CAGFC (UFC 2009 League) - HW's Only! New Site! Details Inside!

[quote name='cgarb84']Codi Garber def. Jimi Smith by KO at 3:31 of the 2nd Round.

We had a good fight. I am tired of the lag I've been having though, I've played my first 5 Online fights tonight and had lag in every single one of them. Does everyone else lag that often?[/QUOTE]

It depends honestly. Some private matches yes but then If I play a ranked one with some random, not at all. Go figure.

Man, I'm so itching to see who I fight against! It's killing me with anticipation!

"Grim Reaper" I.A def. Chris Moore by TKO at 4:25 of the 1st Round.

Great fight man, I almost tapped out.....I barely got out of that

Vulcan, I'll be online later today after 6pm eastern. If you want you can add me since we all will be fighting each other a lot in this division :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pimpster4183']Me and Codi had a real good fight, the lag is random for me. But it sucks when it happens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah our fight lagged some for me pretty much the entire time, don't know if it was like that for you or not. Also wanted to ask you what your guys ratings is, i have gotten mine up to 75, which is way higher than it says currently in the OP.

All right guys, CAGFC has its first champion in the Welterweight division! Congratulations to Codi Garber for his knockout victory over Jimi Smith. Garber and Smith are currently our only Welterweights in CAGFC, but I'm sure the division will grow as more people learn about CAGFC. In the meantime, I'm sure Smith is eager for a rematch!

Under Garber's name in the OP, you will now find this.

CAGFCbelt.gif

CONGRATS CODI!!!

[quote name='sleepy180']gonna do my match after the orlando cleveland game if my opponent is on.[/QUOTE]

Your opponent was on for 2 hours after the Cavs game last night. I saw that you finally signed on at about 1:30am est, but didn't bother to message me. So, at about 1:45, I went to bed. I realize you're on the west coast, so your time schedule is different, but try to have some consideration for others. I've got a wife and a life, man. Waiting around for 2 hours for somebody to show up is bullshit.

Eric Ortiz | Nate Lisa | KO | 1:26 of Rd 2

Good fight sleepy. I should have just stuck to my gameplan, because I was probably winning. I knew I couldn't trade with you since you had an advantage in rating 51 to 44, but for some reason, I decided to in Rd 3. Just fucking dumb. I gotta get my guy ranked up because I normally don't lose fights like that. Oh well.

Matt Cracker vs Michael Kline - Cracker via armbar, 1st round, unsure of the time.

I'd feel better about the victory if I wasn't rated nearly 50 points above Pandabot. He put up a good fight and it'll be interesting when the stats for everyone are more even.

You know what's funny, I played a guy last night ranked at Level 50 with a fighter of 95, yet somehow I beat him. Honestly, even with the ratings maybe above a 10 point difference, I'm sure you can beat them if you have a gameplan. But seems like if you stuck to the gameplan Nate you might have won. lol.

Can't wait for our fight tonight Moon.

Sleepy, when can you fight man? Let me know, I'm available tonight after 7 or so, and tomorrow and Wednesday after 4. Would rather fight sooner than later though as I leave for two weeks starting Thursday.

So most people have already finished their careers??? So I might be fighting a 90 overall when I am like a 40? OMG

I better get the game and hurry with the career mode.

I assume after beating the career, most people are close to 90?

Also how many losses do most people have through their career?

[quote name='Ace!']So most people have already finished their careers??? So I might be fighting a 90 overall when I am like a 40? OMG

I better get the game and hurry with the career mode.

I assume after beating the career, most people are close to 90?

Also how many losses do most people have through their career?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the general idea. Put in the time, reap the rewards. I didn't anticipate people finishing the game QUITE this fast, but it'll still work out the same in the end. There may be a disparity in fighters now, but over time, everyone will level off, and the fights will solely be based on skill. Our first week was basically like the first 10 years of the UFC, lol. :)

Also, I should add, after the tournament, we'll just be having individual matches set up as a weekly card. So, you won't neccessarily be fighting guys with ratings of 90 (unless everybody has a 90 by that point). Starting off, you'll be ranked low, and you'll fight other low ranked fighters. As you improve in career...or pull off stunning upsets, your chances for moving up the rankings will increase.

so, as people are winning these tourneys and getting titles...They will keep the titles and people will work their way to be a runner-up to get the title shot?

Manny Pacquiao| Christian Martinez | Forfeit.

Sorry, just don't have the time this weekend and I don't want to delay things. I'll be back.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right guys, CAGFC has its first champion in the Welterweight division! Congratulations to Codi Garber for his knockout victory over Jimi Smith. Garber and Smith are currently our only Welterweights in CAGFC, but I'm sure the division will grow as more people learn about CAGFC. In the meantime, I'm sure Smith is eager for a rematch!

