Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

No joke about the tanks being underpowered. I hopped in one thinking I was going to dominate, but instead I was basically instantly blown up. I thought the tanks in COD3 were utter garbage because it took so much to kill them and they were so powerful. These tanks are fairly balanced since they have a long reload time and slow turret turning.

[quote name='xcoax']No joke about the tanks being underpowered. I hopped in one thinking I was going to dominate, but instead I was basically instantly blown up. I thought the tanks in COD3 were utter garbage because it took so much to kill them and they were so powerful. These tanks are fairly balanced since they have a long reload time and slow turret turning.[/quote]

Balanced? Balanced my ass. 4-5 RPGs just to blow up one tank? Sticky grenades do absolute shit towards them. In CoD3 tanks were easy as hell to kill. 2 sticky grenades or 2 rifle grenades. Or you could mantle it. These tanks take 4 RPGs(If you're lucky) or about 6 sticky grenades. They need to be toned down a bit. One RPG would literally destroy a tank in WW2 if it was hit on its tracks.

Other than the gripe I have with the tanks, everything else is alright. I hate how the sniper rifles are kind of useless on these maps. Hopefully, there are better maps in the future. Everytime I get into a good sniping spot, the enemy spawns right below or right behind me so I can't snipe them without giving away my position easily. The rifles are also just as good as the sniper rifles in terms of range.

Yeah but the thing is that it is pretty useless in terms of dishing out damage. Like I said previously, I'd like it if they made the tanks more powerful in doing damage but decreasing how much damage it can take.

I'd say 3 RPGs would be about right, 2 would make them useless to even use as one player could take it down. If you make it a bit more than 2 then it would take teamwork to disable them.

i just cant get hold of the beta anywhere my charlie oscar delta account went missing i signed up to callofduty.com and still havnt got it i pre ordered the game from gamestop and nothing soo i personally think i will be unable to get the code if anyone has a spare one they wouldnt mind giving away i would be more than greatful thanks for readin this best regards Muzza

[quote name='yukine']Yeah but the thing is that it is pretty useless in terms of dishing out damage. Like I said previously, I'd like it if they made the tanks more powerful in doing damage but decreasing how much damage it can take.

I'd say 3 RPGs would be about right, 2 would make them useless to even use as one player could take it down. If you make it a bit more than 2 then it would take teamwork to disable them.[/quote]

Doing damage with a tank is easy. 3 RPG shots with the current tank damage stats is perfect if you ask me. I've seen people get 33+ kills per match in tanks. It's not very hard to switch from the main gun to a turret when using the tank. If you know how to do it right, getting kills is easy.

People tend to take over the machine gun when I jump into the tank.

That should probably be fixed by a delay or something, that just seems lame that someone can switch back and forth like that.

If only there was a combo move you could do with the tank. For example, if you run up behind the tank and press and hold A, you will be allowed to jump on top of the tank. Then, rapidly press X to open up the lid and toss a grenade in. That'd be so badass.

[quote name='Muzza123']i just cant get hold of the beta anywhere my charlie oscar delta account went missing i signed up to callofduty.com and still havnt got it i pre ordered the game from gamestop and nothing soo i personally think i will be unable to get the code if anyone has a spare one they wouldnt mind giving away i would be more than greatful thanks for readin this best regards Muzza[/QUOTE]

I think I read in that giant block of text that you preordered it from Gamestop. If that's the case, go to http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/codwwbeta/ and enter your info and the beta code should be in your email inbox the next day.

After playing for a few matches, I'm initially disappointed. It's CoD4 in a different time period. It's been said before but it's true. We'll see if it gets better.

Probably a rental for me.

First encounter with glitchers yesterday. Roundhouse is my favorite stage but damn those glitchers! And I agree the tanks definitely need to be toned down.

I still like COD4 more than COD5

[quote name='Chronotrigga']If only there was a combo move you could do with the tank. For example, if you run up behind the tank and press and hold A, you will be allowed to jump on top of the tank. Then, rapidly press X to open up the lid and toss a grenade in. That'd be so badass.[/quote]

I have no idea why treyarch didn't put mantling tanks in this game. It was a great feature in the CoD3 multi-player. I really thought they would have kept it.

