Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

I have bad news for the ragtag bunch: I hve decided that, like cod4, I will NOT play hardcore in this game. Team deathmatch is all I need for a fun experience!
Does anyone agree, or am I going to be playing alone? :(

[quote name='blitz6speed']Will they be resetting the stats? It would be a shame to lose all the exp points i earned till now.[/quote]
Yes, they will reset the stats.

And if you are upset by that, you are a greedy jerk.

[quote name='Simon D I']I have bad news for the ragtag bunch: I hve decided that, like cod4, I will NOT play hardcore in this game. Team deathmatch is all I need for a fun experience!
Does anyone agree, or am I going to be playing alone? :([/quote]

LOL Simon! Of course we'll be playing regular! There are quite a few who don't like Hardcore (and several more that don't like S&D)! You're regular team death matches are safe! :D Plus, how could we all miss an opportunity to play with you (and flesh)? :grouphug:

And like Darktower said, there are several things to choose from! I think the capture the flag can be pretty fun! (and it's not hardcore either). My feeling is that, particularly in the beginning, we're going to have a lot of large group matches ... so giant team deathmatch it will be :bouncy: !!

(besides, I have a feeling that if we played hardcore, people would keep getting banned from the game for team killing ... ahem ahem ~clears throat~)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Simon D I']I have bad news for the ragtag bunch: I hve decided that, like cod4, I will NOT play hardcore in this game. Team deathmatch is all I need for a fun experience!
Does anyone agree, or am I going to be playing alone? :([/quote]

Since Simon is making his decree, I am going to say that,

"I have decided, like COD4, I will NOT play Search & Destroy in this game. Pretty much all other game modes are all I need for a fun experience!"

On that note, like I mentioned before, I think the non-hardcore modes in W@W yield a better experience with a better bullet/death ratio over COD4 from my experience.

I prefer hardcore team deathmatch over regular TDM. But damn last night was shit. They kept spawning me near an enemy tank, enemy soilder, right near a dog. I hate when i spawn and then die 1 second later. Dogs in hardcore are nuts, 1 bite and you are dead. Then my internet was acting up, because i would shoot a guy right in his stomach in Hardcore TDM and he wouldnt die. It was BS.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I prefer hardcore team deathmatch over regular TDM. But damn last night was shit. They kept spawning me near an enemy tank, enemy soilder, right near a dog. I hate when i spawn and then die 1 second later. Dogs in hardcore are nuts, 1 bite and you are dead. Then my internet was acting up, because i would shoot a guy right in his stomach in Hardcore TDM and he wouldnt die. It was BS.[/quote]

LOL! Yeah, the spawn system is definitely problematic :bomb:! I got spawned right in an air artillery the other day! (spawned and died). And I've had MANY instances of getting spawn killed and there was one time it spawned three people in a row on the other team right in front of me! (easiest recon I ever got... :cry:).

Yeah spawning is definitely... interesting. The other day I was hiding up in the bushes on Makin and the other team all randomly spawned within 15 feet of me. Luckily I had a silencer or whatever they're called on my M1 and I managed to pick off five of them without them ever even getting a chance to figure out where I was coming from.

Oh and I agree that hardcore in WaW isn't near as much fun as COD4. The dogs are what kills it for me, as you'll seemingly just randomly fall down dead. I never liked S&D. I get too agressive and rush into a hail of gunfire every time. I'm pretty sure I always die every single round whenever we play S&D.

Seven kill streak think I wanna call the cho...err...dogs.

I'm on this finally after a summer/fall hiatus, so hit me up with invites.

Yeah, I think that before/after the update, I have been spawn killed (and have done spawn killing) about equally... I don't think there's any difference ... although prior to the update, I didn't get spawned in an air artillery ... ;)

LOL! You're hilarious there Flesh:booty:. ;) You just wait 'til you see my mad skills ... now if there was only a way to start the game with my MG42 or MP40 ... alas, you may have to wait a few days after the release to see my mad skills! :D

Just out of curiosity, I discovered where to change the look sensitivity like two or three days ago. Mine was set at 2 (medium?). What does everyone keep theirs at?