Under Garber's name in the OP, you will now find this.

CAGFCbelt.gif

CONGRATS CODI!!![/QUOTE]

I would like to thank all my fans who made this all possible........... ok just kidding. I just finished my career with this guy earlier today, I will check my final rating and post it later.

My first fight with Jimi was kind of a mismatch, I'm pretty sure I was rated quite a bit higher than him. Next time it will be a lot more even.

[quote name='Ace!']so, as people are winning these tourneys and getting titles...They will keep the titles and people will work their way to be a runner-up to get the title shot?[/QUOTE]

Um, sort of. Yes, the winners of each bracket gets the title for their weight class. After that, they'll be pitted against the top contenders on the weekly card. Who the "top contenders" are will be determined by other fights on the card. If you wouldn't mind, read the OP. There's a lot of good information in there.

[quote name='cmart05']Manny Pacquiao| Christian Martinez | Forfeit.

Sorry, just don't have the time this weekend and I don't want to delay things. I'll be back.
[/QUOTE]

This weekend? Today is Monday, lol. I'm guessing maybe you mean THROUGH this weekend? In which case, yeah, bad timing. It's up to you man. The LW division is small, so I'm not as concerned with that one finishing on time as I am the HW division. And considering the fights only take a maximum of 15 minutes, it's not really overly demanding. It's your call though.

[quote name='moonknight25']Great match Vulcan, your slams were awesome!

Gary Russell| I.A | KO | 1:40| Round 2

Good luck in the finals dude![/QUOTE]

Grazti Grazti. I appreciate it. I try to pride my self on my slams. I looked after the fighter statistics and you did a number on my face. like 92%. Busted my eye open really good. All in All, It was a great fight. I'm a 83 and he took me on for two rounds. Great shit. See, It's about strategy and not just stats in this game I believe.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Grazti Grazti. I appreciate it. I try to pride my self on my slams. I looked after the fighter statistics and you did a number on my face. like 92%. Busted my eye open really good. All in All, It was a great fight. I'm a 83 and he took me on for two rounds. Great shit. See, It's about strategy and not just stats in this game I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I won a fight against Matt by decision the other night when he was rated 56 and I was a 44. But then I got knocked out in the 3rd round by sleepy180 and he was only a 51. As unhappy as I was with the result, it at least shows that rating is not the "be all end all" in deciding a fight's outcome. To me, this bodes very well for our league because it allows room for upsets and improbable runs at the title. I have to say, so far, I'm very pleased with how CAGFC has been going.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']See, It's about strategy and not just stats in this game I believe.[/QUOTE]

Agree about it being strat but I think someone with an 85+ against a 30 or so can submit them pretty easy. At least from the few times ive had that situation happen.

[quote name='MikeBike']Agree about it being strat but I think someone with an 85+ against a 30 or so can submit them pretty easy. At least from the few times ive had that situation happen.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. I'd say a 55 point difference would be near impossible to overcome. But a 10-15 point difference is manageable. Aside from this tournament (where changes in ratings aren't really being monitored during the tourney). But once we go to the weekly cards, nobody with a 30 rating will be fighting someone with an 85.

When did xcoax join? Was it via PM? I asked him about joining, and he said he probably wouldn't.

And in case you feel like updating, Nate, I'm at a 75 overall now, a few months into year 5.

[quote name='Matt Young']When did xcoax join? Was it via PM? I asked him about joining, and he said he probably wouldn't.

And in case you feel like updating, Nate, I'm at a 75 overall now, a few months into year 5.[/QUOTE]

No, he posted in the thread. Last post of page 12. Last posts on a page are always easy to miss though. Plus, we had a couple tournament results posted right around that time.

And wow, a 75 a few months into year 5? You should be AT LEAST a 95 by the time you finish.

If we can't get the fight in tonight just give the win to bg88. Have been working more than usual with the holiday and haven't had much chance play.

[quote name='cubs2321']If we can't get the fight in tonight just give the win to bg88. Have been working more than usual with the holiday and haven't had much chance play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it would be cool to get our fight in sometime tonight but I have also been pretty busy recently.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No, he posted in the thread. Last post of page 12. Last posts on a page are always easy to miss though. Plus, we had a couple tournament results posted right around that time.

And wow, a 75 a few months into year 5? You should be AT LEAST a 95 by the time you finish.[/QUOTE]

I'm a 79 now, about halfway through year 5. I don't know about 95, but I'm hoping for at least 90. My highest rating in a single ability is a 70 or 71, and my strength and cardio are in the low 70's as well. Speed is in the 50's. I'm at the point where, if I want to increase my strength or cardio stats, I lose an equal number of points in the other 2 categories.

