Fire Emblem: Awakening @ NFM - $23.99 + Ship + Tax

[quote name='TheBomb69']Still have not received any emails from NFM.[/QUOTE]

Are you waiting for an order confirmation email? I got one a few minutes after I ordered

[quote name='TheBomb69']Still have not received any emails from NFM.[/QUOTE]

I ordered around 8pm last night, and got a confirmation e-mail from them, at around 2am.

But it's really weird.

After the two games I ordered, it said "If ordered today, Estimated Arrival date: 4/8/13."

But then at the top of my e-mail, it says:

Order Number: XXXXXXXX
Estimated Ship Date: 4/15/13.

Both FE:A and OoT are in stock, but they're not shipping until the 15th? I'm not sure what the difference is, between "arrival" and "ship." I'm not sure if this means that they themselves are not getting the games in their warehouse or w/e, until the 8th.

WTF.

I was there yesterday and they had a decent amount of both on the shelf, but I wonder if they have different stock for their web site.

So, I reside in Texas. Do you guys think a Best Buy here will PM the Super Mario 3D game that's currently at $15.99 on NFM?

[quote name='Yigytugd']The more I read about this on CAG and Slickdeals, the more I think my orders will be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[quote name='Jnubs']So, I reside in Texas. Do you guys think a Best Buy here will PM the Super Mario 3D game that's currently at $15.99 on NFM?

Why?[/QUOTE]

The store appears to only delivery within 300 miles of its stores. People aren't getting confirmation notices or tracking numbers. Talking to customer support only gets people quotes on how their order will be cancelled. The more people ordering only makes it seem like more orders will be cancelled as their online support doesn't seem to track orders and supplies well.

All in all, I'd say they are either going to fulfill all the orders and rework their site or refund us and give us all a $10 credit.

[quote name='Jnubs']So, I reside in Texas. Do you guys think a Best Buy here will PM the Super Mario 3D game that's currently at $15.99 on NFM?

Why?[/QUOTE]

Once the Dallas store opens in 2015 :).

This store is reliable. It is the largest home furnishings store in the country. They just don't have a very good website. When they first launched you couldn't order at all, it was more like an online catalog. Than you could order for warehouse pickup, and in the last two years or so they began shipping most items. The focus is on local business though. Kinds of expensive to shop a stove across the country but they have a huge electronics section as well as an apple store and a Sony store in the electronics building. I think the Omaha stores/warehouse is 500000 square feet and the Kansas City store is around 1 million square feet. Not sure how big the Texas store will be but I heard it is supposed to be huge. (Opens 2015).

I decided to pass, tight wallet.

btw since I never heard of nfm.com I looked for review and found this.. LOL xD SEEM LEGIT

- Nebraska Furniture Mart: Perverted delivery drivers -

"I was supposed to have a sofa delivered by Nebraska Furniture Mart today between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. I got a call at 9:20 a.m. asking if they could come by in 10 minutes, since they'd had cancellations. I told them to wait at least 20 minutes because I'd just gotten out of the shower. Not 2 minutes later, they were pounding at my door. "

http://nebraska-furniture-mart.piss...erverted-delivery-drivers-20090827155967.html

You'd never buy anything online if you only cherry-picked stories from the most insane/disgruntled customers.

[quote name='Spoon_si']btw since I never heard of nfm.com I looked for review and found this.. LOL xD SEEM LEGIT

- Nebraska Furniture Mart: Perverted delivery drivers -

"I was supposed to have a sofa delivered by Nebraska Furniture Mart today between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. I got a call at 9:20 a.m. asking if they could come by in 10 minutes, since they'd had cancellations. I told them to wait at least 20 minutes because I'd just gotten out of the shower. Not 2 minutes later, they were pounding at my door. "

http://nebraska-furniture-mart.piss...erverted-delivery-drivers-20090827155967.html[/QUOTE]

Ordered Fire Emblem, Zelda: OoT and Mario Kart 7. Good deal for $23.99 a piece and free shipping for being over $50 to go with the 3DS I bought in the Target sale.

