Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

After playing Horde on gears 2 and knowing about the zombie gametype in World at War, I'm strongly considering exchanging out this one for Left 4 Dead in my planned purchases, as they make decent subsitutes.

WHOA, this sucks....... "Ashley" from Gamestop just called...... CoD5 will be available to pickup tomorrow at 5PM...... This blows I work 2nd shift and don't get off till 11...... If I have to wait till tuesday morning i'm going to be PISSED. About to call now...

also for the M1A1 gun code you have to either have your email on file or go to gamestop.com/gun and enter your phone number used on your preorder and enter your email.

EDIT: yup just called no midnight release the guy had no idea about picking the games up tomorrow evening like the corporate call said. Oh well I guess i'll just pick it up at Walmart at midnight if they have a CE and then return my already paid off Gamestop copy back to them for my cash back tuesday morning. Kinda a hassle but oh well i'm a night owl. :)

EDIT 2: Called a couple more stores and no local Gamestop is having a midnight release. Good thing all the retards will be playing Gears while the big boys play CoD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chronotrigga']I'm contemplating whether this is worth the collector's edition.[/quote]

If you play it a lot online then it is worth it as some guns/perks are unlocked day 1 and you will get a double xp weekend at some point soon.

Come hell or high water I will get a CE tomorrow night at either Gamestop or Game Crazy.

Damn it I live so far away from any real stores. I might have to actually buy this full price which really pisses of the cheap ass in me.

So does that mean if you pre ordered it you can get the game tomorrow instead of on tuesday?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but then you don't get the M1A1 unlocked from the beginning like you do at Gamestop. Although if my GC gets collector's editions in, I may buy the CE there and the regular edition Gamestop, then just take the sealed regular edition copy back to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is giving out pre-order codes to get weapons that you'd normally get later in the game right at the beginning in hopes that you'll get tired of the game quicker and trade it in. True story. That's why they were advertising an "unlock all songs" code for Guitar Hero World Tour.

And yes, GameCrazy is getting them in tomorrow. My store will personally have them before we open tomorrow morning. Give your local GC a call around noon tomorrow. I'm pretty sure every district is doing a same day move, not 100% sure, but for any of my TN/NC CAG'ers, expect it tomorrow.

um... apparently I got an activation code for the M1A1 in-game:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering Call of Duty: World at War for Xbox 360 from GameStop. Here are the instructions to unlock your special M1A1 weapon for use in multiplayer games 64 levels early.
1. Make note of your XBOX Live Marketplace Token provided below.
2. Log into XBOX Live with your gamer profile.
3. Access XBOX Live Marketplace through the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
4. Click 'Redeem Code'.
5. Enter your Xbox Live Marketplace Token when prompted.
Your XBOX Live Marketplace Token: ****************************
Should you experience any problems when activating your code, please contact Activision directly for assistance at (310) 255-2050 or online at activision.com/support.
Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']um... apparently I got an activation code for the M1A1 in-game:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering Call of Duty: World at War for Xbox 360 from GameStop. Here are the instructions to unlock your special M1A1 weapon for use in multiplayer games 64 levels early.
1. Make note of your XBOX Live Marketplace Token provided below.
2. Log into XBOX Live with your gamer profile.
3. Access XBOX Live Marketplace through the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
4. Click 'Redeem Code'.
5. Enter your Xbox Live Marketplace Token when prompted.
Your XBOX Live Marketplace Token: ****************************
Should you experience any problems when activating your code, please contact Activision directly for assistance at (310) 255-2050 or online at activision.com/support.
Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got that, too.

With the extras and the double XP, I think I will buy the LE if I can find one at a local store. I only put $5 down at GS on the standard edition and already got the beta code, obviously, and now the M1A1 code. The week of double XP is the main selling point for me.

EDIT: WTF... Best Buy is charging $79.99 for it.

Yea $79.99 is the MSRP amazon has it for $70 though as does Walmart.com. I'd check Walmart locally and see if the price is the same. You can always buy in store and return the Amazon copy later if you are a real cheapass lol.

I have an extra M1A1 carbine assualt code if anyone didn't order at GS. I'll trade for some XBL points or a month code or some game or something that everyone seems to be getting for nothing from various promotions and sites. :)

my.php

The demo is already out, that's why there are no more keys to the beta. The real deal hit/miss is the "one week of Double EXP". I'm wondering how that will go down. Would you have to register your game, would you get it in your e-mail, or what?

Hopefully I can take advantage and sell it and buffer the $70 or whatever it is to purchase, because I really could care less about the tin canteen.

I'm confused about this code. The M1A1 was pretty much THE US rifle of WW2. How can they not include it from the start?

You unlock it at level 65 regularly. With the Gamestop DLC thing it places it into your premade Rifleman class from the start, although you can't make a custom class with it until you hit 65.

