Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='The 7th Number']Man i cant believe people try to trade or sell codes. If i got some extras for free, i would give them away for free.[/quote]

Look at all the people in the trading forum that think they have a piece of gold. They gave out like 50,000 of these.

I hate that some people are such assholes that they try to get as many codes a spossible and then sell them all when they don't even plan to use them.

[quote name='Layziebones']Look at all the people in the trading forum that think they have a piece of gold. They gave out like 50,000 of these.

I hate that some people are such assholes that they try to get as many codes a spossible and then sell them all when they don't even plan to use them.[/QUOTE]

I agree--whenever I've hit the jackpot on beta codes, I've always passed them out free of charge... the whole freaking point is to let as many people as possible enjoy a game, not profit from it.

Ugh, sites with codes keep going up while I am at work. I don't even know if I'll get one for being a VIP since I linked my account late.

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm downloading right now, it's at 32%.

Please Jesus tell me you can get the Thompson in the beta[/quote]

Yep its one of the guns i use the most. I hate the guns you have to press trigger for each shot. Id rather just hold the trigger down. Plus i hate the Type 99, only because that clip that sticks up. It takes some of your view away.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yep its one of the guns i use the most. I hate the guns you have to press trigger for each shot. Id rather just hold the trigger down. Plus i hate the Type 99, only because that clip that sticks up. It takes some of your view away.[/quote]

Well, you're not Jesus, but you'll do.

lol, thanks for the response. I really love the G3 in CoD4 so I'm gonna give the Garand a go (I assume it's a starter weapon), but I think the iron sights will kill it for me.

Am I the only one who thinks COD 5 is COD 4 in a WWII skin but a lot worse.
1) The graphics aren't improved and are a lot darker
2) The Bolt Action Rifles need to be one shot- one kill with Stopping Power.
3) I hate the fucking dogs. :bomb:

I probably won't be picking up the full copy.
I hope Infinity Ward does a great job with COD 6 next year. :bouncy:

Whoa, I got a code from Gamekult, too. I still didn't get mine from fucking Gamestop. I guess there was no need for me to preorder after all.

Holy fuck this game is awesome. To me, WW2 > All, and this has basically made my dreams come true.

The dogs are awesome ahaha, I just got done stabbing one in its head. I'm surprised you get the Garand at level 17, but it IS pretty powerful.

This is definitely a day one purchase for me.

EDIT: The only thing I'm not too jazzed about are the vehicles. I always liked the no vehicle aspect of CoD4.

Well I'm trying to download it but it gives me a 80153004 error. A google search says that the code is not activated, not for my region, or the server isn't working...

Anyone else get this error?

Well, as a longtime Gears player (since launch), i enjoyed COD4 a lot, especially the single player campaign. Online, i hit level 55 and felt content and didnt really feel the need to play anymore.

So, this game feels so insanely similar to COD4. Pretty much, it is COD4, but with a new coat of paint. The graphics do look nicer then COD4 for sure, especially the water and the light seeping through holes in the ceilings. When the bombs are dropping from the air, it is pure madness and really feels epic. They did a good job making things feel more severe in the form of cinematic moments (limbs being blown off, blood on the walls from you getting shot, etc).

I got to level 11 online (the max allowed) and again, i felt content for the time being. Its fun, graphics are good, but the weapons are so crappy compared to COD4 its insane. I do like the feel of the sniper in COD5 tho, its very nice. Overall i say b+ and a excellent effort. I was going to skip COD5 but now ill be picking it up.

Just got to level 11. I experienced a lot of trouble connecting to games. 4 times I got stuck at the Setting up game... screen. Other times I didn't get stuck but I could hear people saying they were stuck. Other times I would unload a full clip on an enemy and cause no damage whatsoever. There is definitely some issues with the Beta but hey, it was free. The dogs can get annoying. With the helicopter you could see where you were being shot from, the dogs you can't see coming most of the time and 2 bites and you're dead? Really?

Got to about level 6 to unlock the challenges and it's pretty much COD4 with new maps, which isn't bad at all. There are just too many dogs as I literally knifed about five or so in a row when I got ambushed by dogs. They did a good in getting a darker war-torn vibe to the game, with the barking of dogs all around you to make it hard to guess where they're coming from. The spawn issues from COD4 return, as I spawn in front of enemies a bit too often for my taste.

Yeah, I bet they could of released this as an expansion even via DLC and it would of worked. But of course, they can make more money by releasing retail versions on various platforms. World at War reminds me of like Day of Defeat, it's basically a mod.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it but I love COD4 so it's hard not to like it. I don't think I'll be getting it on day one though, probably wait for a deal on it like I did with COD4 a few months after release.

I like the dog mechanic, not only can they kill you but they can distract a whole team. Best way to kill them seems to be to knife them, I ended up killing three dogs in a row doing that.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Well I'm trying to download it but it gives me a 80153004 error. A google search says that the code is not activated, not for my region, or the server isn't working...

Anyone else get this error?[/quote]

yes ive been getting that error all fuckin day! i dont know what to do about it. i wanna play so bad

[quote name='Immortal fWd']If anyone has an extra beta key I have a Tom Clancy End War key I would trade for it.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine from Gamestop, while my download with the Gamekult code is at 97%. You have a deal, sir!

[quote name='Immortal fWd']If anyone has an extra beta key I have a Tom Clancy End War key I would trade for it.[/quote]
Damn I already gave my spare away, I would of hooked you up.

Edit: Ah, Young has your back. Aw, Lakers and Suns fans working together.

Pretty bummed I wasn't on top of this whole beta thing. I should have my code from gamestop eventually though... which means I'm going to basically be checking my email every fifteen minutes until I get it.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Well I'm trying to download it but it gives me a 80153004 error. A google search says that the code is not activated, not for my region, or the server isn't working...

Anyone else get this error?[/quote]

dude! you have to have xbox live gold membership! i was trying to use my 48 hrs pass and kept getting that. i went and bought 1 month of xbox live gold and now its downloading like the wind!

[quote name='sublime90']dude! you have to have xbox live gold membership! i was trying to use my 48 hrs pass and kept getting that. i went and bought 1 month of xbox live gold and now its downloading like the wind![/quote]

[quote name='Matt Young']Took me 48 hours to get mine.

And for the guy who asked, yes, you have to have Gold.[/quote]

fucking sucks. Oh well. Guess I'll give it to a friend or buy a month card. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']fucking sucks. Oh well. Guess I'll give it to a friend or buy a month card. Thanks for the reply.[/quote]

Can I have it? ;)

You could create another Silver account on your system, which would give you a free month of gold on that account if you just want to play the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You could create another Silver account on your system, which would give you a free month of gold on that account if you just want to play the game.[/quote]
How many times can you do that? I remember I did it three times already which I thought was the limit.

The three levels in the game still seem less than spectacular. There were some levels in COD4 that i really loved to play on. These three maps in COD5 beta are alright. I think the train and japan levels are okay. But i really dont like the night time one on the beach.

bread's done
Back