Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='goku_saiyin_lord']shhh!....lol.....anyways do u think i should get it?

by the by were all cheap asses here.....am i right? 8)[/quote]

sorry but no you are not right. The general consensus on this boards is towards anti-piracy. I'm not gonna jump all over you, but you shouldn't mention it here. Sorry :(

ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

Before all this I went to gamestop and cancelled my halo 2 pre-order and got to say the following line

"Hi I want to cancel my halo 2 pre-order and use the money to get two copies of Drake"

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

Here are the games involved in the scam and how much I paid for them:

Drake OF THE 99 DRAGONS (x2 copies) - 6.99
NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70
Prince of Persia (GBA) (x1 copy) - 4.99

At this point I'm using two trade offers:

Trade any 2 next-gen games and get 19.99 off your reserve of any upcoming game. (2 drakes/pop and nfl - 4 games total)

Trade in 3 games and get 5 dollars extra credit per game. (obviously all four games here)

He rings them all up and doesn't even care that I for some reason have two copies of drake. He then gives me a receipt listing my credit:

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Nfl 2k3- 2.00 (he said the 5 dollar bonus doesnt count for this since they sell it for less than they would be buying it for)
Prince of Persia- 10.00

Total Trade in credit for 20 dollars worth of games--
66 bucks!!

So then I make my reserves:

"I'll take a halo 2 collector's and metroid prime 2".

"I've tried doin the 20 dollars off on halo 2 collectors but it doesnt work it only works with the regular one."

"Oh alright then let me get metal gear 3 instead"

two 50 dollar games = 100 dollars
minus 20 each for the pre-order offer = 60 dollars
minus 66 dollars from trade ins = -6 dollars

Yes, they basically paid me 6 dollars to have fully paid off Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear 3

Thankyou, I know I am the scamming god

I want to go buy some Drakes and then trade them in but I'm sure they will change it tomorrow (Tuesday) so I'm probally too late.

[quote name='sj41']I want to go buy some Drakes and then trade them in but I'm sure they will change it tomorrow (Tuesday) so I'm probally too late.[/quote]

yeah i know what your saying it'll be interesting to see if they change it tomorow. I went over and looked at the stack of drakes at my gamerush there must of been at least 20 copies (no lie).

Tommorrow call GR ask them what buyback prices for a couple of random games and add in drake, if they still buy it for 22$ go to gamestop.com, click on drake game, put in your zip check see if stores in your area have it, go get it and trade it in that day. As much pub as drake is getting I wouldnt be suprised if this deal dies this week sometime, so I say get it while you can LOL.

Just to let everyone here know the $5 extra credit does NOT work on games with a trade in value of less than $5.00. I tried to unload some old sports games and it didn't work but they DO work on the any preorder for $29.99 deal.

Also, they give you $15.00 for first party PS2, Xbox, or Cube controllers. I gave them 2 broken ones and got $30.00 credit.

It depends on the store, 1 store I went to had it written on a board 5$ extra deal must be 5$ or more, I think dead to rights for xbox is 1.50$ so they wouldnt give me the deal, took it to another store and they took it just fine no problems.

Damn, I'm going to have to trade in some more copies of Drake (so I can preorder Paper Mario 2), then I think I'm done with the preordering deal.

[quote name='buster90']Also, they give you $15.00 for first party PS2, Xbox, or Cube controllers. I gave them 2 broken ones and got $30.00 credit.[/quote]Aw man, don't do that... that just means that somebody's going to get stuck with a broken controller when they buy one at GR.

[quote name='buster90']Just to let everyone here know the $5 extra credit does NOT work on games with a trade in value of less than $5.00. I tried to unload some old sports games and it didn't work but they DO work on the any preorder for $29.99 deal.

