Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BIG5']I don't think so. You probably already had a credit from another purchase and it was automatically applied.[/QUOTE]

That could be. I bought ME2 and then returned it.

[quote name='Metalic']This is hilarious. Probly the second more than the first. You heard it here first FF13 brings the friends/ladys.[/QUOTE]

While I know you're trolling, I'll respond anyway.

ME's story is bad. Very bad. I played it for about 7 hours before I grew tired of the gameplay and the story. I should not have to play more then that to like a game. The commercials for ME2 are even funnier, it takes itself way too seriously.

And when did I say ladies? As if ME attracts more ladies then FFXIII? Me and my friends play many games, they enjoy ME2 though I don't know why, while I hate it. Though I know that at least one of them has paid FFXIII in full at GS while the other placed an order at Amazon already, so I know we'll be talking for at least a week on how far we are on it and what we enjoyed/didn't enjoy about it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']

Also, the magazine gave FFXII a 9.4, so they don't hate on JRPGs. Maybe FFXIII just is too linear? I'm still buying it because I know it'll be the talk amongst my friends for awhile.[/QUOTE]

I dont get the whole LOL LINEAR thing people are complaining about. Did you guys not play any other Final Fantasy games? They are all linear FF12 took a turn for the worse. This is a return to form.

[quote name='TomJones4']I dont get the whole LOL LINEAR thing people are complaining about. Did you guys not play any other Final Fantasy games? They are all linear FF12 took a turn for the worse. This is a return to form.[/QUOTE]

FF10 had some wide open areas to go exploring. Sure most of it was linear(been a long time since i played it)

Havent played 11 or whatever the last PS2 one was. But there was always a time in the games to go do side quest in areas. Only the story path was linear.

[quote name='Metalic']FF10 had some wide open areas to go exploring. Sure most of it was linear(been a long time since i played it)[/QUOTE]

And so does this game. Exploring just means looking for that hidden treasure chest anyways. Its A JPRG its linear and thats what you get with JRPGs.

If you want an open-ended game go get a WRPG.

[quote name='TomJones4']And so does this game. Exploring just means looking for that hidden treasure chest anyways. Its A JPRG its linear and thats what you get with JRPGs.

If you want an open-ended game go get a WRPG.[/QUOTE]

Im not looking for a open ended game as others may be. Im satisfied with what FF13 mite be. Personally ive always felt there is just enough open endedness in FF games to where i didnt feel like i didnt have a choice.

[quote name='TomJones4']I dont get the whole LOL LINEAR thing people are complaining about. Did you guys not play any other Final Fantasy games? They are all linear FF12 took a turn for the worse. This is a return to form.[/QUOTE]

The only thing bad about FFXII, IMO, was the battle system. I loved everything else about that game, but I only got 30 hours in before I just said " fuck it, this battle system is garbage".

Loved the loot, loved the monster quest, loved the weather changes, HATED the battle system to the core. From what people at Gamefaqs say it was like an MMORPG(never played an MMORPG) battle system, and I hated it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']The only thing bad about FFXII, IMO, was the battle system. I loved everything else about that game, but I only got 30 hours in before I just said " fuck it, this battle system is garbage".

Loved the loot, loved the monster quest, loved the weather changes, HATED the battle system to the core. From what people at Gamefaqs say it was like an MMORPG(never played an MMORPG) battle system, and I hated it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I really didn't like that battle system. I only played it for a couple hours before giving up.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']The only thing bad about FFXII, IMO, was the battle system. I loved everything else about that game, but I only got 30 hours in before I just said " fuck it, this battle system is garbage".

Loved the loot, loved the monster quest, loved the weather changes, HATED the battle system to the core. From what people at Gamefaqs say it was like an MMORPG(never played an MMORPG) battle system, and I hated it.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly.
This battle system makes this game over 9000 times better already.

I have both the 360 and PS3 versions preordered. (One is going to the GF) I will also be getting the LE guide.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Oh snap! That's a pretty looking guidebook (I mean, the cover that is). I'm such a sucker for this stuff, I'll pick this up.

I'm familiar with guides from Brady, Prima, Nintendo and even Versus....I don't think I've ever had a Piggyback guide. Anybody know much about them?

Did a little 'net homework. Here's a big pick of the guide cover:

http://a.imagehost.org/0349/FFXIIICEGuide.jpg

And a quick synopsis of the bonus features:
The Final Fantasy XIII collector's edition guide is a pristine coffee table book, printed on superior quality art paper and encased in a hard cover. It is limited to just one print run and each copy is sequentially numbered.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...NTASY XIII COLLECTORS EDITION-_-9780307468383[/QUOTE]

Piggyback is the best out there now in my opinion. I have their DQVIII book and it is the most extensive guide I have seen.

