BN: Blackmon

BN: LaMichael James

BN: Christine Michael

BN: Pierre Thomas

BN: Bradford

BN: Heyward-Bey

BN: McCluster

K: Ziegler

DEF/D: need to drop two guys for these slots. Bradford is the obvious one. If McCluster isn't returning punts and kicks he'll be the other.

I have to drop DuJuan Harris, and I'm trying to decide who to put in for. My league's add/drops for the week go through at midnight tonight. Any suggestions?
Who's available
I ended up getting Felix Jones. Pittsburgh's backfield is a mess, and I wouldn't want to be in a position where I need to start any of them, but the Steelers cut Dwyer, so who knows, maybe Jones will outplay Redman and be the main guy. In the meantime, he's my 4th RB, so hopefully I never need to use him anyway.

12 Team league non-PPR and had the 10th pick

First time doing this, how did I do.

QB-M. Stafford

QB-R. Wilson

RB-L. McCoy

RB-A. Morris

RB-J. Rodgers

RB-D. Woodhead

WR.-A. Johnson

WR-H. Nicks

WR-M. Austin

WR-C. Shorts

TE-B. Pettigrew

TE-T Eifert

K-K. Forbath

K-D. Akers

DEF-Green Bay

DEF-Minnesota

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting Felix Jones. Pittsburgh's backfield is a mess, and I wouldn't want to be in a position where I need to start any of them, but the Steelers cut Dwyer, so who knows, maybe Jones will outplay Redman and be the main guy. In the meantime, he's my 4th RB, so hopefully I never need to use him anyway.
He should definitely get some heavy run since being named the starter today. I think he could get supplanted by Redman later in the season tho if Le'Veon stays out.

He should definitely get some heavy run since being named the starter today. I think he could get supplanted by Redman later in the season tho if Le'Veon stays out.
I'm seriously considering dropping Ben Roethlisberger (or Marcel Reece) to pick him up. Now that RG3 is healthy and he and Roethlisberger have the same bye, I don't have much use for Big Ben...

Is there anything offical that says Felix Jones is the starter? I looked around and it still seems Reddman will be the number one guy til Bell is ready to go.

Just had my other money league draft today: 6 points for passing TDs, otherwise normal scoring system.

QB - Tom Brady

RB - CJ Spiller

RB - Demarco Murray

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Julio Jones

TE - Jordan Cameron

K - Matt Byrant

DEF - San Francisco

B - Daryl Richardson

B - Ahmad Bradshaw

B - Torrey Smith

B - DeSean Jackson

B - Jay Cutler

B - Phillip Rivers

I should add that Rivers was my very last pick and once the picks are updated into our site, I'm dropping him for either an RB / WR. Only drafted him since the way our league works, there's a second way to gain money. The team you draft is put into a separate league of sorts and the four teams with the highest amount of points gain a bit of money as well.

I've seen some quotes from Tomlin saying "We'll wait and see" on whether or not he could be named the starter, but nothing definitive. I've dropped my kicker to pick him up for now.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4609433-74/jones-steelers-running#axzz2deoqMqmh
I would love to pick him up to be my flex till Bell would be back and healthy but I dont want to drop J. Rodgers or D. Woodhead for him. And in my league you can drop a kicker and pick up an extra RB or WR.

Is there anything offical that says Felix Jones is the starter? I looked around and it still seems Reddman will be the number one guy til Bell is ready to go.
NFL Network listed him as the starter when cuts were released with Dwyer out, but on the Steeler's site it's Redman (tho Jones should not be behind LaRod who is questionable). I think Redman has a sore neck/shoulder or something so that's probably why Jones was listed ahead at the time, but Redman's probable now.

I still want Quinton Patton but just picked up Felix Jones instead.

Ajh - Agreed with DT, Cecil. Usually I like to have a flex RB but Cecil is much better than all those dudes. If it's PPR Danny Woodhead should be an interesting play later on based on match-ups

Stevesbored - Big Ben is good security for RG3 tho.

Just had my other money league draft today: 6 points for passing TDs, otherwise normal scoring system.