Also, they give you $15.00 for first party PS2, Xbox, or Cube controllers. I gave them 2 broken ones and got $30.00 credit.[/quote]

Bah, don't rip people off, because you did. Trading in Drake's is all good, but, trading in BROKEN controllers? :evil:

[quote name='sevdustflyer']ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

Before all this I went to gamestop and cancelled my halo 2 pre-order and got to say the following line

"Hi I want to cancel my halo 2 pre-order and use the money to get two copies of Drake"

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70

Trade any 2 next-gen games and get 19.99 off your reserve of any upcoming game. (2 drakes/pop and nfl - 4 games total)

Trade in 3 games and get 5 dollars extra credit per game. (obviously all four games here)

He rings them all up and doesn't even care that I for some reason have two copies of drake. He then gives me a receipt listing my credit:

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Nfl 2k3- 2.00 (he said the 5 dollar bonus doesnt count for this since they sell it for less than they would be buying it for)
Prince of Persia- 10.00

66 bucks!!

"I've tried doin the 20 dollars off on halo 2 collectors but it doesnt work it only works with the regular one."

Yes, they basically paid me 6 dollars to have fully paid off Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear 3

Thankyou, I know I am the scamming god[/quote]

It's not really a SCAM. They set the prices. You are just following THEIR rules. Good thing Blockbusters close late cause I'm gonna unload my last 4 Drakes right now.

I managed to get both deals combined tonight. I asked one of the employees(he looked young, probably a high school/college kid) first and he thought about it for a second and said that it should work fine. I then got nervous when he directed me over to another employee(this one looked like she was higher up than him) but it worked fine and I got Halo 2, Donkey Konga and ~$30 store credit.[quote name='buster90']Just to let everyone here know the $5 extra credit does NOT work on games with a trade in value of less than $5.00. I tried to unload some old sports games and it didn't work but they DO work on the any preorder for $29.99 deal. [/quote]it worked fine tonight when I traded in ballistic:ecks vs sever for gba. regular trade-in was $1.50 and I got $6.50 credit for it.

I spotted a couple of games that I seemed like pretty good deals. anyone know the best deal for buying cheap preowned games from them? the games I was looking at were less than $15 so the trade 3, get pre-owned game for $5 isn't really worth it. also, is final fantasy 2 for snes for $5/$6 a good deal? they had a copy but the half of the label was fubar'ed and hanging off the cartridge.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sevdustflyer']ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Prince of Persia- 10.00

66 bucks!!

It's not really a SCAM. They set the prices. You are just following THEIR rules. Good thing Blockbusters close late cause I'm gonna unload my last 4 Drakes right now.[/quote]

No not really a scam but would more likely be seen as exploitation.

I went in again to preorder some games, and they sort of combined the two deals. Instead of adding $5 to each game he just added $5 to one game. I didn't want to argue or anything, because I was glad with an extra $5 and didn't want to risk it.

Anyways the guy let me preorder from the notebook that has a list, but alot of the titles they had in their got pushed back to 2005 in their computer, so they were not in their systems or something like that. So even though Jade Empire and Unreal Championship 2 was in their notebook I couldn' t preorder it cuz it wasn't in their system. The guy was nice though and said he would put down that I have 2 paid off preorders and said whenever they are available he would let me preorder them. He looked new so I don't really know if he could do something like that so I just preordered Mortal Kombat: Limited Edition for 39.99 and another Halo 2: Collector's Edition for 34.99. I'm down to my last 2 games in my collection excluding my newly acquired Silent Hill 4. I may try those Drake trade-ins though.

[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sevdustflyer']ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Prince of Persia- 10.00

66 bucks!!

It's not really a SCAM. They set the prices. You are just following THEIR rules. Good thing Blockbusters close late cause I'm gonna unload my last 4 Drakes right now.[/quote]

No not really a scam but would more likely be seen as exploitation.[/quote]

I went to Gamerush last night and had a lengthy conversation with a Gamerush employee. He said that they had contacted BB National Headquarters and they knew about the high trade in. The value IS accurate as BB seems to think that Drake is a rare game. ANd the shocker is...people are actually buying the Drakes. He said he couldn't believe it, but people (at his store) were snatching up Drake's at $34.99. He actually ENCOURAGED me to bring some more in to get all the credit I can before BB changes the value. It is not a LOOPHOLE, SCAM, or EXPLOITATION. WHen BB has enough THEY will change the value. Until then, GAME ON.

anyone know when does Drake will reduce in value? seem like it's been there for a long time already... has any try to bring in more than one copy of Drake to trade in at one time? I have trade in most of my games, before i know about Drake..and i will feel strange if i would bring in say 2 copies at one times... do BB give you fit, if you bring more than one copy? thanx..

