Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I hit Vanguard level 3 and was just straight up given a legendary weapon (instead of an engram). It was the same damn pulse rifle I've been using for hours (the one and only legendary I got from 3-4 hours of loot cave farming). D'oh!

I'm on a long-running exotic bounty with the following steps so far:

- Find something in a chest on Mars (it was some sort of broken old weapon)
- Return that to the weaponsmith
- He told me to take it to Xur.
- Xur took one of my precious coins (leaving me at 10 or 11 so I'm just short of getting some much-needed gauntlets) and then told me I had to get 500 kills with a machine gun.

Does anyone know where this eventually leads? Do I get an exotic machine gun as a result?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit Vanguard level 3 and was just straight up given a legendary weapon (instead of an engram). It was the same damn pulse rifle I've been using for hours (the one and only legendary I got from 3-4 hours of loot cave farming). D'oh!

- Xur took one of my precious coins (leaving me at 10 or 11 so I'm just short of getting some much-needed gauntlets) and then told me I had to get 500 kills with a machine gun.

Does anyone know where this eventually leads? Do I get an exotic machine gun as a result?
Not 100% sure but I think you get a machine gun. I'm currently doing the exotic bounty for the fusion rifle and that's a pain as well (200 kills in the weekly nightfall).

I got a legendary engram from the new loot cave in about 20 mins. Not bad. I still love the first cave better though.

It's called Super Good Advice.

You can always google the bounty names to figure out which one produces what weapon.

Bahahah I love the last line

• Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...
I guess theres no point in holding off decrypting my engrams then! Sucks! Wonder what the percentages of legendary engrams converting to actual legendaries now before the upcoming patch. 1:100? Sheesh! Bungie just trolling but in happy for the news considering im doing the 25 strikes thing. Might have to hold off some of them so i can get good drops too. Hmmm...

My next goal in Destiny is to get Hardlight and Icebreaker. And to beat the Raid.
Got the icebreaker from the cyptarch! Thats the only exitic i have right now. That is one awesome weapon. I usually use it alot during strikes to kill off majors and ultras. No need for to find ammo as it refills by itself. Might have to max that weapon up first. Hehe!

Draekon said:
It's called Super Good Advice.

You can always google the bounty names to figure out which one produces what weapon.
Thanks. Well, I have no idea what the bounty name is. Yeah, sure, I could have found it some way but it is easier to ask you guys ;).

That one with the Nightfall strike kills does sound like a pain. I have yet to do that at all due to the lack of matchmaking there.

But getting 500 kills with the machine gun isn't all that hard. I was doing other stuff last night (patrols, 200 fallen headshot kills, waiting for walker events, farming helium coils, etc) and got 300+ done while I was just messing around. The hardest part is simply running out of ammo and having to wait to find more.

So I got my Queen's bounty level to 1 finally last night. That took so many bounties I'm not sure it is worth trying to get it to 3. The level 1 shader is pretty cool, though, and looks nice with the Queen's gear.

I think another change they could make is to allow you to have more than 5 bounties active at one time. I don't even do the Crucible ones but when adding the Vanguard and Queen's (plus my current long-running exotic one) there isn't much room for overlap. I like it when I can work on 2 or 3 at once (like I currently have the walker one and getting gold on 3 public events).

Finally got my first Exotic bounty today (Super Good Advice). Was surprised at how easy it was. I think it took like 1 hour.

I almost had a heart attack earlier when I saw the next step in my fusion rifle exotic bounty was to get 10,000 kills in the crucible.  I guess that is a bad description because all the guides online say its earning 10,000 points, which is a lot easier.

I wish i could have two exotic pieces of armor on the same time :(

Someone on reddit has a theory that emblems you buy from the speaker are actually hidden buffs.

I suppose you wouldn't take another Sunsinger with you ? :lol: I have a friend who's a lvl 28 Hunter. We could fill up two. Haha
Sunsinger is great for the raid with Fireborn. Would be great! Add GThirst. Will be doing the raid again tomorrow. I joined a party and only did the very last boss.

So, this seriously happened last night after playing a dozen or so regular Crucible Control matches:

Rare_Crucible.jpg

:whee:

I had no idea receiving an exotic weapon reward was even possible from the Crucible. I have seen 4-5 legendary engrams rewarded but never a legendary or exotic weapon. I was extremely blown away to get the Truth rocket launcher. I can only imagine how pissed the top 3 finishers were after seeing that and I don't blame them at all. Just goes to show how random rewards really are across the board.

Also, I swear I was playing against a team of all Bladedancers with shotguns. :whistle2:

In one game of pvp, i purposedly finished last in points and got nothing while the number one guy got some stuff. 

I could use some CAGs for either a level 28 weekly heroic strike because I need the 9 strange coins or for some raid runs. Mind you however I am on the X1 currently (ps4 characters is still only 16 haha)

I am a level 28 Sunsinger by the way, just go ahead and add me and shoot me a message.

I played a few more of the queen missions and ended up with the sniper again. This time it had solar effect and had 2-3 attributes better than the first one i did, but these improvements were really a small sliver of upgrade, almost identical. But just found it interesting that there werent the exact same as far as abilities go.

I could use some CAGs for either a level 28 weekly heroic strike because I need the 9 strange coins or for some raid runs. Mind you however I am on the X1 currently (ps4 characters is still only 16 haha)

I am a level 28 Sunsinger by the way, just go ahead and add me and shoot me a message.
Just FYI, I was able to solo the weekly strike on level 28 as a 28 sunsinger without much problem. Bring a solar fusion for the boss fight, and it'll one-shot every add (as well as most other mobs on the way). The seeker grenades will also tear up mobs.

