Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well you will want to get it before next Sunday at Best Buy as it's $35 through Saturday there.[/quote]

Thanks for the info :)

Unfortunately i live in England though, so no Best Buy for me :)

Some glitches are now fixed, according to Treyarch.

Hi all,

Just a heads-up, we released a hotfix today that fixes some glitches in the game.

The well-known Castle glitch has now been fixed, along with a couple on Hangar, Asylum, and several Zombie glitches.

More fixes are to come - I just wanted to give you all a heads-up that some of the most urgent ones have now been addressed.

Regards,
-JD

This explains the update I downloaded days ago.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I believe I'm getting this game for Christmas. I've only played Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 3. Have the games stepped up since then? I remember those two games basically being the same thing storyline wise. I never had a chance to go online with the two games though.[/quote]

Ya, this game is much better than 2 or 3, the online is awesome. But if you see 4 for cheap somewhere I would pick it up. There is a decent chance you will like it better than WaW

Whats a good load-out on perks and weapons for an average player? I am at level 36 right now and I like using the MP40 with the sight as my primary weapon, any input would be great.

[quote name='ajh2298']Whats a good load-out on perks and weapons for an average player? I am at level 36 right now and I like using the MP40 with the sight as my primary weapon, any input would be great.[/quote]

Pretty much just get the STG44 and use that. Really depends on what kind of games you like to play. Personally, I do all Hardcore, usually a lot of search and destroy. I run with the M1 and the noob tube and when I get overkill, its the M1 with tube and STG44 with telescopic sight.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em (in regards to tubing.)

A question, to anyone who can answer it.

I rented this from Gamefly awhile ago, and fully beat it (I did half the missions on Vet., because I just couldn't pass the bunker level; and had to return it the next day, so I just switch to Normal after that level) - but otherwise, I already beat the single-player campaign.

I don't have many friends (maybe one or two) that actually have the game, and I usually only play multiplayer with my friends, are rarely ever alone.

Which boils down to my question, should I bother picking this up at BB? I'll have some spare money this week, but I'm just not sure if there will be much of a point, in-terms of replayability (since I already beat the campaign, and only play multi. with friends, and not many friends have it).

I loved the game when I played it, but I'm just not sure if there would really be enough replay value to warrant a $37 purchase (tax included).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']A question, to anyone who can answer it.

I rented this from Gamefly awhile ago, and fully beat it (I did half the missions on Vet., because I just couldn't pass the bunker level; and had to return it the next day, so I just switch to Normal after that level) - but otherwise, I already beat the single-player campaign.

I don't have many friends (maybe one or two) that actually have the game, and I usually only play multiplayer with my friends, are rarely ever alone.

Which boils down to my question, should I bother picking this up at BB? I'll have some spare money this week, but I'm just not sure if there will be much of a point, in-terms of replayability (since I already beat the campaign, and only play multi. with friends, and not many friends have it).

I loved the game when I played it, but I'm just not sure if there would really be enough replay value to warrant a $37 purchase (tax included).[/quote]

If you don't have anyone to play with and you aren't going to play it multiplayer otherwise, why do you even ask really? Spend the $35 on something you actually want.

[quote name='mike.m']If you don't have anyone to play with and you aren't going to play it multiplayer otherwise, why do you even ask really? Spend the $35 on something you actually want.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm mainly asking if like CoD4, the single-player campaign has much replay value - or if Zombie Mode has alot of replay value; those types of things.

I really didn't get to play much of the Zombie Mode, before I had to send it back, so I have no idea - hence why I'm asking about it.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well, I'm mainly asking if like CoD4, the single-player campaign has much replay value - or if Zombie Mode has alot of replay value; those types of things.

I really didn't get to play much of the Zombie Mode, before I had to send it back, so I have no idea - hence why I'm asking about it.[/quote]

Outside of online multiplayer, there is little replay value to World at War---and this comes from someone who plays it daily, played Nazi Zombies, and beat the story campaign.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well, I'm mainly asking if like CoD4, the single-player campaign has much replay value - or if Zombie Mode has alot of replay value; those types of things.