[quote name='SunDevil77']Have you ever been in a NFM? Awesome furniture, super expensive =P[/QUOTE]

I haven't, but I'd be curious to see this unusual furniture store that sells video games.

googled "nebraska furniture mart" and selected image to see what they look like. Definitely not your strip mall furniture store :) looks like frys with home appliances, but probably less focus on the component stuff and more on furniture.

too lazy to find their video games section.

store_nfmbehinddesk.jpg

This is not the trading forum. do not post trades in here.

This user has not been here long enough to trade with. do not trade with this user.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jnubs']I ordered around 8pm last night, and got a confirmation e-mail from them, at around 2am.

But it's really weird.

After the two games I ordered, it said "If ordered today, Estimated Arrival date: 4/8/13."

But then at the top of my e-mail, it says:

Order Number: XXXXXXXX
Estimated Ship Date: 4/15/13.

Both FE:A and OoT are in stock, but they're not shipping until the 15th? I'm not sure what the difference is, between "arrival" and "ship." I'm not sure if this means that they themselves are not getting the games in their warehouse or w/e, until the 8th.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

Fire Emblem isn't in stock. The 4/8/13 is when they expect to have it in stock. Other games say straight up "In Stock". Fire Emblem doesn't, which is why I decided to not order it from them cause who knows when you will get it.

This whole Fire Emblem shortage fiasco is kinda pissing me off in general. Amazon has said "In stock in the next 2-3 weeks" for weeks now. Make the fucking games already Nintendo.

Amazon actually shipped my copy out the other day despite them giving an estimated shipment around April 20th. Unfortunately, now I'm going to have two copies of Fire Emblem - one from this deal and one from Amazon. That's what I get for being safe.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Are you waiting for an order confirmation email? I got one a few minutes after I ordered[/QUOTE]

Yep. Still waiting for confirmation email more than 24 hours after ordering.

[quote name='Hirou']Amazon actually shipped my copy out the other day despite them giving an estimated shipment around April 20th. Unfortunately, now I'm going to have two copies of Fire Emblem - one from this deal and one from Amazon. That's what I get for being safe.[/QUOTE]

Sell the other copy to someone on CAG. There's so many members jonesing for some Awakening, that it should be easy to sell the 2nd copy off.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Fire Emblem isn't in stock. The 4/8/13 is when they expect to have it in stock. Other games say straight up "In Stock". Fire Emblem doesn't, which is why I decided to not order it from them cause who knows when you will get it. [/QUOTE]

Well, this is CHEAP AG, the last time I checked. I, personally, can wait 2 weeks for a game if it means paying much less than retail price.

I have many other games to play too / other necessary-for-life things to do; you may not fall into this category, TL, but I can wait to play FE:A.

[quote name='Jnubs']Sell the other copy to someone on CAG. There's so many members jonesing for some Awakening, that it should be easy to sell the 2nd copy off.[/QUOTE]

if i had one from NFM and one from amazon you will never see anyone selling that second copy cause they could just send it back to amazon and get 40 for it.. i doubt anyone would give 40+ shipping for it

[quote name='slidecage']if i had one from NFM and one from amazon you will never see anyone selling that second copy cause they could just send it back to amazon and get 40 for it.. i doubt anyone would give 40+ shipping for it[/QUOTE]

Right, right. I totally forgot about returning an item lol.

I have a hard time believing most of these orders will ship; especially with how long these deal has been active and the fact it has been picked up by other deal sites.

The last time they had a good deal I think it was RE6 for like $10 but you had to order multiples to get free shipping and then either straight out cancelled orders or reduced it to 1 per customer.

I know NFM is a reputable retailer but i really wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these orders were cancelled. They certainly aren't big enough to have thousands of copies of Fire Emblem

[quote name='Jnubs']Well, this is CHEAP AG, the last time I checked. I, personally, can wait 2 weeks for a game if it means paying much less than retail price.

