CAGHL 2k7 - League Champion: Thatstoobad (Nashville Predators)

[quote name='thatstoobad']Sorry to hear that about your Xbox, SteveMcQ. How long does it take to get those things fixed?

I sent someone a PM about taking over as Colorado, but if I don't hear anything back from them, I'll open up the league and hopefully someone can fill in.[/quote]Odd thing, 24 seemed to have fixed my 360. The things Jack Bauer can do. The drive seems to close now. I'll contact IceBurgh tonight after I run some tests on the drive to make sure it's alright. I'll post again tonight to see what the deal is with it.

[quote name='flybrione']Repetske I tried to send you a PM but you box is full. Can you play tomorrow night after 7:30pm cst?[/quote]

My inbox is clear again. Sorry about that. I can play tonight or tomorrow. Just name the time as long as it's after 6:30 eastern.

Edit that, I can play tonight (I know it's short notice) and I can play tomorrow at 8:30 eastern, 7:30 central, at the very latest. My girlfriend has some people coming over to watch some TV shows at 9:00 eastern. I guess I could play after that, but maybe 7:30 central will work out.

AJH and I played our game this afternoon. Really close game, but I managed to slip a few past Fleury to get the win. If Vokoun hadn't played so well for me today (plus quite a few off the posts and crossbar), I would have lost by a ton.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Odd thing, 24 seemed to have fixed my 360. The things Jack Bauer can do. The drive seems to close now. I'll contact IceBurgh tonight after I run some tests on the drive to make sure it's alright. I'll post again tonight to see what the deal is with it.[/QUOTE]
Great. Hopefully it stays that way.

All seems to be well with my system. PMed you IceBurgh...let's get this battle of the cellar dwellers done. I will prevail (by which I mean, lose horribly).

Hell has frozen over (if you consider the Midwest in winter hell):

Colorado 4
Washington 1

Good game IceBurgh. Sorry I wasn't able to chat. I've had a wicked bad cough and I didn't wanna make you deaf.

Hey I was just credited with a win I didn't deserve. I was getting my butt handed to me by MSUHitman 7 or 8 to nothing when there was a "server restart"? Anyways there was only a couple of minutes left in the game when this happened so I had no chance of coming back. Can this be corrected? He knows the goal scorers.

thanks

RC

Hey we just had something go major league wrong with our game. With 2 minutes left in the game, my game seemed to freeze, but I could talk to my opponent through XBox Live chat session and I was still online. The system gave me the loss even though I was up 7-0. Can this be changed by you league admin? I will send you the stats for the game in a PM.

Edit: This is the story on 2ksports.com about the server restart but maybe it was early?
http://online.2ksports.com/news?n=2

I fixed the problem with the result, so everything should be correct now.

Just to remind, these two games still need to be played:
Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Anaheim @ Columbus

Just finished off the Columbus Anaheim game. My first CAGHL game went pretty good. Our first game died on us seconds after the first face off. Second played through fine though. Good game Outrage. Too bad it had to end in shoot out. I love when games end in OT with a really good shot, either way. Anyways good game. I look forward to my next one :)

Here's the update for week 6. Once again, nice job to everyone for getting your games in.

---------------------------------------

LEAGUE SITE: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=65642
(track your stats, make trades and stuff)

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND YOUR OPPONENT A PM! if you are having problems communicating with the person you play against, or can't get a game time scheduled, please post in the thread or send me a PM about it. i think posting in the thread is better, since that gives the other person a chance to see it.

WEEK SIX:

PLAY BY DATE: 02/24 (you have THROUGH that day to play your game)

Chicago @ Ottawa
St. Louis @ Columbus
Anaheim @ Buffalo
Calgary @ Pittsburgh
Philadelphia @ Colorado
Atlanta @ Washington
Nashville @ Carolina

Player List (XBL names are in parentheses):
Anaheim Ducks - Outrage (OuTrAgEpAjAmAs)
Atlanta Thrashers - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
Buffalo Sabres - repetske (Silencer)
Calgary Flames - rscaramelo (nerevfan)
Carolina Hurricanes - monsta mack (Jagr69)
Chicago Blackhawks - flybrione (BigMes)
Colorado Avalanche - stevemcq (SteveMcQ)
Columbus Blue Jackets - magiic (blackmagiic)
Nashville Predators - thatstoobad (AccordionWolf)
Ottawa Senators - amicus - (Amicus33)
Philadelphia Flyers - cheapyd (CheapyD)
Pittsburgh Penguins - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
St. Louis Blues - msuhitman (MSUHitman)
Washington Capitals - iceburgh (The IceBurgh)

Hey rscaramelo (nerevfan) when can you play this week I will be pretty busy packing up for my move next week so the sooner the better for me.