I really didn't get to play much of the Zombie Mode, before I had to send it back, so I have no idea - hence why I'm asking about it.[/quote]

I'd never go back and play it after getting 1000/1000. But that's just me.

i'm still debating to get this for $35...if fallout 3, left 4 dead, etc were that price i'd take it. but i'm just not into wwII shooters and prefer the updated gameplay of cod 4

This game has some of the most BS sections I've ever played. Grenades flying from every direction, enemies popping out of monster closets, magnetic bullets that are attracted only to you, AI that seeks you out as your teammates watch...epic bullshit. Then again, I suppose that's Call of Duty's formula. I don't remember it being this frustrating in COD4 though. It's the clueless friendly AI that drives me nuts most of all. They'll shoot at emplacements I've already cleared and watch as a soldier rushes at me.

That said, it has some incredibly satisfying moments. They just tend to get overshadowed when I have to play one section over 30 times, dying over and over, respawning in a virtual death trench with Japanese shooting down on me.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This game has some of the most BS sections I've ever played. Grenades flying from every direction, enemies popping out of monster closets, magnetic bullets that are attracted only to you, AI that seeks you out as your teammates watch...epic bullshit. Then again, I suppose that's Call of Duty's formula. I don't remember it being this frustrating in COD4 though. It's the clueless friendly AI that drives me nuts most of all. They'll shoot at emplacements I've already cleared and watch as a soldier rushes at me.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Veteran in this game is a total nightmare. I've only finished up to "Burn 'Em Out" and I'm absolutely fearing the later levels.

I got it on release, completed it in no time. Very short single player campaign and the mutliplayer just doesn't grip me like the others. I've been a fan of the series for years now but theres just something about it. I think I know the problem

I really liked Call of Duty 3 because Treyarch tried something completed different to Call of Duty 2 which I welcomed with open arms, and it made for a fantastic game.

When with the release of Modern Warfare I expected the same thing to happen again (with the switching developers each game) but Treyarch didn't add anything to the series. It was bascially a Call of Duty 4 clone with a different setting, weapons etc. Which for me is both great and disappointing at the same time.

I still recommend getting it though.

[quote name='Chase']There is split-screen campaign co-op, though, if that matters.[/quote]

I don't know...$35 for campaign alone doesn't seem too hot. I'll think about it. Thanks!

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']I did get it for Christmas :)

I have just joined the group![/quote]

Send an XBox friend request as well to CAG CoD WatW

Hm.

I got this game from Best Buy. Just waiting for my 360 to be returned, now. I figure at $35 the game deserves a shot, but considering it's CoD4 with a WW2 skin I'm kind of worried that I'll just default back to CoD4.

I got this for Christmas and am pretty pleased. It may be COD4 re-skinned, but if you played alot of COD4, the change in scenery is welcome(MP-wise).

Hey CAGs, I just picked this up at Best buy, hopefully I'll be able to get in on the multiplayer action with all of you. I've played CoD4 and Team Fortress 2 with a lot of you (Chase, Shanlynn, Khondor, joe, and a few others) and it was a pretty awesome time. I'm on a lot of your friends lists so if you see me on send me an invite!

-MrBryson.

Got this as an xmas gift. Campaign was pretty fun, certainly more memorable than CoD 3, and probably most of CoD 2.

I'm enjoying mutliplayer so far (barely touched coop and zombie mode), though I wish there were more CQB-friendly maps (castle is the closest one).

[quote name='eswat']

I'm enjoying mutliplayer so far (barely touched coop and zombie mode), though I wish there were more CQB-friendly maps (castle is the closest one).[/quote]

You must not have played Dome yet?

[quote name='mrmafia33']Question: is the multiplayer and gameplay in this identical to cod 4?[/quote]

It is very similar as its the same engine, but there are tanks on some maps, and the WWII era weapons are a bit different. I tend to do better with the sniper rifles on this than in COD4. The maps as a whole are much larger than CoD 4.

Parts of it feel the same, but overall, I would say it is significantly different enough to warrant a purchase if you enjoyed COD4. I thought I was doing worse with snipers than I did in 4 Hitman, until recently that is. Going like 46-7 last night in that one War match on Airfield sealed it for me.

And yeah, if you want close quarters fighting play Dome and Asylum. Looking at the stats on COD.com around 75% of all kills on Asylum occur in one hallway.

I bought this yesterday, planning on opening this tonight :D. I hope the multiplayer is awesome, the last COD I played was 3, and I was ADDICTED to that games multiplayer (I was like, in the top 5 of best medics in the game /flaunt) so i'm excited to "jump in"! :D

[quote name='MSUHitman']Or preferably send a friend request to CAG CoD WatW.[/quote]I keep forgetting to do this . . . I didn't want to waste a spot before since I knew I wasn't going to play much, but after playing the first level, I've been busy with other stuff like GoW2 campaign and horde and the holidays, but considering I'm still not pleased with Gears' matchmaking for mp I've gotta get back into this. I'll be playing earlier now as my shift is switching from getting out at midnight to a regular day job. How crowded does it get at the more normal hours of say 8 to midnight?

