Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Indeed, the stock does change, but I never know when haha.

If they are selling Aliens:CM then I'm def gonna grab that! Can't beat new for 5 bucks.

I randomly decided to stop into my Five Below, and they had a Wii DreamGear Arcade Fighter stick. Doing a little research, they seem pretty good, but it works as a classic controller, with the stick registering only as the d-pad. Not sure how I feel about this.

Hmmm. A Wii U headset you say? What was the price? :O
it was this
post-485182-0-32181900-1395456592.jpeg
and it was Five Below :rofl:

I decided to run by Five Below today hoping they had something new since my last update, but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-rYlw1rRI

I was surprised last week when I found Aliens at one when I was going to pick up running shoes at Marshalls.

That Greensburg store was stocked. Honestly, I couldn't bother buying Defiance when it is going F2P next month

I was surprised last week when I found Aliens at one when I was going to pick up running shoes at Marshalls.

That Greensburg store was stocked. Honestly, I couldn't bother buying Defiance when it is going F2P next month
Yeah, the Greensburg store has alot, but it's almost the same as when I posted a pic over a month ago. I don't think they even sold a single copy of Defiance or Aliens. The only thing they were running low on was MorphX (?) :360: If they had Aliens for the 360 I would have picked one up, though.

So yea they finally finished building Five Below over here. I go check it out, and boy was I fucking disappointed. They had a million copies of Aliens CM for 360 and PS3 and a bunch of shovel ware. Never going back there again.
That sounds about right. We check out our semi-local 5b maybe two-three times a year (usually when someone posts on here something amazing, come to think of it--like the time some stores got Bully for the 360--which if mine did they were quickly flipped to Best Buy which inconveniently is placed in the same plaza). Then if we're on a daytrip somewhere quite a ways away and they have a 5b we'll stop in if bored, but you seriously need to temper expectations... like going garage sale-ing, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found Blades of Time for $5 (360 only) -- no PS3.

We also found some Sykanders (from Spyro's Adventure), also for $5. The kids picked up Camo and Warnado. We also saw Lightning Rod and Hex.

Checked my local store and literally nothing but 100 copies of Sing It for 360. I wanted to buy them all at once, but I didn't have quite enough. Darn.

I may recommend moving this to the regional thread.  It looks like it's mainly a NorthEast US only kind of thing.

Lol, of all the regional stores to be jealous of, I can't believe there are people wishing they had Five Below. I'd trade all our Five Below's for a Half Price Books or a Hastings...or a Fry's for that matter.

[quote name="Neuropod" post="12178116" timestamp="1414014624"]Lol, of all the regional stores to be jealous of, I can't believe there are people wishing they had Five Below. I'd trade all our Five Below's for a Half Price Books or a Hastings...or a Fry's for that matter.[/quote]
There's a Fry's about an hour from me. In Atlanta. Pisses me off.

There's a Fry's about an hour from me. In Atlanta. Pisses me off.
There are no Fry's anywhere near me, none in my state. 99% of their decent deals are in store only. And when they do have a decent deal online, they still charge me tax.

There are a couple of Five Below stores that recently opened not too far from me, I've even been in the same parking lot as one of them a few times, but I've never gotten around to going inside.

Lol, of all the regional stores to be jealous of, I can't believe there are people wishing they had Five Below. I'd trade all our Five Below's for a Half Price Books or a Hastings...or a Fry's for that matter.
I agree, I'd gladly give up Five Below for a Fry's. Five Below sometimes has good deals on some items like video games but for regular merchandise (party supplies, calendars, books etc.) the prices aren't so great.

Last edited by a moderator:
For party supplies just go to the dollar store, they have every thing the big expensive party store has but it costs less. We have a party store right next to a dollar store here.. Same quality merchandise...

We don't even have an electronics store in my town, they seem to be building everything else that we do not need (more fast food, more restaurants, more home stores, more Froyo places) but they won't build a best buy, fry's or microcenter which are desperately needed as we have nothing but what is at walmart or target for electronics. We have 3 Froyo stores and a million fast food places but no electronics stores. We just don't need another restaurant...

For party supplies just go to the dollar store, they have every thing the big expensive party store has but it costs less. We have a party store right next to a dollar store here.. Same quality merchandise...
Well of course. Five Below is just a more expensive Dollar Tree with some slightly higher priced stuff.

[quote name="Kagutsuchi" post="12178929" timestamp="1414038377"]Well of course. Five Below is just a more expensive Dollar Tree with some slightly higher priced stuff.[/quote]

I have to agree, five below only has a few things in it worth buying that aren't cheap enough to make it to the dollar store. If it wasn't for skylanders I wouldn't find anything I wanted there.

The dollar store used to have really good things, I remember hoarding pokemon figures from there, they cost a dollar for the figure 3 packs that sold for $10-15 elsewhere.

Saw Shifting World as well.  Also saw a shit ton of the formerly Wal-Mart exclusive DS Chibi Robo: Park Patrol game.

[quote name="spacegundam0079" post="12254906" timestamp="1416502070"]Two New Games Spotted

Xbox 360/Wii

Virtua Tennis 4

DS

Zhu Zhu 2 : Wild Bunch ( comes with a gerbil ? hamster ? )[/quote]
I think I saw Virtual Tennis 4 at my local 5 Below. I know they were loaded down with copies of Disney's Sing-It. That's literally the only :360: game they had. Embarassing...

Every copy of alien colonial marines on 360 that were ever produced seem to be stocked between 3 different stores in the Pittsburgh area. Drunk impulse buy.

Also

PES 2013 wii
Blades of time 360

Defiance for both

I picked up Aliens: Colonial Marines for $5. I know it's terrible but the price is right. Lots of Skylanders too but I have most of them already. 

I picked up Aliens: Colonial Marines for $5. I know it's terrible but the price is right. Lots of Skylanders too but I have most of them already. 

Mine has a ton of PES 2013 for Wii, Virtual Tennis 4 3ds and Shifting World for 3ds.  I would say at least 20 of each.

Stopped by a Five Below today and noticed Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land for the 3DS.
I played it once as it was pre-installed on a used 2ds I purchased. It was so horrible I formatted the handheld just to get rid of it. I almost felt like the game was just a horrible joke intro to a game instead of an actual game

Every copy of alien colonial marines on 360 that were ever produced seem to be stocked between 3 different stores in the Pittsburgh area. Drunk impulse buy.

Also

PES 2013 wii
Blades of time 360

Defiance for both
fuck I guess I'm going to run to the Greensburg FB down the street. $5 games are my kryptonite.

bread's done
Back