Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the point is that people are skeptical that either 200k is limited or it's going to be limited at all. So until Bethesda puts in a brochure or posts it on their website, it's not confirmed.

Either way, I'm in for $30 and I'm not going to sweat it if it doesn't have all of the DLC. I haven't played it at all so I won't know what I'm missing.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Sorry I mistyped. I'm on vicodin lol. I meant "How do you know it is limted?" That's the point I was making this entire time before I mistyped in my last post. So, how do you know? My point is that this "nitrobeard" guy (yeah I realize it is a website) might not know his asshole from a hole in the wall. So, how is the info you posted is true at all? NITROBEARD KNOWS!!! LOL derp http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8504203&postcount=7202[/QUOTE]

Two facts I've seen Nitrobeard post have already been proven wrong. The 200k number was revealed to be an estimate and not a real figure, and as far as only mom and pop places ordering... I guess that's why we can preorder on Overstock, Best Buy, and Amazon? Because they're just Mom and Pop places?

I don't trust anyone who says "word on the street" as a way of justifying their shoddy facts.

I apologize ssjmichael if I offended you. I was really just joking around with the derps and stuff. Nitrobeard might be right I dunno. mitnosi is right. Sorry ssjmichael.

Yeah, and I apologize for the back and forth.

Just to clarify my stance and be done with it: I was mainly pointing out where this whole 200,000 business stemmed from. It was indeed posted by nitrobeard.com (written by someone named: Wes Gardner who works at a mom and pop retail store) first and copied by other media outlets. After everyone just ran with that number, I contacted them to find out more as I wanted to know where they got it from. Their email elaborated on how they came by that number (see previous page), and from that I believe it really wasn't as limited as what they claimed in the actual article.

So as of now, there is no confirmation that it's truly limited to 200K. Whether it's actually limited at all remains to be seen.

Hopefully that resolves everything :)

360 GOTY edition trades in for 20 bucks at BB, can basically upgrade to this edition for 10 bucks, or free if you consider the 10 dollar coupon for Skyrim if you planned to get that. As someone else alreaady pointed out, Shivering Isles normally goes for 30 bucks by itself (15 this week on sale) which is crazy for an expansion and that expansion adds hours of gameplay to a crazy long game already.

If you own this for the 360, its pretty cheap to upgrade to this copy if you have a hard on for steelbooks. If you dont own this game, this is the best way to own it, the extra content is cool plus the 10 dollars off Skyrim.

[quote name='kilik64']360 GOTY edition trades in for 20 bucks at BB, can basically upgrade to this edition for 10 bucks, or free if you consider the 10 dollar coupon for Skyrim if you planned to get that. As someone else alreaady pointed out, Shivering Isles normally goes for 30 bucks by itself (15 this week on sale) which is crazy for an expansion and that expansion adds hours of gameplay to a crazy long game already.

If you own this for the 360, its pretty cheap to upgrade to this copy if you have a hard on for steelbooks. If you dont own this game, this is the best way to own it, the extra content is cool plus the 10 dollars off Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

This!!! ^ (Even though my Shivering Isles point was referenced)

The thread is only 3 stars because of the people who says MSRP on anything (even if MSRP is 1000% worth it) isn't a deal and thus does not belong here. =/

ALSO, TROPHY SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I don't even own a PS3 and I'm pumped for the rest of you.)

Link: http://playstationlifestyle.net/201...ersary-edition-found-includes-trophy-support/

PSLS » DLC & Patches » Media » News » PS3 / PlayStation 3 » Rumor » Trophies
Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition Found, Includes Trophy Support?
05/25/2011 Written by Paulmichael Contreras

It may be hard to believe, but it’s been over four years since the last major entry in the Elder Scrolls series of games was released. For those who may have missed it the first time around, a special version described as the “Complete” edition has been seen online, and it may include some new functionality that trophy hunters are sure to enjoy.

Recently seen on retail giant Amazon.com, Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition is supposedly releasing on June 28th for the wallet-friendly price of $29.99. According to the back of the box art, this is the “Complete Oblivion Collection,” featuring the base game as well as the two released DLC packs, Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles.

In addition, a collectable “steelbook,” making of DVD, voucher for $10 off the upcoming sequel The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and a “full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles” will be packed in. Also spotted in the right-hand corner are the usual listings of what PlayStation Network feature(s) this game utilizes. One is “Add-on Content.” The other? “Trophies.” Yes, unless this is a rather clumsy typo or mistake, it looks like those thirsting for ever more trophies to stack on their virtual mantel will have yet another game to go back and thoroughly complete for a platinum trophy. Should this turn out to be a false listing, we will update you as soon as we have the information, but keep your hopes up trophy lovers!