EDIT: And what are you trying to say about vegetarians?! :cool: ;)

I keep mine at default. Too high and you can't control your shots -- if you do reflex shots, you'll often find yourself still aiming while your shooting. Too slow, and you can't turn around or aim fast enough. These two problems are mainly due to the 360 joystick being wonky. If playing this on the PC, that'd be a different story, as accuracy is much more efficient, and I'd bump the sensitivity up a notch or two.

If anything, if you're playing it on the 360, one notch above default should be sufficient, at least I think, but really, the sensitivity is fine at default.

The only thing I really changed on the settings was the brightness. I toned up the brightness, until the "NOT VISIBLE" box could be seen a little. It doesn't really make much of a difference in terms of visuals, but just a few notches and you can actually see your surroundings on the Makin map. For the other maps on Castle/Roundhouse, I couldn't see much of a difference in brightness when I toned it up, not sure why, but it's working for me.

What do you guys think of this game? At first, I felt like I was using the G3 form cod4 with iron sites and didnt really care for it, but once you start getting better upgrades it seems to become a lot more fun! I think this is a buy for me.

Also, any deals anywhere for this?

Edit: When I click on search, nothing happens so I can not search for deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
someone talk about call of duty with me. What do you guys think? I have played a few hours and it is growing on me. I am bored off my ass at work and this is the only site that passed through the "games" filter of our stupid internet server.

I had a good time playing with fellow CAGs last night. I'm still not going to get it around launch as I just don't have time for it as Gears 2 and Oblivion will consume the little gaming time I have the next couple of months.

But I'll probably through it on my Goozex list and grab it whenever I get matched up on there. I'm digging the third machine gun, the one below the BAR. I think it's the MP-28 IIRC. Just wish you could get the aperture sight for it. It was nice being able to put a red dot on any gun in COD4.

Can you not put a dot sight on every gun? I have yet to unlock half of the stuff. I think i like the machine gun you are talking about. Does it have a round clip? Pretty bad ass.

[quote name='crave132']Can you not put a dot sight on every gun? I have yet to unlock half of the stuff. I think i like the machine gun you are talking about. Does it have a round clip? Pretty bad ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not every gun can get the site. For this one (it's DP-28 rather than MP, just looked it up), the only thing you get's a bipod that I think you can snap on to windows etc. with. And, yep, it's the one with the round clip.

It has a decent rate of fire and has good range.

What about the rifles? Are any of them similar to the M4? Every one I have gotten so far is the same as G3 or M14, single shots only. These guns are fun to use, so far, the top three feel about the same.

bolt action rifles are useless unless its in hardcore. Then its usually 1 shot kill. I do like using them lately. I mainly use the guns i need to complete challenges with.

I was put off by the demo at first, but giving it another chance I'm really enjoying it. Hardcore TDM is pretty fun. More importantly its nice when you get the long distance 1 shot = 1 kill with just a regular rifle. I just wish more people would freakin heal!!

Is the bolt action rifle even worth using without the scope? I thought they were pretty much just snipers so I always used the scope. And I got A LOT of one shot kills with it (and stopping power) I might have to try it without the scope, although it seems kinda pointless.

[quote name='crave132']Is the bolt action rifle even worth using without the scope? I thought they were pretty much just snipers so I always used the scope. And I got A LOT of one shot kills with it (and stopping power) I might have to try it without the scope, although it seems kinda pointless.[/quote]

No the bolt actions are worthless without the scope. On all the guns except the Springfield though you have to get 25 kills to unlock the scope. The Nagant is great when you finally get the scope for it. As others have said, the semi-auto and bolt-action rifles are worthless except for hardcore modes. In the regular modes you have to use the submachine or full machine guns.

In response to homeland, just about every member of the CAG CoD 4 clan has Second Chance on.

Today i was playing and the names of my teammates have been poping up slow, or after i accidentally kill them. They usually show right away, but today it seems slower to pop up than usual. I actually got kicked out for killing my own teammates one game, when all of them were by accident, or from my grenade that i drop when i die.

twen-1337waw.jpg

I would agree with the unscoped bolt action being pretty rough in non-hardcore modes, but the semi-auto rifles are what I use most of the time hardcore or not. I've finally gotten the hang of the M1, and the other two I've been doing great with since the start. I'll occasionally dabble in the MP40, but I haven't gotten the STG44 yet...

