Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']It may have changed in the past six months for game items, though I know for non-game items, which I have needed two replacements on one, they did do the second replacement reluctantly.

Though, as I wonder about it, if you've had to do dozens of returns with them in the last year, why haven't you stopped buying from them nor had them ban your account for too many returns?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Amazon still gets the exclusive on certain items or has by far the lowest price and I buy a ton of games and other items, so out of hundreds of purchases this year, a couple dozen returns isn't a big deal. Having said that, I did have a patch a year ago near the holidays where it was almost 100% returns of collector's editions as the Nevada warehouse was literally shoving them in tiny boxes or damaging them before they even went out. They sent me a "warning" note that my account could be suspended to which I contacted corporate explaining their poor packing skills and got a very nice apology and a large account credit. I haven't had as much of a problem since, although in the past month, I have received a couple of items that actually had some food-like sticky residue on them which really made me upset. They replaced both items, so I'm fine.

[quote name='gargus']But this like I said is a new sku thus its considered a new release, they arent simply just making more of the exact goty thats already out. The ps2 re-releases is my point, they were games released on the system AFTER mandatory trophies and thus had to include them.

Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies.[/QUOTE]

Having a new SKU doesn't really mean anything. All this is, is a reprint of the GOTY discs + reprint of the CE bonus dvd + Steelbook packaging. I liken this the same thing as a PH or GH reprinting. MGS4 GH didn't have trophies did it? You think Bethesda is going to take the time to program trophies into this? I think you are mistaken sir.

[quote name='apolloimburning']Having a new SKU doesn't really mean anything. All this is, is a reprint of the GOTY discs + reprint of the CE bonus dvd + Steelbook packaging. I liken this the same thing as a PH or GH reprinting. MGS4 GH didn't have trophies did it? You think Bethesda is going to take the time to program trophies into this? I think you are mistaken sir.[/QUOTE]

Also, keep in mind that the PSP games that are being given a PS3 release will not have trophies. Goes against Sony policy and means anything is possible with this game.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I especially liked the part where you acted like a mature adult :bouncy:

And for the record, the discs they're showing for the game? it's the "exact goty thats already out"

Oblivion5thAnniversary1.jpg

But yeah, I'm sure that's simply a graphical error or something :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well shit. I was really hoping for trophies. I'll just borrow my friends copy of the game and see if I like Oblivion enough to order this version.

[quote name='KamiDaHobo']Since then, it's been confirmed that the $10 coupon is only applicable when you buy the game and the strategy guide on the same transaction, something they failed to mention in the .pdf press release.[/QUOTE]

Le Sigh, was really bankin on a good chunk off mu skyrim pre-order... never really cared for guides, and while I was hopin for a "sexy steelbook," I may contemplate cancelling this pre-order.

:headache:

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']
rvBX3.png

I somehow doubt that.[/QUOTE]

I've got an order in for both, but I certainly didn't buy the music.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Amazon "frequently bought together" option often has some ridiculous combos

tumblr_lcpur9eT9E1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That actually makes a lot of sense. No need for bathroom breaks.

[quote name='thresherhorn']Le Sigh, was really bankin on a good chunk off mu skyrim pre-order... never really cared for guides, and while I was hopin for a "sexy steelbook," I may contemplate cancelling this pre-order.

:headache:[/QUOTE]
I kinda feel the same way. I mean I know this is limited but if I can't use this coupon at k-mart because they don't sell the game guide, fuck (because he pretty much confirmed a deal for skyrim yesterday). Then maybe Josh could hopefully find some way to pull through for us.

Well, that kinda sucks that the $10 coupon only applies for Skyrim + the guide. Unless Gamestop ends up selling it and I can use the rest of my credit there to buy it I think I'll pass.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Gamestop ever going to have this for preorder? I preordered a copy on Amazon just to be safe.[/QUOTE]
The announcement I saw. Specifically said Gamestop would not be selling it. But it also said only Brick and mortar stores would, but its shown up on amazon so who knows.