I almost had a heart attack earlier when I saw the next step in my fusion rifle exotic bounty was to get 10,000 kills in the crucible. I guess that is a bad description because all the guides online say its earning 10,000 points, which is a lot easier.
I think it says "10,000 points from kills" or something like that. I never did figure out exactly how it counts points. I'm assuming it doesn't count points from capturing control spots and stuff, but it definitely doesn't count all your points. Took me probably a dozen matches, but I was sucking pretty hard that day.

The 10k points is for the Pulse Rifle, Bad Juju, not the Fusion Rifle Pocket Infinity. The points are awarded as thus:

75 points for a Warlock kill or assist

25 points for a Titan or Hunter kill or assist

So did anyone buy some exotics from xur this week? I finally have like 23 coins but couldnt pull the trigger. Ghe hunter helmet looks nice but the stats and abilities were like meh and the suros seems like not a good buy.

Im still rocking my max level 18 max regulator. Havent found any lvl 20 hand cannons. engrams turn up to always be secondary weapon or heavy weapon or a scout which i have tons. Grrr

Ohh and btw i had an awesome time playing all 3 difficulties of the weekly strikes with gujimmy and madvasgt. That sniping spot was a blessing in disguise. Hehe! Good work!

OK, looking for some info/advice with my current progress...

I'm currently stuck at Lvl 21 3/4 on my Titan.  Been like this since the previous night even though I've done a bunch of bounties, public events and a few strikes.

Basically haven't gotten any armor with more light than my original drops from a few nights ago.

Trying to understand if it's because I haven't progressed the story line.  Or do I NEED to align myself with one of the factions.

At this pace I won't be anywhere close to trying the Queen's strike missions, let alone ANY of the gear.

BTW, got a shader drop that kinda makes my Titan look rather Masterchief-y

It's better than looking like a busta-scrub who wears anything they find for free ;)

Oh and any PS3 players looking to team up for strikes, let me know; PSN=WiiDaLoser

Tried a 22 lvl strike last night with randoms that kinda soured me on the experience, for now.  So I'd rather try with CAGs and hopefully have a better outcome.

Anyone unable to sign into PSN? It seems to be mainly affecting older accounts... my newer gameshare can sign in fine, but my primary account has been giving an error. Googled it a bunch of people on Sony's forums are having the same problem.

[attachment=8532:No Loot.PNG]

Love it... Top player with best K:D and nothing. I get that bungie wanted to make it fair so everyone had a chance at scoring loot in MP, but why randomly reward people who A) sucked dick or B) contributed nothing to the match (joined in 3/4 of the way through)

My group is planning on raiding tonight, in about 3 hours from now. Full clearing, if anyone (27 preferred) wants to join us just send me a message on PSN: Defynorz

Don't care if you have experience or not.

My group is planning on raiding tonight, in about 3 hours from now. Full clearing, if anyone (27 preferred) wants to join us just send me a message on PSN: Defynorz

Don't care if you have experience or not.
Hey, I raided with you guys before! I'll shoot you a message later to see if you have room. (lvl 28 now)

Yeah I can't add any friends on PSN right now. Then entire thing is busted. Is there a way to add people to your fireteam without having them on your friend list?

wow. no invite 7th. :lol:
Sorry, this time i was invited into someone elses raid. We will definitely have to do a CAGcast raid soon. :D

BTW during the raid i got the Hezen Vengeance Rocket Launcher, Praedyths Revenge Sniper for the 2nd time, and Gloves of the Hezen Lords. Other than that just the Chatterwhite shader for beating the raid and some ascendent stuff.

Interesting find:

For the Queen's Wrath event, if you are wearing the buyable Shader and Emblem from the Queen your Queen's Bounties give bonus Queen Reputation.  What normally would give +50 reputation gave me +60, and what would normally give +100 gave +121.  This was testing using the Rank 1 available Queen's items (1 shader and 1 emblem).

Boom shaka laka.

Interesting find:

For the Queen's Wrath event, if you are wearing the buyable Shader and Emblem from the Queen your Queen's Bounties give bonus Queen Reputation. What normally would give +50 reputation gave me +60, and what would normally give +100 gave +121. This was testing using the Rank 1 available Queen's items (1 shader and 1 emblem).

Boom shaka laka.
1 Shader = +10% Gain

1 Emblem = +10% Gain

1 Class Item = +10% Gain

Of course it stacks up to 30%. This doesn't translate to the other three reputations as far as I know or else it would have been reported by now and I believe people tested after learning the Queen's Wrath bonus. It probably will with Iron Banner when it comes up (Next weekend I think?).

I'm on the cusp of hitting lvl26. I don't have any of the upgrade materials, though, and farming for helium tanks and spirit blooms isn't really my idea of fun. UGH but I really want to be able to give the raid a try.

Bungie needs to nerf the Warlock and Titan classes hard. Regardless of what skill tree they use, they have the ability to insta-kill anyone with one melee hit. The warp ability the Warlock possesses makes the shotgun waaaaaaaay too good. The Hunter class can only kill with melee with the Bladedancer tree equipped. Otherwise, it's the 1/1000 shot you land a headshot with the throwing knife.

Finally got 1 freaking legendary after beating the earth mission for the queen solo... fml those little robots suck b@lls

This gun. So beautiful.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeIlojbuz0[/media]

Too bad you can only get it for beating Vault of Glass on Hard. And it's not even a guranteed drop. 

bread's done
Back