simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
Here are the scans of the CC Coupons.

http://pulverizer72.com/scans/cccoupon12-31.pdf

Thanks to Joe2187 for posting these!!
They are the standard $40 off $200 and 10% off coupons.
Matthew

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1954/cc40off200ff4.jpg

Thanks to PSIncubus for hosting them for us.

Here is a cropped one.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5800752
Thanks MKelehan

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']you ALWAYS go for the fat chick, just smile and strike up a conversation about the weather or something ive never had a problem using a coupon when the person at the register is a fat/ugly chick.[/quote]Yeah, that's what I do. :roll::bomb:

C'mon guys, have a little class.

[quote name='guinaevere']Yeah, that's what I do. :roll::bomb:

C'mon guys, have a little class.[/QUOTE]

On this site? I've always been disturbed by that type of thing here :whistle2:(

[quote name='big_squirtle']I have heard this happen to a couple of people. I think instead of giving you a $40 discount, you get a $40 dollar gift card to use on future purchases. Kind of sucks, but not soo bad if you go frequently.[/quote]

a 40 dollar gift card WOULD'VE been nice, but the salesman looked confused as to why it wasn't taking off 40...i was too cuz it's worked in the past. i didn't want him to call over a manager and ask questions as to how i got the coupon so i just said my mom gave me the coupon and i didn't think it'd work anyway and said it was cool.

If I print this in black and white, go to my CC tomorrow when the 360 premium is $350, use this coupon, and get a 360 premium for $310...I will be insanely stumped & happy.

What's out there that's worth $200 of a purchase? Should I snag an HD-DVD drive now? Or just get $200 worth of Xbox 360 games?

If you use the coupon and they give you the $40 gift card, if you return any of the itmes purchesed do you still get to keep the gift card or do they deduct the $40 from your refund.

I ask because I already have the HD DVD player for the 360 and I kept the oricinal box. In order to get the 5 free HD dvds I need a reciept, so I was just going to buy the system, copy the reciept and then return it. But if I can buy it with a $20 filler to get a $40 dollar gift card, that would be pretty sweet.

I purchased a surround receiver today and the $40 GC rings up separate... I.E. the receiver was 269.99 but it rang up for 229.99 with 40.00 being rung up as the GC. The manager who took it told me my options were to get a 40 gc or to not use the coupon since I was buying the receiver anyway I opted for the free $40.

quick question (wether its been answered or not), if i buy psp and a game totalling a bit over $200 can i still trick them into scanning this? or its not going to work thanks!!!

i've heard some of you guys have been able to use it on the ds lites

Tried it on a TV I just bought, was denied. Because I had them pricematch the TV, they wouldn't let me use this.

[quote name='devildr1ver']quick question (wether its been answered or not), if i buy psp and a game totalling a bit over $200 can i still trick them into scanning this? or its not going to work thanks!!!

i've heard some of you guys have been able to use it on the ds lites[/QUOTE]
It will work.

[quote name='shrike4242']In case anyone hasn't found it yet, here's the coupon that expires at the end of August 2007:
[/QUOTE]
What's this thread doing on page 3? Something this good doesn't deserve to drop.

If Circuit City is offering the 300 HD DVD with purchase of 360 HD DVD player I'd like to use this coupon for that plus I'd pick up Far Cry Instricts for $16.96 and possibly a cheap DVD or something.

I want to buy something that is listed as instore only, anyone have a link to a 10% off $199 that can be printed and used at the B&M? Thanks

[quote name='espy605']As far as I know, this doesn't work with game consoles, while the $40 off $200 coupon does.[/QUOTE]

No, the online 10% off coupon doesn't work with game consoles. The funny thing is it doesn't say anywhere in the terms that it excludes game consoles. It's a bit of a letdown.

Used the $40 of $199 about 2 weeks ago on a digital camera and some memory cards. They wouldn't accept the coupon at first and asked where I got it and I told them "some coupon site online" and then they accepted it without question. Just so happened the camera was onsale for $20 off that week and the memory cards were more than 1/2 off that week.

It kept trying to issue a giftcard for the $40 and there were like 2 managers who came to the register and just manually took it off the price of the camera. lol

I got rejected for the $40 off $200 coupon this weekend. The cashier scanned it and something weird came up on the screen (I couldn't see, but based on her reaction). She asked another cashier about it and he said he couldnt do anything, to get the manager. Then she came back and said they wouldnt take it because it was a copy. It was a good printout that scanned fine, I'm thinking our CC flagged this coupon in the computer or something.

[quote name='dealer']I got rejected for the $40 off $200 coupon this weekend. The cashier scanned it and something weird came up on the screen (I couldn't see, but based on her reaction). She asked another cashier about it and he said he couldnt do anything, to get the manager. Then she came back and said they wouldnt take it because it was a copy. It was a good printout that scanned fine, I'm thinking our CC flagged this coupon in the computer or something.[/quote]

What were you buying?

[quote name='dealer']I got rejected for the $40 off $200 coupon this weekend. The cashier scanned it and something weird came up on the screen (I couldn't see, but based on her reaction). She asked another cashier about it and he said he couldnt do anything, to get the manager. Then she came back and said they wouldnt take it because it was a copy. It was a good printout that scanned fine, I'm thinking our CC flagged this coupon in the computer or something.[/QUOTE]

I had the same exact problem. I think it has been flagged at the store I go to as well. Same exact thing happened to me. I was buying the Toshiba HD-DVD player for someone as a gift. It wasn't on sale or anything, regular price $299. They denied me because it came up weird on the computer, got a manager and said they won't accept it because it was a copy. Had to go online and use the 10% off coupon instead (which ended up being better since the player was on sale for $20 off online so plus the 10% off coupon gave me about $50 off instead of $40 -- they should have just accepted my coupon!!!).

