Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

As i said before, i had a thread on their forums with 500+ votes, 90% of which were in favor of my idea that IW send e-mails or messages via XBL to all registered members. That would truly be first come, first serve as who ever can enter their code the quickest gets in. But of course they deleted that thread (one of the most popular user created threads at the time)...

[quote name='SynGamer']Sniping with any gun from just about any distance without a scope...they need to fix that. If not, no purchase for me.[/quote]

That's a huge negative for me as well. There is no reason to use any other weapon besides a an assault rifle or smg when you can snipe with a red dot scope across the whole map without the crap you have to put up with on the sniper rifle.

It feels hugely unbalanced with the perks and upgrades. I love the kill cam when you see someone just unloaded a clip into the side of a barn and kill you in 2 shots without even seeing you. I thought kill cams were last gen anyway since they allow a bit of an unrealistic unfair advantage .

The only thing I really like about the game is the upgrade implemantation. You unlock the challenge rewards by normally playing the game. It's an almost instant gratification feeling compared to the slow unlocking of stuff in bf2.

Hate to say it, but moh airborne feels more "real" this this beta does. I only hope the pc version is not an exact port of this. I was really looking foward to getting it for my comp.

If you hoping this is another rainbow six w/ realism. Then you will be sorely disapointed.

[quote name='Maynard']I'm checking all my forums and NO one is saying they got in? This smells like BS[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing everywhere. Who are these 200K people that got in?

[quote name='ananag112']The CoD4 isn't much anyway now. The first few days were really good. Now however, there is a ton of lag that makes the game impossible to play.[/quote]

I agree after a while it gets a little boring but as far as lag, I haven't experience ANY lag in the 3 hours I've played.

I been trying like fuck crazy and I'm getting no where with this shit so pissed. Wanted to check out this game for a while.

What they should have done is just said the beta will come out and to keep looking at the site. Then put it up and not say anything about it. That way people could find it and not crash the site. Or get enough servers to handle the site. Or better yet give it to the members that have been on the site the longest.

[quote name='SynGamer']Sniping with any gun from just about any distance without a scope...they need to fix that. If not, no purchase for me.[/QUOTE]
You do realize this is a BETA PROGRAM... the whole point is for users to complain about problems like that.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Everyone check this out: http://www.fourzerotwo.com/[/QUOTE]
If I can get my fucking confirmation email to fucking send, then this is awesome.

Now fourzerotwo is down for me. However here is what someone posted saying this was on the site.

**** this first come first serve registration, WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE COMMUNITY.

NO MORE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. We will be taking care of the guys who've spent the last 6 months on the site, reading all of our updates, participating in our forums, and staying home all day today refreshing the site to get a token.

YOU WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF, and we will make sure that everyone has an equal chance to get into the beta REGARDLESS of depending on the the site.

So here's the current plan. We are cracking whips and making sure the site gets back up and running. We're going to do away with the first come, first serve and are going to have open registration for 24 hours.

So whether you're able to get on the site within the hour, or log on at midnight tonight, you can sign-up and have an equal chance at a token.

We will then take that massive database of sign-ups over the next 24 hours, and distribute all available tokens to the members who sign-up.

We're doing everything we can to make sure this site crash does not effect your chances for Beta glory.

So keep the comments, emails, and calls coming guys, it's just fueling our fight to make sure you guys are taken care of.

CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES, as I'll keep you guys FULLY in the loop.

HEADS ARE ROLLIN'

not sure if these are the real questions..but this is what someone posted.

1. you play as US & who else?- British, Russian, French?

2.Which perk is increased bullet penetration?- juggernaut, deep impact, stopping power?

3.In MP 7 kills gets you what? heli strike, AC-130 strike, reinforcement insertion??

Latest post from fourtwozero:

8/27/07
Madness? This is BETA!!!

*warning* Bold words and profanity from this point on. Loose Lips Sink Ships.

QUICK-UPDATE:

First: I'm as pissed as you guys.

Second: Here's the low down.

As the many of you who have stayed home from work, school, and neglected loved onces can attest to, CharlieOscarDelta.com has officially died. Today. Again. On Beta sign-up day. While we're all waiting for the countdown timer to hit zero.

We were assured relentlessly time and time again by the company who runs and maintains Charlieoscardelta.com for us that they have adequately prepared the servers for this massive Beta roll-out.

That was fucking bullshit.

I'm not going to lie, I'm fucking mad as hell.

fuck this first come first serve registration, WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE COMMUNITY.

NO MORE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. We will be taking care of the guys who've spent the last 6 months on the site, reading all of our updates, participating in our forums, and staying home all day today refreshing the site to get a token.

YOU WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF, and we will make sure that everyone has an equal chance to get into the beta REGARDLESS of depending on the the site.

So here's the current plan. We are cracking whips and making sure the site gets back up and running. We're going to do away with the first come, first serve and are going to have open registration for 24 hours.

So whether you're able to get on the site within the hour, or log on at midnight tonight, you can sign-up and have an equal chance at a token.

We will then take that massive database of sign-ups over the next 24 hours, and distribute all available tokens to the members who sign-up.

We're doing everything we can to make sure this site crash does not effect your chances for Beta glory.

