Eddie Guerrero's wrestling topic (RIP 1967 - 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP
very sad to hear, especially when it comes out of nowhere.

I remember when the WCW guys debuted on WWE and Eddie did a frog splash and his very first WWE match his elbow popped and he was out for months. But he fought hard to come back. Always a dedicated and tenacious wrestler.

Is there any specualtion what could've caused such a sudden death? It's almost terrifying to think how a life could end just like that

[quote name='mykevermin']RAW SPOILERS

Afterwards, all the wrestlers came out. Chris Benoit was crying from the moment he came out of the curtain, and was perhaps more emotional than anyone. Vince McMahon then said some words about Eddie: "Eddie Guerrero has passed away. Eddie was in the prime of his life, in the prime of his career. Tonight we celebrate the life of Eddie Guerrero. He loved the business. He had a passion like no one else. Whether cheered or booed, he loved to perform for the fans. Eddie Guerrero's goal every night was to steal the show. He would want the show to go on. And so we shall."

They had a 10-bell salute for Eddie, and the crowd was silent for it. After this, they aired a tribute video set to Johnny Cash's rendition of the Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt." When the video was done, Vince said, "Viva La Raza!" Pretty much everyone was out for this, including Shane McMahon, who was crying as well. The fans chanted "Thank you, Eddie!"

END SPOILERS

So that's just the first segment; I **KNOW** I'm gonna bawl like a baby at that video, given my fixation with that particular musician.[/QUOTE]

i thought RAW was live every week???

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyway we can get a screencap guyver?!?![/QUOTE]

well im unfortunately still on dialup..but ill see what i can do.. im not going to be able to get the whole segment most probably but ill try to up atleast something tonight

quality will prob be bad though

[quote name='bostonfrontier']damn............. I guess all the drugs and crap they take results in this,huh[/QUOTE]

Yeah - pain killers and steroids - it sucks but there is a reason these drugs are illegal. In alot of ways these guys are modern day gladiators.

fuck.

This sucks, if only because he was one of the guys that made an effort and turned himself around. At the very least, my last memories of him will be busting his ass in the ring and putting on a good show instead of the utter mess of a human being so many people become. He cleaned himself up, won his job back, and climbed to the top of the promotion and for that he will always be remembered.

RIP Eddie, you will be missed.

I just found out and I am in shock. Me and my son loved to watch his matches, whether he was good or bad. He will be missed. RIP

MY GOD!!! TNA Genesis has been insane...

SPOILERS

Samoa Joe bloodied and beat the shit out of Christopher Daniels after the 4 on 4 match.

Abyss vs Sabu was just insane.

End of spoilers.

I was at Smackdown, it was certainly sureal because the after the show dark match was supposed to be Batista and Randy Orton. Orton was already on his way to the ring before it was clear Batista was hurt.

Eddie was in top form on the show.

Holy fucking shit!

I just started getting back into liking this deal Monday. I saw him on Friday, and was surprised he was still around.

I cannot believe this. I loved this guy. I'll definitely watch Raw tomorrow. Man, this is horrible news. Rest in peace, Eddie.

Wow. I definitely didn't expect this and was really looking forward to him winning the title tonight. I know it's already been said 100 times or so in here, but R.I.P. You'll be missed Eddie.

If anyone could make me one of those Eddie sigs or just let me steal theirs that'd be great.

[quote name='Genocidal']Wow. I definitely didn't expect this and was really looking forward to him winning the title tonight. I know it's already been said 100 times or so in here, but R.I.P. You'll be missed Eddie.

If anyone could make me one of those Eddie sigs or just let me steal theirs that'd be great.[/QUOTE]WWE is supposed to have more pics online later. I am going to wait on making some until they are online.

This is a huge ass shock to me. I didn't think it be true. I mean okay he had drug problems as a kid? but damn ahh he will be missed greatly by me =[. Thanks for all those years of entertainment.

Rest In Peace Eddie Guerrero

And wow.. in Minneapolis too. That is some shit.

