Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

If you have a Friend in a game, you can join those pretty easily. I've only had one of those tries fail but that's because the game was full.

[quote name='KingBroly']Hey, if you guys can do me a favor. When you get a Trophy besides the following can you post a link to the Playstation.com Trophy icon for it? That'd help me out a bit.

Oh, It's on
Got wood?
Half the Calories eat twice as much
Father McHealy
Little Pecker
Fed Zeppelin
The Cake is not a lie![/QUOTE]
Oh, It's on and Got wood? are
616E047C789558DF9F3F9B80541DB88626A84024.PNG

"sorry, it was not possible to connect to that particular game host. Please try again."

Ugh, can't get into a game...any suggestions?

[quote name='chrisc133']"sorry, it was not possible to connect to that particular game host. Please try again."

Ugh, can't get into a game...any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Keep trying...it took me six times to get into my first game. You could also try hosting a match,

ok... I read through the last few pages of comments, and my take is that this is mainly a multiplayer game? I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of throwing away $15 on a game that has as many problems getting into a game as has been reported here, but on the other hand, the hype machine has me just about convinced, and it does look like a fan-damn-tastic fun title.

Is there any single player aspect to this game, and is it worth the $15 just for that, or is it mostly about the mp like Left For Dead?

bought it today. and quite frankly they just throw you to the wolves. The story mode is good for learning how the game types work but pretty bad at teaching you the ins and outs of the classes.

That said the game is about as complex as I expected so 20 minutes later I've got a firm grip on how it works. all in all I like it. i likes it a lot.

[quote name='guyjr']ok... I read through the last few pages of comments, and my take is that this is mainly a multiplayer game? I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of throwing away $15 on a game that has as many problems getting into a game as has been reported here, but on the other hand, the hype machine has me just about convinced, and it does look like a fan-damn-tastic fun title.

Is there any single player aspect to this game, and is it worth the $15 just for that, or is it mostly about the mp like Left For Dead?[/QUOTE]

for me, the sp is just as fun as you would get for playing against bots
the AI is horrible in the second to last level. i gave up on that.

[quote name='Paco']I was playing this game for a while. Some new person asked what this game was about and someone said this.

Your goal is to capture your bitch and keep their fat bitch. It doesn't matter who wins because either way you still have a fat bitch somewhere in the castle. So even if you win, you lose.[/QUOTE]

Words to live by.

[quote name='guyjr']ok... I read through the last few pages of comments, and my take is that this is mainly a multiplayer game? I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of throwing away $15 on a game that has as many problems getting into a game as has been reported here, but on the other hand, the hype machine has me just about convinced, and it does look like a fan-damn-tastic fun title.

Is there any single player aspect to this game, and is it worth the $15 just for that, or is it mostly about the mp like Left For Dead?[/QUOTE]I'd say $15 is about the upper limit of what I'd like to pay for this game. and I'd have much rather paid $10. But it is a good game so don't take that as a complaint. The game is really heavily MP focused. There is a SP mode but from what I've seen it's mostly for laughs. It's like playing Unreal Tournament sure you can throw bots in there but that's no fun. The real fun is playing with people.

Now as for getting into a game. Personally I've had huge problems connecting to hosts, but I don't think that's the game's fault as I have the same issue with Burnout Paradise. I've said it elsewhere but my PS3 is killing my router and I don't know how.

One of the cool things about getting a game during it's opening week is how many people are still playing. I once started a Burnout session and noone came in for 20 minutes. I started a FP session and while I'm not entirely sure of the timing I noticed some human behavior by the 2nd round (though they might have been there earlier) and I was hearing voices by R3. of course by R4 my connection was killed but again that's something on my end.

Is there any single player aspect to this game, and is it worth the $15 just for that, or is it mostly about the mp like Left For Dead?[/QUOTE]I'd say $15 is about the upper limit of what I'd like to pay for this game. and I'd have much rather paid $10. But it is a good game so don't take that as a complaint. The game is really heavily MP focused. There is a SP mode but from what I've seen it's mostly for laughs. It's like playing Unreal Tournament sure you can throw bots in there but that's no fun. The real fun is playing with people.

Now as for getting into a game. Personally I've had huge problems connecting to hosts, but I don't think that's the game's fault as I have the same issue with Burnout Paradise. I've said it elsewhere but my PS3 is killing my router and I don't know how.