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sevdustflyer']ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Prince of Persia- 10.00

66 bucks!!

I went to Gamerush last night and had a lengthy conversation with a Gamerush employee. He said that they had contacted BB National Headquarters and they knew about the high trade in. The value IS accurate as BB seems to think that Drake is a rare game. ANd the shocker is...people are actually buying the Drakes. He said he couldn't believe it, but people (at his store) were snatching up Drake's at $34.99. He actually ENCOURAGED me to bring some more in to get all the credit I can before BB changes the value. It is not a LOOPHOLE, SCAM, or EXPLOITATION. WHen BB has enough THEY will change the value. Until then, GAME ON.[/quote]

You mean I'm not the scamming god? :(

EDIT: oh and KSUwild u were able to use the 20 dollars off a pre-order on the collector's editions?? thats interesting cause i was told I couldn't do that. maybe ill go back and try again today since it must be possible if you did it.

[quote name='sevdustflyer'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='sevdustflyer']ALL HAIL YOUR PANCAKE HAT WEARING GOD!!

So anyway...

THE SCAM:

NFL 2k3 (x1 copy) - 2.70

Drake -27.00
Drake- 27.00
Prince of Persia- 10.00

66 bucks!!

I went to Gamerush last night and had a lengthy conversation with a Gamerush employee. He said that they had contacted BB National Headquarters and they knew about the high trade in. The value IS accurate as BB seems to think that Drake is a rare game. ANd the shocker is...people are actually buying the Drakes. He said he couldn't believe it, but people (at his store) were snatching up Drake's at $34.99. He actually ENCOURAGED me to bring some more in to get all the credit I can before BB changes the value. It is not a LOOPHOLE, SCAM, or EXPLOITATION. WHen BB has enough THEY will change the value. Until then, GAME ON.[/quote]

EDIT: oh and KSUwild u were able to use the 20 dollars off a pre-order on the collector's editions?? thats interesting cause i was told I couldn't do that. maybe ill go back and try again today since it must be possible if you did it.[/quote]

I am sorry to say that your actions are 100% LEGAL! :lol: But if it makes you feel better, yes you are a scamming GOD.

FYI BLockbuster is giving $15.00 for a limited time on used first party PS2, Xbox, and Cube controllers.

I gave them 2 broken ones. They did not look broken but once used the buttons stick and the top R2 button doesn't work at all.

I went to the store in Anaheim (Brookhurst & Lincoln) and they said I can take either offer(pre order for $30 or $5 extra for each game) but not combine them. They didn't seem to know much and they told me to come back today and talk to the general manager if I can get the extra $5 per game. Knowing this store, they won't give me the extra $5, still a good deal though.

BTW if you have a big XBox controller, they're giving $15 credit.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']

[/quote]

If that were to make you a god, I can't imagine what I'd be called ever since Game Rush showed up here a month ago. :D

sevdustflyer - yeah I was able to get $20 off both of them. The original employee that was ringing me up was having problems getting it to work, so he called the manager up. I thought I was screwed when I heard him say that Halo 2 CE wasn't part of the deal, and it sounded like I was going to get the original versions. I paid for the games, and looked at my receipt and it said Halo 2 CE 54.99 - $20 off and Mortal Kombat: Limited Edition had the same thing but it was 59.99. I'm keeping the receipt just to make sure though. I tried taking a picture, but every single time the words are too blurry. Stupid cheap digital camera.

Also just wanted to know, how many preorders does everyone have here?

[quote name='ksuwild25']Also just wanted to know, how many preorders does everyone have here?[/quote]
Got four pre orders at the moment and possibly four to six more within the next couple of weeks.