Which is the definitive/better version of the game? PS3 or Xbox 360? I had the Elder Scrolls Game of the Year edition for 360 and beat it, but there were definitely some issues with it. Is the PS3 version any better?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Which is the definitive/better version of the game? PS3 or Xbox 360? I had the Elder Scrolls Game of the Year edition for 360 and beat it, but there were definitely some issues with it. Is the PS3 version any better?[/QUOTE]

I think the consensus is that they both have issues and to just get it for whatever platform you prefer. The PS3 version has better loading and some graphical improvements, but someone said the loading is off-set by installing it on the 360. The PS3 GOTY had a vampirism glitch that was never fixed. I believe it could be avoided however depending on when you started the expansions So to answer your question, the PS3 version likely isn't any better.

Has anyone tried contacting Bethesda about trophy support being added? I just shot them a email about it and will post if I get any kind of reply.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think the consensus is that they both have issues and to just get it for whatever platform you prefer. The PS3 version has better loading and some graphical improvements, but someone said the loading is off-set by installing it on the 360. The PS3 GOTY had a vampirism glitch that was never fixed. I believe it could be avoided however depending on when you started the expansions So to answer your question, the PS3 version likely isn't any better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can read that whole argument earlier in the thread, but if the PS3 is actually offering trophies, one could hope they'd fix a game-breaker like that.

[quote name='juzzak1dd']just pre-ordered ffrom Amazon. gotta love steelbook[/QUOTE]

Unless it's dented? BUM BUM BUMMMMM.

Really hoping for a definitive answer on the Trophies/PS3 bug soon. C'mon Bethesda, you answered about the friggin' coupon.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Unless it's dented? BUM BUM BUMMMMM.
[/QUOTE]

Then you tell them it was damaged in shipping and they will send you another. :p

[quote name='mitnosi']Then you tell them it was damaged in shipping and they will send you another. :p[/QUOTE]

And what if that one is dented? And the next? And the next? IT'S AN ENDLESS CYCLE.
But I would assume Amazon wouldn't think you were just trolling them, denting the steelbook over and over on purpose for some evil purpose.

Amazon usually allows one replacement. If the replacement is damaged too, you're SOL. They would ask you to return it for a refund instead.

Too bad MGS4 never got trophies. But I thought GameInformer said they asked about trophies for MGS4 and were told they were going to fix it or something.

i liked the interview with thq/volition about saint's row 2 on ps3 where they said 'this version will get special ps3 only trophies' never happened.
also waiting for the japan 50 cent blood on the sand trophy patch to show up here.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']And what if that one is dented? And the next? And the next? IT'S AN ENDLESS CYCLE.[/QUOTE]
No, they'll blackball you eventually, which is actually pretty scary because they are "very" good at filtering out new accounts if you try to sign up again. You would have to move, use completely different cards, etc.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'd be surprised if it had trophies[/QUOTE]

Same. The discs shown for the 360 version are exactly the same as the current 360 GOTY discs. I think they're too busy finishing Skyrim to worry about patching/modifying any of the code in Oblivion. It's one thing to have a few of your art guys work up some fancy new packaging, but its another matter entirely to start mucking with the game itself as opposed to just firing up the presses for another 200k discs.

All that said, yeah, I may well still get it.

[quote name='eau']Amazon usually allows one replacement. If the replacement is damaged too, you're SOL. They would ask you to return it for a refund instead.[/QUOTE]

A glass figurine I ordered for a great aunt was delivered broke three separate times. The second time I called Amazon and just said..she badly wanted it as it reminded her of her deceased brother but jesus ship it in better packaging! It was $40 or so from what I remember, Amazon placed a $40 promo credit and processed an overnight delivery of the third one with "quality control during shipment"...I could barely open the box due to the pieces.