I preordered it both for PS3/360. Has there been any announcement from the publishers about trophy support/DLC/vampirism glitch for PS3? Trying to decide which version to keep pre-ordered.

Best advice would be to just skim through the entire thread, but the short version is that there hasn't been any official announcements on jack, perhaps purposefully?

[quote name='gargus']Im not going to debate it with you. When it comes out it will have trophies, Im right and your wrong, nyah nyah nyah and so on. Ill make sure I come back to bump the thread with a quote from you just incase you forget after the game is out that it has trophies.[/QUOTE]

You're throwing shit on a wall and hoping it sticks. There is no evidence that just because it says 'trophies' on the back = trophies in the actual game. You're the May 21 2011 = world ending guy.

[quote name='JKSonic']Forget all the Oblivion stuff, I just want to see what they have in store for the CE of Skyrim![/QUOTE]

I am definitely agreeing with this, And I don't care what it cost!:bouncy:

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Pfft' You two are both suckers, wanting to pay MSRP on the CE now. It'll only be $30 with some bonus DLC in FIVE YEARS! : D[/QUOTE]

If it's decent it'll be one of the few CE's I'll be willing to plunk down the cash for. Oblivion is probably my most played game of all time (besides WoW, but that's sort of unfair) so I'm willing to show Bethesda my support. :bouncy:

If the (lately) normal clearance happens on the CE that just means I can have another still-sealed copy to hopefully flip. What I hope is that they include some DLC that is ONLY available through the CE like CoD BlOPs did.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Amazon "frequently bought together" option often has some ridiculous combos

tumblr_lcpur9eT9E1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LMAO There should be an entire thread devoted to these.

I am so getting this :eek:

I was originally going to buy the DLC discounted, but now? fuck that! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']Showed up in my gold box today on 360, I guess I will buy it on both systems.[/QUOTE]

Well, aren't you a lucky git? How much was it?

Yeah, don't even bother buying the discounted DLC this week.

@ JKSonic I entirely see your point, I was more being facetious because of this 5th Year Anniv. edition, lol.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']
rvBX3.png

I somehow doubt that.[/QUOTE]
Why not?
One to play one to sell or both to play or both to sell
That CD was on sale for 99 cents and also activated 20gigs on the Amazon cloud service
I think it's spot on

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Well, aren't you a lucky git? How much was it?

Yeah, don't even bother buying the discounted DLC this week.

@ JKSonic I entirely see your point, I was more being facetious because of this 5th Year Anniv. edition, lol.[/QUOTE]

"git" huh...It was only 1.50 off, but it was nice to see in there. I think I may cancel my PS3 and hope it pops up too (and reorder last minute if it doesn't).

[quote name='slowdive21']"git" huh...It was only 1.50 off, but it was nice to see in there. I think I may cancel my PS3 and hope it pops up too (and reorder last minute if it doesn't).[/QUOTE]

That's still not bad. Also, I remember Funcoland, I'm going to click that link. Yes, git.

I gotta admit some of those "Frequently Bought" things are REALLY out there.

Edit: Read the story, that was a laugh.

[quote name='BobbyTastic'] Yes, git.
[/QUOTE]

It is a well known fact that I can beat up anybody on the internet, so I accept your insult.

is there anyway we can still have the OP update the $!0 off line, it still states just off the game and not the game and guide. I am not saying it will throw everyone off but some won't read through the posts or the fine lines.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']is there anyway we can still have the OP update the $!0 off line, it still states just off the game and not the game and guide. I am not saying it will throw everyone off but some won't read through the posts or the fine lines.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it does mention the guide part in the title

[quote name='ExplodingRat']My only problem with this, is if I buy it, I'd rather not open it. Thus rendering the coupon that's inside of it worthless. :([/QUOTE]

They did that on purpose. That's where they get you!

