FGT # XVIII misses fried chicken... f**k living in Orange County...

[quote name='LostRoad']Damn that was quick, you got in, in under a year? Enjoy PT, shitty six weeks. How long do you need to be in for three years or less for your citizenship?[/QUOTE]

Yea I've been here 7 months and I requested to be drafted early. I'm required to do only 6 months (since I became a citizen at 24).. but if I do less than a year and a half I can only get an army job... and not be a combat soldier. So, yeah.. I think 1.5 years is a solid compromise between special ops (3 years) and jobnik (6 months).

[quote name='Chacrana']I've never really been a college football fan, mostly because I never went to a school that had any sort of sports presence. How do I start?[/QUOTE]
go to a school with a sports presence
or go out with someone who goes to a school with a sports presence

[quote name='Chacrana']I've never really been a college football fan, mostly because I never went to a school that had any sort of sports presence. How do I start?[/QUOTE]

Don't. Just hate on your local team, root for the underdogs in every situation, and pray to god that it gets an actual playoff system sometime before you die.

Living in Pensacola is a riot because I'm on the border of a ton of big-time college teams. Everywhere I turn there are illiterate people who couldn't attend any college arguing over "their" teams.

Protip - if you didn't attend the school, you cannot claim ownership of a college team.

EDIT - Overly salty. I apologize. I'll leave it but yeah, I just needed to go run around outside for a while.

SNK tricked me once with KOF XII, they might get me to buy XIII when its $10 at Amazon with the soundtrack set.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kainzero']go to a school with a sports presence
or go out with someone who goes to a school with a sports presence[/QUOTE]

I'm going to University of Florida and just experienced a game day out in the public... honestly it sucks ass for someone who dosn't care (yet) about the team.

It also sucks twice for me because my personal graduate art studio is in the actual football stadium and I can't use it on game nights due to bomb inspections.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any other FGTers stoked for football season?

desean-jackson-philadelphia-eagless.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am. Glad all the drama during the Offseason is over.

Go Bucs! (even though they lost to Detroit today)

Also random shoutouts to Michigan for winning one wacky ass football game yesterday.

[quote name='asianxcore']I am. Glad all the drama during the Offseason is over.

Go Bucs! (even though they lost to Detroit today)

Also random shoutouts to Michigan for winning one wacky ass football game yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Tampa Bay? What's the connection?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Tampa Bay? What's the connection?[/QUOTE]

No connection. I became a fan around the time Dungy/Kiffin finally got that Defense dominant. I really like watching great Defensive teams, so I stuck with them ever since.

It was nice to see them rip up Oakland in the Super Bowl too.

I never liked the Lions even growing up there. Now living in NorCal I don't like the Niners or the Raiders.

The Bucs are the only team in a Sport that I like where there is no connection. Whereas MLB, NHL, NCAA I like the Giants/Tigers, Red Wings and U of M.

[quote name='asianxcore']No connection. I became a fan around the time Dungy/Kiffin finally got that Defense dominant. I really like watching great Defensive teams, so I stuck with them ever since.

It was nice to see them rip up Oakland in the Super Bowl too.

I never liked the Lions even growing up there. Now living in NorCal I don't like the Niners or the Raiders.

The Bucs are the only team in a Sport that I like where there is no connection. Whereas MLB, NHL, NCAA I like the Giants/Tigers, Red Wings and U of M.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I figured you were a Niners fan.

I just like all 4 Philly teams, and don't root for any college team (I went to a D2 school so I have no rooting interest)

i like Michigan because they have bad ass helmets.
also, my cousins went there and they kept giving me Michigan t-shirts.

when i went to UCSD i started to really like the chargers because i had no idea what it was like to have a pro football team. then i hated them when they let tomlinson go.
but now we have tolbert, what a baller

[quote name='kainzero']i like Michigan because they have bad ass helmets.
also, my cousins went there and they kept giving me Michigan t-shirts.
[/QUOTE]

I like this.