I have many other games to play too / other necessary-for-life things to do; you may not fall into this category, TL, but I can wait to play FE:A.[/QUOTE]

What? You were bitching about the shipping dates the site was giving you. I cleared it up for you. Has nothing to do with being cheap and/or patient.

[quote name='Jnubs']Right, right. I totally forgot about returning an item lol.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing that, but Amazon charges $3.99 for the return and then $.99 for each item in the return - unless I missed something. I do have a friend who wants the game, so I'll just sell it to him.

To be back on topic though, I got my confirmation email the same day I placed my order in. It's supposed to ship next week. Though, with all this talk of possible cancellations, I'm glad I have Amazon sending me a copy.

[quote name='TLPRIME']What? You were bitching about the shipping dates the site was giving you. I cleared it up for you. Has nothing to do with being cheap and/or patient.[/QUOTE]

Can you read?

I made that comment because you said you couldn't wait around for the game to ship to you, despite it being relatively inexpensive.

The main reason people visit CAG is for deals, no? This is cheap ass gamer. Not fast shipping gamer.

I didn't realize me being confused on a question and vaguely asking for help meant "bitching." But thanks for clearing it up for me. What, am I supposed to be in your debt now?

[quote name='Hirou']I was planning on doing that, but Amazon charges $3.99 for the return and then $.99 for each item in the return - unless I missed something. I do have a friend who wants the game, so I'll just sell it to him.

To be back on topic though, I got my confirmation email the same day I placed my order in. It's supposed to ship next week. Though, with all this talk of possible cancellations, I'm glad I have Amazon sending me a copy.[/QUOTE]

If you choose the options so that it's more or less their fault (such as "order made by accident"), then they won't charge you anything to return the game.

I did this with a Tomb Raider order, because I found the Steelbook version at Target.

[quote name='Jnubs']If you choose the options so that it's more or less their fault (such as "order made by accident"), then they won't charge you anything to return the game.

I did this with a Tomb Raider order, because I found the Steelbook version at Target.[/QUOTE]

That's... that's... that's lying though! Seriously though, I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the tip! I'll probably do that if my friend doesn't want it. You're a lifesaver.

[quote name='Hirou']That's... that's... that's lying though! Seriously though, I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the tip! I'll probably do that if my friend doesn't want it. You're a lifesaver.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm sure a company as big as Amazon can take a $60 dollar hit. Especially since I'm sure someone else would have probably stepped up and bought it (as it was during release week that I returned it).

sigh, many in CAG has no class at all , ppl "swiping" slip case and do anything to save a few bucks due to their bad decision.
Stick it to the big bad corp rationalization, that justify anything...

/go download everything off warez now... oh wait, I mean torrent...

[quote name='Jnubs']Can you read?

I made that comment because you said you couldn't wait around for the game to ship to you, despite it being relatively inexpensive.

The main reason people visit CAG is for deals, no? This is cheap ass gamer. Not fast shipping gamer.

I didn't realize me being confused on a question and vaguely asking for help meant "bitching." But thanks for clearing it up for me. What, am I supposed to be in your debt now?[/QUOTE]

lol. You were the one throwing out the "I have a life outside of video games and you maybe don't" card, when all I said was I passed on the deal because of the iffy ship dates. I never said it was a bad deal, and I just pointed out to you that the game actually isn't in stock, hence the weird dates you got.

Change your tampon bro.

[quote name='wasabi5858']sigh, many in CAG has no class at all , ppl "swiping" slip case and do anything to save a few bucks due to their bad decision.
Stick it to the big bad corp rationalization, that justify anything...

/go download everything off warez now... oh wait, I mean torrent...[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the returning to Amazon thing?

It was still sealed and in mint condition lol. Now, if it was re-shrink wrapped or something, and returned, that would be bad.

[quote name='Jnubs']Nice. Try to resolve the situation, and then suggest that I'm on my period.

