[DEAD!] Playstation.com deals thread (tax+s/h not included)

Picking up Gallop Racer 2004.Thanks guys! :D

BTW, I definitely recommend Burnout 3. The game is f'n awesomne!

[quote name='crucify']All right, dumb question. For those of you who know the legalities: If I pre-order Phantom Brave knowing full well that it's back-ordered and playstation.com fills the order let's say 25 days from now, can they change the price on me? I'm specifically worried that I will order the darn thing for $27 and then find out that I was charged $53.86 + shipping after all. I want to say that if I order I "lock" in the price, but maybe that's just my delusions speaking.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that while they might not have to honor it, they will have to let you know that they are changing it on you.

Oops, sorry about that... just found that thread. I actually bought this game for my daughter. I traded her 2003 version back when the 2004 version was first announced so I could get top dollar. Finding the 2004 version for less than $20 made my day and my daughter very happy.

They can either honor the price or cancel the order, they can't just decide you should pay more after the fact. But they can cancel if they want.

Bloody hell! This thread has exploded since this afternoon! Thanks Scorch, for the heads-up! I'll pass on this deal, though (very tempted on Phantom Brave, but...), since the Toys'R'Us, Towers, and fall CC clearance has ran me dry....

May be old news but....

Product Line 1: ESPN NHL 2K5

Product ID: 2918089

QTY Ordered: 1
QTY BackOrdered: 1

Im curious if anybody HASNT had a game they ordered go backorder. As far as the backorder goes, I guess we should all just hope for the best and if it doesnt work out, at least we got to try for it.

*edit* I dont like this line in the auto reply
If we cannot deliver your item within 30 days, a cancellation will be processed automatically

Makes me feel like rather than have any sort of inventory control system, they just throw a "well, we'll try to fufill it but no promises, ok?" on their order updates. Ugh.

[quote name='supadupacheap']May be old news but....

Product Line 1: ESPN NHL 2K5

Product ID: 2918089

Im curious if anybody HASNT had a game they ordered go backorder. As far as the backorder goes, I guess we should all just hope for the best and if it doesnt work out, at least we got to try for it.[/quote]

I ordered nhl 2k5 and I didn't get a back order notice for it. I ordered it at the same time I ordered burnout and phantom brave and got notices for those 2, so NHL going backordered might be a recent thing.

Man this sucks you may never get the FReaking game

The following item from your order is currently on backorder. While we
cannot deliver the item as quickly as anticipated, we expect to deliver
within 30 days. For your convenience, we will alert you by email as
soon as additional information is available.

------------------------
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
------------------------

Product Line 1: Phantom Brave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do not wish to wait, you may request a cancellation for your
order, provided that the item has not shipped. If we do not hear from you
before we ship the items, we will assume you have agreed to the
shipment delay.

If we cannot deliver your item within 30 days, a cancellation will be
processed automatically.

That means they can turn around say they never got anymore in stock and NEVER SEND YOUR ITEM. SInce if they dont send it within 30 days THEY DONT HAVE TO SEND IT AT ALL.

kind of sucks now im stucking paying 25 bucks just for gallop racer

[quote name='A7las']backordered: Phantom Brave and DW:Empires

i put in my order at about 815pm EST[/quote]
I got my order n about a half houre after the deal broke. I got a backorder notive for Phantom Brave but nothing abot DW4. Maybe I got a copy before it went OOS.

got a question DO they charge the full amount to your CC if the game is backorder cause its showing they are going to charge the whole amount

[quote name='slidecage']got a question DO they charge the full amount to your CC if the game is backorder cause its showing they are going to charge the whole amount[/quote]

I doubt it. You'll have a full temp charge, but the actual charge will only be applied when they ship the items.

My order status now says "sourced", when I click on that it says the order has been sent to the supplier. Is this what everyone means by back-ordered?

Where does it actually say that it's backordered? I clicked on the Burnout 3 link, and it is directly added to my cart. Am I missing something?

[quote name='Eric467']My order status now says "sourced", when I click on that it says the order has been sent to the supplier. Is this what everyone means by back-ordered?[/quote]

Im thinking he got in before backorders. I ve not seen anybody mentioned "sourced" yet. Sounds promising for him, although, I wonder what he ordered....

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Eric467']My order status now says "sourced", when I click on that it says the order has been sent to the supplier. Is this what everyone means by back-ordered?[/quote]

Im thinking he got in before backorders. I ve not seen anybody mentioned "sourced" yet. Sounds promising for him, although, I wonder what he ordered....[/quote]

I just ordered Viewtiful Joe, and ithe order page still says $17.xx, the cheap price. I did order early this afternoon, as soon as I visited this site.