Just a F.Y.I. for my week seven opponent I need to get the game in A.S.A.P. I am moving and my XBOX Live access will be spotty at best for the first few days of March.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I think clicking the right stick lets you have the POV of the goalie, while doing what SteveMcQ said actually lets you control the goal like a player (say if you want to cut off the puck yourself or something).[/quote]

When can you play our hockey game this week? I know it's short notice, but you wouldn't be up for it between 7 and 8:30 would you?

[quote name='repetske']When can you play our hockey game this week? I know it's short notice, but you wouldn't be up for it between 7 and 8:30 would you?[/QUOTE]

Tonight wouldn't be great. I could probably make it if need be. What about Tuesday, around 8-9?

Got owned by the league OWNER! How ironic.
Man talk about being shut down in the third period.
It's up to Silencer to defeat the Predators now.

Well theres a long way to go in the season, and I've learned a bit but I certainly need to get better come playoffs.

Good game man.

Another good fun game with MSUHitman. I really need to learn how to play though. I got my ass handed to me 6-0 with a shot ratio of 6:1 and once again I did not win one single face off. I need to read through the manual or something. I have no idea how to check poke check or anything without getting a penalty, I think played the large portion of last game down a man or two. Still I had fun even if I got pwned. Can't wait till next round.

Blues get second straight win and start to build momentum. Refs were definately whistle happy, they called 15 penalties on Columbus?! Man that was definately harsh for the Blue Jackets owner.

[quote name='rscaramelo']I'm available most nights after 11pm eastern. I can do 7:30pm eastern tonight.

RC[/QUOTE]

I will look for you tonight around 11:10 pm est is that cool?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Got owned by the league OWNER! How ironic.
Man talk about being shut down in the third period.
It's up to Silencer to defeat the Predators now.

Well theres a long way to go in the season, and I've learned a bit but I certainly need to get better come playoffs.

Good game man.[/quote]

I usually do. ;)

Nice game Outrage. Sorry I was late. It's tax season and I'm an accountant, so 12 hours days are almost the minimum right now. Good luck in the rest of your games.

[quote name='repetske']I usually do. ;) [/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what he said :( lol. I look forward to our next match, I hope to offer a better challenge next time around. I'm gonna practice a bit more once I get done with some of my single player games, namingly Splinter Cell. I'm also picking up Samuari Warriors 2: Empires, but other then that not getting anything or much till April... although I'm still waiting for a deal on NHL 07.

Edit: Looks like we won't be playing again in the regular season from what I saw again thatstoobad, but I play Silencer once more. How do the playoffs work? 8 teams makes it? Best of 3 games?

After winning last week's game, the Avalanche felt some confidence swelling up. But as quickly as the thoughts of competing for a playoff spot arose, they were just as quickly dashed as the cellar dweller Avalanche were beaten like dirty dogs and reminded of their bitch status in the CAGHL:

Flyers 2
Avalanche 0

Good game, Cheapy.

Ottawa vs chicago died at 5-2 for ottawa with 15 minutes left in the 3rd. thats what it reported to the server.

dunno what you want to flybrione but i'm fine with that result....obviously.

good game.

edit:

flybrione msg'd on live saying disc error. accepts outcome.

[quote name='amicus']flybrione msg'd on live saying disc error. accepts outcome.[/QUOTE]

This is the second time I got a Disc Read Error with the game online in the league. NHL 2K hockey games hate me :bomb: .

I will try returning this copy when I get a chance. I thought I have solved the problem but it happened again. This is my second copy of the game too.

Very Frustrating! This does not happen with any other game I own either.

[quote name='IceBurgh']sighlintbob you wanna try and get ATL v Washington game in tonight (Feb 20)? Can play anytime tonight.[/QUOTE]

sighlintbob still waiting to hear from you. We are the last week 6 game to be played.

Let me know.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Edit: Looks like we won't be playing again in the regular season from what I saw again thatstoobad, but I play Silencer once more. How do the playoffs work? 8 teams makes it? Best of 3 games?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the top 8 teams make the playoffs, and each playoff round is best of 3. It would have been cool to play again, but I'm not too upset about it, since I could have really easliy lost that last game had a few bounces gone different ways.

sorry everyone, just got back into town from a business trip. i'll try and contact my opponent to get our game taken care of.

Here is the update for week 7.

LEAGUE SITE: http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=65642
(track your stats, make trades and stuff)

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND YOUR OPPONENT A PM! if you are having problems communicating with the person you play against, or can't get a game time scheduled, please post in the thread or send me a PM about it. i think posting in the thread is better, since that gives the other person a chance to see it.