I'm a GR newbie till yesterday, i missed the Fable preorder deal but did pretty good and have big plans. :D

yesterday traded:
ps2
nba live 2004 -$21
mvp baseball 2004 - $30
ncaa football 2005 - $35
xbox
the suffering - $17 (bought it from a friend for $5 last weekend)

also did a preorder for Star Wars Battlefront 4 xbox

GRAND TOTAL: $77.39 BB credit AND a fully paid for Star Wars Battlefront

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went back today and traded:

PS2
ssx tricky - $12
THPS3 - $6.50
metal gear solid 2 - $8

used a old coupon i had for trade in 3 games get any used game for $4.99 got back my copy of NCAA Football 2005. LOL it was my copy to because it had the same pepsi stain on the instruction book cover.

GRAND TOTAL TODAY: $22.80 BB credit and my copy of NCAA 2005 back!

my take the last 2 days
i'm out ------------- i got
nba live 2004 ------------- Star Wars Battlefront
mvp 2004 --------------- $100.19 BB store credit
the suffering
ssx tricky
thps3
mgs 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My future gameplan

I have 1 more coupon: trade 3 games get one for $4.99. So tommorrow i'm gonna trade in Grand Theft Vice City, Twisted Metal Black, and Midway Arcade Treasures 1, and get Madden 2005 AND store credit.

Now i'll have the following games to trade with in combo style torwards the 2 used gets a preorder game for $30 and the trade 3 and get $5 extra each game:
ps2
Madden 2005 - worth $35
NCAA 2005 - worth $35
Manhunt
Castlevania L.o.I.
xbox
Max Payne 2 ($5 from a friend last week)

The Mortal Kombat LE is $59.99 for some god awful reason. How it's more expensive then Halo 2... beats me. I used a coupon for those two preorders and they actually just credited me $20.

[quote name='ksuwild25']sevdustflyer - yeah I was able to get $20 off both of them. The original employee that was ringing me up was having problems getting it to work, so he called the manager up. I thought I was screwed when I heard him say that Halo 2 CE wasn't part of the deal, and it sounded like I was going to get the original versions. I paid for the games, and looked at my receipt and it said Halo 2 CE 54.99 - $20 off and Mortal Kombat: Limited Edition had the same thing but it was 59.99. I'm keeping the receipt just to make sure though. I tried taking a picture, but every single time the words are too blurry. Stupid cheap digital camera.

Also just wanted to know, how many preorders does everyone have here?[/quote]

I have pre-ordered the following: paper mario 2, x-men legends, MK deception, halo 2, and bard's tale.

I can't decide if there's anything else that I want to preorder or not. In a way, I would like to order NBA Live 2005, but the last few EA sports games has really sucked ass......especially Live 2004.

Can a person change thier mind on a pre-order? For instance, if Bard's tale gets crappy reviews, can I cancel that and pick up GTA:San Andres or some other game?

(too bad about Jade Empire, that's the one that I really want)

[quote name='Engineer_J']about 35 pre-orders :), 10 DVD box TV Seasons and still a few hundred in credit[/quote]

damn slide a little credit this way :lol: huh? huh? 8)

[quote name='VA']I have pre-ordered the following: paper mario 2, x-men legends, MK deception, halo 2, and bard's tale.[/quote]
Grr, I tried to pre-order X-Men Legends at the closest GameRush today and the dude said that he wasn't sure if they'd be carrying any copies or not, the same for TMNT 2. He did let me combine the $5 extra per game and $20 off my pre-order of KOTOR 2 tho so I can't complain too much. Gonna go try to see if another GameRush will let me pre-order either of the 2 I wanted at another location when I go pick up Fable tomorrow or Thursday...

[quote name='buster90']Question: Can I preorder more than one title at a time for $29.99 if I have like 8 trades? Can I reserve 4 titles on one visit?[/quote]
I pre-ordered Halo 2 SE, NBA Live 2005, and Fable all on the same visit about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I don't believe the signs they have up don't have a limit listed so I'm pretty sure ya could...

so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas
shin megami tensei nocturne, 3 of 'em

i may have to preorder bards tale, i will also try to get Ys vi ark of napishtim and the new time crisis game.

they give so much for so little it ought to be a crime

[quote name='dracula']so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas

i may have to preorder bards tale, i will also try to get Ys vi ark of napishtim and the new time crisis game.

they give so much for so little it ought to be a crime[/quote]

It was the Drakes wasn't it? :D

[quote name='VA']
Can a person change thier mind on a pre-order? For instance, if Bard's tale gets crappy reviews, can I cancel that and pick up GTA:San Andres or some other game?[/quote]

My gamerush told me as long as i switch the title before the game comes out it would be no problem.