QB - Tom Brady

RB - CJ Spiller

RB - Demarco Murray

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Julio Jones

TE - Jordan Cameron

K - Matt Byrant

DEF - San Francisco

B - Daryl Richardson

B - Ahmad Bradshaw

B - Torrey Smith

B - DeSean Jackson

B - Jay Cutler

B - Phillip Rivers

I should add that Rivers was my very last pick and once the picks are updated into our site, I'm dropping him for either an RB / WR. Only drafted him since the way our league works, there's a second way to gain money. The team you draft is put into a separate league of sorts and the four teams with the highest amount of points gain a bit of money as well.
That team is ridiculous. get ready to get paid. Definitely drop Rivers for a RB, your loaded at WR you'll never have to worry about that.

I'm not kidding about the Raiders thing. If you can cycle defenses, play against them every game possible. They have the worst offensive personnel along with the Jets. They are going to be terrible.

Wow I just drafted with a bunch of people from work in my first ESPN league ever, and I can't believe how many people were picking D's so early (first one picked was 1st pick of round 6.) This is what I ended up with being in the 7 slot of 10 teams (snake style) :

Doug Martin

Trent Richardson

Tom Brady

Jimmy Graham

Hakeem Nicks

Marques Colston

Pierre Garcon

DeAngelo Williams

Eli Manning

Tavon Austin

Antonio Gates

Knowshon Moreno

Vincent Brown

Brian Hartline

Phil Dawson

Cardinals D

Cecil. I'd rather start a starting receiver than a backup RB.

NFL Network listed him as the starter when cuts were released with Dwyer out, but on the Steeler's site it's Redman (tho Jones should not be behind LaRod who is questionable). I think Redman has a sore neck/shoulder or something so that's probably why Jones was listed ahead at the time, but Redman's probable now.

I still want Quinton Patton but just picked up Felix Jones instead.

Ajh - Agreed with DT, Cecil. Usually I like to have a flex RB but Cecil is much better than all those dudes. If it's PPR Danny Woodhead should be an interesting play later on based on match-ups

Stevesbored - Big Ben is good security for RG3 tho.

Hows about Austin than? Is the second starter behind Dez Bryant and has a better QB in Romo throwing to him.

Lmao.

Miles Austin is overrated. He's a decent WR3 but Cecil is a solid WR2. He's the #1 receiver in Jax with Blackmon out, he's gonna put up numbers.
Yeah I guess Cecil is the way to go, but I just don't trust any player on the Jags, Raiders, or Jets except MJD.

I'm not kidding about the Raiders thing. If you can cycle defenses, play against them every game possible. They have the worst offensive personnel along with the Jets. They are going to be terrible.
December 8th: Raiders at Jets. Oof, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Cam Newton or Eli Manning? Only reason I question is CAR is hosting Seattle. Eli has primetime game at Dallas.

12 team, non-PPR, point per 15 return yards, second pick:

QB: Romo

WR: Fitzgerald

WR: Colston

WR: Nelson

RB: Martin

RB: Wilson

TE: Cameron

Flex: Mathews

Flex: Ivory

BN: Josh Gordon

BN: Blackmon

BN: LaMichael James

BN: Christine Michael

BN: Pierre Thomas

BN: Bradford

BN: Heyward-Bey

BN: McCluster

K: Ziegler

DEF/D: need to drop two guys for these slots. Bradford is the obvious one. If McCluster isn't returning punts and kicks he'll be the other.
Do I go with Indy versus Oakland, or Tampa versus the Jets? Gonna drop Bradford and James to pick up a DEF/D. Thinking of going Fletcher versus Philly, or Kendricks. Basically anyone either on NE/PHI or playing those two teams that week.

No I agree, just funny how true it is.

MSUHitman - You get Brady in the 3rd rd.? Probably could've waited and got a Top 8 WR instead with Graham, would've been murder.

& I'd still go Cecil over Miles Austin. Jags just literally have no other reliable weapons even if it is Gabbert. If it's PPR I wouldn't mind trying Woodhead out later if someone's on a bye week.

Tough, but I'd still like Cam...I have Vick & Eli in one of my leagues and I'm going Vick because of the Skins questionable secondary. And Eli seemed to struggle against the Cowboys last season.