RIP Eddie, this came out of nowhere for me and I would expect a lot of other people too. Shame because he's been sober for awhile now and he was at the prime of his career.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']This is a huge ass shock to me. I didn't think it be true. I mean okay he had drug problems as a kid? but damn ahh he will be missed greatly by me =[. Thanks for all those years of entertainment.

Rest In Peace Eddie Guerrero

And wow.. in Minneapolis too. That is some shit.[/QUOTE]

I know, my friend and I were actually planning on going to the show that was tonight too but ended up changing our minds. Its too bad because I have a feeling it was a hell of a tribute show.

RIP Eddie

I just cannot believe this... this is so unbelievably sad. The irony of him being set to win the championship and all... hopefully Raw and SD will be tribute shows to Eddie Guerrero, he deserves it.

My plan was to have Scorch put up the Benoit topic... and then do an Eddie topic since their careers have had so much in common; this isn't the way things were supposed to happen :( RIP Eddie Guerrero, you will be missed.

[quote name='guyver2077']damn that was awesome.. im encoding his intro now.. sorry cant do the whole promo as my connection sucks ass...[/QUOTE]

Yeah 56k sucks, I can't wait to see the into. I hope Christian going to TNA will help make more WWE wrestlers want to jump ship.

Horsey can have the Benoit topic after this one. I'd like to extend this one to 1000 posts, but who knows.

Where is Saucy Jack?

//me has avoided Raw spoilers

C1.jpg

http://www.themiamifamily.com/Videos/christian1.WMV

Ya, let's let this go until 1000, Eddie deserves it. Nice to see that the megashow was indeed turned into a tribute show. I'm still in shock here... Eddie Guerrero was one of my favorite wrestlers.

[quote name='slidecage']RVD wishes he could do as good as a frog splash eddie did[/QUOTE]

Nobody gets as high as R-V-D.

[quote name='King of Swing']R.I.P. First Candido and now Guerrero.

I don't know how much more of this I can stomach...[/QUOTE]

I honestly figured Scott Hall or Scott Steiner would have died before Eddie.

[quote name='King of Swing']R.I.P. First Candido and now Guerrero.

I don't know how much more of this I can stomach...[/QUOTE]

I was just about to point that out. The really sad part is that Candido had gotten clean as well and was starting to make his comeback. I hope this serves as a wake-up call to some of the wrestlers the damage steroids will do. I'm afraid it will mostly fall, though, on deaf ears.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I honestly figured Scott Hall or Scott Steiner would have died before Eddie.[/QUOTE]

A friend of a friend saw Scott Steiner at the local ice arena last week and said he looked awful. It's coming, I'm afraid.

For some reason, to me, "Christian Cage" just seems to fit him better.

Man, I really need to start tuning in to TNA.

//edit: I'm suprised Steiner is still alive. And as mentioned before, I figured Hall would go before Eddie. I'm suprised Tammy hasn't OD'ed after Chris's death.

[quote name='Scorch']For some reason, to me, "Christian Cage" just seems to fit him better.

Man, I really need to start tuning in to TNA.[/QUOTE]

Rhino, Team 3-D, Christian Cage, it seems about every 6-8 weeks they acquire WWE talent. My next guess (I hope)...Benoit. Of course, Batista could end up dropping the belt to him now, possibly. At this point, w/Batista's injury and Eddie's passing, Smackdown is sliding into chaos.

[quote name='Scorch']For some reason, to me, "Christian Cage" just seems to fit him better.

Man, I really need to start tuning in to TNA.

//edit: I'm suprised Steiner is still alive. And as mentioned before, I figured Hall would go before Eddie. I'm suprised Tammy hasn't OD'ed after Chris's death.[/QUOTE]

Although we don't know the real reasons for Eddie's death, I really wonder if the WWE's brutal schedule could be a factor as well. Steroids aren't just to build muscle, they are used to recover from fatigue faster as well.

damn I can't believe this happen. I loved watching wrestling every week to see Eddie Guerrero. He actually made me laugh as opposed to any of the other wrestlers. I just finished watching Friday Night Smackdown on my TIVO before finding out he had passed away. After watching it I hoped online to my sbcyahoo mail account to check my mail, and saw in the breaking news "Wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead", and I was like holy shit. Thanks for all the memories Eddie, R.I.P.