I took a picture of me opening the box and emailed it to them. Apparently, the company supplying them to Amazon actually broke them pre-shipment and they didn't check product packaging. I got it for free and when I look now that company isn't listed :applause:

[quote name='eau']Amazon usually allows one replacement. If the replacement is damaged too, you're SOL. They would ask you to return it for a refund instead.[/QUOTE]

Not in my experience though. In fact, since they kept sending me a damaged product, I figured they would put some credit on my account as a "sorry" ...they didnt but they did pay for return shipping and next day delivery for the replacement (both times)

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Not in my experience though. In fact, since they kept sending me a damaged product, I figured they would put some credit on my account as a "sorry" ...they didnt but they did pay for return shipping and next day delivery for the replacement (both times)[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you weren't talking about a game. Their video game policy is very strict. They will replace it once. If the replacement is damaged, they will refund your money. They will not keep sending you more product that will just keep getting damaged. The only way around this is to order a second copy and hope that the second copy is good and then send the original damaged one back as a return for the second copy.

Where is the coupon anyway? Inside the game itself? If its limited and you want to keep it sealed; then you can't use the coupon. Unless its in the receipt.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm assuming you weren't talking about a game. Their video game policy is very strict. They will replace it once. If the replacement is damaged, they will refund your money. They will not keep sending you more product that will just keep getting damaged. The only way around this is to order a second copy and hope that the second copy is good and then send the original damaged one back as a return for the second copy.[/QUOTE]Actually, they'll do two replacements above and beyond the original order. If the item shows up three times damaged, they'll either offer you credit off of the item or have you send it back and get a full refund.

I went through this with a single BD/DVD combo pack order a while ago and went through it three times with the DVD disc being damaged three times. I eventually sent it back for the third time and then ordered the movie again on another, larger order, which came better packaged.

If you ordered this as a single item purchase or it won't ship with other items on the same order, it'll most likely end up in a bubble mailer and get damaged in shipment. My ME2 LE came this way and rather than ask them to replace a product they couldn't replace, I received a 20% discount off of the item's cost.

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, they'll do two replacements above and beyond the original order. If the item shows up three times damaged, they'll either offer you credit off of the item or have you send it back and get a full refund.

I went through this with a single BD/DVD combo pack order a while ago and went through it three times with the DVD disc being damaged three times. I eventually sent it back for the third time and then ordered the movie again on another, larger order, which came better packaged.

If you ordered this as a single item purchase or it won't ship with other items on the same order, it'll most likely end up in a bubble mailer and get damaged in shipment. My ME2 LE came this way and rather than ask them to replace a product they couldn't replace, I received a 20% discount off of the item's cost.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that's not correct, at least not in the past six months or so. The video game return policy is now one replacement and if that replacement is bad, they won't authorize another replacement. It may be different for DVD/Blu Rays and other items and it may be different if you call them up and raise a huge stink about it. If you use the automated returns, however, I guarantee they won't do a second replacement. I know from experience of doing dozens of returns over the past year or so. They even have an automated note that says "I'm so sorry, but if we send another it would likely arrive in damaged condition as well, so we will refund the item upon receipt..." I have several friends who have done returns recently as well and they also confirm the single replacement then default to refund.

Hey gang, it's Wes from Nitrobeard here. I know there's some lack of news coming from Bethesda's end in regards to Trophies, Region of availability, and how many copies of the title will be published, and I (alongside a few awesome forumers here and reddit) have contacted Bethesda to get an official word.

The email ssjmichael posted is accurate, when I was given the information from the distribution company on the 15th, it was a very bare-bones spreadsheet of information, and those limited, blurry pictures you all saw on the original Nitrobeard post. Since then, it's been confirmed that the $10 coupon is only applicable when you buy the game and the strategy guide on the same transaction, something they failed to mention in the .pdf press release.

As far as the 'limited' nature, the distribution company did say that the numbers were able to change depending on demand, but as other forumers have pointed out, 200k copies of a 5 year old game, especially considering you can still purchase it on Steam, or used through second-hand shops, is a pretty hefty number. Basically, if you're really wanting one on day one, it shouldn't be a problem getting one! That steelbox looks super sexy!

Anyways, sorry for the (lack) of information on the original Nitrobeard post, but it was the only information I was given, and the 200k number was thrown out as a rough estimate. I do deeply apologize if it caused any confusion, or somehow caused doubt in the article. I know Nitrobeard isn't a household name yet, but we're working on it! Thanks for keeping us on our toes, guys, CAG rocks :D

[quote name='KamiDaHobo']
The email ssjmichael posted is accurate, when I was given the information from the distribution company on the 15th, it was a very bare-bones spreadsheet of information, and those limited, blurry pictures you all saw on the original Nitrobeard post. Since then, it's been confirmed that the $10 coupon is only applicable when you buy the game and the strategy guide on the same transaction, something they failed to mention in the .pdf press release.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm, odd. Josh from K-mart gamer said you didn't need to buy the strategy guide with it to get the $10 off.

