Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Langdon, I gave away my codes. But if you preorder Black Ops III through Amazon, they send you an email immediately. Somebody said they had extra codes last night during the raid... iGnatia maybe?

I'm waiting on my summoning notice from Variks. It that's come in, I'd definitely like to run PoE.

Dont think I didnt see you sluts doing VOG after everyone said they didnt want to LOL

I got another dryrot from a poe 28...I dont need this many...did they say if etheric light is going away or if we can still ascend old stuff since old stuff will still drop from old content?

I would be down for poe 34s langdon but probably later in the evening like 9 central or this weekend. I want more etheric light and I have a cypher on my titan that needs leveled up.

I want to do Skolas this week please. Jimmy would you be up for one more go at it if there's no light switch?
It is small arms and lightswitch this week. Last night Daver asked if we could help him. So i guess we are getting a line of people now. LOL

1. Daver

2. Tukai

Dance Guardian Dance members get this service free, non members must pay $20 dollars. ;)

It is small arms and lightswitch this week. Last night Daver asked if we could help him. So i guess we are getting a line of people now. LOL

1. Daver

2. Tukai

Dance Guardian Dance members get this service free, non members must pay $20 dollars. ;)
Or one lighthouse visit.

Matt has been begging you for a couple weeks for skolas as he needs it for his emblem...no one trusts me compared to 7 and jimmy. I tried again the other night with 2 warlocks and my titan and the 3rd time they caused a wipe with no rez I quit and went to bed. We were done with the second round of mines at that point and I was so pissed they couldnt keep it together long enough to finish. I was wiped in my bubble by a mele captain one hit and all they had to do was rotate but they fucked it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait Tukai have you beaten skolas before? Honestly i dont mind helping people do it their first time, but imo i dont like doing it for fun. LOL. I havent been getting any elemental primaries the last 2-3 times, and they are going to be worthless after TTK comes out. I havent even gotten an exotic from the chest in a long time. If you are looking for Cyphers, might be better of running 34 POE. Not saying i wont help, but i know a couple guys already that need help that havent done it yet.

Wait Tukai have you beaten skolas before? Honestly i dont mind helping people do it their first time, but imo i dont like doing it for fun. LOL. I havent been getting any elemental primaries the last 2-3 times, and they are going to be worthless after TTK comes out. I havent even gotten an exotic from the chest in a long time. If you are looking for Cyphers, might be better of running 34 POE. Not saying i wont help, but i know a couple guys already that need help that havent done it yet.
I've beaten it once before. I am just trying to get one more cypher for the queensbreaker bow. I had done 34 quite a few times and only got the cypher one time.

I'm just going to get those exotics once I'm level 40 and skolas can eat my suros 2 electic boogaloo.

I didnt realize you did it yet matt you are supposed to update your destiny diary here so I can keep track.

1. Daver

2. Tukai

Sadly I would probably pay the 20$ to get the Skolas run done. Its the last thing I need for my Triumph :(

Beyond getting the PoE ciphers & a Crux for the collection the only thing I really need before TTK drops is to take down Skolas. I've made a stupid pact with myself to beat Skolas before pre-ordering TTK. Thankfully there's still 19 days and 6 hours left to do this.

Oh, you didn't see it?

dearest Destiny diary - Beat Skolas tonight for the very first time. Jimmy and 7th were the most gentle, caring of instructors, Skolas was nary a trifle. I do declare they made it seem as natural and normal as church on Sunday. Well, I'm still flush with victory, I do believe I should have a lie down before this fit of the vapors completely overtakes me. Yours eternally, Matthew

There's more like 25 days til Taken King comes out.

I am still waiting on Variks to summon me for my first Elder Cipher and I also need the Crux. Never got that damn Pocket Infinity bounty offered to me either, and I want the Grimoire.

I am still waiting on Variks to summon me for my first Elder Cipher and I also need the Crux. Never got that damn Pocket Infinity bounty offered to me either, and I want the Grimoire.
Yeah you're right, 25 days until TTK is released. I was just going off the Moments of Triumph page countdown since Skolas is my last obstacle. It's strange why that doesn't lineup very closely with the TTK release date.

I you are carrying any exotic bounty with you then the PI bounty will not drop.

I thought about doing a bunch of prep for TTK like getting all my factions close to rank up, maxing marks, etc. but I'll probably not do any of that and just play when it comes out to see where it takes me.

Also: 50 salvage wins to go!

Are there any good lighthousers who plan on doing trials tomorrow when it goes live? I know a few of you talk about already being at the lighthouse before most people have even started. I'll be on until about 6PM tomorrow and would be interested in tagging along.

More Dragon strikes last night and I got my first Hopscotch Pilgrim :D/ .

A couple of strikes later I received my first High Road Soldier :whistle2:$

Took about 14 rolls but was able to get HP with Red Dot sights, Outlaw, Braced Frame & Hidden Hand; just need to max it out.

I'll mess around with a different roll if I can ever get a 2nd HP

My HRS dropped stock with Luck in the chamber and crowd control,  but I'll need to research a bit more to know how good that may be.  Sharded my plain-Jane Scholar as soon as it dropped.

So for me, it took roughly 100 strikes for HP to drop and a couple more for HRS.  My Dry Rot dropped around 50-60 strike range.

Okay Tukai, i mean you dont need me at all then. I guess i kind of threw myself into the conversation because usually its Jimmy and I that help out a 3rd. But thats cool.

Jimmy and 7 sitting in a POE k - i - l - l - i - n - g

:D/

This is funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCplz9kr-nc

I you are carrying any exotic bounty with you then the PI bounty will not drop.
That's weird. I have definitely carried 2 exotic bounties at one time before. But the majority of my time spent with this game, I haven't been carrying anym I've had all others offered except for that one.

I had the best luck getting exotics bounties by turning in a bunch at once; like 5-6-7 bounties at a time.  Keep that up consistently on the same toon and it shouldn't be too long before exotics appear.  But the PI and SGA bounties are rarer, in general.  Think I've had about 7 PI and 4 SGA show.

New Bungie Update is out.  https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13414

Here are a few highlights:

Did you redesign Gjallarhorn?
  • Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels

How will you calculate the new numbers you’ll assign to my Guardians in Year Two?
  • We’ll determine your level based on the gear in your inventory and your Vault
  • Don’t dismantle your best stuff before you begin your Year Two adventure
VIP Rewards:  The Guardians from Destiny Year One are not just players. You are the founders of a new and vibrant community. To us, you’re VIPs. When the new kids stroll into the Tower, they’ll know who you are. You’ll be the shadowy figures clad in the stripes of a Tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpi-uWDF_Z8&feature=youtu.be

And here's a shopping guide if you're still confused about which version of TTK to buy:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13344

There's fewer things more satisfying in Crucible than getting a kill on someone acting like a douchebag.

This dude was running around t-bagging people, despite being on the bottom of the leaderboard and not actually getting kills himself. Then he's using self-res in Crucible like a dummy, so I put him in his place:

qklurX3.gif

There's fewer things more satisfying in Crucible than getting a kill on someone acting like a douchebag.

This dude was running around t-bagging people, despite being on the bottom of the leaderboard and not actually getting kills himself. Then he's using self-res in Crucible like a dummy, so I put him in his place:
It's usually the terrible players with 0.7 k/d that does it everytime too.

I'm about to make a really rash decision, and walk out of best buy with the Batman ps4 bundle. Apparently it also includes a free copy of vanilla Destiny or Far Cry 4. Someone talk me out if it.....or not :)

bread's done
Back