Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

For those still waiting call the number and give them your email again. A lil nudge never hurt anyone :D 8008838895.

Talking to people online I think I may be in the same boat as Linkin as I am REALLY enjoying the game. I haven't played this much since before the new maps came out on CoD4 though. I'd gotten into other games and had completely gotten away from most all gaming there for a bit. So everything is fresh and new to us.

Found a way to get on the roof of the house on the far right on the map "castle". Saw someone picking people off from up there and was like WTF lol. Hope the beta lasts till the game releases or at least close to Gears 2. How the hell we got two huge shooters in one freakin week of each other?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone know how long the beta will be good for?[/QUOTE]

The beta is supposed to run till the game is released or at least that is what the beta faq currently states.

[quote name='Littlefields']Is it just me or is the Callofduty.com site down? Too much people checking for keys?[/quote]

Its down. Its not even accepting my login at other sites.

[quote name='$hady']For those still waiting call the number and give them your email again. A lil nudge never hurt anyone :D 8008838895.
[/QUOTE]

That number's worthless. Every time I call, they say they are unable to complete my call due to high call volume.

[quote name='Matt Young']That number's worthless. Every time I call, they say they are unable to complete my call due to high call volume.[/quote]

same here

What do you know, I finally got through.... And all they said was to call back if I hadn't received my code in 72 hours. Didn't even ask me for any information.

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow this game is literally COD 4 with a WW2 coat of paint
Boring......................[/QUOTE]

Anyone else feel that way? I was thinking about reserving it right now just to get in on the beta action. Any other thoughts on the game?

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow this game is literally COD 4 with a WW2 coat of paint
Boring......................[/quote]

Good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Apparently my charlieoscardelta account doesnt exist when I try transferring it, even though I have the email right here with my password. Guess they deleted inactive accounts? Oh well. If anyone by chance has a spare key, I'd be grateful. I know I'm reaching though :p

Ok let me clarify. It is fun. COD 4 was fun but thats the thing it is literally COD 4 with WW 2 paint. Only difference is dogs instead of helis, and limbs come off akwardly. If you like/still like cod 4 you will enjoy this game. But if your looking for something fresh and new then you wont want to get this. It is a solid game but damn they didnt try anything new. Even Halo 3 had enough differences to make it a worthy successor.

The kill cams are much better
Knifing is still hit or miss
The color in the maps is horrible. It is very difficult to see people at times.
The weapons are basically the same only made for WW2
Tanks aren't great aren't terrible

[quote name='slickkill77']Ok let me clarify. It is fun. COD 4 was fun but thats the thing it is literally COD 4 with WW 2 paint. Only difference is dogs instead of helis, and limbs come off akwardly. If you like/still like cod 4 you will enjoy this game. But if your looking for something fresh and new then you wont want to get this. It is a solid game but damn they didnt try anything new. Even Halo 3 had enough differences to make it a worthy successor.

The kill cams are much better
Knifing is still hit or miss
The color in the maps is horrible. It is very difficult to see people at times.
The weapons are basically the same only made for WW2
Tanks aren't great aren't terrible[/quote]

Yeah it's like I said a few posts back.

But I think I'm still picking this game up for the Campaign. It has some amazing story to it and the voice work is great too. And 4 player coop is a really big draw. And the competitive coop is a lot of fun.

I finally got to play it and it's okay. It may have just been the mode I was playing (CTF) but the maps were awful. Maybe it's just that game-type and I guess those maps of randomness work for CTF, but I wasn't digging it. Maybe I'll try a different game-type and see if I like it better.

[quote name='nnthomas']Apparently my charlieoscardelta account doesnt exist when I try transferring it, even though I have the email right here with my password. Guess they deleted inactive accounts? Oh well. If anyone by chance has a spare key, I'd be grateful. I know I'm reaching though :p[/quote]

You have to create a new account at www.callofduty.com, and then go to www.callofduty.com/points and you'll be able to transfer the account, their site is like glitched or something.

You probably won't have a beta key anyway, as it seems like they go based on how long ago you registered at callofduty.com, not charlieoscardelta. Since I was a member of charlieoscardelta for a very, very long time and didn't get a key since I registered a day after they handed out keys.

That was for the first phase though, apparently more keys will be sent out a week later.

[quote name='R1V3R5']I finally got to play it and it's okay. It may have just been the mode I was playing (CTF) but the maps were awful. Maybe it's just that game-type and I guess those maps of randomness work for CTF, but I wasn't digging it. Maybe I'll try a different game-type and see if I like it better.[/quote]
Yeah, I find CTF to be kinda weird. In the games I've played, people don't even protect the flag and just go off. Also, spawn points are kinda weird in CTF. There's no 'safe' spawn point. So, for example, the flag is in a room, but you spawn outside of the room where guys already trying to get the flag... Of course this situation would never happen if people protected the flag, but, eh.

it still wont let me download the beta, i put my code in and i get the try again later message, guess i'll keep trying

Was really hoping to try this, but keep getting shut out of one contest after the next... just spent ten minutes trying to login to Eurogamer to no avail.

[quote name='yukine']Yup, definitely COD4 in WW2 paint. I'm liking it quite a bit as well.[/quote]

i wonder If they could have just released this as some sort of expansion pack since that's all it is IMHO. $20-$30 expansion would have been good. I am definitely not getting this game at launch unless I find a really good deal. I am not paying more that $40 for it, didn't do it for COD4 wont do it for COD4.5. Beta is still fun though :D

bread's done
Back