Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']GOOD NEWS! I went to wallmart today and they had ALL THE VERSIONS of fallout already for sale!

Sadly I coudn't buy it cause mines is preordered at gamestop :whistle2:( BUT my friend bought the pc version im reading the manual now IT HAS A LIST OF PERKS!

also in the PC manual it shows a xbox 360 controller so this game supports the xbox 360 controller :)[/quote]

Walmarts registers ring up do not sell untill xx/xx/xx on almost all street dated items. ;)

Got my call from GS and they mentioned that they are now giving 30% trade bumps torwards Fallout plus your edge 10%. Probably to late to find anything left to flip back to them using b2g1f and high TIV games. They close in an hour here and already been raped for 2 days.

[quote name='Chase']I want it so bad. :whistle2:( I feel like a virgin all over again. It feels like 1990 all over again.[/quote]

The information, there is too much of it.

Gamestop called me to inform me that my copy of Fable 2 will be ready to pick up.

I think they meant Fallout 3, I never pre-ordered Fable 2.

[quote name='yukine']Gamestop called me to inform me that my copy of Fable 2 will be ready to pick up.

I think they meant Fallout 3, I never pre-ordered Fable 2.[/quote]

Or, someone really fucked up your pre-order.

I am still trying to decide if I shell out the $109.99 on the 31st when this game comes out down here.

I also think the game might be watered down with less violence here.

Then again I reeeeally want to play this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kendal']Or, someone really fucked up your pre-order.[/quote]
Yeah I would be pissed if I was buying it from them, I already ordered it online for the better deal so I intend to get a refund on it anyway.

Why would it ship now? Isn't release day delivery for next day air, meaning it'd ship sometime ths afternoon, I'd wager.

going to get this i think
AAA.gif

I'm really looking forward to this but I REALLY hope it isn't just Oblivion with guns cause that would really turn me off. I also have concerns that the "world" will be very static. Hope my fears are unwarrented though.

1 day left!

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm really looking forward to this but I REALLY hope it isn't just Oblivion with guns cause that would really turn me off. I also have concerns that the "world" will be very static. Hope my fears are unwarrented though.

1 day left![/quote]

While I'm hoping for more, simple "Oblivion with guns" would still be better than a large portion of the games released in any given year. For me Oblivion without guns was in my top 3 of 2006. (oblivion, Zelda:Twilight Princess, and Gears of war) Bully and Okami receive honorable mentions.

[quote name='menikmati']The information, there is too much of it.[/quote]

Hehehe... 'tis joke, as I was six years old in 1990. ;)

Or is it? bum bum baa :cool:

Jesus Christ in a gorilla suit, Fallout 3 releases tomorrow. Tomorrow my free time becomes property of Fallout 3. :drool:

Just got the call saying Fallout will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning. Too bad Gamestop doesn't open until 10.

Does anyone know what the game case inside the collectors edition looks like. I would really like to pick this set up but I hate not having a game case that will fit on my shelf with my other games.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Does anyone know what the game case inside the collectors edition looks like. I would really like to pick this set up but I hate not having a game case that will fit on my shelf with my other games.[/quote]
I'd like to know as well. May be worth the extra $20 for this CE.

I switched my pre-order over from the CE to the standard edition. I just can't justify spending $20 on stuff I won't use. Plus after coupons I'm getting the game for $30 with release day shipping.

Does anyone know how amazon usually ships games when release day shipping is selected? Which carrier do they go through?

i really think the case is the same between the CE and regular...i think it all just comes in the lunchbox...as far as i know at least...if i'm wrong i might be inclined to get the CE if it's ubar----cooler but i think it's the same casing.

did anyone else preorder this @ Best Buy? I wanted to know if you can pick it up tonight at the midnight launch or do you have to wait until tomorrow morning? i'd appreciate it if anyone can answer this..

I preordered in-store and the store is doing a midnight launch.

edit: fuck! I could've swore I saw a midnight launch for this in Florida. guess not..

i know not all BB's do midnight launches, there was a link somewhere with the BB's that would be open for GOW2 but i haven't heard anything about F3...i think your best bet would be calling.

I preordered from Blockbuster since they gave me a much better deal on trades. They said they technically close at Midnight but if I swing in just before that they'll give me Fallout 3 :)

Ordered the CE at circuitcity.com and got a $10 gift card and will receive a free strategy guide when the game comes in Friday :)

[quote name='Pck21']You just made my day! :)[/quote]

sadly now he is playing quantum of solace witch stinks alot of people are telling him to go back to fallout 3 lol

Just got my shipping confirmation from CC ... hopefully it will come by the end of the week. I want to keep my expectations down so if I get it earlier I will be pleasantly surprised.

Plus, if I get it later it might give me more time to knock Fable II out of the way.

In case anybody cares: I got the "it shipped" email from Amazon, and this is for the Survival Edition.

No reviews out yet? I was planning on spending the rest of tonight reading all the great things about fallout 3 and be pumped for tomorrow.

I am so happy. I should have this in the am tomorrow. I might cut a hole in my pipboy and wear that bitch with my Halo helmet on and armed with my Lancer! Too bad Gears 2 doesn't come out until after Halloween.

[quote name='emdub']In case anybody cares: I got the "it shipped" email from Amazon, and this is for the Survival Edition.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped, too. The collectors edition.

Wonder when my copy will get in the mail tomorrow.

I'm contemplating going to Target at opening to buy it and return the other one later so I can get playing ASAP.

bread's done
Back