Maybe you should find some more meat to fill your taco, since it's obvious that the men in your life aren't satisfying you enough, that you have argue on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Meh. All I did was try to answer your initial question and you gave me crap for it. Sorry you didn't like getting it served back to you.

[quote name='TLPRIME']Meh. All I did was try to answer your initial question and you gave me crap for it. Sorry you didn't like getting it served back to you.[/QUOTE]

I still don't know why you're trying to resolve the situation, and then trying to continue an argument again. lol.

But you're right - I shouldn't have said some of the stuff I said. I apologize.

[quote name='guinaevere']Reminder: Keep this thread on topic about the deal. Do not trade/sell in here.[/QUOTE]

can you or someone make a topic so we dont have 50 have extra fire emblems want ===== if not thats cool

Wow. This is a pretty solid deal. Too bad I wasn't paying attention before (just always assumed Nebraska Furniture Mart deals were IN STORES only)

I notice some of the games prices were not reflecting in the cart though.
Mario 3D land was showing $15.99, but in cart it was showing $25.99
Mario Kart 7 was showing $23.99, but in cart it showed a full $39.99.

Still I was able to get Fire Emblem, Zelda OOT 3DS, and a 4 pack of batteries all for under $50. I know I might have to wait a bit for it to re-stock or whatever, but still an excellent deal. Really too bad I missed out on Zone of Enders for $15 as I would have definitely thrown that in the cart as well.

My order was just cancelled. I called the store and the girl told me that their system online did not factor in how many they actually have. I ordered 10 copies of Fire Emblem for my friends and family and she said she could only give me 1 copy b/c "someone ordered 2000 copies". She sounded nice and wanted to help but that part is a bit out there.

She did say that its up to the security team if they want to actual allow me to reorder and give me the 10 copies I ordered.

Well expect to have all your orders cancelled if you ordered more than 1 copy of a game.

I got e-mail confirmation a few minutes after ordering yesterday.

I don't mind waiting on shipping at all as I won't be playing any of the 3 games I grabbed anytime soon anyway. I just jumped on them as $24 is a great price for first party Nintendo games since those hardly ever go on sale.

In the meantime I have Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Star Fox to keep me busy for a while on the 3DS XL I got in the Target sale. Not to mention my 360 and PS3 backlogs.

So these are just more games I wanted to add to the backlog at prices I didn't expect to see any cheaper anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yigytugd']My order was just cancelled. I called the store and the girl told me that their system online did not factor in how many they actually have. I ordered 10 copies of Fire Emblem for my friends and family and she said she could only give me 1 copy b/c "someone ordered 2000 copies". She sounded nice and wanted to help but that part is a bit out there.

She did say that its up to the security team if they want to actual allow me to reorder and give me the 10 copies I ordered.

Well expect to have all your orders cancelled if you ordered more than 1 copy of a game.[/QUOTE]

Lol you must be a good friend/family member

[quote name='Yigytugd']I tend to be the one to get my family gaming deals so whenever I can I buy them games. They pay me back in gas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, whatever you say, RE-SELLER. At least you're not as bad as the jerk who ordered 2,000 copies (assuming that's even true).

As of now though, the NFM web site is showing that they're out of stock. So thank all of you greedy flippers for killing the deal, as usual.

[quote name='Xombie007']Yeah, whatever you say, RE-SELLER. At least you're not as bad as the jerk who ordered 2,000 copies (assuming that's even true).[/QUOTE]

Re-selling is just evil, so only Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, Wal-mart, Hastings, pawn shops, and every mom-n-pop store are allowed.

[quote name='theflicker']NFM called me. It sounds like my stuff should show up this week. I'll report back then.[/QUOTE]

Whats the number that shows up in the caller ID? I tend not to pick up calls from numbers I'm not familiar with.

[quote name='Xombie007']Yeah, whatever you say, RE-SELLER. At least you're not as bad as the jerk who ordered 2,000 copies (assuming that's even true).[/QUOTE]

That was me. I bought them for my friends and family membe-*shot*

bread's done
Back