I think it's funny how we are all like "OMG! Your gonna be 90!" But without Strategy and having a game plan before going in the fight....it's worthless really. Like I said, I beat a couple 90's last night ranked at level 56 and still managed to beat them with submissions. So the league will be interesting. I wish you were a HW Matt.

Wewt, re-did my fighter. In April, year 4, I am 70 overall. What a difference knowing how the system works makes. Middleweights, watch out.

Also, I don't know how I did it, but it seems like I somehow got an insanely long reach. At 6'1", I have 76" reach...wish i made a boxer instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey whip, I was on at 1030 but couldnt wait any longer. Will u be available tomorrow? if so anytime in the evening will be good for me.

[quote name='homeland']hey whip, I was on at 1030 but couldnt wait any longer. Will u be available tomorrow? if so anytime in the evening will be good for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. My plans went longer than I thought they would. I should be available all of tomorrow evening after about 6pm Central.

Damn, Alan... not only are you pretty much on the exact same pace I was on, but you've done all this after restarting. I feel like I'm so far behind, with others finishing the career and you basically playing through a full career with both your guys combined. And I've played a decent amount.

Talon and sleepy- Do you know when you're fighting? Nothing personal, but I'd like to face talon in the finals. Two guys named Young who practice BJJ and kickboxing? It'd almost be poetic.

I am moving along with my guy in his career. I know I wont be a 90, on advanced the sparing dude is insaine, but I should be a mid 70s at the end which I am happy about. If anyone ever wants to play any matches online I am always down. Just message me.

[quote name='moojuice']Wewt, re-did my fighter. In April, year 4, I am 70 overall. What a difference knowing how the system works makes. Middleweights, watch out.

Also, I don't know how I did it, but it seems like I somehow got an insanely long reach. At 6'1", I have 76" reach...wish i made a boxer instead.[/QUOTE]

I'm at LHW and I'm 6' 2" with a 77-inch reach. Only 1 of the actual UFC LHW guys can equal my reach.

Also Jason Hart is now a 75 near the beginning of year 6 of career mode.

Jean Claude b Matt Cracker via KO 1:15 of Round 1! New Lightheavyweight champion.

Congrats :) I thought I'd start standing and take it to the ground later in the round or at round 2, but I didn't defend my face and got KO'd.

Ya while flash KO's are cool for the "oh shit" factor they kind of suck. Would rather the match come down to skill and game plan rather than luck. We'll have a long season for rematches I'm sure. If you ever want to scrimmage though let me know. I'd like to see how the fight would go if I weren't so lucky.

I'm down for a scrimmage anytime, hit me up when I'm on.

I like the flash KO's every now and then. Don't put it all down to luck though, you outstruck me and I had my hands down because I was about to go for a headkick myself. I'm 23-2 online overall, including this lose and even in that 1:15 you fought better than a ton of people I've run up against online.

[quote name='homeland']Ya while flash KO's are cool for the "oh shit" factor they kind of suck. Would rather the match come down to skill and game plan rather than luck. We'll have a long season for rematches I'm sure. If you ever want to scrimmage though let me know. I'd like to see how the fight would go if I weren't so lucky.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's really "luck" though. From the ones I've gotten, it seems to be timing more than anything. I've gotten a lot of flash KO's via head kicks that start from me stepping back, loading up, and then the other guy dropping his hands at the wrong time. That's exactly how it should be. And whenever I've been KO'd, I can usually think of something stupid I shouldn't have been doing at that particular moment (ie. stepping in, starting to throw a leg kick, shooting, etc.)

I've yet to really feel "cheated" by a loss. Even against the button mashers and people who rush in to try to trap you against the cage. I don't know. Maybe it's because it's an "anything goes" style of combat, but I just feel like if I don't learn to adapt, it's my own fault. Without flash KO's, the game would use your standard run of the mill "health bar". After games like Fight Night and UFC, I never want to see that thing again.

EDIT - See, whip agrees with me, haha. When you're trying to throw a strike, you're not prepared to get hit. I think the game takes that into account. I mean, look at when Rashad Evans knocked out Chuck Liddell. They were both throwing bombs, and Rashad's just got there first. It's just the nature of the sport. I actually think the game plays pretty damn realistically.

Congratulations to CAGFC's very first Light Heavyweight Champion, Jean Claude! Claude defeated Matt Cracker via knockout at 1:15 of the very first round. I've got a feeling our LH division is going to be very competitive, so we're sure to see some great fights out of these guys in the future!

Under Jean Claude's name, you will now find this!

CAGFCbelt.gif

CONGRATS JEAN!!!

bread's done
Back