Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='sj41']
I've got a temple of shadows question for those that have completed it:

I've got about 2500 points from sacrificing, so now I need to make a super evil sacrifice. I tried a monk at 12:50 am, and had no luck. What did everybody else do? I already sacrificed my spouse, but I can remarry and use them if that's what it takes.
[/quote]
I sacrificed my spouse. Get married again and sacrifice them during the right hour.

Does anyone have the Lucien doll? I asked in the other thread, but I figure this one is looked at more often?

[quote name='KSHLove']the 3 new quests is your main quest.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Imeant as in the non DLC main quest. I just beat this today

Ive just ordered Fable II (been unsure to get it for ages because its not really my type of game to be honest), got it for £12 :)...

So i will be picking up the DLC, seeing as i saved money on the main game.

Erm....has anyone got a spare pub game code that i can have. Appreciated :)

Would anyone be willing to help me out with the coop expression and combat achievements quick some night this week? I could help out with some other stuff in return, if needed.

Over the weekend, i was trying to explain to someone who doesn't like RPGs or Medieval type stuff why they would like this game, and about halfway through he conversation, it hit me. The game this is most similar to that I could think to explain was Bully.

Seriously, think about it. Bully with swords and an awesome treasure hunting dog.

[quote name='jalu6']Over the weekend, i was trying to explain to someone who doesn't like RPGs or Medieval type stuff why they would like this game, and about halfway through he conversation, it hit me. The game this is most similar to that I could think to explain was Bully.

Seriously, think about it. Bully with swords and an awesome treasure hunting dog.[/quote]

Actually, you're right. There really are a striking number of similarities.

I have to say that I felt more involved in the Bully story. That's on one hand; on the other, Bully had its frustrating moments, of which there were few to none in Fable 2. I did very much like both games, but while I could replay Fable 2, Bully I could not (I tried playing the Scholarship Edition and it just didn't grab me anymore).

Then again, they both had their problems, and I think the level of polish was higher in Bully.

I'd love a sequel to Bully. And Fable, for that matter (I'm avoiding the downloadable content because my character doesn't have anymore abilities to learn. Feels like it takes the fun out of it since experience is totally useless, and I've already got so much stored up anyway.)

I made the mistake of choosing the needs of the many upon ending the main quest and I lost my Dog. Any way to get a new one? I'm guessing that the answer is no.

[quote name='KingBroly']I only have 4 Dolls, but I have the Dollcatcher Achievement. I have Hammer, Garth, Hero and Theresa. I have extra Garth/Hero dolls.

I also have 1100/1100, so...yeah. Time to go get 1000/1000 in Tomb Raider Underworld.[/quote]

To get all of the points, do you have to play through the game multiple times? That is, choose the "needs of the few," then "the needs of the many" in different play throughs?

[quote name='ianoid']To get all of the points, do you have to play through the game multiple times? That is, choose the "needs of the few," then "the needs of the many" in different play throughs?[/QUOTE]

No. Just save before you choose. Then choose each to unlock the achievement. When you see the notice that you have the achievement, then restart the game.

[quote name='Over easy']No. Just save before you choose. Then choose each to unlock the achievement. When you see the notice that you have the achievement, then restart the game.[/quote]

Damnit. I really should have done that. =(

Did anyone else think that the choice at the end was pretty easy to make? The dog is definitely the most useful reward, money is pretty easy to get by the end the end of the game anyway.

I may have found out why I can't do the last quest in Knothole...I checked the lionhead forums...supposedly I have to unlock Bloodstone before the 3rd quest activates. I have no idea where Bloodstone is at...anyone know of a good Fable II map I can check, I just want to unlock it quickly to get the last mission completed so I can get all the goods.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I may have found out why I can't do the last quest in Knothole...I checked the lionhead forums...supposedly I have to unlock Bloodstone before the 3rd quest activates. I have no idea where Bloodstone is at...anyone know of a good Fable II map I can check, I just want to unlock it quickly to get the last mission completed so I can get all the goods.[/quote]

Bloodstone is a fun place. It's where I got married the first time and set up shop. Lots of hoes and gigilos and lesbians. Good place to do the sex party achievement. I think I'll play the game through again as a girl and marry one of the lesbians there. But then can I have kids with another woman in the game? They have good weapons and augments there too.