One of the cool things about getting a game during it's opening week is how many people are still playing. I once started a Burnout session and noone came in for 20 minutes. I started a FP session and while I'm not entirely sure of the timing I noticed some human behavior by the 2nd round (though they might have been there earlier) and I was hearing voices by R3. of course by R4 my connection was killed but again that's something on my end.[quote name='IceSharktank']can anyone connect to a host? a bunch of my friends and I can't connect to a game.[/QUOTE]no. but when I create a game people can connect to me... maybe it isn't my connection?
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is it true that it doesn't support local co-op?[/QUOTE]yes. it's kinda like Starcraft.. that's a game that just wouldn't work in split screen.. same with FP.
[quote name='fizzywix']If you're having a lot of trouble connecting, make your own game. Play with bots until people join. I made a game and had it filled up w/ 32 players in less than 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]word.. that's exactly what I did as well.[quote name='evergoo']Can you reserve slots for friend-invites only? For example, 16-on-16 battle, 20 are friends, 12 are AI, and more friends (not strangers) can join in and occupy the AI slots? Also, what's the smallest game you can make? 1-on-1 or 2-on-2s?[/QUOTE]yeah you can reserve friend slots. When you pick "Control Freaks" the last option is to select # of slots just L/R.

[quote name='Wolfkin']
yes. it's kinda like Starcraft.. that's a game that just wouldn't work in split screen.. same with FP.
word.. that's exactly what I did as well.[/QUOTE]

yeah but like.... the maps arent even that big?

if u split the screen into fours it would work just fine imo.

ure eyes might bleed from the constant acction, but it would stll work

it's not even a matter of size it's a matter of flow. You can split a game like Goldeneye or Halo or any FPS because you only need to focus on one area what's in front of you. With a game like Fat Princess you need viewing space all around you. and because of the speed and hectic nature you can't afford to have a buddy tag along locked to the same areas like in a beat-em-up like Alien Hominid. Four Swords/X-Men Legends this game is not.

speaking of maps. Maybe it'll be different when I have them memorized but I'd kinda like a minimap. it'd be useful to see the capture points and where EXACTLY the princess is. Last game I was in three of us were nearly going bonkers trying to figure out where the princess was because the only guy who could see her wasn't describing it well.

Fat Princess Home Space? good idea? bad idea? any remote chance of likelyhood?

[quote name='Wolfkin']i Fat Princess Home Space? good idea? bad idea? any remote chance of likelyhood?[/QUOTE]

They have a Home space.. You can win a Throne for your apartment if you answer 8 trivia questions on the game.

I really love this game. I'll hop on real quick to play a single game, next thing I know it's two hours last and I've played 4 or 5 games.

[quote name='Sinistar']They have a Home space.. You can win a Throne for your apartment if you answer 8 trivia questions on the game.[/QUOTE]ugh. have i been away from home that long or is it really that new. either way I feel like the other end of this conversation.

this game is fun, just playing story mode or whatever

my story book glitched and all the photos overlapped and the words Lol.

3775764575_d21ff2cc9b.jpg

ugh.. you guys are right Chapter Six is bloody hard. it's like you just stabbed an ant hill and you're trying to get all the ants running crazy to march in order. and I still haven't figured out how to call for help. You push up and maybe somoenhelps you... maybe not. it's just crazy.

I haven't read the whole thread... but has any one else watched the credits to the game yet?
Made me chuckle.

[quote name='UnderHero5']I haven't read the whole thread... but has any one else watched the credits to the game yet?
Made me chuckle.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, it's been mentioned a dozen times already.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dang... should of saved my PSN Card for Shooter. The game just seems like a cluster F. Bah...[/QUOTE]

lol this game is like a really simplified version of DOTA mixed with capture the flag using maple story graphics.

:)

I hope they release a free dlc like they did Castle Crashers to make up for the buggy release. It takes me forever to get into an online game, and when I do, it's laggy as anything.

I still think they could implement splitscreen. They just have everything zoomed out more so that you see the same amount.

[quote name='Wolfkin']it's not even a matter of size it's a matter of flow. You can split a game like Goldeneye or Halo or any FPS because you only need to focus on one area what's in front of you. With a game like Fat Princess you need viewing space all around you. and because of the speed and hectic nature you can't afford to have a buddy tag along locked to the same areas like in a beat-em-up like Alien Hominid. Four Swords/X-Men Legends this game is not.

speaking of maps. Maybe it'll be different when I have them memorized but I'd kinda like a minimap. it'd be useful to see the capture points and where EXACTLY the princess is. Last game I was in three of us were nearly going bonkers trying to figure out where the princess was because the only guy who could see her wasn't describing it well.