On topic: the guide is available from multiple places and will likely not be rare and will likely not be worth more than you'll pay for it except for right around release. I don't think people will say "OMGOGMOGM individually numbered to 100k I'll pay $100 for it!"

FFXII LE guides are worth about 1/5th of retail price if that gives you any indication of market demand. Sure you could wait 10 years and probably make some money on it but there are plenty of better investments.

People don't like the beginning of FFXIII because the maps are literally straight shots and there is nowhere to wander. I really like the battle system so far.

[quote name='Jeoff']On topic: the guide is available from multiple places and will likely not be rare and will likely not be worth more than you'll pay for it except for right around release. I don't think people will say "OMGOGMOGM individually numbered to 100k I'll pay $100 for it!"

FFXII LE guides are worth about 1/5th of retail price if that gives you any indication of market demand. Sure you could wait 10 years and probably make some money on it but there are plenty of better investments.

People don't like the beginning of FFXIII because the maps are literally straight shots and there is nowhere to wander. I really like the battle system so far.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm buying it, but not because it'll be worth more later, but just so I can enjoy it now. Also, the Raiho plushie dolls for Devil Summoner 2 were numbered, and there are at least 500k of them I believe, judging by the numbering. Not rare. Numbered doesn't mean rare.

[quote name='Jeoff']People don't like the beginning of FFXIII because the maps are literally straight shots and there is nowhere to wander.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but isn't that the way all FF since VII (except XI) have been? A linear path until the developer feels the player is comfortable enough with the game's mechanics to allow them access to the entire game world.

Yeah, most of the Final Fantasies open up once you get access to world map. Unsure of the FFXIII as I've been trying to avoid spoilers.. but I have faith that the game will blow me away.

I really should get this game pre-ordered.. but like many others, I'm hoping for a CE (which according some, is not going to happen).

I like to get guides to be companion pieces to games. I'm old school, from the days when we didn't have all these fancy action figures and collectibles. Strat guides is all we got!

Hmm. I tend to just hit GameFAQs if I have trouble with a game, but it would be cool to have the CE guide if it has extra artwork and bonus stuff, like the CE guide for XII did.

ETA: Amazon's preorder price is down to $20.99. I decided to spring for it. :)

[quote name='Jodou']Why is this the default response every time an RPG from Japan gets a low score? Pretty sure the other Final Fantasy games came from Japan yet managed to get above average scores. First time one is questionably subpar and it's because our style varies?

Bullshit.[/QUOTE]

And you honestly think this doesn't have anything to do with it? There is a difference of style between JRPGs and WRPGs. You don't see Japan going all crazy over Mass Effect 2. Western audiences seem to value to "choices" aspect that Bioware puts into all their RPGs, while JRPGs focus on telling a story as the developers imagined it. So by western standards, yeah, fine, it's "linear" but it's a conscious decision on the developer's part. When last generation FFs game out, they didn't have WRPGs like ME to compare to, this generation, after DA:O and ME/ME2 it only serves to highlight the "linearity"

And there is definitely bias in that review. Do you honestly believe that Final Fantasy XIII, a game with such high production values and care, deserves a 70%? Look at what games normally get 70%, do you think FFXIII belongs there? More likely than not, as one of the first people getting a review out for western magazines, they'd print a low review for shock value to drive people to read their crap, in the process losing all credibility

[quote name='KingBroly']360 version will force you to switch discs twice.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']Disc 1 is the beginning and end, you'll switch back later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, almost immediately after I posted that I went to play ME2 and was finishing up the game and it asked for Disc 1 back again :lol:. So to keep this somewhat on topic it sure would be nice if the 360 disc install procedure allowed you to just then use one of the discs for all subsequent play. I mean, as long as it is always the same disc (eg, disc 1) then people still couldn't "share" the game.

[quote name='helmet']Maybe it has since been fixed, but when I first installed the game I don't believe I was supposed to be able to. From the game details menu (Y), I had to enter downloads menu and then return to the main menu in order for the install to hard drive option to appear. I installed both discs using this method, but the disc still spins up as normal. Its as if I'm playing without ever installing, but I have a huge 10GB useless file sitting on my pathetic 13GB hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Well, one thing I can tell you for sure is that the install worked for me on both discs in terms of the disc spinning up/360 airplane noise. Except for the very first spin-up upon starting the game, it is as quiet as it is for arcade games after that. So aside from having to switch discs twice (to 2, then back to 1 for the end) it worked pretty well for me.

So i have the FFXIII preordered at $56.99. I now have $10 credit from dante's inferno preorder. Is there any way for me to get that $10 towards FFXIII without canceling the order since the price raised to 59.99 now?

Not sure where to go for amazon customer service if thats the route I need to take? Can anyone help? Thanks

[quote name='sleepy180']So i have the FFXIII preordered at $56.99. I now have $10 credit from dante's inferno preorder. Is there any way for me to get that $10 towards FFXIII without canceling the order since the price raised to 59.99 now?