This is a huge letdown for me unless I can confirm my k-mart will 100% have the guide for the game because amazon probably wont accept the game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hmm, odd. Josh from K-mart gamer said you didn't need to buy the strategy guide with it to get the $10 off.

This is a huge letdown for me unless I can confirm my k-mart will 100% have the guide for the game because amazon probably wont accept the game.[/QUOTE]

With nationwide coupons, the publisher can give directives on how to honor it, but it's up to the individual store manager to follow through with the specifics. Basically, it's up to each individual store, even if the nationwide coupon says something specific. Gotta love retail!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Has anyone tried contacting Bethesda about trophy support being added? I just shot them a email about it and will post if I get any kind of reply.[/QUOTE]

It will have them, Im virtually 100% positive. Awhile ago sony made trophies mandatory and every game released for ps3 has them. Only reason some didnt have them originally was sony let the devs decide if they wanted to, but they changed that policy a couple years ago.

Even old ps2 games like sly, god of war and tomb raider games re-released on ps3 had trophies.

Since this is a new sku and not just a reissue Im sure it will be treated like a new release post the new trophy rule and they will included.

[quote name='gargus']It will have them, Im virtually 100% positive. Awhile ago sony made trophies mandatory and every game released for ps3 has them. Only reason some didnt have them originally was sony let the devs decide if they wanted to, but they changed that policy a couple years ago.

Even old ps2 games like sly, god of war and tomb raider games re-released on ps3 had trophies.

Since this is a new sku and not just a reissue Im sure it will be treated like a new release post the new trophy rule and they will included.[/QUOTE]

But this isn't a new game, it's simply a re-release of a 5 year old game that came out before any sort of mandatory trophy rule. The PS2 re-releases aren't exactly comparable to this, but still at the time of their release they were new to the PS3 and were after the supposed mandatory trophy rule.

[quote name='KamiDaHobo']...Since then, it's been confirmed that the $10 coupon is only applicable when you buy the game and the strategy guide on the same transaction, something they failed to mention in the .pdf press release.[/QUOTE]
Well that sucks. Canceling my pre orders. I'll just get it at Kmart if they have any type of deal with it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sorry, but that's not correct, at least not in the past six months or so. The video game return policy is now one replacement and if that replacement is bad, they won't authorize another replacement. It may be different for DVD/Blu Rays and other items and it may be different if you call them up and raise a huge stink about it. If you use the automated returns, however, I guarantee they won't do a second replacement. I know from experience of doing dozens of returns over the past year or so. They even have an automated note that says "I'm so sorry, but if we send another it would likely arrive in damaged condition as well, so we will refund the item upon receipt..." I have several friends who have done returns recently as well and they also confirm the single replacement then default to refund.[/QUOTE]It may have changed in the past six months for game items, though I know for non-game items, which I have needed two replacements on one, they did do the second replacement reluctantly.

Though, as I wonder about it, if you've had to do dozens of returns with them in the last year, why haven't you stopped buying from them nor had them ban your account for too many returns?

[quote name='shrike4242']Though, as I wonder about it, if you've had to do dozens of returns with them in the last year, why haven't you stopped buying from them nor had them ban your account for too many returns?[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well. Literally dozens?

[quote name='ssjmichael']But this isn't a new game, it's simply a re-release of a 5 year old game that came out before any sort of mandatory trophy rule. The PS2 re-releases aren't exactly comparable to this, but still at the time of their release they were new to the PS3 and were after the supposed mandatory trophy rule.[/QUOTE]

But this like I said is a new sku thus its considered a new release, they arent simply just making more of the exact goty thats already out. The ps2 re-releases is my point, they were games released on the system AFTER mandatory trophies and thus had to include them.

Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies.

[quote name='gargus']But this like I said is a new sku thus its considered a new release, they arent simply just making more of the exact goty thats already out. The ps2 re-releases is my point, they were games released on the system AFTER mandatory trophies and thus had to include them.

Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies.[/QUOTE]

I especially liked the part where you acted like a mature adult :bouncy:

And for the record, the discs they're showing for the game? it's the "exact goty thats already out"

Oblivion5thAnniversary1.jpg

But yeah, I'm sure that's simply a graphical error or something :roll:

bread's done
Back