Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='Poor2More']is Co-op online available now? or we still waiting for a patch[/quote]

It's definitely available.

I played it around midnight, and got a patch. I popped it back in around 3pm...AND GOT ANOTHER PATCH! :bomb: What was the first one for, then?

well called UPS and spoke to someone and they said "Item has been received yet, seller has not submitted the item for delivery yet just billing"

looks like time to call Amazon, and ask where my release day delivery is at

So if we get the LE edition and no codes, what are you supposed to do. Has anyone tried callin ght e800 number for this. Mine is in the mail, so I just want to be prepared.

Seems like a really cool game so far. I'm about an hour in and have advanced into the "main" part of the game (won't talk about spoilers).

Beautiful environments and great voice acting / music. Controlling the camera is a little bit of a pain sometimes, but overall seems like this should be a very enjoyable game.

I guess the test will be this weekend when I try to play some online co-op — I've heard some bad things.

My wife and I noticed the female narrator sounds like Kreia from KOTOR 2. Wishful thinking I guess.

Nevermind It's Zoe Wannamaker from the Harry Potter series.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']My wife and I noticed the female narrator sounds like Kreia from KOTOR 2. Wishful thinking I guess.[/quote]

Actually, I'd say she sounds like the narrator from God of War.

Despite the lack of background music (why, I don't know, and no will tell me if it's just me or not), I'm actually enjoying this game.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Despite the lack of background music (why, I don't know, and no will tell me if it's just me or not), I'm actually enjoying this game.[/QUOTE]

There is light background music for me.

Does the game same laggy or glitchy to anyone?

Specifically:
After you return to Bowerstone as a young adult, and you start the blacksmith job hammering. The white dot kinda glitches and doesn't move smoothly sometimes. Also when you're supposed to hold the trigger to look at the evil tower in the distance, most of the town isn't rendered, so you see a tiny bottom part of the tower in a sea of blue (the background) with no town surrounding it.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not sure if this was answered but, how do we get out pub money, Items, and the web site items?[/quote]

Start a game and advance to the young adult part. Then save and load pub games. Then overwrite the file you used to acquire items with your Fable 2 character. Easy as that.

As for the items, you get those at the end of your first "quest". Atleast the online ones.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Ok I got my cash, But yet still no items at all. I finished a quest and nothing, Am I doing something wrong or what?[/quote]

Go back to the pub game for a second time to get your items.

still dident receive my game from UPS, the Amazon lady lied.....she said she called UPS, and was told it was out for delivery.....I called UPS and the rep told me they do not even have the game in their possesion, they just got the billing info from Amazon

Amazon has some of the worst Customer service

[quote name='Poor2More']still dident receive my game from UPS, the Amazon lady lied.....she said she called UPS, and was told it was out for delivery.....I called UPS and the rep told me they do not even have the game in their possesion, they just got the billing info from Amazon

Amazon has some of the worst Customer service[/quote]

Not true. If you call and complain loud enough, they'll give you something for your trouble.

Ok I picked the game up this evening and had a question for you guys. After playing for about 10 minutes or so of the prologue portion, the overall haze and motion blur started to make my eyes hurt. Does this continue through out the game or is it something that is just present in the prologue.

It feels like something from back when GTA III first came out and they had a motion blur trailer on the game, but at least they gave the option to turn it off. No such option here.

And it seems that the texture popping is effecting this game as well as far as my system goes.

[quote name='Kendal']How do I rename my dog?[/quote]

Buy a collar and you'll be able to rename your dog.

Edit: Yargh, nano-seconds too late.

Got a wife from a quest and then took the house of a bandit. Never thought that they would come back to the house. So after I got a new house I went to get her and the kid and the bandits killed her and basicley social services took the kid. I thought it was funny. I have been mostly just dicking around and have not even done much of the story. Anyway anywon wont to coop tomorrow? I sould be able to some time after 2 pm central time.

[quote name='sendme']Got a wife from a quest and then took the house of a bandit. Never thought that they would come back to the house. So after I got a new house I went to get her and the kid and the bandits killed her and basicley social services took the kid. I thought it was funny. I have been mostly just dicking around and have not even done much of the story. Anyway anywon wont to coop tomorrow? I sould be able to some time after 2 pm central time.[/quote]

I'm up for it.

I need to rid myself of some of these scars somehow.

Fable 2 is pretty good, I've played it for a few hours today. I think I like the first Fable better (one of my favorite games), but that might change after I play this more. I'm not disappointed that I bought it, but I am a bit befuddled that they spent 4 years making this game, and the story still isn't grabbing my attention, and some of the same problems from the old Xbox game are still present. If I had to give it a score so far, I would say an 8.5 sounds right.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']To have sex with your wife you need to give her a gift.[/quote]

The problem solved itself...somehow...hence why I erased it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']To have sex with your wife you need to give her a gift.[/quote]

Just like in real life!

