Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

i dont get secret exchange between Wolverine and Widow. Was it suppose to be based on their history or something?

[quote name='yukafls']Woot!! There is offically a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance, MA:Fusion. Watch the trailer at marvel.com.[/quote]

There was actually an official announcement several months ago, we just didn't have any video till E3. And to be honest the video doesn't really do much besides give us a title.

Still I'm excited about it. I'm very curious to see what new characters will be added. Hopefully it's still scheduled for 08'

I just read Batman: Killing Joke and Marvel: The End. I never read Killing Joke but I knew the basic storyline. I really liked it, the art was fantastic and the Joker (as always) was cool.

Marvel: The End had good writing (can't go wrong with Starlin & Thanos) but the plot seemed played out, Thanos gains omnipotent power (again) but ultimately turns out not to be so evil. Thanos is always a joy to read about, however the art was pretty bad. The artist drew some of the heroes very odd (namely Iron Man & Beast.) The full panels were poorly done and the entire series looked rushed and lazy.

I feel like horrible. I have not been keeping up with any comics including the Secret Invasion and other cool ones due to time, distance, and lack of funds. I have to get back in the swing of things.

Got done reading and buying the entire collection of Y: The Last Man. It was amazing and I have to thank this thread for recomending it to me. This will definatly go down as my favorite non-tights & cape comic. I was such a good story I hope hollywood doesn't fuck up the movie.

Are they still doing a Y the Last man movie? I really think a TV series on HBO or Showtime would work better. Speaking of which, where the hell is the Preacher TV series?

By the way guys I am getting rid of lots of my comics and Marvel Legends and DC figures. I do have a trade list up. So far I have the first three hardcovers from Garth Ennis' run. They are out of print, but I am taking offers. I will be adding more comics and trades soon, before everything goes on eBay.

Here is a link to my Trade list here

Anyone here read 'Superman Batman' #50?

Their fathers meeting before they were born/being 'brothers' seems waaay too forced

[quote name='evilomar']Are they still doing a Y the Last man movie? I really think a TV series on HBO or Showtime would work better. Speaking of which, where the hell is the Preacher TV series?[/quote]

From what I've heard, yes, it' still on. I really hope they don't cast Shia as Yorick Brown. Taken from wiki

The film rights to the series have been acquired by New Line Cinema, and as of July 24, 2007 screenwriter Carl Ellsworth and director D. J. Caruso, the team behind Disturbia, are attached to the project with David S. Goyer as a producer.[3][4]
Caruso intends on finishing the script in the summer and filming during the fall of 2008. The script will be a rewrite of the original draft written by Vaughan himself.[5]
Caruso claims that the source material was too much to be told in one movie and they decided to concentrate on the best first movie they can, which would end somewhere around issue 14 of the comic series. The entire comic series as a whole would be plotted into three movies.[6] Rumors have been circulating that actor Shia LaBeouf will play the role of Yorick.[7] Caruso and Labeouf have worked together in both the films Disturbia and Eagle Eye. Caruso plans to use a real monkey, and not a CGI construct, to play Ampersand

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I am getting rid of Wolverine # 66 variant cover by Michael Turner. Old Man Logan Part 1. I've decided to get rid of it since I am getting most stuff in trade now a days. So let me know if you are interested before I put it on eBay.

This is the variant I am talking about. I'm looking to trade or you can send me an offer. I got some other comics on my trade list as well.

I'll get my copy of SI #5 in a few days. I get my comics shipped twice a month now so I don't have to wait an entire month to catch up. I finished the SI: Fantastic Four mini and it ended when the story just got exciting. Guess they'll wrap it up in the main book. Plus SI: Frontline #1 was pretty boring. Civil War: FL was much better.

Feeling a little adventureous and picked up a few new comics on a chance. What do you guys think about the following: Red Sonja, Goon, Army of Darkness, Dead She Said. Any recommendations on something new that's not cape & tights?

[quote name='HuBu']holy...did you guys get SI #5?

Can't wait til the next one. things are finally starting to pick up now.[/quote]

Yeah, it was something. After 4 issues we FINALLY get the obvious resolution to the Savage Land part.

I really don't have faith that this will pay off satisfactorially in 3 issues that are left

I don't think there is a resolution, cause they are still stuck in the Savage Lands. I picked up a crap load yesterday but, again, I am to lazy to post the list right now. I did get SI #5, so I think I will go read it now.