[quote name='shinryuu']Does anyone else thing that snipers feel slightly useless? [/quote]

I don't know I've been doing pretty well sniping with a few exceptions.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But at least they made it so that sniper rifles actually kill in 1 hit[/quote]

I agree this was a very welcome change. Although, I have to say they need to work on their hit detection and bullet penetration because on S&D Saturday night with the CAGs my bullets were not killing people half-behind a wood wall on Castle when hitting them in the ass/head or even through the half-wall.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm finding the level differences in this game to much more unfair than CoD4. The M16 in CoD4 can hold its own at any level, but these early guns pretty much suck.[/quote]

I think the Bar and SVT work pretty well for me from the start.

[quote name='Soodmeg']The more I play this the more I am on the fence about it. I like the game but something about doesnt excite me at all. I really hate anything other than hardcore because the gimmick of regular modes worn off with COD4 and I am not going through it again.[/quote]

I'm really starting to feel the same way, but I'm confident I'll pick the game up but probably won't play it nearly as much as I played COD4.

[quote name='xcoax']No joke about the tanks being underpowered. I hopped in one thinking I was going to dominate, but instead I was basically instantly blown up. [/quote]

Hey, the other day I got 2 dog-strikes while driving the tank around. As someone else said I'm really glad they made it easy to switch back and forth from the driver seat to the turret.

The game is to COD4 as Halo 3 Recon will be to Halo 3.

They should NOT charge $60 for this. Same with Halo 3: Recon unless it contains Halo 3 campaign as well.

[quote name='PostmanLive']The game is to COD4 as Halo 3 Recon will be to Halo 3.

They should NOT charge $60 for this. Same with Halo 3: Recon unless it contains Halo 3 campaign as well.[/quote]`

I agree. Like I said there needs to be one hell of a deal for me to pick this up. Its seems like they could have charged 20 bucks for DLC with this.

Unless the single player is EPIC and I mean EPIC (and how epic can a WWII game be?) then this clearly is just a multiplayer add on. COD4 single player was damn good in my opinion and this has to not only meet that but beat it to be considered a stand alone game.

I just get this vibe that treyarch is coasting. Its coasting off how well COD4 was and they wont change really anything at all because they are afraid to mess it up. I dont blame them but I dont see how this game is going to be successful.

lol, what makes me laugh is that if Treyarch tried to do their own multiplayer, everyone would say it sucks compared to CoD4. When they take the CoD4 multiplayer and put their own twist on it, everyone says that it should be an add-on.

This game is going to be great, I have no idea why you guys are complaining about it being $60. Very few games ARE actually worth $60 (I'd say CoD4 isn't even worth that price). Just wait for a deal and enjoy the damn game

[quote name='lolwut?']lol, what makes me laugh is that if Treyarch tried to do their own multiplayer, everyone would say it sucks compared to CoD4. When they take the CoD4 multiplayer and put their own twist on it, everyone says that it should be an add-on.

This game is going to be great, I have no idea why you guys are complaining about it being $60. Very few games ARE actually worth $60 (I'd say CoD4 isn't even worth that price). Just wait for a deal and enjoy the damn game[/quote]

No dude I think you missed Gamefaqs, go back four web pages and turn left at the corner.

Over there you can hang out with equally dumbass people in an orgy of "Hey if you dont like ___(insert game here) you A) Must suck at the game B) You are just a ___ (insert any competing game) fanboy or if all else fails going with C) Guys dont express your opinion on video games on video game forum unless of course its "I love this game and want to have its man child," then feel free. If not please stop complaing and enjoy the damn game because of course any video game that I like must be praised by all.

For the lazy here is some cliff notes:

lolwut? Shut the fuck up you idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']`
Unless the single player is EPIC and I mean EPIC (and how epic can a WWII game be?) then this clearly is just a multiplayer add on. COD4 single player was damn good in my opinion and this has to not only meet that but beat it to be considered a stand alone game.
[/QUOTE]

Well, COD2 was a WWII game and I was absolutely in awe at some of the moments they created in the single player experience. Then again, Infinity Ward made that one too...

Beta codes expiring tonight? That would be pretty lame of them to do it tonight, not to mention that seems way too short a time span for them to have a beta test.

Public Safety Notice:
To all playing Call of Duty: World at War.

Please be advised, Khondor has acquired Bouncing Betties.

That is all

I don't think it's expiring since I heard that this Friday, the levelage (sp?) is going up to 36 or some such thing!