Raw will be from England 11/21 so that will most likely be on tape delay. These guys are going to have start an overseas tour less than 4 days after Eddie's death. I just hope Chavo, Benoit, Mysterio and some others are able to attend a memorial service for him.

This is unbelievable. I was at GameFAQs of all places, and I see a thread entitled "Moment of silence for Eddie." Didn't want to think much of it, but then I noticed an unusual amount of Eddie threads at the top of the list. It slowly dawned on me that something terrible must have happened... I went straight to the wrestling forum I usually go to and there it was, "Eddie Guererro has passed away." Then WWE.com.... wow. Just wow. I just IMed my brother and told him to go to WWE.com. My parents were stunned and saddened when I told them.

I really don't know what to say, this is just terrible. Rest in peace Eddie :whistle2:(

[quote name='BustaUppa']This is unbelievable. I was at GameFAQs of all places, and I see a thread entitled "Moment of silence for Eddie." Didn't want to think much of it, but then I noticed an unusual amount of Eddie threads at the top of the list. It slowly dawned on me that something terrible must have happened... I went straight to the wrestling forum I usually go to and there it was, "Eddie Guererro has passed away." Then WWE.com.... wow. Just wow. I just IMed my brother and told him to go to WWE.com. My parents were stunned and saddened when I told them.

I really don't know what to say, this is just terrible. Rest in peace Eddie :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I actually checked out Gamefaqs too (I check any site that I knw had wrestling discussion). There was a point when every single thread on the first page was about Eddie.

I think the best move right now would be to put the SD title around the waist of Chris Benoit. Eddie would've wanted it that way.

I doubt anyone on the active roster (aside from Chavo) has been hit as hard as Benoit by this, remember, it was Benoit who was also heavily hit by Owen's death, despite being in WCW at the time, and it was Benoit who was selected to wrestle Bret Hart in his first match after Owen died.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think the best move right now would be to put the SD title around the waist of Chris Benoit. Eddie would've wanted it that way.

I doubt anyone on the active roster (aside from Chavo) has been hit as hard as Benoit by this, remember, it was Benoit who was also heavily hit by Owen's death, despite being in WCW at the time, and it was Benoit who was selected to wrestle Bret Hart in his first match after Owen died.[/QUOTE]I know what you mean. I imagine Benoit and Rey Rey must be hit especially hard by this. Perhaps Benoit vs. Rey in a tribute match?

They could do that for the title... But I think Chavo should be included in the tribute match, unless they have more than one.

Chavo vs. Benoit vs. Rey vs. Malenko (if he can wrestle)?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think the best move right now would be to put the SD title around the waist of Chris Benoit. Eddie would've wanted it that way.

I doubt anyone on the active roster (aside from Chavo) has been hit as hard as Benoit by this, remember, it was Benoit who was also heavily hit by Owen's death, despite being in WCW at the time, and it was Benoit who was selected to wrestle Bret Hart in his first match after Owen died.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you on that. I am not looking forward to Raw tommorow. It's gonna be a VERY emotional show, I can already tell.

Just as Smackdown looked to be getting better, this happens. What a damn shame.

[quote name='Matt Young']They could do that for the title... But I think Chavo should be included in the tribute match, unless they have more than one.

Chavo vs. Benoit vs. Rey vs. Malenko (if he can wrestle)?[/QUOTE]

How about throwing in Batista as a special ref, is he's capable? Otherwise Malenko would be the ref. I can't see Chavo keeping his Kerwin gimmick after this.

I can't think of any sport that has ever had a star that was as big as Eddie Guerrero die in his prime. The closest thing I can compare this to is the death of Reggie White, shortly after his retirement. This would be like losing A-Rod or Tracy McGrady for the MLB or NBA. I think Survivor Series should also be dedicated towards Guerrero, I'm somewhat tempted to go to the show now, assuming I can get tickets... and can overcome everything that has happened in my personal life and go to JLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back