Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='shinryuu']Did you transfer your CharlieOscarDelta account?[/quote]

Yes, sir I did. I did it as soon as I signed up I believe. And just to make sure, I tried transferring it today(haven't been on the site since I registered) and it said that I had already transferred my account.

[quote name='shinryuu']Ahhh, there it is... haha. To be more specific, click "My Account", then "Account/Profile".[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Found it now.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Yes, sir I did. I did it as soon as I signed up I believe. And just to make sure, I tried transferring it today(haven't been on the site since I registered) and it said that I had already transferred my account.[/quote]
Rage.
It seems that some of us have yet to receive the keys. Me included. I already see some of my friends playing it. Come on COD HQ!

[quote name='DarkRider23']Yes, sir I did. I did it as soon as I signed up I believe. And just to make sure, I tried transferring it today(haven't been on the site since I registered) and it said that I had already transferred my account.[/quote]
Yeah, that's what I did. I don't know what else to say except wait? =/

[quote name='Littlefields']Rage.
It seems that some of us have yet to receive the keys. Me included. I already see some of my friends playing it. Come on COD HQ![/quote]

I feel ya. I haven't played an FPS in about 4-5 months. I'm itching to play a good one.

Edit - Apparently, we're not the only VIPs having trouble. A lot of people on the CoD:WW forums complaining.

I really liked COD4 multiplayer, the ranking system, how fast it was to get into a game, how it wasnt a big deal if people quit during the match. So im looking into this game. I like how you can revive teammates if they use last stand perk and you use revive perk. Also after 3rd kill streak you can use a dog strike. LOL. Plus tanks! Yeah its looking good.

PS i seen that Circuitcity.com is giving a $10 dollar gift card with pre order. But i think ill wait a bit.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I really liked COD4 multiplayer, the ranking system, how fast it was to get into a game, how it wasnt a big deal if people quit during the match. So im looking into this game. I like how you can revive teammates if they use last stand perk and you use revive perk. Also after 3rd kill streak you can use a dog strike. LOL. Plus tanks! Yeah its looking good.

PS i seen that Circuitcity.com is giving a $10 dollar gift card with pre order. But i think ill wait a bit.[/quote]
I hated the ranking system, the matching system, and the fact that there was no penalty for quitting a game. IF they fix those, i'll get COD5, if not (and i don't expect them too) i'll pass.

Wonder when they will be in stores? I preordered at the local GS...

Edit: just looked and no code from CoD.com either, my damn mailbox is empty there. I migrated my old accound over and have been a member since the CoD4 pre-beta days. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. Eagerly awaiting a code from Gamestop. Not sure how long it will take to get it, though, since I just preordered today. Hopefully this weekend.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. Eagerly awaiting a code from Gamestop. Not sure how long it will take to get it, though, since I just preordered today. Hopefully this weekend.[/quote]

Just make sure they have your email info correct in the Gamestop POS system. If you get email confirmations after your preorder stuff, you should be good to go. I bet you will get yours tomorrow, or very late tonight.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just make sure they have your email info correct in the Gamestop POS system. If you get email confirmations after your preorder stuff, you should be good to go. I bet you will get yours tomorrow, or very late tonight.[/quote]

You mean you get B&M preorder updates in your email or you referring to online preorders? I've never been asked ever for my email at Gamestop...

Read more on the site and this is some bullshit... Looks like I not getting one even though I have been registered since Charlieoscardelta.com days. Seems I didn't migrate my account over in time. I assumed my old account was cool since they even said your old stuff was transfered and the oscare site even directs you straight to the new one but I never logged in and officially migrated untill a couple weeks ago....:bomb:

Just played a little TDM and War. War is basically domination on crack. I think these games can last REALLY long with the right crowd. I just joined in the middle of one where people had 10+ kills and I ended up with ~30. I feel awfully bombarded with all these weapons and perks. The streak bonuses are kinda funny. For some reason it's funny when a guy kills a dog and says, "The pump is so nasty for klling dogs." It's like.. aww...that's messed up.. haha.