On a side note, I ended up on a team of players who wanted to go kill everyone from the glitch ... I politely requested they not do that ... they headed to the glitch, I followed, and as they all started to try to get into it, I threw a sticky grenade and got all 4 of them! (banned from the game after that ... but oh, SO worth it!! ). :whee:

[quote name='Khondor']Public Safety Notice:

That is all[/quote]

Everyone NOT on Khondor's team will now be experiencing loss of limbs and body parts!! ;)

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Some people are saying the beta codes expire at midnight later tonight. Is there any truth to this?[/quote]
Probably not. I saw that in the Free Stuff forum and it was posted by a newbie, so he probably just said that to get someone's free code. =p

[quote name='Soodmeg']No dude I think you missed Gamefaqs, go back four web pages and turn left at the corner.

Over than you can hang out with equally dumbass people in an orgy of "Hey if you dont like ___(insert game here) you A) Must suck at the game B) You are just a ___ (insert any competing game) fanboy or if all else fails going with C) Guys dont express your opinion on video games on video game forum unless of course its "I love this game and want to have its man child," then feel free. If not please stop complaing and enjoy the damn game because of course any video game that I like must be praised by all.

For the lazy here is some cliff notes:

lolwut? Shut the fuck up you idiot.[/quote]

lololololol.

Wowza, somebody must not be having a good day today. I can respect that you don't think the game is doing anything groundbreaking (I agree), but you shouldn't get so butthurt because I didn't agree that it should be an add-on.

That is all[/QUOTE]

I need to remember not to join Khondor's matches mid game. I don't want to end up on the other team, my kill/death ratio is bad enough with any help from Khondor and his bouncing betties. :D

[quote name='cubs2321']Khondor and his bouncing betties. :D[/quote]

That just sounds nasty
picture.php

If anyone has a code for the beta let me know tonight. I have a month of gold to trade. It has to be tonight though i don't have any other time. Thanks.

[quote name='Bazz']I have a code if anyone wants trade a 1 month gold card or some points for it.[/quote]

[quote name='ElJeffA']If anyone has a code for the beta let me know tonight. I have a month of gold to trade. It has to be tonight though i don't have any other time. Thanks.[/quote]

A match made in heaven..... some people dont see their perfect match when they are right in front of their own face. LOL.

[quote name='The 7th Number']A match made in heaven..... some people dont see their perfect match when they are right in front of their own face. LOL.[/quote]

;) i already tried bazz he was out. :(

The Beta is ok, but I strongly doubt I'll buy this. I'm just sick to death of CoD, maybe I'll jump back on board with CoD6.

The WWII guns just don't do it for me, though hardcore and unlocking the second machine gun did help. I don't really like the dogs or tanks, though I do like that you get points for killing them as it was annoying to not get points for taking down choppers in CoD4.

I agree with the earlier poster that the series really needs a skill ranking ala Halo to go along with the regular rankings. Make a skill ranking based on kill/death ratio, won/loss ratio and accuracy and use that for match making. That's my main gripe with CoD4 is that I suck at these games and it was always annoying getting matched up with people much better and seldom ever having a game with a positive K/D ratio.

That is all[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, when I saw they raised the level cap to 24 I knew this game would become all the more unsafe for those going against the ragtag crew. I should be there right behind you Khondor, I think I'm around level 21 or so.

Fun night everyone. Well at least until my internet connection started screwing up.

I must say the highlight of my night

TRIPLE Bouncing Betty Kill :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: ( oh yeah \\:D/ )

Haha, I'm afraid of using those things on hardcore. I set one up much like a claymore to watch my back, and apparently they blow up in all directions, since the guy tripped the thing and took me out with it. It was pretty awesome when Biscuitkiller was climbing the ladder on Castle and some dude came up the stairs at the same time, setting off the betty and killing them both.

[quote name='Khondor']Fun night everyone. Well at least until my internet connection started screwing up.

I must say the highlight of my night

TRIPLE Bouncing Betty Kill :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: ( oh yeah \\:D/ )[/QUOTE]

That was a great turnout last night guys!! :D

Hope u got that communication problem fixed! ;).

I hope that wasn't the round u came back on the other team and killed me with one! ;). I gotta say that some people have a talent for the tank! Hitman was going at it last night and I remember Simon doing well with it b4 as well! I'm going to give it a shot next time we do roundhouse!! :D

A quick question for anybody who pre-ordered via Gamestop. With a pre-order via GS you ar supposed to get a code to unlock a special rifle for mutiplayer and your are supposed to get it via e-mail. My question is has anybody gotten their code yet?

