Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread

[quote name='kube00']Here we go for this week
WR
Do I start Greg Jennings over Miles austin or Mike Sims-Walker

RB's
Rashard Mendenhall over Jason Snelling?[/QUOTE]

Gotta start Mendenhall and I'd go wtih Sims-Walker here.

[quote name='Danimal']Who do you guys like for today: Chad Ochocinco (at OAK) or Miles Austin (vs. WAS)?[/QUOTE]

Ochocinco. I'm starting Austin in my league and given the chance I'd bench him for Ocho.

I'm going to say Scott. Hopefully, he'll get the majority of the touches against a terrible Oakland run D. I say hopefully because I'm starting him myself.

EFF YOU Greg Jennings. He has been a dog in my lineup all season and I finally bench him - you know the rest. This seems to happen to me every week no mater who I pick to start. I don't know why I subject myself to this every week.

Yeah, I blew it on Jennings. Seriously, the Pack have a gaping hole in their O-line and Dallass can't do anthing about it? Damn. Oh, and I know Dallas should be running more than they are, but come the fuck on and throw the damn ball.

I picked up T.O. off the waiver wire on a hunch that he would have a good game against Jacksonville's terrible pass defense, but talked myself out of starting him at the last minute. He has 23 points so far. fuck.

[quote name='javeryh']EFF YOU Greg Jennings. He has been a dog in my lineup all season and I finally bench him - you know the rest. This seems to happen to me every week no mater who I pick to start. I don't know why I subject myself to this every week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='2Fast']I picked up T.O. off the waiver wire on a hunch that he would have a good game against Jacksonville's terrible pass defense, but talked myself out of starting him at the last minute. He has 23 points so far. fuck.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Oh man, I shouldn't laugh, but I feel for you guys. I do the same thing myself every friggin' week. Last week I had Jonathan Stewart's 21 points wasted on my bench while Ced Benson gave me 2 (To be fair, he got hurt, and is normally a better start than Stewart) and Steve Smith's 2 TDs and 17 points went to waste while Austin and Ochocinco combined for 7 points. This week Austin again did nothing in my starting lineup. Ochocinco has matched him already.

What do you guys think between Matt Schaub vs Tennessee or Donovan McNabb vs Chicago? We use standard Yahoo scoring in my league. Right now I have Schaub in.

[quote name='Danimal']:lol: Oh man, I shouldn't laugh, but I feel for you guys. I do the same thing myself every friggin' week. Last week I had Jonathan Stewart's 21 points wasted on my bench while Ced Benson gave me 2 (To be fair, he got hurt, and is normally a better start than Stewart) and Steve Smith's 2 TDs and 17 points went to waste while Austin and Ochocinco combined for 7 points. This week Austin again did nothing in my starting lineup. Ochocinco has matched him already.[/QUOTE]

Luckily the guy I'm playing started Peyton over Favre. :lol:

I went with Sims-Walker and Sidney Rice over Steve Smith this week. I was kicking myself until today. Nice!

Well, I'm up 11 with Schaub and Slaton set to play tomorrow. Normally I would be happy with this, but I'm going against Chris Johnson, who scares the fuck out of me.

Well, I ended up winning 108-99 this week and clinching my division (8-3). One more win for me over the final 2 weeks or one more loss by one particular other team will clinch a first round bye for me in our playoffs, which would mean I'd be guaranteed to finish in the money. (Pot gets split between the top 4 teams) This almost makes up for that horrible loss by my Steelers today. Almost.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']What do you guys think between Matt Schaub vs Tennessee or Donovan McNabb vs Chicago? We use standard Yahoo scoring in my league. Right now I have Schaub in.[/QUOTE] Pure, if I had seen this post in time, I would have advised sticking with Schaub. Did you leave him in? McNabb had decent numbers, but nothing Schaub can't match or beat.

[quote name='Danimal'] Pure, if I had seen this post in time, I would have advised sticking with Schaub. Did you leave him in? McNabb had decent numbers, but nothing Schaub can't match or beat.[/QUOTE]

I'd be cautious against a Titans team that is showing last year's life after the bye.

