simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
Here are the scans of the CC Coupons.

http://pulverizer72.com/scans/cccoupon12-31.pdf

Thanks to Joe2187 for posting these!!
They are the standard $40 off $200 and 10% off coupons.
Matthew

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1954/cc40off200ff4.jpg

Thanks to PSIncubus for hosting them for us.

Here is a cropped one.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5800752
Thanks MKelehan

[quote name='sp00ge']If you put a game in it and it plays the game, it's a console. Games are games, add-ons are accessories. It's not rocket science.[/quote]

Believe it or not, people have different definitions of what constitutes a console. The gaming communities I frequent online tend to draw a distinction between consoles and handhelds. The fact that circuitcity.com doesn't refer to them as consoles isn't a big help either.

I managed successfully to buy a DS Lite and two games today with the coupon. You can chalk that up to a different interpretation of 'console' or just plain incompetence of the cashier.

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']Believe it or not, people have different definitions of what constitutes a console. The gaming communities I frequent online tend to draw a distinction between consoles and handhelds. The fact that circuitcity.com doesn't refer to them as consoles isn't a big help either.

I managed successfully to buy a DS Lite and two games today with the coupon. You can chalk that up to a different interpretation of 'console' or just plain incompetence of the cashier.[/quote]

maual override or simple scan? please this is the most important part of success stories!

the actual size of the piece of paper is 8"x7", and the coupons are 2 1/2" x 2 9/16"

**credit for the above info goes to shadowguard on SD. He had the original & posted a scan**

[quote name='monkeydeew']maual override or simple scan? please this is the most important part of success stories![/quote]
There was a manual override but I'm not sure if the coupon itself is to blame. My purchase total was just over the $199 requirement (129.99+34.99+34.99=199.97) but apparently CC is having a promotion where if you buy a handheld, you get their Gamer's membership for free (normally ~$20, 10% discount on games for a year).

The guy scanned the membership card before telling me the total (which came to less than $199 due to the 10% discount on the games). I asked if there was anything cheap that could push me just above the requirement (lawl) and he just pressed a few buttons and got the coupon to work.

He never questioned the validity of the coupon or the fact I was buying a DS Lite though.

Hope that was helpful enough.

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']There was a manual override but I'm not sure if the coupon itself is to blame. My purchase total was just over the $199 requirement (129.99+34.99+34.99=199.97) but apparently CC is having a promotion where if you buy a handheld, you get their Gamer's membership for free (normally ~$20, 10% discount on games for a year).

The guy scanned the membership card before telling me the total (which came to less than $199 due to the 10% discount on the games). I asked if there was anything cheap that could push me just above the requirement (lawl) and he just pressed a few buttons and got the coupon to work.

He never questioned the validity of the coupon or the fact I was buying a DS Lite though.

Hope that was helpful enough.[/quote]

got a quick question, the gamers membership card does it work on only the games or also the psp console? thanks

[quote name='Tastee Dong']Just used it on a preorder for halo3 legendary and a CE, paid in full.[/quote]

helmet version?? i tried to do this exact thing and the guy said cc will not carry the helment version

Finally, I saved $40 off of $199.99 from Circuit City! I tried to ask for a free Gamer Saver Club but this isn't included. So I just paid $19.99+tax without applying 10% off for the PSP Daxter Bundle. Thanks OP, you're the best!

[quote name='Little Green Yoda']There was a manual override but I'm not sure if the coupon itself is to blame. My purchase total was just over the $199 requirement (129.99+34.99+34.99=199.97) but apparently CC is having a promotion where if you buy a handheld, you get their Gamer's membership for free (normally ~$20, 10% discount on games for a year).

Hope that was helpful enough.[/quote]

So when you purchase the gamer membership at cc, they give you the card right there? I've read multiple threads of people saying they waited 4-5 weeks for the card to the mail and were given a few 10% coupons to hold them off. If they give the card right away, next time I use the 40/200 coupon I will pick up a membership & try to stack discounts.

