the US.

I was just wondering what you thought that my actions should be. Britain doesn't seem to have been hit quite as hard as the U.S. with regards to jobs, so should I be buying American? Or do you think I should be trying to support my own country by buying British?

Not trying to critizice your view, I have the utmost respect for it. I just wondered where your thoughts lie with regards to other countries.

My view on the situation is the fact that those lower wages exist means that the jobs are more needed so very badly in those countries - Sweatshops sucks ass, but people work in them because it's better than starvation. So I don't mind if my computer was built in China or Chile or wherever the parts come from.

Love the show chaps been listening for about 2-3 years now keep doing what you're doing!

Hey guys,
I only just discovered CAG a few months ago, but love the show now & never miss an episode! Anywho, about 2 episodes ago, Cheapy was complaining about Optimus Prime being a fire truck. Cheapy, not sure if you already know, but there is a new animated series called "Transformers: Prime" and Prime is back in all his big rig glory; complete with gray trailer. No sign of Roller though. Oh, and the series is pretty good too!

Hey there guys. Kick ass podcast and all.

I could complain about Capcom potentially coming out with RE6 Gold Edition 2 weeks after they release RE6. At this point buying an initial release of any Capcom game is paying a premium for the content they will pack into the next iteration of the title. I'll side step that for now. Instead, I'll just point out that the "6" symbol looks like a giraffe getting a nice bj. I know it can't just be me that sees it. Just a heads up is all.

Hey guys,
If the rumors of the new Xbox not being able to play used games at all are true what kind of impact do you think it will have on the industry?
The end of Gamestop & more unemployment for sure? I guess no swapping games with friends?
People buy homes & cars used easily the 2 biggest purchases people make in their life & the housing & car industry embrace the used market even car companys brag about the trade in value of their products, why are the video game companies being such pussies?

With rumors flying that the next Xbox will be anti-used games. If it's true. That is to say the next xbox doesn't allow you to play used games, prices stay the same
(because digital games are here already at no discount.. no reason to expect them to drop it next year)
. Will you stick with the Xbox or will you switch to the playstation as your primary console?

Cheapy - If CAG went under right now would you jump out your window?

Wombat - If Cheapy jumped out his window would you try to catch him even though he's a better friend to you than you are to him?

Shipwreck - If Wombat was attempting to catch Cheapy, would you be there to coach him on his catching to increase the chances of him catching Cheapy successfully?

Cheapy, moving to a new city and making friends is tough enough. How did you make new friends in another country without working at a company with coworkers? Or do all Americans flock together in Japan?

The whole Xbox used game fuss seems like Kotaku over-interpreting what they were told to get some page views. MS might be considering a standardized way to implement project $10 through hardware rather than having to enter codes. That would at least make financial sense for them since they get a portion of the revenue. The more extreme ideas just seem like a guaranteed way to lose sales to Sony.

I guess this one's mostly for Cheapy--
You CAGcast guys have opened my eyes to how appealing an iPhone can be as a gaming platform. It solves the issue of "pocket real estate" that always kept me from playing my DS as much as I wanted to. Anyways, I've just ordered an iPhone and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Are there any time-tested apps that you find yourself going back to? Or do you tend to jump on the hot new thing for your toilet breaks?

After reading that U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has come to the conclusion there is a growing likelihood Israel could attack Iran sometime this spring in an effort to destroy its suspected nuclear weapons program, what does Wombat think the US response should be to Israel?

As I recall, you guys have never really taken a side in the online pass debates, or at least have seemed to tolerate it and play devil's advocate. Enough with the fence sitting. Time to grow a pair and make your stance clear. Are you with the gamers, or are you with the publishers? With news that apparently SSX has an online pass but will still allow online play with second hand copies, and that even EA execs themselves are using Syndicate's lack of online pass as a selling point, does this mean the game industry is finally starting to come around and see the light? If you do support online pass schemes, isn't that hypocritical since Cheapy makes a living off a website that facilitates game trading and alerts a wide audience to used game deals, and since Wombat & Shipwreck often get review games sent to them free of charge?

And to get to the real heart of the matter: Do you consider online passes a good strategy for developers to support? Do you truly think they actually increase sales numbers? I can't imagine there's too many gamers that actually change their behavior and buy new to get the online pass content, but I can certainly see how many gamers would boycott a given game for having them. Is this whole online pass thing really making for a better customer experience, or making it worse?