I have some interesting matchups this week. Who should I start?

Jones-Drew vs San Francisco
Tomlinson vs Kansas City
Forsett vs St. Louis
K. Smith vs Green Bay

Tomlinson and Forsett have really good matchups in their favor but how can I bench MJD (even if he's going against a good run defense)? I currently have sole possesion of the wild card spot and am 1.5 games behind the division leader (whom I face this week).

I'll say this: Detroit and Green Bay are gold on Thanksgiving. Always have been, always will. With that, I'm playing Smith on Thursday. I'm also playing Barber and Austin, because Dallas gets it together on Turkey day, too.

Am I alone in hating having players on Thursday night and loving players on Monday night?

What do you guys think this week, Rice or DeAngelo? I'm thinking DeAngelo because of Ray Rice's matchup vs. Pittsburgh linebackers.

[quote name='emg28']I have some interesting matchups this week. Who should I start?

Tomlinson vs Kansas City
Forsett vs St. Louis
K. Smith vs Green Bay

Tomlinson and Forsett have really good matchups in their favor but how can I bench MJD (even if he's going against a good run defense)? I currently have sole possesion of the wild card spot and am 1.5 games behind the division leader (whom I face this week).[/QUOTE]

Tough choice honestly I would probably lean toward MJD( I would start him even with the match-up but beware that the last time Jacksonville traveled across the country he only had 5 points against Seattle) or LDT (he is starting to look better but not sure if he will need to work all day). The Lions will probably be playing from behind most of the day so that means Dante chucking the pigskin all over the place and little need for Smith. Forsett is a risk since it looks like Jones will start on Sunday he will still probably be involved in the passing game though.

[quote name='Mike23']Am I alone in hating having players on Thursday night and loving players on Monday night?

What do you guys think this week, Rice or DeAngelo? I'm thinking DeAngelo because of Ray Rice's matchup vs. Pittsburgh linebackers.[/QUOTE]

Even though Pittsburgh is not the same D with Troy P I would still take Williams over him.

[quote name='emg28']I have some interesting matchups this week. Who should I start?

Tomlinson vs Kansas City
Forsett vs St. Louis
K. Smith vs Green Bay

Tomlinson and Forsett have really good matchups in their favor but how can I bench MJD (even if he's going against a good run defense)? I currently have sole possesion of the wild card spot and am 1.5 games behind the division leader (whom I face this week).[/QUOTE]I think MJD is one of those guys you start no matter who he's going against. I'd go with him and LaDanian.

[quote name='Mike23']Am I alone in hating having players on Thursday night and loving players on Monday night?

What do you guys think this week, Rice or DeAngelo? I'm thinking DeAngelo because of Ray Rice's matchup vs. Pittsburgh linebackers.[/QUOTE]Definitely DeAngelo.

I'm also not crazy about Thursday night games from a fantasy perspective. If someone on your opponent's team goes off on a Thursday night, your weekend is ruined 2 days before it even gets there. Plus, when you have guys that are questionable because of injuries, it can put you in a tough spot for lineup decisions.

What do you guys think this week, Rice or DeAngelo? I'm thinking DeAngelo because of Ray Rice's matchup vs. Pittsburgh linebackers.[/QUOTE]

Mondays are the bomb for two reasons: Studs perform best in the spotlight (and Monday night is the spotlight) and you've still got something to hope for after Sunday. I also agree on hating Thursday games for the fantasy perspective, but Thanksgiving isn't really Thursday in that it's more like Monday. It is the spotlight, and on this day teams have always brought a little more to the table (like that? table. Thanksgiving. pun.) than they would on Sunday.

Now, I like Williams, but Rice is all Baltimore has right now. The rest of their offense is under-performing, and Rice catches passes. However, if Stewart is out you have to play Williams.