I believe this is for the full game, not the beta. But, I might be wrong considering I didn't preorder at Gamestop.

I'm really loving the CoD:WaW Gore. It's almost like it's a hidden secret. Limbs get blown off, arms get blown off, legs get blown off, hell, the whole shabang if you throw grenades, C4, or landmines. I spent a good thirty seconds looking at one of my teammates who ended up landing on a landmine on Search & Destroy. His legs were blown off, one of his arms was missing, and his whole front chest was blown away and his ribs/heart was exposed.

I think that's one thing that Treyarch did perfect to me.

I just want to comment on the Landmines (Bouncing Betty) that they are practically a hit and miss. The radius of the Landmine varies, apparently. There are some instances where a Landmine blows up right in front of my face but does not kill me. However, there are other times when the Landmine is on the other side of the Search & Destroy target and somehow it is triggered and kills me -- even when it is completely on the other side. But oh well, it's the beta.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I believe this is for the full game, not the beta. But, I might be wrong considering I didn't preorder at Gamestop.

I'm really loving the CoD:WaW Gore. It's almost like it's a hidden secret. Limbs get blown off, arms get blown off, legs get blown off, hell, the whole shabang if you throw grenades, C4, or landmines. I spent a good thirty seconds looking at one of my teammates who ended up landing on a landmine on Search & Destroy. His legs were blown off, one of his arms was missing, and his whole front chest was blown away and his ribs/heart was exposed.

I think that's one thing that Treyarch did perfect to me.[/quote]

Or if you hold onto a grenade too long, your arm will get blown off. :lol:

If only they had some hardcore "auughh" sound effects -- but they'd get annoying after awhile.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Beta is ok, but I strongly doubt I'll buy this. I'm just sick to death of CoD, maybe I'll jump back on board with CoD6.

The WWII guns just don't do it for me, though hardcore and unlocking the second machine gun did help. I don't really like the dogs or tanks, though I do like that you get points for killing them as it was annoying to not get points for taking down choppers in CoD4.

I agree with the earlier poster that the series really needs a skill ranking ala Halo to go along with the regular rankings. Make a skill ranking based on kill/death ratio, won/loss ratio and accuracy and use that for match making. That's my main gripe with CoD4 is that I suck at these games and it was always annoying getting matched up with people much better and seldom ever having a game with a positive K/D ratio.[/quote]

I'm thinking about pre-ordering it actually, it all depends. The beta is growing on me. I think one of the main buying points in CoD5 will really be co-op -- considering most just say CoD5 is practically CoD4 with just a world war skin. The members at Treyarch have boasted that it contains online co-op, offline, and probably even split-screen stuff. Who knows. I might jump on board with the game if co-op is full of gameplay. With some solid "not bad" online, probably a "not bad" campaign, and a "not bad" co-op, I wouldn't see the hurt in buying this for $40-45.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I just want to comment on the Landmines (Bouncing Betty) that they are practically a hit and miss. The radius of the Landmine varies, apparently. There are some instances where a Landmine blows up right in front of my face but does not kill me. However, there are other times when the Landmine is on the other side of the Search & Destroy target and somehow it is triggered and kills me -- even when it is completely on the other side. But oh well, it's the beta.[/quote]

It could be somewhat sloppy programming, but its been fixed. In Americas Army for PC, when grenades exploded, something in the coding made it so that directly above the grenade, not as much damage took place. Once people figured that out, people just ran towards a grenade (when they knew the wouldn't be able to outrun the explosions) and laid down on top of it, because sometimes you would get lucky and actually survive the blast.

And unrelated to the current direction, but it's something I haven't seen in any other game. Like most games, if an object is in front of a nade, it takes the blast and shield people behind it. Once the problem got fixed, people still laid down on nades if it landed in a group of people, because their body would reduce the blast enough so that nearby teammates wouldn't get hurt nearly as bad. It was a great sign of camaraderie *tear*. In every other game, people just run like hell.

Ok, so I've seen it posted a couple times, but if you preordered from GS, what is the website you go to in order to enter your reciept info. if they still haven't sent you the Beta? (tried finding it, but can't find it in this many pages of posts...). :bouncy:

bread's done
Back