[quote name='sp00ge']What were you buying?[/quote]

Wacom tablet, DVD, and batteries (to get it over $199).

Has anyone else had success at using this coupon since Sunday? I was planning on using it tomorrow to pick up a few things, but the 2 posts on this page saying that they were declined use of the coupon is worrying me a bit. If a coupon was flagged, would it not be corporate wide instead of on a store to store basis? I'll end up giving a whirl tomorrow and see if it works. BTW, anyone buy into CC's gamer's network thing? Supposedly gives 10% off purchases of games/accessories, but I would like to know if you can use this in conjunction with coupons, sale prices/price matches. I have a funny feeling that CC is going to make it so restrictive it won't be worth while.

how does this work on ds lites when it says right on the coupon that it can't be used on gaming consoles??
Id like to use this on the Braing Age DS and Bioshock.

[quote name='ivanctorres']how does this work on ds lites when it says right on the coupon that it can't be used on gaming consoles?? [/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well. I want that slick ass DS.

Not to throw this convo into an anti-CC thread; but I went out a few minutes ago to try to use the $40 off $200 coupon (using the red DS + Bioshock), and they wouldn't sell me the DS until 2pm!!! They had them in the back, but said the computers won't let them be sold until 2pm.

Needless to say Im calling CC's customer service line about this.

just called them and they offered to do nothing to appease me. In fact, they wanted me to stay on the line while they tried to confirm the story with the store. Unreal.

Cashier and I got talking about Tool (had one of their t shirts on) during checkout and when she scanned the coupon, it wouldn't work. Nothing came up on the screen like the couple other of CAGs, it just wouldn't work. I used my mind trick and asked her to help a fellow Tool fan out and she manually took $10 off the first four items I had bought. Bought Bioshock, Resistance, a six axis controller, charger and hd dvd. Good haul with the savings.

[quote name='tenaciousjack']just called them and they offered to do nothing to appease me. In fact, they wanted me to stay on the line while they tried to confirm the story with the store. Unreal.[/quote]

What's unreal about them wanting them to get the store's side of the story?

I asked a friend (whos a manager at CC) about this problem and he said that sometimes corperate will flag a coupon in a given area or a given store if it is used too much in a week/month in that area/store... He didn't say but i assume it is done via the cashiers computer network (if there is one, idk). He said most of the time they don't know about the coupon being flagged till the computer says so...

No issue with them wanting me to stay on the line, I just wasn't in the mood to dedicate even more time to CC today... It took about 4 minutes for CC customer service to get to me. I really didn't have that time while at work to wait a few more minutes.

I used the coupon today; didn't quite work as stated. It gave me the $40 gift card while marking down the other items to match the $40 for the gift card; though I imagine I could simply return the gift card to Customer Service and get the $40 back, though I'll probably spend it another time anyways. After other people's posts I was just worried it wouldn't work at all.

Side note: I picked up the gamer's club for $20 since I was buying $200 worth of stuff (video games/wii points; works for accessories and strategy guides/preorders as well) it paid for itself since you get the 10% off immediately and it DOES work on clearance/sales items, at least for now. The terms say it works for regular prices only, but it reduced bioshock, brain age 2, etc. Also, on the website it states anyone who buys a console or handheld system (DS/PSP, etc) you get a free gamer's savings club membership. Nothing online said it was online only, so it could work in store, supposedly in effect till 10/17. I seriously doubt that any associate will make you aware of this, for they may not know themselves.

Edit: It is implied up in my post, but let me say this explicitly. The card successfully stacked with the $40 off coupon, which means it should be able to stack with the $15 off $100 purchase coupons that are floating around now as well as the ones that begin at the end of the month through 9/17 - just saw loads of these in store; they work in the store or online so awesome savings and also the gamer's card DOES NOT work with online purchases (seems that they are following real close in EB/GS shoes - bastages :) )

just got back from CC, the manager came over to figure out the whole gift card swipe and realized that it was a print out. He told me it wasn't a real coupon. Duh. oh well, better luck next time

That was a big reason I didn't press on them taking the $40 off. If you want the coupons to look more legit (original) I recommend printing them on card stock, high resolution to include selecting the correct paper type in the printer properties. When the coupon can't scan it may become suspicious to some.

As I posted elsewhere, there is a seal with AAA to get 10% off and it seems to work with consoles:

www.aaa.com/CircuitCity/

As long as the clerk doesn't read the exclusions, it should scan no problemo. You need a AAA account or you can Google how to get around it.

this is kind of OT - i know CC can be dumb sometimes - but you've got to hand it to them ---- they are the only store that actually has new release games on sale the day they come out (brain age 2 at 15 bucks, pokemon d/p were 27, 10 bucks off bioshock etc). plus they are almost always cheaper than BB on other things, especially with how many coupons are running around.

Dang, i wanted to buy my GF the new black/red DS for her. Along with maybe 2 games, would push it over $200. I might still give it a shot, wish me luck.

Does anyone know here if you can return a gift card? I just wanted to know because they issued me the $40 gift card in lieu of the $40 off.

The "flagging" of the coupon explains my getting shot down this past week.

I wanted to buy a digital camera that was on sale for $230 (and get it for $190). The clerk at my local store gave the coupon a good look and then scanned it . . . then he paused and looked at the screen and started to question me about it . . . then he sought a manager and declined it.

I thought he was being a jerk but now it fits.

After I read this thread I decided to try another store. The clerk seemed a little slow and the coupon just wouldn't scan. He printed a transaction ticket and took the camera and coupon to the service desk and they worked on it there. I overheard the worker say something about "gift card." Then he seemed to force it through. The clerk took the transaction ticket back to a dept. computer and finished the sale with the $40 off.

I think I got lucky.

bread's done
Back