Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

Castle is the best map of the 3, with the nighttime one being the worst. The spawns suck ass for Free for All. You spawn even closer to the enemy than in CoD4, at least on the night time beach map. Still managed second though.

Hell yeah, just got an e-mail from Callofduty.com for a beta code because I did a charlieoscardelta transfer. Which is weird, since most people who did that got a code in their profile. Oh well, thats not the point ;)

How do you do the Charlieoscardelta transfer? I've made a new account on CallofDuty.com but I don't see the transfer option anywhere.

Make sure you check the Badges area in the avatar creator after you do the transfer, it doesnt exactly say "yay you got the VIP badge" - you have to manually pin them on your avatar yourself

I like the dogs, but it seems like there are too many, and they kill you too fast. Sometimes its like you cant even shoot them until they start attacking you first. Maybe im just a bad aim. But i hope they tone down the dogs before the final game comes out.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I like the dogs, but it seems like there are too many, and they kill you too fast. Sometimes its like you cant even shoot them until they start attacking you first. Maybe im just a bad aim. But i hope they tone down the dogs before the final game comes out.[/quote]

yeah dogs seem a bit overpowered especially if u dont have an auto weapon

I just can't help but feel like they could have released COD 5 with three components; WW II, Modern Combat + Futuristic. It seems the same, all they would need to do is switch in the weapons and perks. I also thought I may enjoy the vehicle aspect, but it kind of sucks. You CANNOT use a turret because you will get sniped within a few seconds. IT is also impossible for regualr soldiers to tak down the tank, and since the maps are quite small, I am forced to duck and weave around the tank.

Overall, I like it.

Dogs aren't hard, just knife them.
I love running with my dogs, and seeing people trying to shoot them. Easy to take them down.

Damn, pretty cool game. CoD4 engine helps alot.

Ended my night winning FFA with 30 and 10. Was starting to get into a kind of groove.
360 pad feels pretty damn good for this.

I might buy this later on.
I love leveling up, and just unlocked the challenges. Start on that tomorrow night.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I like the dogs, but it seems like there are too many, and they kill you too fast. Sometimes its like you cant even shoot them until they start attacking you first. Maybe im just a bad aim. But i hope they tone down the dogs before the final game comes out.[/quote]

It's alot easier to kill the dogs than it was to shoot down the helicopter that they replaced. Though I have shot down my fair share of Helis.

[quote name='Matt Young']For the tanks, RPGs work. I haven't tried anti tank grenades, but a few RPG blasts to the side seem to do the trick.[/quote]

Takes at least 2 hits with the bazooka, sticky grenades, or satchel charges usually. I did have someone blow me up with just 1 satchel charge as I drove right over the top of it and it hit me square in the middle.

I dig the beta, thus far. Well, other than the environment glitches. :bomb:

I wonder, where is the tree climbing perk (it's not even in the locked preview section)? I assume it will be added later. Since, um, it was in trailers.

And I miss the indicator that told you when your grenades affected enemies. Presently, I wonder if my grenade even went off. :oops:

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Dumb question but where do you download the beta?[/quote]

You have to get a code emailed to you either by preordering at Gamestop, or getting from a site like callofduty.com. See the previous replies for some of the other third party sites that offered codes earlier today/over the weekend.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have to get a code emailed to you either by preordering at Gamestop, or getting from a site like callofduty.com. See the previous replies for some of the other third party sites that offered codes earlier today/over the weekend.[/quote]

Yea, I got one I just was wondering how I downloaded it but I figured it out. When I went to redeem code the whole " Enter prepaid code" thing threw me off.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Takes at least 2 hits with the bazooka, sticky grenades, or satchel charges usually. I did have someone blow me up with just 1 satchel charge as I drove right over the top of it and it hit me square in the middle.[/quote]

Is it possible to drive over people? Ive tried but seems like you cant.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is it possible to drive over people? Ive tried but seems like you cant.[/quote]

yes lol ive been ran over a few times

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a beta code from EuroGamer, however none of my other friends got a code and I really don't have time to play, so if people wanna shoot me a PM, when I get back from class I'll reply back to someone with a code.

edit: Gone to H-Town Info

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukine']Yeah the spawning is off, I've been spawned killed quite a bit.

It doesn't work nearly as well as it does in COD4.[/quote]\

That is pissing me off so much not just in World at War, also in Halo 3. I am just constantly spawning next to someone who is getting shot at.:wall:

[quote name='MSUHitman']Takes at least 2 hits with the bazooka, sticky grenades, or satchel charges usually. I did have someone blow me up with just 1 satchel charge as I drove right over the top of it and it hit me square in the middle.[/quote]
Feels more than two hits with the bazooka. Two hits will make it go on fire. Satchel charges seem to be the most effective, whether or not you have the Fireworks perk on. Stick grenades seem better to throw at people than they are at tanks.

I agree with the spawning thing too. Although, in COD4 I played Hardcore a lot, so it probably wont be a problem for me. But yeah, I see what you guys are saying.

[quote name='Chase']
And I miss the indicator that told you when your grenades affected enemies. Presently, I wonder if my grenade even went off. :oops:[/quote]

Now that you talk about it, I miss it too. But i guess it will lower the # of people who randomly threw grenades in COD4.

[quote name='Wolve11']explosions have been toned down a lot.[/quote]

Emphasis on A LOT. Even with the Fireworks perk or whatever it is that increases explosive damage, satchel charges (C4) and grenades seem to have a smaller blast radius.

And is it just me or do grenades, cooked or not, take longer to detonate?

[quote name='typeRJ']Emphasis on A LOT. Even with the Fireworks perk or whatever it is that increases explosive damage, satchel charges (C4) and grenades seem to have a smaller blast radius.

And is it just me or do grenades, cooked or not, take longer to detonate?[/quote]

So much for the "they dont make em like they used to" saying, right grandpa? :lol:

This game is already making em not want to play it. With that glitch where people go under the map. Why the fuck do people use and abuse things like that. Unfucking believable.

glitching has been part of games for forever, get over it. Title updates (or in this case the final product) can fix it easily.

Also it takes a lot longer for the Artillery strike to hit compared to COD4s airstrike. All this stuff makes sense if you really want a believable WWII online battle though.

[quote name='Wolve11']glitching has been part of games for forever, get over it. Title updates (or in this case the final product) can fix it easily.
[/quote]
I know it is going to get fixed but I just cannot play the game. I die, I sapwn I get killed within 10 seconds by the glitcher, Spawn, get killed again by the glitcher. It happened like 5 times in a row 3 different times. I just quit and went to play Bianic Commando instead.

[quote name='eliter1']I know it is going to get fixed but I just cannot play the game. I die, I sapwn I get killed within 10 seconds by the glitcher, Spawn, get killed again by the glitcher. It happened like 5 times in a row 3 different times. I just quit and went to play Bianic Commando instead.[/quote]

I hear you on the spawn killing thing. The idea of this is great that they tried to mirror COD4, they are just missing the little things which turn out to become a big annoyance.

bread's done
Back