Tried to order Phantom Brave and Burnout twice, but each time, they just ended up cancelling the order saying that they cant get proper authorization, cancelling the order for "my protection." Anyone else have this happen to them?

[quote name='uoweme']Tried to order Phantom Brave and Burnout twice, but each time, they just ended up cancelling the order saying that they cant get proper authorization, cancelling the order for "my protection." Anyone else have this happen to them?[/quote]

It happened to me too. I figured it was because I used a generated single-use credit card number. I am trying to reorder again, but unfortunately since 6 hrs have passed, I will be on that long backorder list. Oh yeah, I noticed something else when I ordered the second time: they charged me 12 cents more tax than the first time.

[quote name='uoweme']Tried to order Phantom Brave and Burnout twice, but each time, they just ended up cancelling the order saying that they cant get proper authorization, cancelling the order for "my protection." Anyone else have this happen to them?[/quote]

Yep. Had it happen. Guess my second attempt will end up the same way. Oh well.

I got that when I used the Paypal debit card, and I looked at my statement and they never attempted to make a charge. I'm gonna reorder with a regular card and see what's up.

Dave Olson

My order for Phantom Brave, Burnout 3, Viewtiful Joe, Terminator 3: Redemption, and Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, placed at 11:26AM states "Sourced" for each item. Clicking on "Sourced" pops up a window that states "Processing
This item has gone to the supplier to process. Additional status will be provided shortly."

Holy fuck, what have I started!?

Dude, do you guys realize that we brought Sony.com to a screeching halt today? I mean it literally buckled because of us. One of the biggest retailers in the world got owned by at least 10,000 people trying to get Phantom Brave at once.

WE RULE!

So I Just bought Viewtiful Joe and it said nothing about backordering. Will it notify me by email? Will I still get it for the same price when it does come back in stock? Are these games even coming back in stock? Any updates anyone?

I could have ordered PB when just the Burnout 3 deal was up but I waited hours to decide... Oh well. Probably better off not spending more money.

[quote name='guessed']My order for Phantom Brave, Burnout 3, Viewtiful Joe, Terminator 3: Redemption, and Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, placed at 11:26AM states "Sourced" for each item. Clicking on "Sourced" pops up a window that states "Processing
This item has gone to the supplier to process. Additional status will be provided shortly."[/quote]

hopefully there were not enough orders between 11:26 and 11:41 to make me not get a copy of PB

EDIT:when I click the order number, my copy says sourced

[quote name='chief928']So I Just bought Viewtiful Joe and it said nothing about backordering. Will it notify me by email? Will I still get it for the same price when it does come back in stock? Are these games even coming back in stock? Any updates anyone?[/quote]

Since all the games are relatively new I would think many of them would come back into stock within 30 days. Phantom Brave may be the only question mark.

[quote name='guessed']My order for Phantom Brave, Burnout 3, Viewtiful Joe, Terminator 3: Redemption, and Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, placed at 11:26AM states "Sourced" for each item. Clicking on "Sourced" pops up a window that states "Processing
This item has gone to the supplier to process. Additional status will be provided shortly."[/quote]

I ordered Burnout 3 at 5:30 PM when everybody started saying it was backordered, But I haven't got an Email saying it was backordered and it says "sourced" on the site....

I wonder if being part of the GAP does anything for you because it is the Playstation.com site....

^ maybe it does. Maybe being part of the GAP gives us first dibs on games. I dont think it wouldnt matter to me though because I got my Burnout 3 order in at like 10:45 this morning pacific time.

I say MOnday morning we all get emails saying the prices are wrong and all orders are CANCELLED

i will probally go to target tomorrow and get the brave game at least it be in my hand for 25

Awesome! Thanks for the link! I bought Gallop Racer 2004 on release day from EB for $50 but haven't opened it yet. Now I can get this for $20 and return my copy and get my money back.

i think Eb only takes games back for 14 days didnt the game come out Aug 31

either way i be holding on to it a little longer none knows for sure these prices are real

[quote name='slidecage']i think Eb only takes games back for 14 days didnt the game come out Aug 31

either way i be holding on to it a little longer none knows for sure these prices are real[/quote]

Are you serious? My receipt says Sept 2, so it's been longer than 14 days. Are you sure that isn't their used return policy? Most places let you do returns after 30 days, but I do realize that this is EB we are talking about....

bread's done
Back