FGT XXIII ver. 2013 buffed everyone but ReRo

been there done that, that shyt's old news!!

I even freakin met the guys who made Abobo's Adventure!

twice!

first time was at SC3 when they were showing it off on a custom cab.

second time was at Comic Con where I bought a shirt from them.

sheeeeyit man I'ma wear that shirt tonite!!

1znq2l3.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puAfOQJBVNQ

are things like lazors and alisa's missles usable in tekken ball?

Rip! I beat that guy first round at EVO in calibur, before playing the guy who got 5th :(

[quote name='kainzero']anybody playing sfxt 2013?

i should start training to be somewhat competitive at evo...[/QUOTE]

I'll play it with you.

Joeeee, any interest in getting a session going Sunday morning? I'm HELLA outta practice with this game so I definitely need to put some work in.

[quote name='kainzero']maybe. i don't think i have anything to do that day but i don't even know what anyone does anymore.[/QUOTE]

I never knew what anyone did besides Rolento and Hugo in the first place.

FCT fo lyfe~!!!

speakin of chicken, man I remember I was hanging out with Jim last year, and we went to Bojangles,

and I was like "aww yeay I'm all about dat coast to coast fried chicken sheeyit mang!"

all of that changed in december,

when I went overseas for vacation,

rihTKvy.jpg

FcIJmDN.jpg

now I'm officially fried chicken worldwide!!!

whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']are things like lazors and alisa's missles usable in tekken ball?

Rip! I beat that guy first round at EVO in calibur, before playing the guy who got 5th :([/QUOTE]

Nah, it's a feature in Tekken Ball where lazers, missles, and fires all automatically miss.

Unless you're Gon in Tekken 3 in which case fireball away

2i23jna.gif

Man Jekki, right before I left, these two cute Asian chicks were looking at that Phoenix Wright art piece that I bid on.

Then they bought it for the full price of $150.

Things like having throws take out red life, being able to punish rolls by throwing, and increased damage output makes matches much more intense. Though having the timer run during cinematic anything is still some dumb shit and it's still easy to turtle out time overs. I'm liking the changes so far.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Things like having throws take out red life, being able to punish rolls by throwing, and increased damage output makes matches much more intense. Though having the timer run during cinematic anything is still some dumb shit and it's still easy to turtle out time overs. I'm liking the changes so far.[/QUOTE]

That's probably the main thing that bugs me. Supers, especially team ones, still eat up a ton of clock. Why not just freeze the clock or slow down the count while they're going on? Oh, and command throws not taking red life. That sucks, too.

With the game the way it is now, if you make a mistake, you get punished hard. It feels like you really have to be much more on point with your spacing, footsies, and combos now, or else you're going to eat a 40-60% combo.

I put next to no time into the game when it was initially released a year ago, so I'm still learning about matchups. I still have basically no idea how to fight Tekken characters. It usually winds up with me going v8-[v in the middle of a string and mashing lariat.

[quote name='Arikado']That's probably the main thing that bugs me. Supers, especially team ones, still eat up a ton of clock. Why not just freeze the clock or slow down the count while they're going on? Oh, and command throws not taking red life. That sucks, too.

With the game the way it is now, if you make a mistake, you get punished hard. It feels like you really have to be much more on point with your spacing, footsies, and combos now, or else you're going to eat a 40-60% combo.

I put next to no time into the game when it was initially released a year ago, so I'm still learning about matchups. I still have basically no idea how to fight Tekken characters. It usually winds up with me going v8-[v in the middle of a string and mashing lariat.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's definitely bullshit that every damn cinematic thing in it just eats up clock. The right team super will just rape the clock. They do need to stop the clock or slow it down or something. Playing with uraizen, we still get a lot of time overs, but not as bad as they were. Then some matches are over in 15 seconds. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde level shit.

You do have to be on point, or you'll get fucked up hardcore against a good player, which i have no problems with. Keeps you on your toes, like a good fighter should. :bouncy:

I have no clue about matchups, but I'm rolling Kaz and Bison, seems like a good team. Kaz is there for the damage, Bison is there to be Bison. No clue about tiers either, since I haven't looked them up and it's probably a bit early to call for sure. I play Tekken, so it does help a bit if you're familiar with it, but it's not everything. Obviously it's a much different game. I'm liking it enough to keep playing, and I can't say that about AE at all at this point.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm ready for Street Fighter 5 or Alpha 4 or a new Darkstalkers (aka I'm ready for a totally new game)[/QUOTE]
Sadly they'll still be made by Dumps. . .:cry:

I don't care about anything as long as Guy is buff and playing him kinda feels like an alpha game. Two bushin chains into command throw has me lol pretty hard last night

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, it's definitely bullshit that every damn cinematic thing in it just eats up clock. The right team super will just rape the clock. They do need to stop the clock or slow it down or something. Playing with uraizen, we still get a lot of time overs, but not as bad as they were. Then some matches are over in 15 seconds. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde level shit.[/QUOTE]

Seems to depend on our mood throughout our matches. Most of the time outs were early on when we were trying out the changes to the SF chars. Once we started getting comfortable with our teams? That shit just flies.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sadly they'll still be made by Dumps. . .:cry:[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah, Dimpstalkers.

[quote name='distgfx']Seems to depend on our mood throughout our matches. Most of the time outs were early on when we were trying out the changes to the SF chars. Once we started getting comfortable with our teams? That shit just flies.
[/quote]
Mmm, true. Or if we do crouching staredowns because we're waiting to see what happens and who makes the first move. Provided we weren't picking different people, we usually beat each other's ass too much for time outs to happen. :bouncy:

fuck yeah, Dimpstalkers.

how-about-no-bear.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I'm ready for Street Fighter 5 or Alpha 4 or a new Darkstalkers (aka I'm ready for a totally new game)[/QUOTE]

I want new stuff honestly... Makes me miss Rumble Fish

There could be a 10 year moratorium on fighting games right now and I honestly wouldn't care. There are so many good games out. I could play and watch TTT2, UMVC3, SF x Tekken, and SF4 forever.

You don't need sequels to chess and checkers...unless you're David Sirlin

[quote name='Seraphinianus']There could be a 10 year moratorium on fighting games right now and I honestly wouldn't care. There are so many good games out. I could play and watch TTT2, UMVC3, SF x Tekken, and SF4 forever.[/QUOTE]

Tag 2 and Marvel are still fun to watch, and I guess it will be interesting to see how SFxT high level play starts to change, but I am way over SF4.

2 things... Got AE on 360 if anyone wants to play (previously only had it on PC) and also what's the easiest way to dual mod a 360 TE these days? I was gonna buy a PS3 Soul stick when Amazon had them for cheap the other day but I prefer my stick with the 6 button American style layout and extra spring in the stick to make it tighter.

bread's done
Back