Not sure where to go for amazon customer service if thats the route I need to take? Can anyone help? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would take the amazon customer service route. I have had price changes done to my orders before through them. Its the safest route.

[quote name='sleepy180']So i have the FFXIII preordered at $56.99. I now have $10 credit from dante's inferno preorder. Is there any way for me to get that $10 towards FFXIII without canceling the order since the price raised to 59.99 now?

Not sure where to go for amazon customer service if thats the route I need to take? Can anyone help? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Wont happen. Ive tried similar things.

[quote name='Poor2More']I have a Order open that has a ECA discount, how do I add FFXIII to that order so it will also receive the discount? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Call and ask them to do it. I added 3D Dot Game Heroes to another order (with ECA) a few weeks back.

[quote name='TomJones4']Wont happen. Ive tried similar things.[/QUOTE]

I just emailed them a few hours ago and went to look and they took my $10 dante's inferno promotional credit and put it into my order of FFXIII which was at $56.99 when I preordered. So FFXIII for $46.99 woo woo.

Item(s) Subtotal: $46.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $46.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $46.99

Since I have destroyed Mass Effect 2 and it is almost 1000'd. I need FFXIII to be released next week lol.
Heres hoping I can tell Amazon to switch my regular edition to a CE. Please let that be announced on Feb.13th. PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Saw a FFXIII mini guide at GS last night. Apparently it just came in and you can get it for free if you preorder the game at GS.

The guide is slightly bigger than the size of a manual of a PS3 game but the paper is thicker and of a higher quality. There is a coupon in the mini guide for 10% off the full guide (still cheaper to buy it at amazon).

[quote name='sleepy180']I just emailed them a few hours ago and went to look and they took my $10 dante's inferno promotional credit and put it into my order of FFXIII which was at $56.99 when I preordered. So FFXIII for $46.99 woo woo.

-----
-----
Grand Total: $46.99[/QUOTE]

Nice.
Ive had them tell me time and time again they wont do it.

[quote name='eau']Saw a FFXIII mini guide at GS last night. Apparently it just came in and you can get it for free if you preorder the game at GS.

The guide is slightly bigger than the size of a manual of a PS3 game but the paper is thicker and of a higher quality. There is a coupon in the mini guide for 10% off the full guide (still cheaper to buy it at amazon).[/QUOTE]

Ooh thanks for the heads up. Now to wait for a CE announcement!

[quote name='sleepy180']I just emailed them a few hours ago and went to look and they took my $10 dante's inferno promotional credit and put it into my order of FFXIII which was at $56.99 when I preordered. So FFXIII for $46.99 woo woo.

-----
-----
Grand Total: $46.99[/QUOTE]
The only drawback of doing what you did is if Amazon drops the price further before launch you won't be eligible for a price adjustment since the price on you order is already $10 less. Also, if you have any % discount on your order, you would lose the same % on the amount of the credit.

hey do you guys know if stores other than gamestop are releasing this at midnight? Im trying to boycott gamestop after a bad experience with them. bestbuy maybe? or will walmart sell right away at 12 midnight? Thanks.

[quote name='c.gibbits']hey do you guys know if stores other than gamestop are releasing this at midnight? Im trying to boycott gamestop after a bad experience with them. bestbuy maybe? or will walmart sell right away at 12 midnight? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Walmart usually sells games at midnight. I would call them and ask.

I'm using release day shipping from Amazon.

[quote name='c.gibbits']hey do you guys know if stores other than gamestop are releasing this at midnight? Im trying to boycott gamestop after a bad experience with them. bestbuy maybe? or will walmart sell right away at 12 midnight? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I know of one Phoenix Best Buy doing a midnight opening but I can't imagine they all are...

[quote name='alexanderpink']Hoping for some news today![/QUOTE]

And here at the end of the day I am sorely disappointed, I was pretty excited for a CE/LE announcement, but nothing's happened :cry: In fact, did they do anything special for FFXIII on Feb 13 like they were supposed to?

I'm waiting for some announcement, as well. It seems odd that they'd do it on a Saturday or Sunday. Even odder that they announce a special edition 3 weeks before release (IF a CE/LE is announced). Actually, I don't even know where this rumor of an annoucement for this weekend came from.

At this point, I'm content with my LE soundtrack and I plan on getting the special edition 360 bundle. If a CE/LE version of the game is released, that's icing on the cake.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']At this point, I'm content with my LE soundtrack and I plan on getting the special edition 360 bundle. If a CE/LE version of the game is released, that's icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

The bigger hard drive is nice, but there's really nothing special about the 360 bundle. Apparently there's a Lightning faceplate you can get for ordering from square-enix.com, but without that, it's just a white Xbox and the game, and I'd rather have it for PS3 anyway.

bread's done
Back