[quote name='yukafls']
I don't think there is a resolution, cause they are still stuck in the Savage Lands. I picked up a crap load yesterday but, again, I am to lazy to post the list right now. I did get SI #5, so I think I will go read it now.
[/quote]

Resolution on who's a skrull or not

[quote name='Rodimus']

Feeling a little adventureous and picked up a few new comics on a chance. What do you guys think about the following: Red Sonja, Goon, Army of Darkness, Dead She Said. Any recommendations on something new that's not cape & tights?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't read Umbrella Academy I would definetely recommend that series. Hellboy, Conan, 100 Bullets, Fables (of course). Let me know what you like and I could give you more suggestions.

They have a bunch of Fables TPB at my library. What's it about? I did read some of 100 Bullets and it was good, but a bit slow in some parts. It wasn't really for me.

I do like Y: TLM, Locke & Key, and 30 Days of Night (but I didn't really like any of the sequels.)

[quote name='Rodimus']They have a bunch of Fables TPB at my library. What's it about? I did read some of 100 Bullets and it was good, but a bit slow in some parts. It wasn't really for me.
[/quote]

Fables is REALLY awesome. The concept is what if storytime charcaters were real and lived among us humans.

I HIGHLY recommend the TPBs

[quote name='Rodimus']I'll get my copy of SI #5 in a few days. I get my comics shipped twice a month now so I don't have to wait an entire month to catch up. I finished the SI: Fantastic Four mini and it ended when the story just got exciting. Guess they'll wrap it up in the main book. Plus SI: Frontline #1 was pretty boring. Civil War: FL was much better.

Feeling a little adventureous and picked up a few new comics on a chance. What do you guys think about the following: Red Sonja, Goon, Army of Darkness, Dead She Said. Any recommendations on something new that's not cape & tights?[/QUOTE]

I always found FL to be rather boring. And yes, SI: FF ended when it finally got good.

just pick up a Wolverine Mugg from Target. Still trying to find a Captain America one. They have Hulk, Spiderman and Doom left.

I've been collecting those Mighty Muggs also. So far I have Venom, Doctor Doom, Cap, & Thor. I still want Spidey & Iron Man. The Thor is really cool, I reccomend getting that one. Also I'm waiting for the Thanos which will be out in a month or so.

Sorry for the double post. But I just read Immortal Iron Fist vol. 1 *finally* and it's amazing. The panels are some of the best I've seen, plus they create a mythology about the "Iron Fist" title I never even knew existed. Maybe cause I've never been a fan of the character. (always thought he was a bit hoeky.) Now I consider him a bad ass.

Hey guys I'm about to put some comics up on eBay, but I wanted to see if anyone here is interested. I figure this is a great way of getting started on the Secret Invasion crossover. Here is what I have:

Secret Invasion 1,2, 3, 4, and 5
Secret Invasion: Thor 1
Secret Invasion: Frontline 1 & 2
Secret Invasion: The Inhumans 1
Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four 1, 2, 3
Runaways/Young Avengers 1 & 2
X-Factor 33
She-Hulk 3
Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust (one-shot)
New Avengers 42, 43, 44
Mighty Avengers 14 & 15

Just PM if interested.

[quote name='Rodimus']I've been collecting those Mighty Muggs also. So far I have Venom, Doctor Doom, Cap, & Thor. I still want Spidey & Iron Man. The Thor is really cool, I reccomend getting that one. Also I'm waiting for the Thanos which will be out in a month or so.[/QUOTE]

I saw thor at a walmart. i don't really like it that much. i m trying to find a captain america one in store but it seems they are sold out everywhere. If you are looking for a spiderman and iron man, let me know. the targe in hialeah by 826 has it.

[quote name='Rodimus']Sorry for the double post. But I just read Immortal Iron Fist vol. 1 *finally* and it's amazing. The panels are some of the best I've seen, plus they create a mythology about the "Iron Fist" title I never even knew existed. Maybe cause I've never been a fan of the character. (always thought he was a bit hoeky.) Now I consider him a bad ass. [/QUOTE]

Yeah i just love Bru's run on iron fist. it gets kinda slow on the 7 cities arc tho.

[quote name='HuBu']I saw thor at a walmart. i don't really like it that much. i m trying to find a captain america one in store but it seems they are sold out everywhere. If you are looking for a spiderman and iron man, let me know. the targe in hialeah by 826 has it.[/quote]

Guess I'm just biased torwards Thor. And thanks for the offer on Spidey & Iron Man, but there's a few more Targets around me that I haven't hit up yet.