(SPOILER ALERT)

Dangit I did save but I then saved over it without redoing the choices. Wish I had, I feel like it's pointless to wander the land finishing the last quests without my dog! I guess it's encouragement to replay as I mentioned above.

Does anyone think it's worth getting the guide for the game? I've spent alot of time with it, finished the game, done most of the quests. I doubt it has that much to offer, aside from saving me time finding the demon doors and statues and such. I am a collector, so I would enjoy having it anyway, but I could wait for a price drop until long after I've lost interest in the game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I may have found out why I can't do the last quest in Knothole...I checked the lionhead forums...supposedly I have to unlock Bloodstone before the 3rd quest activates. I have no idea where Bloodstone is at...anyone know of a good Fable II map I can check, I just want to unlock it quickly to get the last mission completed so I can get all the goods.[/QUOTE]

You unlock Bloodstone about 2/3 of the way through the main quest,
right after the time skip in the Spire when you resuce Garth
once you have the Hero of Will achievement.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...I just barely rescued the first hero...the big girl with the hammer. Oh well...it's cool.[/quote]

so did i, im borrowing the game from a friend. Hammer is a bbw

Im in the same place as you two...just helped Hammer.

Ive gotta say i love this game! Im enjoying it more than Fallout 3 tbh. So glad i purchased it and for £12 im very happy!

Looking forward to getting the DLC aswell!

I'm thinking of picking this up again soon, I bought it on release and finished the majority of the game in like a couple of days. Traded it in towards Gears 2.

But I wouldn't mind going back and finishing it off completely, getting the dlc and waiting for future dlc releases.

I got the game yesterday from a cag'er, berfore i rented it. Played a solid 3 hours last night. This one of the few games I am actually running around having fun doing the side quests and taking my time.

Although I can't seem to get good, I keep staying right in the middle. Despite doing all the "good actions" in quests and freeing slaves - it doesn't really seem to budge, any suggestions? I am pure tho which makes me look slim until I put points into dmg multiplier

[quote name='Chemicalviper']I got the game yesterday from a cag'er, berfore i rented it. Played a solid 3 hours last night. This one of the few games I am actually running around having fun doing the side quests and taking my time.

Although I can't seem to get good, I keep staying right in the middle. Despite doing all the "good actions" in quests and freeing slaves - it doesn't really seem to budge, any suggestions? I am pure tho which makes me look slim until I put points into dmg multiplier[/quote]

Donating to the temple of light repeatedly is a good way to become more good.

its weird that store bought items can do more dmg than these legendary weapons (except daichi) - unless these augments are that amazing. This rising sun for 10k is weak as compared to master katanas. Wish weapons were more valuable for the quest type

[quote name='mkernan']Donating to the temple of light repeatedly is a good way to become more good.[/quote]

i think its faster and easier if u give money to the bums

The Temple Of Light is FUBAR in my game. Whoops.

The Ghoul augment (regain health with weapon strikes) is my favorite.

[quote name='JJSP']The Temple Of Light is FUBAR in my game. Whoops.

The Ghoul augment (regain health with weapon strikes) is my favorite.[/quote]That sounds like something I need, where did you find that at?

[quote name='sj41']That sounds like something I need, where did you find that at?[/QUOTE]
The Stonecutter in Bowerstone Market sells them, but it's apparently random as to when they show up. It's a 4-star augment, and Google says it increases in frequency once you've gotten to Westcliff. It actually takes HP from enemies and gives them to you - I bought mine very early in the game (dumb luck, I guess) and it pretty much eliminated the need for potions for much of the early part of the game. I've got several higher-level swords, but I still go back to my master steel sword that does less damage but has the ghoul augment.

I've played this game for the first couple of hours, but found it really dull and not really fun. I was trying to be a "rogue" type character (doesn't seem to be happening). Is there something I should do differently to make the game more enjoyable?