Abscess - I like Tampa Bay this year. But can't go wrong with either.

I think I'd go with Cam over Eli as well.  Eli did have two crap games against Dallas last year, but then again he had two very good games against them in 2011.  Still, I just feel like it's never a good idea to sit your "starters", the guys you grabbed in the first few rounds, just because the backup has a better matchup.

And yeah, Indy vs. Raiders or Tampa vs. Jets?  Win-win.  Can't really go wrong either way, I think.  FWIW, I'd go Tampa.

This is my first time playing Fantasy Football and I was the 4th pick. Standard rules for my league.

QB  Andrew Luck, IND

RB  Marshawn Lynch, SEA

RB  Alferd Morris, WSH

WR  Dez Bryant, DAL

WR  James Jones, GB

TE  Julius Thomas, DEN

FLEX RB  Stevan Ridley, NE

D/ST  Broncos

K  Stephen Gowtkowski, NE

BN  Tony Romo, DAL QB

BN  Mike Wallace, MIA WR

BN  Brian Hartline, MIA WR

BN  Lamar Miller, MIA RB

BN  DeAngelo Williams, CAR RB

BN Jacob Tamme, DEN TE

BN Justin Tucker, BAL K

I am iffy about the Denver defense with Dumervil gone and Von out but that was the only decent team left. I was also thinking about releasing one of my bench player and maybe picking up Malcom Floyd, SD WR. How did I do and what do you guys think?

No I agree, just funny how true it is.

MSUHitman - You get Brady in the 3rd rd.? Probably could've waited and got a Top 8 WR instead with Graham, would've been murder.

& I'd still go Cecil over Miles Austin. Jags just literally have no other reliable weapons even if it is Gabbert. If it's PPR I wouldn't mind trying Woodhead out later if someone's on a bye week.

Tough, but I'd still like Cam...I have Vick & Eli in one of my leagues and I'm going Vick because of the Skins questionable secondary. And Eli seemed to struggle against the Cowboys last season.

Abscess - I like Tampa Bay this year. But can't go wrong with either.
QB's were going fast, 3 of the top QB's (Rodgers, Manning, & Brees) were picked round 1. Most of the top WR had been picked by the time it got to me in the third round (best one available was Roddy White) so I decided to go QB to be safe. I don't know if all ESPN leagues do this, but TE are only available for the Flex position so nobody was touching Graham and he was the best pass catcher on the board so I grabbed him round 4 and then went targeting 2nd tier WR's to fill out the starting lineup.

I was leaning toward's Cam but couldn't remember how Eli did against the Boys last year, thanks.

So these are the results from my 8-team Yahoo League with the Ragtag CAG's, had the 7 spot again:

Arian Foster

Trent Richardson

Cam Newton

Roddy White

Dwayne Bowe

Torrey Smith

Jason Whitten

MJD

Steve Smith

Eli Manning

Cecil Shorts

Ben Tate

Lance Moore

Justin Tucker

Tampa Bay D

I finally have a draft tonight. 1st of 2 keeper leagues I'm in and I think both my keepers in this are big steals.

Dez Bryant - Cost = 5th round pick

CJ Spiller - Cost = 9th Round Pick

The "keeper steal of the year" though goes to the guy in this league who picked AP with the 1st pick in the 4th round last year. Everyone avoided him due in last year's draft due to the knee injury and now his cost for the best RB in football is only a 4th round pick!

Edit: I draft 6/12 which sucks cuz I draft poorly when I'm in the middle typically. But here's the question at hand... Megatron is available this year and he may infact fall to me.

So I have the option of getting an fantastic RB/RB combo probably but the Dez/Megatron combo is really, really tempting. What do you guys think?

(i should note this is a 1/2 pt ppr league, o-line up = QB, RB, RB, WR,WR, TE, RB/WR Flex)

Edit2: I stand corrected my draft position will be 6/12...