[quote name='evilomar']Hey guys I'm about to put some comics up on eBay, but I wanted to see if anyone here is interested. I figure this is a great way of getting started on the Secret Invasion crossover. Here is what I have:

Secret Invasion 1,2, 3, 4, and 5
Secret Invasion: Thor 1
Secret Invasion: Frontline 1 & 2
Secret Invasion: The Inhumans 1
Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four 1, 2, 3
Runaways/Young Avengers 1 & 2
X-Factor 33
She-Hulk 3
New Avengers 42, 43, 44
Mighty Avengers 14 & 15

Just PM if interested.[/quote]

They are all Secret Invasion tie ins???

If so, I might be interested in

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four 2, 3
Runaways/Young Avengers 2
X-Factor 33
She-Hulk 3
New Avengers 42, 43, 44(Gotta check my stash for these)
Mighty Avengers 14 & 15(also have to check for these)

Those Mighty Muggs are pretty cool, I have picked up the Hulk one and he is pretty cool

[quote name='Rodimus']Guess I'm just biased torwards Thor. And thanks for the offer on Spidey & Iron Man, but there's a few more Targets around me that I haven't hit up yet.[/quote]

They are cheapest at Target and a dollar more at Wal Mart than expensive anywhere else.

[quote name='yukafls']They are cheapest at Target and a dollar more at Wal Mart than expensive anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

really? i think target has them for 9.99 and walmart has them for 9.98 or something.

Rodimus, can you keep an eye out for a Captain America for me?

Black Panther SI tie ins are great.

HuBu - Sure, if I see a Cap I'll let you know. But Everywhere around me is out as far as I know. I've also seen them at Urban Outfiters in the Aventurea Mall. But I think they were expensive.

[quote name='neocisco']Check my sig (like you can miss it). This is the center ad in CSN this week.[/quote]

Hahaha, awesome. That is funny.

Ha, it looks like this thread should be bumped

I finally got my ass to borders the other day and picked up Scott Pilgrim. It is the best book, I have to go and get the other 3 books.

I also have been building my mighty muggs collection slowly but surely.

I figured this is the best place to ask, so I found my huge tote filled with Marvel actions figures ranging from about 1993-1999. They're all loose, and also in the tote was a shoebox filled with all the weapons/accessories that go with the figures. They used to just be shelved in my room when I was younger so I would assume they're all complete.

My question, is there a way to figure out any value to these things? Ideally I would like to know what could fetch the most, then I can bundle them properly and sell them on ebay. I would love to put them all on display again, but lack of room prohibits this. Nowadays I only have a select few figures on display and a Superman collection.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I figured this is the best place to ask, so I found my huge tote filled with Marvel actions figures ranging from about 1993-1999. They're all loose, and also in the tote was a shoebox filled with all the weapons/accessories that go with the figures. They used to just be shelved in my room when I was younger so I would assume they're all complete.

My question, is there a way to figure out any value to these things? Ideally I would like to know what could fetch the most, then I can bundle them properly and sell them on ebay. I would love to put them all on display again, but lack of room prohibits this. Nowadays I only have a select few figures on display and a Superman collection.[/quote]

Honestly? Those figures aren't worth much at all. Marvel Legends pretty much killed the market for these figures a few years back.

Even figures that were hard to find when released and stayed scarce are worth very little today.

Yea I didn't think I'd make any real money from it. I browse some figures every now and then on ebay and sometimes see bundles going for a decent amount. I guess I'll just bundle them in groups that make sense and hope for the best.

If they're loose they're probably not worth much individually. There's local comic book store that sells a ton of those old Marvel figures still in box and the most epensive one I've seen was like $15. I wish you luck on selling them. I still have a ton of them boxed away in my closet. Those were some of my favorite toys as a kid.

Now if you had a "Secret Wars" action figure from the mid 80's still in box they could fetch a pretty penny. I have a Captian America & Spider-Man but they're loose and all beat up.

Wow, forgot about this thread, thanks for bumping. I'll share some of my comics book thoughts. SI better end with a bang and not a whimper. I have mixed feelings about the Secret Invasion, but overall I'm enjoying it. Whenever I get my stack it's always the first I read. Some of the tie-ins seem unnecessary, but I'm enjoying the T-Bolts, Thor, & Inhumans.

Spider-Man Brand New Day finally got good with the "New Ways to Die" arc. But I have a feeling it'll slip back into mediocrity afterward.

Anyone else reading Incredible Herc besides me? The Secret Invasion arc seemed forced and way too serious for Herc's silly nature. But this new arc with the amazons is a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back