[quote name='Danimal']:lol: Oh man, I shouldn't laugh, but I feel for you guys. I do the same thing myself every friggin' week. Last week I had Jonathan Stewart's 21 points wasted on my bench while Ced Benson gave me 2 (To be fair, he got hurt, and is normally a better start than Stewart) and Steve Smith's 2 TDs and 17 points went to waste while Austin and Ochocinco combined for 7 points. This week Austin again did nothing in my starting lineup. Ochocinco has matched him already.[/QUOTE]
Yup, it never fails. I've been thinking about putting Miles Austin on my bench the last two weeks but didn't, and he gave me squat. This week I finally benched him, and he goes off. 25.5 points in our league's scoring format, wasted. :censored:

Unless my team goes off for some huge pts on Sunday it looks like I'm headed for my 5th straight loss... Of course my opponent had to have GB defense, Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson and Steve Smith in today. He's scored 66 pts and still has 5 yet to play.

I'd totally kick ass in that Fantasy draft. First round, pick up Leftover Turkey (going to have far more carries). Second would be Sweet Potatoes. Draft Pumpkin Pie in the 3rd with Cool Whip as the handcuff (late round). Make sure to grab some Peking Duck as my sleeper. I'll totally tear it up.

Apple pie a la mode at 28 and Corn on the cob at 33 were the steals of the draft.

I would have made the mistake of taking Pecan Pie way too early, maybe even in the first round, depending on my draft position. Considering it was still on the board heading into Round 4, not a great value pick on my part.

Man, I have no reliable choices at RB. Slaton splits carries way too much and the normally reliable workhorse Benson is still banged up. I have to choose two of the following:

Addai
Benson
Charles
Slaton
Snelling
Forsett

Also I have to pick between defenses that look to each have a very favorable matchup. Do I take the Bengals D vs. the Browns or SD vs. KC?

Big Ben out, so I'm thinking about moving Mendehall to the pine. The matchup wasn't great to start with & if I'm the Ravens I load up the box and make Dixon beat me. Thoughts?

[quote name='Chitown021']Man, I have no reliable choices at RB. Slaton splits carries way too much and the normally reliable workhorse Benson is still banged up. I have to choose two of the following:

Addai
Benson
Charles
Slaton
Snelling
Forsett

Also I have to pick between defenses that look to each have a very favorable matchup. Do I take the Bengals D vs. the Browns or SD vs. KC?[/QUOTE]

I'd take Jamal Charles and Jason Snelling. However, Forsett, Addai and Benson (Cedric? If he plays) can all have big days.
I'd be happy with any of those guys.
My RBs in my main league are Charles, B. Jacobs and Beanie Wells...

I'd take Cincy's D over SD. I think the Chiefs will make it tough.

I'd take SD D over Cincy D. No matter how crappy one team's record might be, when facing each other, Cincy and the dawgs play tough. Case in point, it took an overtime field goal for the Bengals to beat the Browns the first time this year.

For the RBs? Take Charles and Forsett. Unless Turner doesn't play, then toss in Snelling instead of Charles.

[quote name='klwillis45']Big Ben out, so I'm thinking about moving Mendehall to the pine. The matchup wasn't great to start with & if I'm the Ravens I load up the box and make Dixon beat me. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Probably a good call. If I had Mendenhall I would bench him unless I had absolutely no other options.

[quote name='Kilraven']I'd take SD D over Cincy D. No matter how crappy one team's record might be, when facing each other, Cincy and the dawgs play tough. Case in point, it took an overtime field goal for the Bengals to beat the Browns the first time this year.

For the RBs? Take Charles and Forsett. Unless Turner doesn't play, then toss in Snelling instead of Charles.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to watch the injury report right up to gametime as far as choosing my RBs goes. Good call on the Cincy D. The last couple of times I've played them when I thought I had a "sure thing" was the game you mentioned and last week when they coughed one up against the Raiders. Plus it's a D/ST league (sorry I didn't mention it earlier) so we get pts off returns as well. Sproles is always a threat in the return game. My only fear is that KC does make it tough on them and it ends up being a 35 - 30 game. I guess in a way that would be good since I will be starting Vincent Jackson and possibly Jamaal Charles.