My pre-orders as of today (fully paid):

Paper Mario 2
Gran turismo 4
MGS3: Snake Eater
GTA: San Andreas

My Credit: $330

My pre-orders this week:

Kill Zone
Kotor II

These will be fully paid with 2 Drakes and 2 Madden 2003.

Once I trade in the 6 Drakes I just got I will have: $492 in credit (I'm counting the extra $5, as I will be trading in some crap games also).

So it's: $492 in credit (PSP and DS)
6 fully paid pre-orders ($300 value)

and only $210 out of pocket. Thanks CAG, these Drakes are like GOLD!

PLus, I will probably beat most of those games within 1 week and trade them in for maximum credit. The fun never ends at Gamerush!!!

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas

It was the Drakes wasn't it? :D[/quote]

i did 6 drakes which i bought at 5.40 each at gamestop after ten percent off used games with the card, 3 culdecept at 6 bucks apiece at last months eb bogo sale in hollywood, 2 space channel 5 got for ten apiece, those all fetch 27 in trade in cred at GR

also traded a ton of psone/n64 games that i got for about fifty cents each, or less at goodwill over the years. most of the psone/n64 games i used toward the ten preorders.

anyways, they were pox titles and had to go, but they really let me get a ton of games i would never afford to get at fifty bucks apiece. I just hope the shin megami tensei nocturnes i preordered come with the soundtrack. atlus says any place that lets you preorder nocturne will have the soundtrack included on the preorder, like phantom braves preorders. I considered getting about a hundred drakes and trading them into a hundred nocturne preorders, bc i figured if nocturne sells well in the usa, then we will see more atlus games here, but i would have to preorder a thousand or so nocturnes, and i dont have that many culdecepts and drakes, :D

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas

i did 6 drakes which i bought at 5.40 each at gamestop after ten percent off used games with the card, 3 culdecept at 6 bucks apiece at last months eb bogo sale in hollywood, 2 space channel 5 got for ten apiece, those all fetch 27 in trade in cred at GR

also traded a ton of psone/n64 games that i got for about fifty cents each, or less at goodwill over the years. most of the psone/n64 games i used toward the ten preorders.

anyways, they were pox titles and had to go, but they really let me get a ton of games i would never afford to get at fifty bucks apiece. I just hope the shin megami tensei nocturnes i preordered come with the soundtrack. atlus says any place that lets you preorder nocturne will have the soundtrack included on the preorder, like phantom braves preorders. I considered getting about a hundred drakes and trading them into a hundred nocturne preorders, bc i figured if nocturne sells well in the usa, then we will see more atlus games here, but i would have to preorder a thousand or so nocturnes, and i dont have that many culdecepts and drakes, :D[/quote]

Does space channel 5 get $22 or $27. Or is it $27 because of the "Get $5 if you trade-in 3" thing?

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='dracula']so far i have ten preorders, a couple hundred in credit, and about sixty dollars out of pocket, here are the preorders:

xbx
fatal frame 2
halo 2
fable

gc
donkey konga
metroid prime 2
paper mario 2

ps2
san andreas

anyways, they were pox titles and had to go, but they really let me get a ton of games i would never afford to get at fifty bucks apiece. I just hope the shin megami tensei nocturnes i preordered come with the soundtrack. atlus says any place that lets you preorder nocturne will have the soundtrack included on the preorder, like phantom braves preorders. I considered getting about a hundred drakes and trading them into a hundred nocturne preorders, bc i figured if nocturne sells well in the usa, then we will see more atlus games here, but i would have to preorder a thousand or so nocturnes, and i dont have that many culdecepts and drakes, :D[/quote]

Does space channel 5 get $22 or $27. Or is it $27 because of the "Get $5 if you trade-in 3" thing?[/quote]

they all get 22 and another 5 if you trade in 3 or more games

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back