No luck here, even with my glossy paper coupon matching the size of the add, it was rejected. Ah well, Amazon finally shipped my PSP today anyway...still it would have been nice to save 30 bucks or so.

[quote name='monkeydeew']helmet version?? i tried to do this exact thing and the guy said cc will not carry the helment version[/QUOTE]

That explains why they didn't have pre-order scans with the legendary UPC code. The guy that was helping me was nice enough to pull it off their web site though and rang it up. The coupon knocked off 26 from the LE and 14 from the CE. I guess if they really don't carry the LE in store ill still get a CE for 55.99. Ill get in line at BB just in case =b

Also, I've used this coupon ab 3 times in the past. First time BW and about 1"x1.2", had no problem scanning it. Other two times I used colored and larger but have not been able to scan, the CSRs have to enter it in manually.

[quote name='Stingercjc']No luck here, even with my glossy paper coupon matching the size of the add, it was rejected. Ah well, Amazon finally shipped my PSP today anyway...still it would have been nice to save 30 bucks or so.[/quote]

Did the system reject it or did the cashier reject it?

well, as my first post I have some important info....word on the street is that Circuit City has sent notices specifically about the $40 off coupon printouts showing up at many of their stores. Might as well try though, but I guess enough people are printing them out and bringing them into stores trying to use them that they have since rejected anything but the original coupons. However, some good news there is currently $15 off coupon of $100 or more purchase good until the 17th...it says it excludes consoles.... but some people were able to use the $40 off coupons for consoles (as it says the coupon cannot be used for such a purchase if you look at the fine print) as people have posted in the forums.

[quote name='cponomar']To all who got this to work, was your coupon in color or B&W?[/quote]

Mines with regular color inks and they had to type the promo code manually. I better buy the laser inject printer to scan it properly. I used newspaper to cut them out in the actual shape of postcard and print it like real coupon. Works like a charm!

[quote name='Jedipunk']However, some good news there is currently $15 off coupon of $100 or more purchase good until the 17th... [/quote]

Where? in store or newspaper? I checked mymail today, nada about this so far.... :( is it instore? or is it posted somewhere that i overlooked?

[quote name='reicaden']Where? in store or newspaper? I checked mymail today, nada about this so far.... :( is it instore? or is it posted somewhere that i overlooked?[/QUOTE]

its in store, just ask for the coupon at customer service, they should have it buried in the back somewhere

i used a color printout today. I printed at a kinkos, and bought the slim PSP with no problems. in fact, i am using it to write this message!

I have a barcode coupon for 15 off 100 that expires on the 17th. Is there anyway it can still work in store? I really want to use it if possible.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck getting coupons to work that have expired. Any experiences welcome.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I have a barcode coupon for 15 off 100 that expires on the 17th. Is there anyway it can still work in store? I really want to use it if possible.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had luck getting coupons to work that have expired. Any experiences welcome.[/QUOTE]
Doubt it, but they have those all over the customer service counter, you could probably just goto the store and get another.

[quote name='devildr1ver']

these expire 10/31/07

someone should update the OP links[/QUOTE]
Necessary bump.

What's the success rate with this coupon? I'm thinking of getting a PSP Slim with this, and I don't want to drive all the way to CC to get shot down. It's the the "No Reproductions/Duplications will not be accepted" worries me.:whistle2:?
Basically, should I just print out the coupon, or the image of the entire ad?