I'm trying to decide whether to start Chris Chambers ahead of Steve Smith (CAR) or Ochocinco this week. I brilliantly benched Miles Austin, so my WR spot is already a fiasco this week. Chambers has had a couple nice games since KC picked him up, and this is a "something to prove" game for him. Smith will be covered by shutdown corner Darrelle Revis this week, and Ochocinco has given me 18.5 points total for his last 3 games combined.

Also, Heath Miller or Brent Celek? With Big Ben out, Miller could be a popular dumpoff target for Dixon.... or he could be stuck on an offense that goes nowhere all day. With McNabb at QB, Celek sometimes seems to be a forgotten man.

Just a note that if anyone has Roethlisberger be sure to bench him tomorrow. He's not playing despite what he stated earlier in the week.

Edit: looks like you guys already mentioned it :)

RB question
Who do I start:
Ricky Williams and Pierre Thomas
or
Jason Snelling (Turner might be back) and Rashard Mendenhall

[quote name='kube00']RB question
Who do I start:
Ricky Williams and Pierre Thomas
or
Jason Snelling (Turner might be back) and Rashard Mendenhall[/QUOTE]

I would go Ricky Williams & Pierre Thomas. I think Mendenhall is going to have a rough game since Big Ben is out and all three of the backs are active for ATL so who knows how many carries he's going to get.

Looks like Cedric Benson is inactive today so that eliminates one of my backs. I think I'm going with Charles & Forsett.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm trying to decide whether to start Chris Chambers ahead of Steve Smith (CAR) or Ochocinco this week. I brilliantly benched Miles Austin, so my WR spot is already a fiasco this week. Chambers has had a couple nice games since KC picked him up, and this is a "something to prove" game for him. Smith will be covered by shutdown corner Darrelle Revis this week, and Ochocinco has given me 18.5 points total for his last 3 games combined.

Also, Heath Miller or Brent Celek? With Big Ben out, Miller could be a popular dumpoff target for Dixon.... or he could be stuck on an offense that goes nowhere all day. With McNabb at QB, Celek sometimes seems to be a forgotten man.[/QUOTE]

Chris Chambers is THE main man for KC right now but I don't know if I could play him ahead of Smith or Ocho. I would go Celek over Miller.

Are you fucking kidding me? Did Matt Ryan get hurt? I noticed that Redman is showing as the leading passer for them. That would be just my fucking luck this year!

EDIT: ESPN is saying he's out with a toe injury. DAMMIT!

Matt Ryan and Vincent Jackson did me in this week. C'mon Jackson you've been a non-factor for the last several weeks. Also thanks alot Ryan. You stub your toe and my team takes the big fat zero from you!

Dammit. What are the chances Jamaal Charles gets 2 TDs? I'm so annoyed... anyway, what are my chances tomorrow?

Me: NO DEF and S. Gostkowski
Him: M. Colston

I'm ahead by EXACTLY one point in a NON-PPR league. Am I going to win? My entire season hangs in the balance!!!

matt ryans injury pretty much sealed my fate for the season. i had a chance at making the playoffs, but after i lose this week ill need to win out and have multiple teams lose out.

[quote name='javeryh']Dammit. What are the chances Jamaal Charles gets 2 TDs? I'm so annoyed... anyway, what are my chances tomorrow?

Me: NO DEF and S. Gostkowski
Him: M. Colston

I'm ahead by EXACTLY one point in a NON-PPR league. Am I going to win? My entire season hangs in the balance!!![/QUOTE]

Depends on what happens in the endzone...

I think you're good, but that's me.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Well, Matt Ryan's toe officially screwed me.[/QUOTE]

i picked up jay cutler for next week because they play STL next week. in order to make the playoffs ill need to win my last 2 games and hope other teams go on a losing streak.

bread's done
Back