[quote name='asianxcore']I like this.[/QUOTE]
my grandpa also went there.
he had to take like a 1-month boat trip from the philippines and then a train.

what a baller

[quote name='kainzero']my grandpa also went there.
he had to take like a 1-month boat trip from the philippines and then a train.

what a baller[/QUOTE]

The school is awesome. When I first went onto campus as a kid there was a Wendy's inside the U of M Hospital in Ann Arbor.

Probably not there anymore, but that was some awesome shit.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Next time I see you online ura, and I'm not playing Breath of Fire 4, I'm gonna body you in 3S.

fuckING. BODIED.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Oh wait, Beef is on GAF all the time, he'll never see this message anyway.

Beef sucks.

Emilio says hi.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']The one on the right looks like a dude in a wig.[/QUOTE]

Thus the "==" argument still holds true. Kazuya on the right looks like a busted up dude as well.

So.. Gamefly has MvC3 on the triple for 15 bucks.

Should I?

I kinda miss playing it a bit. I originally had it on 360, but the d-pad on the controller sucks balls and I don't play fighting games enough to warrant the purchase of a good fight stick.

I know Ultimate is coming out soon, but for 15 bucks, might be nice to get a little practice in. I will probably get that down the line, but not unless I can find it used for a decent price.

[quote name='jello44']So.. Gamefly has MvC3 on the triple for 15 bucks.

Should I?

I kinda miss playing it a bit. I originally had it on 360, but the d-pad on the controller sucks balls and I don't play fighting games enough to warrant the purchase of a good fight stick.

I know Ultimate is coming out soon, but for 15 bucks, might be nice to get a little practice in. I will probably get that down the line, but not unless I can find it used for a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's almost half the price of UMvC3 and the changes might screw you up in the next iteration if you practice using that one. I'm not sure how much each character has changed, but I heard Dante lost a lot of his BnBs. It's only like... 2 more months, best just to wait it out.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone notice that Iron Fist fights sorta like Long from the Bloody Roar series?[/QUOTE]

Dawg, I am the foremost Blood Roar expert. I kinda got the same impression.

[quote name='asianxcore']I was so salty every single time I get hit with an Empty Jump Super/Ultra.[/QUOTE]
empty jump EX srk is my favorite move! it's like the best round finisher!

[quote name='Chacrana']Dawg, I am the foremost Blood Roar expert. I kinda got the same impression.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious...

I was though. Stomps, poses / forms during attacks, and that upward double-kick are like straight outta his arsenal. Both have a fighting style that naturally flows forward as they go through their moves. To me he looks a lot like him. Definitely digging it.

[quote name='distgfx']Nah, that's almost half the price of UMvC3 and the changes might screw you up in the next iteration if you practice using that one. I'm not sure how much each character has changed, but I heard Dante lost a lot of his BnBs. It's only like... 2 more months, best just to wait it out.[/QUOTE]

's what I figured. Thanks.

P4 fighter in action. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1316056150?via=thumb_watch

:drool:

There are way too many fighting games out next year already lol

Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament Twooooooooooooooooo
Sold Out Calibur 5
Dead or Alive Titty Sim 5
Persona Fighting Thingy
Virtua Fighter Final Hoedown
BlazBlue 2 point whatevah with all the DLC and new tweaks
? Probably be another KOF, Super Duper Hyper Extreme Rainbow Sprinkles Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
? Ultimate MK 9

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Not sure if serious...

I was though. Stomps, poses / forms during attacks, and that upward double-kick are like straight outta his arsenal. Both have a fighting style that naturally flows forward as they go through their moves. To me he looks a lot like him. Definitely digging it.[/QUOTE]

I was 100% serious. I've played enough Bloody Roar 1, 2 and 3, thank you very much. :nottalking:

Also don't forget, Eighting made Bloody Roar and MvC3.

bread's done
Back