Print the Entire AD cuz it helps the cashier know what you're doing by ripping the coupon easily than handing out each coupon might be a problem. Don't cut them out yet, bring the whole AD and cut it in front of the cashier! :D

I'd like to use that 10% off for this receiver, but it says it excludes sales items. Think I could get away with it anyways? If not, I could just use the $40 off coupon, it's only a difference of $2. Of course, this is assuming it's the same price in-store. I'm not sure how much difference there is in terms of sales/prices between cC's B&M store and online store. I never shop much at either.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-7-1-Channel-Home-Theater-Receiver-STR-DG910/sem/rpsm/oid/181964/catOid/-12949/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

[quote name='RatATatTatt']I'd like to use that 10% off for this receiver, but it says it excludes sales items. Think I could get away with it anyways? If not, I could just use the $40 off coupon, it's only a difference of $2. Of course, this is assuming it's the same price in-store. I'm not sure how much difference there is in terms of sales/prices between cC's B&M store and online store. I never shop much at either.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-7-1-Channel-Home-Theater-Receiver-STR-DG910/sem/rpsm/oid/181964/catOid/-12949/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do[/quote]
I can confirm (at least at the CC store I went to) that the $40 off coupon worked with no questions asked on the very same A/V receiver RatATatTatt.

I used iNCREDiPINOY'S method above and printed out the page as is and ripped the coupon out at the checkout counter. Worked like a charm! Thanks!

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']what the hell does this have to do with video games?[/quote]
Examples include:
Buying a PSP
Buying an Xbox 360
Buying a Wii
Buying a PS3
Spending $199+ on anything.
So, in summary, it has a lot to do with video games.

My local CC has not ONCE had one of these coupons or anything close. And since I've gotten my CC card I've come to know these people on a scary basis. So...do you think I'd have a better chance printing it on "nice" photo paper or just regular heavyweight paper and hope for the best?

I think the heavyweight will do...and least I hope so. There are some things I'd like to pick up...it would make me happy. For tomorrow morning, my face is getting sliced open for surgery. And THAT doesn't make me happy.

But at least I'll have a nice one of these soon: :D

What can you do?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

[quote name='PacManess']So...do you think I'd have a better chance printing it on "nice" photo paper or just regular heavyweight paper and hope for the best?

I think the heavyweight will do...and least I hope so. There are some things I'd like to pick up...it would make me happy. For tomorrow morning, my face is getting sliced open for surgery. And THAT doesn't make me happy.

But at least I'll have a nice one of these soon: :D

What can you do?

Thank you in advance for any advice.[/quote]
I used my work computer. The page printed in b&w on standard letter sized/weight paper. :shrug: Good luck though!

IMHO, A/V Receiver can have a lot to do with video games. I'll be running my PS3 and 360 through the receiver. No different then folks discussing a switcher.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Examples include:
Buying a PSP
Buying an Xbox 360
Buying a Wii
Buying a PS3
Spending $199+ on anything.
So, in summary, it has a lot to do with video games.[/quote]

$40 off $200 coupon doesn't cover game consoles and the 10% off coupons only cover TVs and AV equipment.

The only way this can be applied to games is if you buy $200 in games or a combination of games and other merchandise worth more than $200.

[quote name='RotJ']$40 off $200 coupon doesn't cover game consoles and the 10% off coupons only cover TVs and AV equipment.

The only way this can be applied to games is if you buy $200 in games or a combination of games and other merchandise worth more than $200.[/quote]
If you can stomach going back through the entire thread, they are many cases where CAGs have had success using the $40 off coupon on consoles. Most recently people have used it to get $40 off of the new, slim PSPs.

I bought a PS3 with this coupon. I took two of my friends to CC and they bought 360s with it. Yes, it works on consoles.

[quote name='Vader582']I can confirm (at least at the CC store I went to) that the $40 off coupon worked with no questions asked on the very same A/V receiver RatATatTatt.

I used iNCREDiPINOY'S method above and printed out the page as is and ripped the coupon out at the checkout counter. Worked like a charm! Thanks![/quote]

Good to know. Not to get too off topic, but how do you like the receiver? I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I want to get this particular model.

And while this may not be entirely a direct video game deal, I am mainly getting surround sound for gaming. I can't wait to play MGS4 in full 7.1 glory on my also recently purchased 32" HDTV. :drool:

ok guys and girls, listen up. This coupon works! I'm holding in my hand, as we speak, The PSP Slim Ice bundle pack. I paid $172 after tax. Here's the scoop on how to do it: READY?