*never mind I played some more, it's pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMNIT. I saved the game before the very ending, and was gonna go thru all the alternative endings using the save checkpoint. But the bastard game saved immediately after I choose one ending. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

[quote name='Chemicalviper']DAMNIT. I saved the game before the very ending, and was gonna go thru all the alternative endings using the save checkpoint. But the bastard game saved immediately after I choose one ending. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/quote]

Weird. I was able to restart even after I made a choice and was halfway through the last cutscene. My only mistake was choosing "the needs of the many" last and now
I have no dog

During the last couple of hours in the game, my 6-year old son started watching me play. He liked how the dog would help me find treasure and warn me when the "bad guys" were near. So we were both shocked when
the dog bit the bullet
. Fable 2 might have horribly scarred my son for life. :lol:

I still need to finish getting the remaining achievements and get the KHI DLC. Luckily, I was able to get the LE guide at BB for a penny.

Is anyone just about to get the executioner achievement? I didn't realize that I missed out on this and can't go back to get it. Other than the Knothole island DLC stuff and the Gargoyle achievement this is all I need.

I already have the Executioner Achievement, but I think I can still help you get it. It doesn't take too long to get either if you just start a new game. Anyway, hit me up with a FR and I will see if I can help you out, okay?

A few questions I have for my fellow CAGs:

1. Is the Spire the midway point or a little bit beyond? Are there any tasks I should do before doing the Spire (I already started Westcliff Development, got married, had 1 baby, and finished a few of the side quests like Cold Comfort Farmer, Defender of Light, Slave Trader and another which I forgot).

2. I assume there must be some kind of achievement for this incentive, but just a few hours into playing the game, after buying my first house, I received 25000 gold -- I believe from another online player. Is this a glitch or is it something that player was doing that gave him an achievement for donating to me? Either way, I was glad to have it though, b/c I instantly upgraded my weapons.

3. What's the best way to lose weight? I guess I ate too many apple pie fillings for health regeneration, because I basically look like Dom DeLuise with an axe!

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']A few questions I have for my fellow CAGs:

1. Is the Spire the midway point or a little bit beyond? Are there any tasks I should do before doing the Spire (I already started Westcliff Development, got married, had 1 baby, and finished a few of the side quests like Cold Comfort Farmer, Defender of Light, Slave Trader and another which I forgot).

2. I assume there must be some kind of achievement for this incentive, but just a few hours into playing the game, after buying my first house, I received 25000 gold -- I believe from another online player. Is this a glitch or is it something that player was doing that gave him an achievement for donating to me? Either way, I was glad to have it though, b/c I instantly upgraded my weapons.

3. What's the best way to lose weight? I guess I ate too many apple pie fillings for health regeneration, because I basically look like Dom DeLuise with an axe![/QUOTE]

1) Use all the XP you can before entering the spire, you'll see why later.

2) Gifting something to another player is an achievement, you got some gold and he got an achievement for doing so. You can do the same thing the next time you see an orb in your town with the name of someone on your friends list on it. Interact with that orb, send a gift and get an achievement

3) As the poster above said, celery and nothing but celery takes away weight gain. You can see it in the stats for the item as Fatness -1.0% (or more depending on the type)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']A few questions I have for my fellow CAGs:
3. What's the best way to lose weight? I guess I ate too many apple pie fillings for health regeneration, because I basically look like Dom DeLuise with an axe![/quote]

Also, if you do end up getting the DLC, there are weight loss potions sold on Knothole Island.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']

[/quote]

I randomly give out gold to wandering orbs sometimes. It's fun. I guess I'm not the only one.

[quote name='popular penguin']i think its faster and easier if u give money to the bums[/quote]

The way I did it was walk up to my wife and giver her 500,000 gold. Instant full good and happy family.

Wow I just beat this game and overall I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. I hope I made the right choice. I chose Love, can I got back and choose the others still?

EDIT: Nevermind I found a way to get all the three of the achievements :)

Wow I did a lot of gaming today. Beat both Bioshock and Fable 2 today:) Yey!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dijital']Wow I just beat this game and overall I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. I hope I made the right choice. I chose Love, can I got back and choose the others still?

EDIT: Nevermind I found a way to get all the three of the achievements :)

Wow I did a lot of gaming today. Beat both Bioshock and Fable 2 today:) Yey![/QUOTE]

Congrats, today was a good day!

bread's done
Back