[quote name='Scorch']Gamestop is giving out pre-order codes to get weapons that you'd normally get later in the game right at the beginning in hopes that you'll get tired of the game quicker and trade it in. True story. That's why they were advertising an "unlock all songs" code for Guitar Hero World Tour.[/quote]

The M1A1 is the code I mentioned that Gamestop is giving out, and is the only unlock exclusive to them. The other weapons/perks unlocked are for buying the collector's edition. I imagine they're 5 by 5 codes just like what the Gold Lancer/Hammerburst were as that is what the code is for the M1A1.

Whomever of the 2 stores can get me a collector's edition since I changed my mind late will get my money.

[quote name='woodcan']I'll take an extra M1A1 code from whoever doesn't want theirs or has an extra ;)[/quote]

Same here, i pre ordered from CC.com for the 10 dollar gift card.

I hate the damn dogs. They're easier to handle than the chopper but I'm seriously afraid of dogs now. Nothing worse than hearing the barking from around the corner.

[quote name='crave132']ONE MORE DAY!!!! See ya life...Gotta stock up on some greenery haha[/quote]

one more day? call your local GameCrazy, it's in stock now.

Gamestop's should have it in the next four or five hours.. closer to 6pm

Yep. I'll be heading over to my local gamestop in around two hours now to get my copy. I preordered the collector's but if it's $80 instead of $70 I'm going to have to seriously reconsider. I've already got the M1A1 and I don't really need the other machine gun...

[quote name='Scorch']one more day? call your local GameCrazy, it's in stock now.

Gamestop's should have it in the next four or five hours.. closer to 6pm[/quote]

No GameCrazy's around where I live. I will be picking it up from wal-mart though at midnight tonight! Along with some visine :whistle2:$

[quote name='glockant']my Gamestop won't have it until Wednesday. WTF man![/quote]

Clueless employees make the world go 'round. Call back later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning and it'll be there.

[quote name='crave132']Is there a [CAG] clan for this game?[/quote]

A Silver account will be created by me late tonight or early tomorrow. I will post when done. I have to record my video game podcast tonight so I will be delayed for a bit.

[quote name='Scorch']one more day? call your local GameCrazy, it's in stock now.

Gamestop's should have it in the next four or five hours.. closer to 6pm[/quote]
My local Gamecrazy claims they haven't gotten it and told me in not so many words to stop calling (I called once!) and they would call me when they get it in.

[quote name='Scorch']It's supposed to be $70[/quote]
I hope this is true because my local GameCrazy has told me 2 different things. When I first pre-ordered I was told it was $80, on a subsequent visit when trading in more games I was told it was only $70, and then on my last visit on Thursday I was told it was $80 again.

What really pissed me off was I went in for the GoW2 sale event b/c I got an e-mail that said I could get any 1 used game for 25% off during the event (8pm-1am) but when I got there was told I had to also buy GoW2 from them to get the discount on the used game (Fallout3). I didn't have the e-mail printed out so I had no leg to stand on and they were adamant but when I got home this restriction was nowhere in the e-mail. I wasn't going to drive all the way back home and back just for that. Lesson learned..print out the e-mail.

I preordered my copy at GameStop. :whistle2:( Otherwise, I would head over to GameCrazy and demand (!!11) a copy.

(Can one cancel preorders?)

The gun isn't that big of a deal. It would be if it actually unlocked it, but it's just a default class you can't customize.

Picked up the limited edition just now at Gamestop. For those on the fence my initial reaction is this is way overpriced at $80. The bonuses are mostly intangibles... FG 42 early, Colored Clan tag, Double XP week eventually.

The tin itself is massive, like four game cases thick but at least the artwork on it is pretty cool with the flamethrower arching over the entire box. The canteen is small. It also feels and looks cheap. That, and I couldn't get the top off and nearly tore some skin off of my hand trying to.

Overall, unless you really want those multiplayer bonuses, I'd say it isn't worth the extra $20.

How are the multiplayer maps for any that got it early .... Stopped by the GS I preordered from and they gave me the "we wont have it until tomorrow after 1130am" spiel! Argh!! :(

[quote name='xcoax']
Overall, unless you really want those multiplayer bonuses, I'd say it isn't worth the extra $20.[/quote]

Who wants the multiplayer bonuses? I want the freaking Canteen.

I just bought this game and brought it home. I was surprised gamestop was selling it....useally they are dicks about street dates.

damn...neither gamestop or gamecrazy in my area got it today

got two extra M1A1 codes:
H79TJ-PCWHY-BWMGB-RTY6K-76DD3
H6Y2P-BRHRH-MR74W-29YPT-YQPQT

I have been playing for the last hour or so. Not to bad I guess. I put it on vet right away so I am busy getting my ass handed to me all day long.

Can someone pm me a M1A1 code because I dont have time to put it in now? Thanks in advance.

By the way havent played MP yet.

bread's done
Back