CAGCAA - NCAA 11 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Bowl Week Deadline: 2/24 - Need Replacements

Bruins maul Bulldogs, 35-7

PASADENA, CA -- For the second week in a row, Kevin Prince was regal in his operation of the UCLA Bruins offense. The on-the-rise quarterback threw for 279 yards and 4 touchdowns on an accurate 17 of 21 passes (80%). Displaying a level of proficiency Bruins fans haven't seen in recent years, he—and coincidentally, the entire Bruins offense—again offered up no fumbles or interceptions. Further demonstrating his mastery of the Bruins Pro-style offense, Prince's 4 touchdowns were each received by a different player, falling in line with the team-first, selfless mantra that seems to be at the core of the 2011 Bruins.

The running game, too, again impressed, with RB Franklin amassing 174 yards and a score on 20 carries, including a late-game tear for 78 yards that deflated whatever air was left in the thoroughly defeated Clemson Bulldogs squad.

But the story here at the Rose Bowl was yet again the fiery, undaunted UCLA defense. Aside from a couple of breakdowns, the unit was flawless. Aside from the one score it yielded, it offered a number of impressive stops, a couple on the doorsteps of the Bruins' endzone. Clemson seemed ready to turn the tide in the first minutes of the second half, but just when it seemed the Bulldogs would score a second unanswered touchdown, the UCLA defense clamped down and locked the 'Dogs out. Soon, Prince, Franklin, and Smith, three players proving to be an electric offensive trio this season, took Clemson's inability to score and rubbed it in their faces with a couple of key, fourth quarter scores that more than sealed the victory for the upstart Bruins.

Most analysts feel that next week's refresh of the Top 25 Poll will find the Bruins among the country's finest, and really, if it doesn't in fact happen, it would be a travesty. Few teams this year have dominated quality opponents as thoroughly as UCLA. It's early yet, and this team has more than broken its fans' hearts in recent years, but as far as promise and potential, they may be the brightest star of the season so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the weekly updates that the server generates that show recruits that have committed. I'm really digging this game and between this and my backbreaker with real nfl teams/players, no madden for me this year!

[quote name='moonknight25']I love the weekly updates that the server generates that show recruits that have committed. I'm really digging this game and between this and my backbreaker with real nfl teams/players, no madden for me this year![/QUOTE]

You're probably better off. The more I hear about Madden '11, the more it sounds like they hardly did anything to improve it, especially when it comes to online franchise.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Are you up for playing our game tomorrow? I should be able to play during the afternoon (~3 PM EST or so).[/QUOTE]

Is there any way you can play a bit earlier than that? I think I'm going to be busy later this afternoon.

GG Frisky, now I know what it's like to go up against an all 90+ O-line. They embarrassed my defensive line all game long. That fumble really sucked, it completely killed all of the momentum I had as well as my hopes of a comeback.

What the fuck. I was saving some videos and screenshots to put in the recap and the game refused to acknowledge that I'm signed in to Live and kept telling me to sign in with a valid profile to report the result or throw it out, which now it's not responding to any input from the controller when I got back to the online dynasty menu. I can press the Xbox button to bring up the guide and navigate that just fine, but the game doesn't want to acknowledge anything I'm pressing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What the fuck. I was saving some videos and screenshots to put in the recap and the game refused to acknowledge that I'm signed in to Live and kept telling me to sign in with a valid profile to report the result or throw it out, which now it's not responding to any input from the controller when I got back to the online dynasty menu. I can press the Xbox button to bring up the guide and navigate that just fine, but the game doesn't want to acknowledge anything I'm pressing.[/QUOTE]

The results are showing up on the online dynasty page, it just looks like you won't be able to upload the images/video you saved.

Yeah, I saw that it saved it from his end, though I'm pissed that I lost the videos. When I got back to the dashboard, it just kicked me off of Live and signed me back in, so it was some XBL fluke that screwed me over.

Edit: I guess the other result is that I can't edit the recap story either.

Just to let you guys know I've been out of town, but I'll be back tomorrow and will get my game in then. I may be able to play where I'm at tonight, but doubtful.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Take ur xbox with u![/QUOTE]

Im going to be in the backwoods of North Carolina. I would be impressed if I pick up more then 2 bars on my phone, let alone a wireless signal

[quote name='prometheus_5']Nateeasy, when would be a good time for you to play our game? I should be free tomorrow evening and later on wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Ya later on tonight should be good.

Me and prometheus just had our game.

Oklahoma 45 - Cincy 14

OU dominated the whole game. We would of been shut out if it wasn't for 2 long TD passes. One 75 for yards and one 81 yards.

Prometheus. I added you as a preferred player. Looks like it added a star to your gamertag.

After the game I had an error that said i've been disconnected from the EA servers and the screen wouldn't let me select anything. I was still connected to Live, so I don't know what the problem was. I had to exit to dashboard and reboot. Luckily everything reported fine.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Me and prometheus just had our game.