I don't know who Pettigrew is but Julius Thomas is the No.1 TE on the Broncos depth chart and is consider by many in Denver to be a freak athlete who saw him in training camp. The guy can jump and was catching everything from Manning.

blueweltall - wow, how many people were in that league, get me in on that lmao. How you made out with Lynch, Morris, Dez, and Ridley is ridiculous for standard scoring, Romo as your backup and excellent backup RB depth in DeAngelo who is pretty much a standard RB3 and Lamar Miller who is a low-end RB2/Flex option depending on his season is pretty damn good. You straight for the season pretty much since there's only two WR slots, Mike Williams is a good WR3 but I think you should definitely still go for some more WR depth to bolster that. Jacob Tamme is completely expendable. Who else is available I wonder if Malcolm Floyd is still on the wire? (Who's ADP is higher than some other players I think will break out)

MSUHitman - Well that's just stupid if 3 QB's went in the first round and it's not a 2QB/start league. I might've even gone another RB if I didn't like the WR's there (which Roddy is probably the point where I'd look elsewhere) and look for Stafford later, either way Graham is an absolute steal for a 4th rd. pick. He's mid 2nd rd. value. And there should be a TE position on ESPN, that's just weird. Still made out pretty well with your WR's. If Eli does do get against Dallas I'm gonna be pissed too lol, depending on Vick.

D3M0N1CH3ART - Forte, easily. PPR monster. Use him while he's healthy and try to get Michael Bush as a handcuff after Round 10 or at least get some good RB depth. You can probably get Vereen late around Round 7-8 for backup which is what I did. Got Forte is in two of my leagues. Top 12 RB in PPR, Lamar Miller is like a later 4th-5th rd. RB.

DuoMaxwell - I'd love CJ Spiller/Megatron over Megatron/Dez, but I wouldn't mind either honestly depending on who you already have at RB. It's only 2WR so if you get Megatron/Dez you'd be set. Then again, WR is pretty deep. Depends on who falls to you and what you feel like. Spiller/Calvin is the best value imo tho.

ajh2298 - Not gonna matter much imo. Why not? lol

MC Kage, it was a 10 person league. I never played fantasy football before but I was surprised that people where avoiding Morris and Dez. I got Lynch in the 1st, Morris 2nd, Dez 3rd, Luck 4th, and Ridley in the 5th. I think I jumped a bit early when I got Luck, could have got Reggie Wayne in the 4th and probably Luck later down the rounds. Malcolm Floyd is only the decent player that is healthy and available now in my league. I will probably drop Tamme after the first week and get Floyd depending on how Julius Thomas does on Thursday.

DuoMaxwell - I'd love CJ Spiller/Megatron over Megatron/Dez, but I wouldn't mind either honestly depending on who you already have at RB. It's only 2WR so if you get Megatron/Dez you'd be set. Then again, WR is pretty deep. Depends on who falls to you and what you feel like. Spiller/Calvin is the best value imo tho.
Well I get both Dez & CJ no matter what, we play some strange but IMo fair keeper rules in this league. It's 16-man rosters, 12 teams so pretty deep and we get 2 keepers per team, they just can't be at the same position. Also after the 1st year using them as a keeper you have to pay a "market value" draft pick for them. For example, if I want to use Spiller as a keeper next year I'd probably have to give up my 1st round pick instead of the 9th round pick. That's the real nice thing about having an off-line draft we can make our own league drafting rules rather than relying on yahoo. Draft is like in 45 mins and I still can't decide though...

MC Kage, it was a 10 person league. I never played fantasy football before but I was surprised that people where avoiding Morris and Dez. I got Lynch in the 1st, Morris 2nd, Dez 3rd, Luck 4th, and Ridley in the 5th. I think I jumped a bit early when I got Luck, could have got Reggie Wayne in the 4th and probably Luck later down the rounds. Malcolm Floyd is only the decent player that is healthy and available now in my league. I will probably drop Tamme after the first week and get Floyd depending on how Julius Thomas does on Thursday.
Yeah I've been getting Luck in Rounds 5-7, either way Ridley/5th and Dez/3rd are A+ steals man. Yeah I was just saying if DeAndre Hopkins or Josh Gordon/Justin Blackmon were available I'd pick them up and stash them since people might be afraid of their suspensions.

