CAGCAA - NCAA 11 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Bowl Week Deadline: 2/24 - Need Replacements

I've got everything set up and the named rosters carried over perfectly, so we're pretty much ready to go. The only issue is that they changed the invite process, as I can only send you guys an invite without attaching a team to that. So be sure to pick your chosen team when you join and I will send a PM with the password in a minute, though I may just send that to your XBL account so you can doublecheck when you go to join the dynasty.

I've sent invites to everyone but SeanAmI, as it was saying that you didn't have an EA account. I'm not sure if that's due to not using your online pass code yet, not going online yet, or if you really don't have an account, so you might want to see what could be up on your end.

I still don't have internet and don't know when it will be up, I have to call tomorrow morning, but who knows what the fuck is going on with it (AT&T fucked me over with the activation)

Ah, I hope that won't take too long to get your internet in order.

If anybody here has any specific teams that they want added to their non-conference schedule, let me know ASAP so I can get a good group of teams for each person.

Anyone in the top 25 works for me. I'm always looking to improve Rutgers' strength of schedule.

Anyone besides Alabama, that team is downright absurd in this year's game.

[quote name='BigAT']Anyone in the top 25 works for me. I'm always looking to improve Rutgers' strength of schedule.

Anyone besides Alabama, that team is downright absurd in this year's game.[/QUOTE]

No joke. I've been an Alabama fan for a long time and I'll be the first to say that there is no way the defense is really that good. Especially the secondary.

I noticed moving around in the Online Dynasty last night there were times it'd take forever to load, especially in the recruiting part. I'm also getting an error message every time I start a game about the stats not counting towards my teams points in the season showdown mode.

I'm wondering if the EA servers are still sorting things out and I hope we don't have any problems. Pure Apathy and I have already been disconnected from each other twice in a game saying we lost connection to the servers. We didn't get kicked out of the party we were in but had to resign into EA's servers. We have been able to play a few games, but hopefully this doesn't become a problem.

Adam even started a thread over at EA to begin looking into the issue http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/280452.page

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I've been getting that season showdown error for the past couple of days, I just assumed it was down for everyone. Recruiting, both online and offline, has been fine for me.

[quote name='BigAT']I've been getting that season showdown error for the past couple of days, I just assumed it was down for everyone. Recruiting, both online and offline, has been fine for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same experience. I have yet to attempt an online game though. Hopefully the servers will have all the kinks worked out by the time we start the season.

[quote name='FrankySox']I noticed moving around in the Online Dynasty last night there were times it'd take forever to load, especially in the recruiting part.[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to me when I tried to redshirt players. It would take around 3 minutes or so for it to go through everything so it would save to the online dynasty. Then after it got to 100% it said there was an error and I had the option to try again or wait until later to do it.

I tried submitting my changes again and got the same delay/error message.

I kind of wish the CPU used some sort of realistic logic when making the first draft of the schedules, as nobody ever really enters their conference schedule on week two.

662A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_UNe.jpg

662A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_lZp.jpg

662A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_hyz.jpg

I dont know how well you can tell from these photos. Put the CPU controlled QB keep running back doing the handoff animation. He went back prolly about 25 yards. Then passed the ball. I wasnt able to save the video because there was a roughing the QB penalty on the play.

[quote name='nateeasy29']I dont know how well you can tell from these photos. Put the CPU controlled QB keep running back doing the handoff animation. He went back prolly about 25 yards. Then passed the ball. I wasnt able to save the video because there was a roughing the QB penalty on the play.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happens when you run a PA bootleg, so it works both ways. Hopefully they'll have it fixed.

Looks like everybody is in, so I'll move us ahead a bit later today. If you still have redshirting or recruiting set-up to get done, be sure to get on ASAP.

Is anyone having trouble with the autosubs? In my game that I played my guys were not subbing in and out and pretty much at one time I had a lot of players who were in the red.