Haha rented this today, only played about an hour. Looks pretty good and i'm about to start my first quest as soon as I get off the computer. ;)

[quote name='sj41']Fable 2 is pretty good, I've played it for a few hours today. I think I like the first Fable better (one of my favorite games), but that might change after I play this more. I'm not disappointed that I bought it, but I am a bit befuddled that they spent 4 years making this game, and the story still isn't grabbing my attention, and some of the same problems from the old Xbox game are still present. If I had to give it a score so far, I would say an 8.5 sounds right.[/quote]

Does not compute. Its more on how you try to rate the game on only a couple hours played. Its like playing any RPG for 1 hour and saying 5.0! Not trying to attack you :)

Im loving this game. Its like Fable 1 mixed with oblivion and more. Huge open areas to explore and finding secrets and the whole reputation system has been advanced some. Alittle bugs here and there but nothing bad. Being able to buy shops and get income/handle them is SO AWESOME. Im sticking to a good path for my first play through as a Magic/Gunner, Then my second will be pure evil as a Melee/Magic from hell. I will marry every whore in sight and bang many a women.

Unprotected sex all the way as evil, Kids you say!??? Ill just shoot them. Buy up every shop/house/you name it and raise the prices through the roof to put all of Albion into poverty. Good times are ahead.

First thing I did (after the kid part) was bang some gypsy chick. Good thing she didn't get pregnant (can they only get pregnant if they're your wife?).

Played the hell out of it today and then merged my pub games patron with my character (giving me 2 million gold :p), so money won't be a problem.

I picked it up last night at midnight and played it for about an hour. So far it kicks ass, but I'm not touching it until Friday after I take my biochem midterm.

Stupid studying....

[quote name='SoonerMatt']I picked it up last night at midnight and played it for about an hour. So far it kicks ass, but I'm not touching it until Friday after I take my biochem midterm.[/quote]

Liar

From my notes:
"more mosaic = higher protein content
F.R.A.P.
-label plasma membrane w/ marker & photobleach
- recovery time = diffusion rate
Lipids asymmetrically distributed
SNARE- mediated fusion
-flipase rotates lipid head so it's hydrophilic.

[Delta]G = RTln(c2/c1) + |z|F[delta]Psi (in V)

Table 13:1 in slides
-Know Ion, ionic radius (angstroms), hydration free E (in kJ/mol & kcal/mol)"

And I can assure you knowing the configuration, properties, and abbreviations for all 20 amino acids and their acid/base reactions is a bitch, as is learning all the major carbohydrate structures.

[quote name='SpazX']First thing I did (after the kid part) was bang some gypsy chick. Good thing she didn't get pregnant (can they only get pregnant if they're your wife?).
[/QUOTE]

I sincerely wish that were true.

I think it's hard to find stuff in Fable II. Even on the Map they give you in the menus, it's generic as hell. A bit more detail would be nice. I think the idea of the golden trail is a good idea, but a horrible conception, as a lot of the time, it has disappeared and I'm lost for a few seconds every time.

I'm enjoying the game, but the story seems a bit disjointed. And it's way too hard to be corrupted. A 1-star carrot takes my purity away. WHAT IS THAT!?

Finished a local co-op session with my friend. The camera gets a bit difficult to control at times, but overall, both of us had a good time. It's pretty cool the amount stuff you can do and different ways to approach things...about as close to an MMO-type of experience as a non-MMORPG can get, I imagine.

How does Fable II compare to Oblivion? Is the content as in-depth? Is the world bigger or smaller?

This is the first game that I may actually play through more than once. I had considered it for the first Fable, but never got around to it. I'll try to do both extremes for this game.

[quote name='Zynx']How does Fable II compare to Oblivion? Is the content as in-depth? Is the world bigger or smaller?[/quote]

The world is smaller. The content is smaller (dungeons), but they're better detailed. You can't get quite as lost as Oblivion, but you can still get pretty lost.

[quote name='shieryda']This is the first game that I may actually play through more than once. I had considered it for the first Fable, but never got around to it. I'll try to do both extremes for this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't do things twice. If I play through a game, or read a book, I normally don't go back. Not even with Mass Effect. But, i probably will this this game.

First time through, I'm not getting married or having kids. Just me and my pooch. Second time, i'll probably do the family thing. Then another time through where I'll be straight up evil. he he.

So, any word on reprecussions for using the glitch in pub games? I didn't, but that would be lame if they kind of made people think they'd be in trouble when it was all b.s.

I don't think anything bad happens if you used the glitch in pub games. I was able to merge my characters seamlessly but I sometimes hear people in the game say something like "I wonder where he got all that money."

[quote name='destinywaste']How do I have sex with a girl without getting married to her? :cry:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure she has to be a whore who will ask you for sex. You can give the thumbs up then.

Please don't compare this game to Oblivion. It hurts my soul.

bread's done
Back