[quote name='Sonne']How many months after release until we see a Sony-backed price drop on the Vita in the US?[/QUOTE]

My guess would be 2013. Dispite all the pressure they had with the PS3's price it took a long time for them to move the price and after losing 2 billion last year, a price reduction seems very unlikely.

There was a joke on the latest CAGcast about calling Wombat while he's figuratively unloading produce at the grocery store.

How about a CAGcast call-in line/voice mailbox/leave-a-message-after-the-beep sorta deal? You could even label it the "Wombat On The Can" line.

Do you think integrating more mobile devices/tablets with game releases would be a good idea?

Let's take Skyrim for example. Imagine an app that allows access to your in-game inventory. When you are away from your console, you can access these items, make potions, sharpen weapons, etc. This will all synch back to your game.

It can take me a solid 20 minutes to go through my Skyrim inventory. I'd rather be playing the game and save screwing around for later.

This concept could work for game maps, quest logs, item perks, you name it.

Would this take too much focus away from game development? Problems with licensing? No real market for this?

Great show. Also I'd like to request a ALAN WAKE DLC code for the single player content if there are any available. I really enjoyed the game and wasn't even aware of the new content.

Hey CAGCast, I've been theorizing that the future of Skylanders is the eventual Licensing of properties to make into skylander style games and toys. I'm not a media insider as you gents are, so I'm wondering if this is a plausible theory? If so, what properties would you like to take skylander form? Marvel and Star Wars come immediately to mind in terms of pure money making juggernauts... but I wouldn't mind if Toho's Kaiju Pantheon or Gundams could possibly fit in there (a man can dream).

Idea for E3 Weight-Loss Challenge: The person who loses the least amount of weight has to do push-ups equivalent to the amount of weight lost by the winner. Film that and upload it to Cheapy's YouTube channel. Internet gold!

For anyone, or just Wombat: Dragon Age or Skyrim?

I bought DA a week ago because of the Amazon PC sale and I'm enjoying it. I'm playing on the PC so the inclusion of highres texture mods and better controls make the experience great. I put a huge amount of time in Skyrim (also PC) and minus the bugs, it was OK. Looking back, I just see that DA has much more personality. The story, the combat, the setting, the companions, etc. Skyrim is more open-ended and leaves a lot of room for exploration, but I think that's the only edge I'll give Skyrim.

So, which does Wombat prefer? (I've only played a few hours of DA and haven't dived into Awakening or DA2, and I've only heard bad things about DA2...)

For Wombat,

You spoke of a pokemon type game with marvel superheroes. You'd get a hero like Iron Man and he would transform into War Machine. Whatever happened with that?

With the news of the massive video game sales dropping in January (even more than the drop was expected) What do you think will bring gaming sales back up as a whole?Will a major release fix it?Will it be low until new hardware? More price drops in hardware like the 3ds again or maybe even software drop until new hardware? Thanks

Hey CAGCast,
1. DLC for games way before they're released and even if they bomb reviews (Mass Effect 3- From Dust, NeverDead, Gotham City Imposters, Soul Calibur 5, Asura's Wrath, etc).

2. New Medal of Honor at GDC

3. New COD for 2012

4. Jan NPD shows Xbox 360 #1 selling console for 13 months in a row

5. LittleBigPlanet Karting

6. Shank 2

7. Twisted Metal Shoot My Truck Promo

8. MW3 Tenth Prestige hacks

9. S&P downgrades Sony's Financial Rating

10. Skyrim Hi-Res Texture Pack

11. Killzone 1 delay indefinitely

12. What if the Vita had an Apple logo on it?

13. The Steam Workshop(Mods)

14. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Sales

Hey Cheapy..you've heard of Tribes Ascend, right? And I know you are a big fan of the series. Are you going to get a PC by the time it comes out or is that not motivation enough?

There's a Beta going on right now, you can get in by liking their page on facebook. The game is fantastic, don't miss out!

With the US vita launch coming up shortly, how is the spread on CAG's amazon pre-orders working out?....% that went with 1st edition bundle / what % went with 3G/Wifi vs the Wifi only.

We are all well aware by now that Wombat likes to shamelessly use his name/position to get free stuff from developers and publishers, but I’m curious to know if he has ever attempted this practice for any other venue? Especially in a physical location, such as Gamestop or something.

Cheapy,

We always see Tai with american characters on clothes and hear you showing him american cartoons, what are the japanese shows/properties that he likes also?

bread's done
Back