So far, the game's alright. Just a facelift on COD4 doesn't hurt. Juggernaut feels way too powerful in this game though, especially since the recoil isn't as stable is it is in COD4. The maps are kinda funky for TDM.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just make sure they have your email info correct in the Gamestop POS system. If you get email confirmations after your preorder stuff, you should be good to go. I bet you will get yours tomorrow, or very late tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I got confirmations. :)

After playing for the last hour I don't know if I'm happy or sad. World at War is just Modern Warfare with a WWII skin on top of it. I guess that's all I wanted out of it though.

Instead of a UAV you have a recon plane. I guess instead of the Helicopter you get a pack of dogs. And Airstrikes just happen a little different.

Even the Challenges and rewards are almost identical. Sure it's not a Red Dot Sight, it's a clear lens (can't remember exact name).

Gotta say though. The only thing I don't like are the dogs. You have to shoot them fast to kill em and there like a pack of them coming at you. You don't get the press B at the right moment to break their necks. I'll hit the current level cap (11) tomorrow. But now it's bedtime.

[quote name='Ziv']After playing for the last hour I don't know if I'm happy or sad. World at War is just Modern Warfare with a WWII skin on top of it. I guess that's all I wanted out of it though.

Instead of a UAV you have a recon plane. I guess instead of the Helicopter you get a pack of dogs. And Airstrikes just happen a little different.

Even the Challenges and rewards are almost identical. Sure it's not a Red Dot Sight, it's a clear lens (can't remember exact name).[/quote]

These would be my impressions as well. Haven't messed with perks yet, but many of them are the same as CoD 4. The dogs are REALLY annoying when used against you. If you don't kill all of them, they last for 60 seconds. Artillery strikes are longer though, multiple shells come down; more than the airstrikes from CoD 4.

War is the same as it was in CoD 3. REALLY glad to have Capture the Flag back. Headquarters IS NOT in the demo. Just team deathmatch, war, CTF, free-for-all, and one other mode that escapes me at the moment.

Anyone have any extra beta codes they can give me? I'd be willing to trade for one for some Coke Reward Points.

Is it too late to pre-order this online from Gamestop and get sent a code?

I don't feel like waiting for one of these random game sites to send me one, I'll be getting World at War anyway.

Figured this might help someone who ordered in store like me..

I called the online customer service number to see if they can help. They take your name the date and some other code from the preorder receipt and your email addy where you want the code sent. Set it all up and send it to the team handling the beta and said expect it in less than 24 hours.

1-800-883-8895 don't press any buttons just wait and you'll get a actual living breathing person.

Started playing CoD4 online again last night, I forgot what I had been missing. I haven't played since the new maps came out so it's been awhile. Looked and i've got a friend with nearly 32 days online playtime lol.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can you use the flame thrower in MP?[/QUOTE]Yes. You unlock it at a high level(40something?) so it might not be available in the beta, though, since they cap the levels.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can you use the flame thrower in MP?[/quote]

Yes but not in the beta. You have to be LVL 65 to have the flamethrower perk unlocked. Beta is locked after LVL 11. There are already hundreds of people there. I'm at LVL 7 or 8 and I only played like 4 hours or so.

The thing I find funny is how many people have no idea at all at how capture the flag works in a first-person shooter. You would think between CoD 2/3, Halo, Counterstrike, and others that the rules of CTF were pretty much known.

Thanks for the replies. What is the highest level you can get? COD4 was 55, but i see you have to pass 55 for the flame thrower. Also can someone post new perks, and i was wondering if you can customize your characters look (like halo 3).

Just got my beta code it took about 4 hours after calling and giving them my email address from my preorder. Downloading now! See yall online! :D

889.98mb pretty big stuff.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thanks for the replies. What is the highest level you can get? COD4 was 55, but i see you have to pass 55 for the flame thrower. Also can someone post new perks, and i was wondering if you can customize your characters look (like halo 3).[/quote]

Max level is 65 with 10 prestiges available in the full game (beta is locked to no higher than lvl 11 right now.) 5 slots to create-a-class, more open up as you prestige (max of 10.) No customization of looks. You have 4 perk slots, 3 for your person, 1 for vehicles. Grenade types are frag, tank buster, moltov cocktail, signal flare, gas, and smoke. Most of the perks are the same as CoD 4, most are locked from the beta so we don't know what the new ones do.

One neat feature is if you're in a party, you form a squad within your team and your show up to each other in blue font (map arrow and name.)