I don't know why, But I can't play this anymore. It was nice when there weren't little kids on the mic being douche bags. Maybe when the game comes out I'll pick it up again.

[quote name='zewone']Name and date?

... :|[/QUOTE]

???

I took this pic last night, I simply put the release date of the game.

Uhh did you anyone order the CE from Gamestop? My preorder seems to have been downgraded to the regular edition. And I can't find the CE on their site for 360...weird.

Pick this one up at circuit city and get a 10 dollar gift card! Can't beat that! Anyways, when you guys see gamertag crave132, you should run for cover! haha I am new here, and see a bunch of you guys play a lot, but is anyone on CAG any good? I was disgusting at halo3, then cod4. My WaW game is a little off, but I'm sure I'll get better!

[quote name='crave132']Pick this one up at circuit city and get a 10 dollar gift card! Can't beat that! Anyways, when you guys see gamertag crave132, you should run for cover! haha I am new here, and see a bunch of you guys play a lot, but is anyone on CAG any good? I was disgusting at halo3, then cod4. My WaW game is a little off, but I'm sure I'll get better![/quote]

Im not really that good. I usually pull even with about 6-10 kills with the same number of deaths or a little lower. Sometimes i can go 14-0 or i went 17-1 once but thats cos i just camped with a sniper. 24 is the most kills ive gotten. Though im not bad enough to go 2 kills 20+ deaths. LOL.

I don't find this game as good as COD4... The maps in this game are WAY better than COD4... but not having "modern warfare" just brings it down a level for me, and the dogs are so fucking annoying.

Since I'm about to pick up like 4 other games I will probably pass on this.

[quote name='crave132']Pick this one up at circuit city and get a 10 dollar gift card! Can't beat that! [/QUOTE]

I'd sooner pay $10 extra to not have to go into a Circuit City.

[quote name='typeRJ']Uhh did you anyone order the CE from Gamestop? My preorder seems to have been downgraded to the regular edition. And I can't find the CE on their site for 360...weird.[/quote]

Yeah I tried to upgrade my preorder on Wednesday and told most likely I couldn't, but they would know for sure on Monday night. Seems like this collector's edition is actually going to sell, unlike last year's.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is same-day shipping CoD: WAW and will be in-stores on the 10th.[/quote]

On Monday the 10th or Tuesday the 11th? If the GC here gets an extra collector's edition, I may be getting it there then.

Just got done playing a few of the missions in campaign mode. (Leaked anyone?) It's freaking awesome. Everything you'd expect from COD5. I might actually have to buy this game.

Also, they now have an Xbox Live Co-op campaign mode. (Or did they have this in COD4?)

[quote name='DestroVega']Since I'm about to pick up like 4 other games I will probably pass on this.[/quote]
l8r

[quote name='xcoax']I'd sooner pay $10 extra to not have to go into a Circuit City.[/quote]
I 2nd that

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is same-day shipping CoD: WAW and will be in-stores on the 10th.[/quote]
If this is true then that is just wonderful since I decided to pre-order my CE at my local GC.

[quote name='woodcan'] If this is true then that is just wonderful since I decided to pre-order my CE at my local GC.[/quote]

Yeah but then you don't get the M1A1 unlocked from the beginning like you do at Gamestop. Although if my GC gets collector's editions in, I may buy the CE there and the regular edition Gamestop, then just take the sealed regular edition copy back to Gamestop.

I'm getting excited for this now. Treyarch and WWII turned me off a bit, but I loved the beta and early reviews are really high. PSW gave the PS3 version 10/10 and while I have a PS3, I much prefer to game on the 360.

I'm definitely going to be picking this up this week.

[quote name='crave132']Pick this one up at circuit city and get a 10 dollar gift card! Can't beat that! Anyways, when you guys see gamertag crave132, you should run for cover! haha I am new here, and see a bunch of you guys play a lot, but is anyone on CAG any good? I was disgusting at halo3, then cod4. My WaW game is a little off, but I'm sure I'll get better![/quote]

Get it at TRU and get a $15 gift card.

bread's done
Back