1.) Your appearance: More important than you think. It's a proven fact that more attractive people are trusted more and believed to be more honest than their basement dwelling friends. if you don't believe me, Google it. I'm not saying you have to look like Brad Pitt, but at least do your hair and shave. Don't go in their looking like you just rolled out of bed, and please brush your teeth! Yes I'm talking to the gamers out there who forgot about proper hygiene after leveling their character in Warcraft for 6 days straight.

2.) As mentioned before, look for the ugly chick working there. Hunt one down, there's always one. DO NOT get the FAT BALD GUY! He hates you, and everything about you. Especially if you did your hair.

3.) After asking her to help you find the psp or other items, strike up a conversation! Ask her why she's working at circuit city or something. It sounds funny, but it will make a quick bond between you and her, and thats what you want.

4.) Presenting the coupon: After the sales girl has helped you find your item, and you've talked to her for a minute about nothing. (girls love that).. ask her to ring you up. Now, what I did.. I printed the ENTIRE AD with the 3 coupons on it. I used nice BOLD color, with semi-shiny paper. Don't stretch it to fit the entire page, but if you have the option, Crop it to leave maybe a 1" margin. This will make the coupons look exactly like the real deal. I then cut the 1" extra paper off the sides, so it's just the ad. Then, I folded the top part of the ad with the people on it, BEHIND the coupons. So only the coupons are showing, and the paper looks thicker. DO it.

5.) Now for the final showdown, between you and the sales girl. One important thing to remember, is to keep the conversation going. Come on guys, just cause you play games doesn't mean you can't be quite the charmer as well. Just be cool, and let the convo roll. Before she scans your item, let her know you have a coupon. I carried mine around in my hand the whole time I was there, like i wasn't trying to hide the fact that I have a coupon. So, as she's scanning your item, say something like.."oooh my coupon", and actually tear it off right in front of her, and hand it to her. Now, if she starts READING it, make a joke or say something charming. Say something like "with this extra money I save, I can take you out for dinner". Girl's love this.. and most likely she will just laugh and scan your coupon at the same time... forgetting all about reading the fine print =)

6.) Say thanks, get her phone number, and enjoy your cheap ass gaming.

time for me to go play some Daxter

-Fuzz-man

[quote name='fuzz-man']ok guys and girls, listen up. This coupon works! I'm holding in my hand, as we speak, The PSP Slim Ice bundle pack. I paid $172 after tax. Here's the scoop on how to do it: READY?

2.) As mentioned before, look for the ugly chick working there. Hunt one down, there's always one. DO NOT get the FAT BALD GUY! He hates you, and everything about you. Especially if you did your hair.
[/quote]

I do believe I have just found a new profile quote.

lol...

I think when I go buy my 360 (once those rumored bundles come out later this month) i am going to try this coupon. Thanks for the pointers fuzz :D Seriously, i think if you do that, and have a joke in mind for when/if she starts reading it, you will be money.

Thanks for the coupon and info. This does work on console purchases. I was able to buy a PSP slim and a copy of FEAR 360 using it. I used the recommendation of printing the entire page and tearing the coupon out at the register. It did help the guy helping me was super cool and a gamer but I still think the coupon can and will work regardless.

I think fuzz hit it on the head, just keep em talking and keep talkin, they won't read the fine print that way.

Edited, i just found out i don't have a CC around here :( sad day. i mistook my office depot......

Hey Fuzz thats exactly what I've done with the sale girls and shes so cute! I might come back again to buy Xbox 360 Elite for $409.99 with LOT number 734 or greater = 65nm CPU aka codename Falcon! Plus I can use my Gamer Saving Club card for another 10% off discount! The total will be $368.99 after $40 off $200 and 10% off misprint, lol!

bread's done
Back