I'm not liking these maps. For War, it's perfect, any other mode; eck. Feels like too much crap is on the map or its feels too open.

Whoa i went to callofduty.com and went into my account, then account/profile and it shows that i have a xbox beta key code for COD World at War. Cant use it yet, just ordered a xbox live gold card. Damn. 5-9 days wait. :( Has anyone else checked if they had a code via the call of duty site? You think i can download it now(with silver account), and play it once my gold card comes?

^ Maybe you can get a 48 hour trial code from someone here. There used to be a request thread with lots of them to give away not sure about now. Or you could always buy a one month card for $8 I think depends on how bad you wanna try online play.

Here ya go, looks like people are still giving out codes: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183851

I just finished a two and half hour session and i'm really digging the game. Started out playing war mode and hit level 11 after about an hour and forty minutes and i'm very very rusty. Tanks are not as strong as I thought they'd be which is pretty good. Dogs are awesome and alot better than helicopters since you actually have a chance to defend yourself. Can't wait for the full thing and hopefully the demo lasts to close to release. :)

Damn when i try to download it i get a window blade saying "Cant retrieve information from xbox live. please try again later" :( This after i used a 48 trial code. Guess i need a gold account. Anyone have a 1 month gold card i can have? LOL

[quote name='$hady']Figured this might help someone who ordered in store like me..

I called the online customer service number to see if they can help. They take your name the date and some other code from the preorder receipt and your email addy where you want the code sent. Set it all up and send it to the team handling the beta and said expect it in less than 24 hours.

1-800-883-8895 don't press any buttons just wait and you'll get a actual living breathing person.

Started playing CoD4 online again last night, I forgot what I had been missing. I haven't played since the new maps came out so it's been awhile. Looked and i've got a friend with nearly 32 days online playtime lol.[/QUOTE]

I called the number earlier and it said they had too many calls. I called again and they were closed. The manager at Gamestop didn't even know how the beta codes worked. She basically said, "Give us your e-mail address and hope for the best."

Holly shit...this game is a blast. I seriously didn't think they could do any better than CoD4 and I certainly didn't think going back to the old days would work again, but God damn this game kicks ass!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shit...this game is a blast. I seriously didn't think they could do any better than CoD4 and I certainly didn't think going back to the old days would work again, but God damn this game kicks ass![/quote]
The game is certainly good.. but you sound like you're having more fun than I am. Haha. Are you sure we're playing the same beta? kidding..

[quote name='Matt Young']I called the number earlier and it said they had too many calls. I called again and they were closed. The manager at Gamestop didn't even know how the beta codes worked. She basically said, "Give us your e-mail address and hope for the best."[/quote]

Yea I'm in the same boat as you guys... when I preordered the game a few days ago it completely slipped my mind to ask about the beta, since the employee never asked for my email in the first place. Looks like I'll be placing a call around Monday I guess.

Well after 3 and a half hours of downloading the beta (dont know why it took so long) i finally got to try this out. So far its good, i am still getting used to the maps, and i havent played a first person shooter in a while. There was one game in the train level, where people were actually under the ground, and they kept shooting us while we couldnt shoot back. Hopefully that is fixed before the game comes out. Also seen some people already roof climbing in the japan level with the white trees. But overall it seems pretty fun. It will take a little more time playing this to really get a good idea.

[quote name='Rocko']I'll take my code now, Gamestop...

Maybe I'll have to call.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever get your code?
I placed my order and am still waiting also

I got my code last night from cod.com because I was in the cod4 beta as well. I'll be downloading and playing all night when I get home! :)

XBL tag is Hand2Gland if you all want to play!

[quote name='yukine']Damn so was I, but when I try to login it says invalid. And I request it to be sent to my e-mail and I never get it.[/quote]
Same thing happened to me. I made an account on collofduty.com, then it let me link my charlieoscardelta profile with the same login I used that the site initially claimed was invalid.

[quote name='moojuice']Same thing happened to me. I made an account on collofduty.com, then it let me link my charlieoscardelta profile with the same login I used that the site initially claimed was invalid.[/quote]

I'll try doing that, their sites have been very slow or down lately though so I'll have to try later.

bread's done
Back