So keep the comments, emails, and calls coming guys, it's just fueling our fight to make sure you guys are taken care of.

HEADS ARE ROLLIN'

scribed by Fourzerotwo at 12:33 PM

All I know is, I have been given another chance at getting in this thing! Glory to Infinity Ward for extending our suffering!

wait a minute...

I love how they play the victims and its the hosting site's fault. Whatever. Disregard the fact that tons of people saw this coming and called them on it.

It's also a moot point if they cant ge the site back up and functioning anytime soon.

Yea see Im one of the only people that could care less because this game will get old fast and hey I havent missed any thing apparantly. Like I have been saying. This is no different from any other military shooter. BF: BC FTW

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think you have bigger problems if you stayed home from school or work to get into a Beta.[/quote]
LOL no doubt!

I did leave work at 3pm, my normal time, and come straight home. I failed at signing up and then went back out to do all the lil craps i had to do and should have did rather than running home for some crappy beta. :roll:

I'll just keep building my online rank in CoD3. :D

[quote name='nikelecious91']lol..I think the beta should of only been giving through an update for people that own Call of Duty 3 and played a certain # of matches already.[/quote]

Thats a terrible idea, even worse than the lottery. COD3 was awful and wasn't even touched by Infinity Ward.

[quote name='Maynard']Thats a terrible idea, even worse than the lottery. COD3 was awful and wasn't even touched by Infinity Ward.[/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot about that...well it should of been a way that real loyal Call od Duty fans could get in.

Here's an update:

QUICK-UPDATE:

First: I'm as pissed as you guys.

Second: Here's the low down.

As the many of you who have stayed home from work, school, and neglected loved onces can attest to, CharlieOscarDelta.com has officially died. Today. Again. On Beta sign-up day. While we're all waiting for the countdown timer to hit zero.

We were assured relentlessly time and time again by the company who runs and maintains Charlieoscardelta.com for us that they have adequately prepared the servers for this massive Beta roll-out.

That was ****ing bullpoop.

I'm not going to lie, I'm ****ing mad as hell.

**** this first come first serve registration, WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE COMMUNITY.

HEADS ARE ROLLIN'
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']am i the only glad one? I woke up late today anyway...[/quote]

Damn your lazy haha :)

yeah you are the only one who is glad cause the majority of us that get up when its daylight out have been waiting for this all morning. :)

[quote name='Maynard']Damn your lazy haha :)

yeah you are the only one who is glad cause the majority of us that get up when its daylight out have been waiting for this all morning. :)[/QUOTE]

Being a creature of the night has its downsides like missing stuff like this.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']am i the only glad one? I woke up late today anyway...[/QUOTE]
I've been at work all day and completely forgot, so I'm with you.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/cod4.streetwise.com/template2/html/template.inc.php on line 596
Too many connections

maybe not...

[quote name='pimpinc333']Alright, Site is back up. It will remain open for 24 hours so enter now. Good Luck to all! :D[/quote]

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /var/www/cod4.streetwise.com/template2/html/template.inc.php on line 596
Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I dare say who ever their host is...well, they'll be dropped pretty soon :p

Ah damn.....it's being a slug for me but im chuggin along with my enter form. Good Luck Again.

Ok all Done. Here is what it says at the end. Also there are no questions to answer. Just pop in your Gametag, Email Address, and Accept the ToS.

"
Your name will now be entered into a random drawing for Tokens into the Xbox 360 Multiplayer Beta. At 7pm PDT tomorrow, Tuesday August 28th, we will be drawing names for entry into the Beta. Within 72 hours of this Drawing, we will contact you via email with news on whether or not you were admitted. Even if your name is not chosen in the random drawing, there will be more ways to get into the Beta, and we will continue to update you on the details as soon as they’re finalized!

If you are selected in the Drawing, please be patient and wait until you receive your token. We will be sending out Token Codes in batches to ensure the Xbox Live servers are ramped up at a safe pace.

If you use an email client such as Yahoo, G-mail, or Hotmail, please be sure to check your junk mail folder for news on whether or not you've been selected. Also, please add [email protected]o your address book. This will ensure that you don’t miss out on any of the action.

Check back into Charlie Oscar Delta for Updates, and don’t forget: this is a Beta! You can send us your feedback at [email protected] as well as post your thoughts on the Charlie Oscar Delta Boards. We’ll be reading your Feedback, so please let us know what you think! "

I really like that they are sending you an Email regardless if you get in or not. Thats pretty cool since I have been checking my email every 2 hours just in case they sent mine late from last week ;)

Lol, making everyone jump through hoops for this...complete bullshit. Just give the fucking beta out and if the servers can't handle it, cap the servers. Increase the cap each day or something...

[quote name='CYRiX']what are the answers to the questions? I think i might know them but im not sure[/QUOTE]

As I posted above there are no questions to answer.....

[quote name='CYRiX']Answers

Bristish SAS
Juggernaut
Helicopter support[/QUOTE]

Where did you come up with that? I had zero questions to answer?

[quote name='CYRiX']Yah I got 3 ?'s I had to answer.[/QUOTE]

Wow sounds like IV hates you and doesn't want you to make it in the Beta ;)

bread's done
Back