WEEK SEVEN:

PLAY BY DATE: 03/04 (you have THROUGH that day to play your game)

Colorado @ Calgary
Columbus @ Ottawa
Buffalo @ Atlanta
Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh
Nashville @ Anaheim
St. Louis @ Washington
Chicago @ Carolina

Player List (XBL names are in parentheses):
Anaheim Ducks - Outrage (OuTrAgEpAjAmAs)
Atlanta Thrashers - sighlintbob (Shadowcat)
Buffalo Sabres - repetske (Silencer)
Calgary Flames - rscaramelo (nerevfan)
Carolina Hurricanes - monsta mack (Jagr69)
Chicago Blackhawks - flybrione (BigMes)
Colorado Avalanche - stevemcq (SteveMcQ)
Columbus Blue Jackets - magiic (blackmagiic)
Nashville Predators - thatstoobad (AccordionWolf)
Ottawa Senators - amicus - (Amicus33)
Philadelphia Flyers - cheapyd (CheapyD)
Pittsburgh Penguins - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
St. Louis Blues - msuhitman (MSUHitman)
Washington Capitals - iceburgh (The IceBurgh)

Hey CheapyD if we could can we get our game done ASAP, I am moving all this week and my XBL access will be spotty at best as the week continues.

Another game down another ass kicking. I really need to work on my face-offs. I'm getting better though I won two face-offs compared to zero on my last two games.

Man trying to play some ranked games to get my last of the three achivements (Penalty Shot being glitched, League is what I am aiming for right now, and this being the 30 ranked games) and nothing has been more annoying then people trying the same move over and move again to score goals. Then whats worst is when you give up the same one timer 100 times because your damn tired :( I mean, come on people. Go top shelf, backhand, score from the blue line! I am getting tired of all the xploiters on XBox live for this game, and that was the only fault for me in last years online play to. I'd hate to face the top guys and imagine what kind of stunts they pull off.

Big Mes sent you a PM. Hope we are able to get our game going but I understand your situation and it really blows :(

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Big Mes sent you a PM. Hope we are able to get our game going but I understand your situation and it really blows :([/QUOTE]

Sent you a response LMK.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Man trying to play some ranked games to get my last of the three achivements (Penalty Shot being glitched, League is what I am aiming for right now, and this being the 30 ranked games) and nothing has been more annoying then people trying the same move over and move again to score goals. Then whats worst is when you give up the same one timer 100 times because your damn tired :( I mean, come on people. Go top shelf, backhand, score from the blue line! I am getting tired of all the xploiters on XBox live for this game, and that was the only fault for me in last years online play to. I'd hate to face the top guys and imagine what kind of stunts they pull off.[/QUOTE]
That's one of the reasons I've only played a handfull of games online (outside of the league of course). I don't mind losing when it's a good game or if i get outplayed, but when all the player does is constantly one time on offense and constantly dive on defense the games gets pretty boring. Combine that with the feedback system and it often ends up more frustrating than enjoyable.

I think that's pretty funny. Any time I play online and someone goes down and one-timers to go up 1-0, I'm just like, oh okay, I see how it's gonna be. I try to mix it up with one-timers, skating in circles around the d, wrap-arounds, slapshots, and just rebounds. I think I've only had one game where I felt I scored the same way over and over and that was against amicus I believe. He kept leaving the middle open and that led to the top corner backhand in close to the goalie. I see you guys on quite a bit now. Shoot me an invite for exhibition if you're ever up for it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Man trying to play some ranked games to get my last of the three achivements (Penalty Shot being glitched, League is what I am aiming for right now, and this being the 30 ranked games) and nothing has been more annoying then people trying the same move over and move again to score goals. Then whats worst is when you give up the same one timer 100 times because your damn tired :( I mean, come on people. Go top shelf, backhand, score from the blue line! I am getting tired of all the xploiters on XBox live for this game, and that was the only fault for me in last years online play to. I'd hate to face the top guys and imagine what kind of stunts they pull off.

Big Mes sent you a PM. Hope we are able to get our game going but I understand your situation and it really blows :([/quote]

yeah i had some defensive issues that game. i couldn't stop ur move. i'll get you next time :)

but when i play online, i try to mix it up to depending on what the opponent is doing. its more fun trying to score different ways.

Hey rscaramelo, I sent a counter-offer to your proposal. I need it to have at least have the same number of players on each side.

Also, Buffalo and Atlanta are scheduled to play later tonight. I really want to go into week 9 undefeated, so when I beat thatstoobad, it will be that much sweeter. ;)

[quote name='repetske']Also, Buffalo and Atlanta are scheduled to play later tonight. I really want to go into week 9 undefeated, so when I beat thatstoobad, it will be that much sweeter. ;)[/QUOTE]
Now I'm going to lose my next game on purpose, just to spite you.

[quote name='repetske']I really want to go into week 9 undefeated, so when I beat thatstoobad, it will be that much sweeter. ;)[/quote]My losing streak is far more impressive than your winning streak.:D

Shout out to BigMes for a good game. It was nice playing with you. I'm sure you could beat me in every other game you own though. Thats one hugeass gamerscore. My goalie gave you alot of chances and I thought for sure you were gonna tie me late in the third. Damn.

Silencer sorry for not responding my wife plays the 360 to. Maybe we can play sometime down the road.

[quote name='magiic']Suppose new games are up soon :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just waiting on the Atlanta/Buffalo game. The new schedule will be posted tomorrow, or maybe this evening if they get the game done before that.

bread's done
Back