Coupon's worthless though if you don't want the guide. I would say wait for a discounted guide anyways.

Edit: Actually... I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pick this up and wouldn't buy Skyrim and/or the guide at launch. Maybe some of us can be nice enough to mail our coupons, because I'm sure as hell going to open and play my copy. Bug me about this in a month, and I'll see if I'll give my coupon away as a freebie, it's not like I'm gonna sell it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm not disagreeing with you, but it does mention the guide part in the title[/QUOTE]

I saw that, it was edited a while back but you know people. I just want to make sure it is consistent all the way through.

I will definitely purchase this item when it becomes available. I enjoyed playing Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion on the Xbox 360 but was reluctant to buy it for the PC without getting a bundle of the DLC. I am looking forward to mod creation on CS. burn to cinders.

[quote name='Elbows']I will definitely purchase this item when it becomes available. I enjoyed playing Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion on the Xbox 360 but was reluctant to buy it for the PC without getting a bundle of the DLC. I am looking forward to mod creation on CS. burn to cinders.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying Dormammu is going to be in a mod for Oblivion? : O Now I'm all hyped for no reason.

This totally makes this thing worth $30, btw.

I played it originally for about 30 minutes and never got back into it, so this is the perfect opportunity. The fact that it comes with a Steelbook just makes it that much better.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I'm excited to play this on PC. I just started Fallout 3 as well so my life should be thoroughly swallowed whole come Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm prepared to not see you for a couple of months. Good talking to you though. Peace and enjoy your sleep while you can!

Just whatever you do, don't get New Vegas' GotY whenever you come out of your gaming abyss.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Yeah, I'm prepared to not see you for a couple of months. Good talking to you though. Peace and enjoy your sleep while you can!

Just whatever you do, don't get New Vegas' GotY whenever you come out of your gaming abyss.[/QUOTE]

1273466014937.jpg

[quote name='HeSaveDave']LOL I was taking a joke. The image was a joke back. I thought it was lulz but I'm dumb.[/QUOTE]

We all have our moments, my utterance of "Take a joke" was a joke in itself.

ALRIGHT, BACK ON-TOPIC:

Will the coupon work on CE copies of Skyrim (would be awesome if the CE came with its own guide)? (Sorry if this has been asked already. :/)

I placed a :ps3: pre-order with Amazon. At least wanted to get it in the system while I am thinking about it.

Hoping for trophies and a fix for the Vampire Cure quest, but not expecting much. If it is just a reissue, I'll cancel and stick with my :ps3: GOTY edition.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Our posts got deleted? What happened? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Too off-topic, I suppose. But I did ask a serious question, which I'll ask again.

Does the $10 off coupon include the CE/LE (would be awesome if that in itself came with a guide)?

Sorry if that's been asked before. ^ Feeling lazy.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Too off-topic, I suppose. But I did ask a serious question, which I'll ask again.

Does the $10 off coupon include the CE/LE (would be awesome if that in itself came with a guide)?

Sorry if that's been asked before. ^ Feeling lazy.[/QUOTE]

Haven't read anything about it but pretty sure the coupon won't "activate" unless the stores transaction system sees 2 UPC's that it will accept as game and guide.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Haven't read anything about it but pretty sure the coupon won't "activate" unless the stores transaction system sees 2 UPC's that it will accept as game and guide.[/QUOTE]

Probably, and it'll probably cover the CE/LE, but you never know. Bethesda has misinformed people before. :/ I'm gonna stay in the "I'll Wait 5 Years For This Stuff To Be Re-Issued With The GotY Edition For $30" club.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Too off-topic, I suppose. But I did ask a serious question, which I'll ask again.
[/QUOTE]

I just started Fallout 3 and have this version of Oblivion on order. So between those I'll be good until Skyrim comes out. Looks like the summer sun will not touch me this year.

^That's basically what got deleted earlier. Is that off topic?

bread's done
Back