Fat Princess Home Space? good idea? bad idea? any remote chance of likelyhood?[/QUOTE]

Hit select dude

Yeah the "select" minimap is useful, but not very practical if you are in the middle of a fight or something.. I would rather have a minimap on the bottom right hand side of the HUD.

Haha cool comic Paco.

There's a thing in the stats that shows your most multiplayer sequential kills, which should be obvious. I think it's on the 4th page, but I could be completely wrong about that.

For the soccer, I think it's the last map choice.

Played a round earlier where our princess got stuck in the ground in the middle of the map and disappeared. Didn't respawn either. Makes me wonder who playtested this thing.

[quote name='Magus8472']Makes me wonder who playtested this thing.[/QUOTE]

Don't blame the testers, its the developers in the end that decide what to fix and not fix, and most developers are pretentious pricks who think their code is perfect first time.

[quote name='Sinistar']Yeah the "select" minimap is useful, but not very practical if you are in the middle of a fight or something.. I would rather have a minimap on the bottom right hand side of the HUD.[/QUOTE]the map is barely ok for learning purposes but yeah a minimap would have been so much more preferable. Heck I'd even take a transluscent center map ala X-Men Legends.

[quote name='Wolfkin']the map is barely ok for learning purposes but yeah a minimap would have been so much more preferable. Heck I'd even take a transluscent center map ala X-Men Legends.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how helpful the map is to beginning players, but for me its the single greatest asset one can learn to use. Being able to see where every person in the game (and their class) is a very powerful tool. You can figure out if the enemy has a catapult, where their main fighting force is, the easiest way to sneak into their base without much opposition, when their base is relatively empty...used properly, you and one or two others can steal princesses with far greater chances of success than brute-forcing through the main door.

Besides, the best way to learn maps is to just explore. Even a minimap won't tell you where all the shortcuts are.

I see you watching my back with the Pope, Dmunkee ;) That first game we were dominating (at least in individual points). I had the grim reaper status and everything. Too bad I might miss out on the game night.

Yeah Mad D, that first game was definitely a blast. The wizard/priest team makes for a good combination, racked up a lot of kills and stayed alive for pretty long stretches during that first game. The second game was a huge standstill :lol:, that lava stage is brutal.

Played a few games with Wolfkin earlier too, sorry I couldn't get my headset working during our games. That was also the first deathmatches I played, so I was shocked to not see a princess in a cage :lol:

Played Fat Princess for the first time last night and got to the lava level (stage 4-5?). Very fun game. The first single player stage took me like an hour b/c I was going Rambo, not upgrading when I should have, and especially being stubborn by trying to capture an outpost. Don't forget to use dpad folks.

Gonna have to test out massive human online battles for the first time before the big CAG showdown. ;)

P.S. Who's Your Daddy? :lol:

[quote name='advanced']Don't blame the testers, its the developers in the end that decide what to fix and not fix, and most developers are pretentious pricks who think their code is perfect first time.[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite. The problem is that some problems are so deep rooted in the class design/game architectural setup that make it too hard to unravel/re-engineer the game in time. Most software engineers actually know that they decide to make something WORK first rather than PERFECT first, because it's so hard to see the end product from the beginning. I have a feeling you have no idea what it's like to work on a project of this scope, never mind full retail games.

Man I havemixed feelings about this game.....it's main flaw is that everyone has is allowed to think for themselves lol...meaning the objective almost never gets met and everyone thinks they're Rambo. I also hate that the game is a bit "too" balanced there is no way to get an advantage in the game it's just one constant hack-n-slash button masher.... The Ai sucks horrendously in SP (many a times have I caught AI just standing around) . It's impossible to actually have an effect on the outcome of the game your playing because the game purposely make you feel like a meatbag. In my opinion I think it could have had a few more interestig game mechanics that allowed for the tide of battle to have a drastic chage e.g. (heroes/super spells or
even just a third tier of upgrades)-hopefully to come in future dlc. The game is awesome it's just not all there....as I'm not hooked. I had really high hopes :\.

bread's done
Back