I might be confused with what it means, but when you hold the right trigger and then press down on the analog stick before the play, it'll show colored circles underneath your players. What does that mean? A lot of the guys were yellow, some were red, and others were flashing red. At one time my whole offensive line was red.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I might be confused with what it means, but when you hold the right trigger and then press down on the analog stick before the play, it'll show colored circles underneath your players. What does that mean? A lot of the guys were yellow, some were red, and others were flashing red. At one time my whole offensive line was red.[/QUOTE]

It shows how well the player is doing, whether they're "hot" or "cold". Red is good in that case.

[quote name='BigAT']It shows how well the player is doing, whether they're "hot" or "cold". Red is good in that case.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, well I was freaking out the whole game over something that wasn't even an issue then.

Digging the interface and storybuilding. Good stuff. Have to remember to edit the existing story next time. After I deleted the auto-generated one, I realized I couldn't link to the "Game Details" info from my custom story. Oh well, live and learn. Suck it, Pittsburgh.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...072811&dynid=18297&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=0

PASADENA, CA -- What a difference a year makes! The UCLA Bruins that marched onto the storied field of the historic Rose Bowl today were nothing like the same team that ended last season in injured, beaten disappointment.

Led through the air by QB Kevin Prince, who passed for a remarkable 285 yards and 4 TDs on a mere 13 of 16 passes, and on the ground via RB Johnathan Franklin, who amassed an equally impressive 162 yards and 2 TDs on 24 carries, the 2011 UCLA Bruins seem quite capable of surprising their critics and detractors... Not to mention their upcoming opponents. Even more astounding than the Bruins' offensive outburst was the play of their much maligned defensive unit, which shut down and shut out a heralded Pittsburgh team.

In every instance where it seemed that Pittsburgh was on the verge of achieving a semblance of momentum, the UCLA defense hardened, proving not only up to the task but in fact quite superior to it. This was a Pittsburgh team ranked 16th on the Top 25 poll, a team many were certain would start its season with a dominant victory over a UCLA program still searching for its foundation. Yet, on this crisp summer day in Pasadena, quite unexpectedly, it was the Bruins looking like a Top 25 team with, for the first time in years, the capability of instilling fear in their upcoming schedule.

Perhaps Pittsburgh was overrated, and perhaps UCLA will deflate. But, if today's outcome was in fact an indication of things to come in this new season of college football, Bruins fans have a lot to look forward to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see that everybody likes the StoryBuilder/DynastyWire feature, though I wish it had better blogging tools so that I could use even the most basic effects for articles on the website.

Nice interview with Grothe 2.0, I mean BJ Daniels. Also nice writeup to about the dynasty Frisky.

The StoryBuilder feature is pretty cool. I think I'll probably only be doing lengthy writeups for my human vs. human games. Rutgers started out the season with a dominating defeat of #19 Oregon St. 30-0. Suffocating defense and a 182 yard rushing performance from "Jersey" Joe Martinek.

Just lost to the damn CPU. I played like crap, but man I got some shit luck with fumbles and interceptions off tips. Was down 17 to 0, but came back and had chances to go ahead, but blew it. Really hated one field goal I didn't take, but in the end they won 24-14 so maybe it didn't matter. Thankfully it wasn't a conference game so I'm still in it if I don't shit the bed on those.

Apologies for piggybacking on this thread, but since you guys are an active NCAA group: Are good rosters up and are they available to download off someone's locker like last year?

Edit: Just noticed that a roster from "Ck11" has been mentioned on this thread. Is that what most of you are using? Any issues? Thanks.

Yeah its great. The only thing I didn't like was a player Named Hall Jr. It said "Hall Jr." on the back of his jersey. But I guess theres no spot in the game for suffixes.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Apologies for piggybacking on this thread, but since you guys are an active NCAA group: Are good rosters up and are they available to download off someone's locker like last year?

Edit: Just noticed that a roster from "Ck11" has been mentioned on this thread. Is that what most of you are using? Any issues? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The dynasty I'm running is using the CK11 rosters, hopefully they are good. They seem to be the best so far. Pastapadre has the best set if you don't want any edits and just name changes.

bread's done
Back