Oklahoma 45 - Cincy 14

OU dominated the whole game. We would of been shut out if it wasn't for 2 long TD passes. One 75 for yards and one 81 yards.

Prometheus. I added you as a preferred player. Looks like it added a star to your gamertag.[/QUOTE]

Nate, I have trouble typing with an xbox controller but that was a really fun game. You always caught the holes in my coverage. Thanks for the preferred add, I'll do the same. I don't think next seasons game will go the same way.

I have a question, how do you do mass subs in the game? I tried to figure out how last night in my game but didn't have any luck with it.

[quote name='BigAT']Start, Strategy, Mass Subs. I think.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I looked there and didn't see it. moonknight25 also looked around and couldn't find it either.

XXXplosive1, I know I'm early, but what is you're availability for playing? I'm pretty much free any night after 7 CST.

Everyone's game is played so I think your fine. I can play tomorrow night after 9pm.

Also, this has to be the last year I pick the spartans. I have gone 0-3 against the stupid CPU because of my criminally inept Spartans. Dropped passes and lost fumbles have made the difference in every game. 3 of my receivers are in the top 7 in the entire NCAA in dropped passes. These assclowns have no hands. and its pissing me off.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Everyone's game is played so I think your fine. I can play tomorrow night after 9pm.

Also, this has to be the last year I pick the spartans. I have gone 0-3 against the stupid CPU because of my criminally inept Spartans. Dropped passes and lost fumbles have made the difference in every game. 3 of my receivers are in the top 7 in the entire NCAA in dropped passes. These assclowns have no hands. and its pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

Try going 4/10 passing in a game where all 6 are drops by the same receiver who was wide open each time. Other times my QB can't hit the broad side of a barn, constantly overthrowing receivers even when I plant his feet. Hilariously, in practice mode, I found I have better accuracy running across the field and throwing across my QBs body.

Good game Pure, you dominated me in all aspects of the game! I wanted to edit the story to "Bulls A$$ Raped by Demps" but I figured the AP wouldn't write a headline like that! I feel ya XXXplos, this year Usf is worse then last year especially with our d-line. Heck i think ucf is rated better which is depressing. Nothing to do but, focus on recruiting and work on my terrible passing game lol.

I know this is a long ways off, but I'm going to be in South Korea for about 10 days in early October. Thought I'd mention it because it will make me a pain in the ass to play right around then. Should only though have problems with one week in the schedule if we keep with our current pace.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Everyone's game is played so I think your fine. I can play tomorrow night after 9pm.

Also, this has to be the last year I pick the spartans. I have gone 0-3 against the stupid CPU because of my criminally inept Spartans. Dropped passes and lost fumbles have made the difference in every game. 3 of my receivers are in the top 7 in the entire NCAA in dropped passes. These assclowns have no hands. and its pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

If we end up advancing today I'll be fine with playing our game tonight.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']If we end up advancing today I'll be fine with playing our game tonight.[/QUOTE]

We haven't advanced yet so how about same time tomorrow night.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']We haven't advanced yet so how about same time tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

What is the latest that you would want to play our game tonight? The dynasty hasn't advanced yet, and if it does advance tonight, I could play up until 11:00 PM CST. I'd be available anytime after 2:00 PM tomorrow.

[quote name='SeanAmI']I should be around tonight, what time?[/QUOTE]

How is 6 PM EST? I can do later if that's too early.

GG Sean.

I got an error while trying to upload the game results, so there isn't a story I can edit on the website. So here's a brief rundown of the game. I was initially taken off guard and failed to find a defense that could effectively handle the unique triple option playbook run by Georgia Tech. The result was GT jumping out to a 10-0 lead early on. My offense was flailing as well, mainly the result of an ineffective passing game. I threw several balls that could have easily been picked off and a couple that simply fell worthlessly to the turf. I managed to eek out a field goal, going into the half down 10-3 still.

I made some serious adjustments and threw away my previous gameplan. On offense, I virtually completley abandoned the pass and just pounded the ball on the ground. RB Joe Martinek was picking up positive yardage consistently and I was able to effectively move the ball down the field. I scored a TD to tie it up at 10. Then came the turning point in the game, when the Georgia Tech pitched the ball as he was getting tackled on an option right play. Rutgers LB Manny Abreu nimbly snatched the ball out of midair and took it back for a touchdown. My defense stepped up for the remainder of the game and I continued to run the ball on offense to hold onto 24-10 win.

Your D stepped up, but my team couldn't catch a ball to save their lives. I remember you made a bad play on the ball on a 50 yard bomb and my guy just dropped it. Another time my receiver broke free way down the field and the quarterback way underthrew him and although my receiver was still open dropped the ball without getting touched. It makes it impossible to challenge you playing safety all game when you know your receiver won't catch the ball. I still can't use the 3-4 to save my life because every time I thought I had a good angle on you for the tackle, the CPU linebackers would just run and take terrible angles running way inside and taking themselves out of the play. Its almost like they wanted to run into every block.

bread's done
Back