Welcome to the fold, new World at War players. :wave:

Be sure to add MSU's "CAG CoD WatW" gamertag. I think just about all of us added it to our friend list. It's one way to get into friendly, fun CAG games. :mrgreen:

I hope to see you all on the battlefield. ;)

[quote name='Chase']Welcome to the fold, new World at War players. :wave:

Be sure to add MSU's "CAG CoD WatW" gamertag. I think just about all of us added it to our friend list. It's one way to get into friendly, fun CAG games. :mrgreen:

I hope to see you all on the battlefield. ;)[/quote]

I saw your stats. You sure love this game huh? :)

I''ve only completed the first chapter or two in the single player but it is very intense and gritty. I like good single player FPS experiences and I think I am going to like this one.

I just got it this weekend and despite my initial reserve about the return to WWII, I have been very pleased with the game so far. The only thing I haven't like so far was the cumbersome way to access webstats with the VIP code. However, the online stats are a welcome addition and one of the only things I really missed in CoD4. I wish the artillery strikes got started a wee bit faster too. The tank is awesome and so are the attack dogs. It's more of the same with the CoD4 engine pushing this game, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm only going to be a work for a little bit today so I will be on later if you want to get some games going.

Well, to all of my COD4 friends, I soon will be playing this online with yous. Thanks to Amazon's DOTD. Look for me soon.

I just added CAG CoD WatW also.

I'm just trying to grind the single player so I can unlock zombie nazis, I'm currently at the "Ring of Steel" mission and enjoy playing as the Russians, Reznov is pretty badass.

There needs to be some kind of feedback system set up by game producers to deal with cheaters. Sure, I'm sure it'd be abused like anything else, but its pretty ridiculous than people can glitch on a map and go 43-0 and then have the nerve to talk shit after winning.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I saw your stats. You sure love this game huh? :)

I''ve only completed the first chapter or two in the single player but it is very intense and gritty. I like good single player FPS experiences and I think I am going to like this one.

I just got it this weekend and despite my initial reserve about the return to WWII, I have been very pleased with the game so far. The only thing I haven't like so far was the cumbersome way to access webstats with the VIP code. However, the online stats are a welcome addition and one of the only things I really missed in CoD4. I wish the artillery strikes got started a wee bit faster too. The tank is awesome and so are the attack dogs. It's more of the same with the CoD4 engine pushing this game, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm only going to be a work for a little bit today so I will be on later if you want to get some games going.[/quote]

Its the best WW2 game to date probably, although I still think it pales compared to COD4. The Russian levels were fun, the Marine levels felt like a chore, especially if you play/played on veteran.

If you want to see a broken COD4 engine, look at Quantum of Solace. What's even funnier is, that's a Treyarch game too. You can tell where the focus went between QoS and COD5.

Coming from someone who hasn't played COD4, I think the single player is effin fantastic. I was SO SO SO drawn in in that first russian campaign, it was just so amazingly well done.

I need to puck up COD4 soon.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Coming from someone who hasn't played COD4, I think the single player is effin fantastic. I was SO SO SO drawn in in that first russian campaign, it was just so amazingly well done.

I need to puck up COD4 soon.[/quote]

I'm sure there's plenty that do, but regardless of COD4 or not. I wasn't impressed with the single player.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Coming from someone who hasn't played COD4, I think the single player is effin fantastic. I was SO SO SO drawn in in that first russian campaign, it was just so amazingly well done.

You are missing out. Since you were impressed with the single player in WaW you will be blown away by COD4.

Coming from CoD4:MW, I wasn't impressed with CoD:WaW's campaign. As far as that first Soviet mission (sniper), you haven't seen Enemy at the Gates, have you? Once you do, the impact of that mission is lost, Treyarch are so unoriginal.

Nah never saw Enemy at the Gates. Have to check it out now.

My COD playing went like this:

COD1 to COD2 (a few levels) to COD 3 (beat it) to COD5. I don't know why I skipped 4, i need to get it sometime. Maybe i'll try and grab it in the trade forum since gamespot is still selling it for $60 dollars.

bread's done
Back