Duo - Oh ok, I've yet to do a keeper league yet so I'm not too familiar with it. That's definitely a different system than what I've heard but sounds cool.

Know any good leagues where ppl don't quit halfway? nfl.com has tons of quitters last year
Yes! Our league. We're a group of CAGs. This will be our 6th season on yahoo, and we currently have 9. So we definitely need 1 more. Maybe 3 more if a couple more are interested. pm me if you're interested. Thanks!

Going to drop J. Rodgers of the Falcons to pick up R. Hillman of the Broncos since they just named him the starter for at least week one. Do you guys thinks that's a good move? I might use him as my flex since I have C. Shorts and M. Austin as my two other options.

Flex Options:

R. Hillman(#1 RB Broncos)

M. Austin(#2 WR Cowboys)

C Shorts(#1 WR Jags)

Please pick one?.

Going to drop J. Rodgers of the Falcons to pick up R. Hillman of the Broncos since they just named him the starter for at least week one. Do you guys thinks that's a good move? I might use him as my flex since I have C. Shorts and M. Austin as my two other options.

Flex Options:

R. Hillman(#1 RB Broncos)

M. Austin(#2 WR Cowboys)

C Shorts(#1 WR Jags)

Please pick one?.
Shorts

So here's the team after draft #1. Obviously strong starters, some how stole David Wilson in round 3 while everyone was drafting the elite QBs. Not super crazy about my depth, especially at WR. Maybe a couple reaches there, but it's hard to build depth in double-keeper leagues without doing so.

QB - Matt Ryan (4th round)

RB - Ray Rice (1st round)

RB - CJ Spiller (keeper, cost 9th round)

WR - Julio Jones (2nd round)

WR - Dez Bryant (keeper, cost 5th round)

TE - Jason Witten (6th round)

Flex WRRB - David Wilson (3rd round)

K - David Akers (14th round)

Def - New England (8th round)

BN - Giovani Bernard (7th round)

BN - TY Hiltion (10th round)

BN - Vick Ballard (11th round)

BN - Julius Thomas (12th round)

BN - Ruben Randle (13th round)

BN - Ej Manuel (15th round)

BN - Andre Dobson (16th round)

Got my starters set in the keeper league

QB Ryan

WR Megatron

WR Welker

WR Mike Williams

RB Murray

RB Morris

TE Olsen

I have a spot in this PPR league for Flex WR/TE/RB. On my bench I've got Benard, Tate, Jennings, M. Bush, J. Rodgers, and Fred Davis. I was thinking about either Benard or Tate this week. Im not certain how I feel about Jennings (picked him up way too early and their might be better picks on the Wavier wire) or Rodgers (super late pick). 

DEF

Seattle

K

Walsh

I have a spot in this PPR league for Flex WR/TE/RB. On my bench I've got Benard, Tate, Jennings, M. Bush, J. Rodgers, and Fred Davis. I was thinking about either Benard or Tate this week. Im not certain how I feel about Jennings (picked him up way too early and their might be better picks on the Wavier wire) or Rodgers (super late pick).

I'd say Tate. I really like Benard and think he could indeed be a top 12 RB by their bye week and payoff big near season's end. But a week 1 start is risky because his role is not set with the team and the Lawfirm is still there to steal goalline carries.

10 team ppr league. I had the 4th pick.

QB - Brees (1st)
RB - Spiller (2nd)
RB - C. Johnson (3rd)
WR - W. Welker (4th)
WR - J. Nelson (6th)
TE - B. Myers (11th)
Flex - D. Wilson (5th)
DEF - Chicago (16th)
K - J. Tucker (14th)
IDP - J. Mayo (12th)
IDP - Daryl Smith (17th)

BN - Roethlisberger (13th)
BN - DeAngelo Williams (9th)
BN - P. Garcon (7th)
BN - T.Y Hilton (8th)
BN - K. Britt (10th)
BN - S. Rice (15th)

QBs in our league get 6 pts for TDs and .3/-.3 pts for completions/incompletions. I was really surprised that my first 3 picks fell to me. Also, was happy to get David Wilson in the 5th and the Bears' D in the 16th. Any thoughts?

bread's done
Back