GameStop: 50% off Select Preowned Games - Starts 9/9

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 9/9/13.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Mostly the same games from the 3/$10 sale, but there are some additions like Naruto Storm Generations.

Sorry about the photo being blurry, photobucket restricts high DPI scans. I had it originally scanned at 3200x3000 or so and it shrunk it down.

090913_CAG_Sale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at a new Gamestop to see if they had the games I couldn't find and well they did and I got very lucky. The manager gave me a sealed Modnation Racers and Legendary (360) at the preowned 50% price, and also got Game Party in Motion because who doesn't like Air Hockey and Darts.

I used this yesterday and it worked. From the receipt I see it deducted one game without 50% off. So I suppose it's another "Cannot be combined with any other offer." applied.

Again, thanks fly to the CAG who posted the link.

Hm I plan on using this for Little Deviants to get it for like $3 or less, hopefully it works. If not no big deal.

Remember when buying used games (or anything used for that matter) to double check the contents and price after purchase to make sure everything is there saving you any trouble in the long run.

Employees may be busy and forget to put the game in the case or give you the wrong game. Some stores tend to have extra copies of the same game behind the counter so they may give you one of the other copies (or a new copy) they have instead of the one you picked up off the shelf.

If you're picky about having complete games, then it's always best to double check the contents before leaving.

Just do what I do and treat every shopping experience at every Gamestop like it was your first time there (unless you personally know the employees). Don't assume just because something happened the first time it will happen again. It's just a very YMMV store.

Got Binary Domain, Dragon Age: Origin, Brutal Legends and Wolfstein all in their original casing. Wanted to use the congregate coupon and was denied because its "one promo per product".  Still good sale is good Thanks op! 

Called this morning before they were even open, and the manager was nice enough to walk out and give me the disc before they unlocked the doors. Im lucky that there is a store less than a mile away, and the employees always seem pretty friendly and helpful.

How did he get out if the door was locked?

I decided to get Alpha Protocol and Fable III. They are both complete and in excellent condition, so I'm very satisfied with this sale!

Well, picked up Jericho, Duke Nukem ($2 is too low to resist), and Enslaved. Jericho's gameplay feels dated, but I'm still finding it enjoyable. Enslaved is really good so far. I also picked up two worlds 2, but it was so bad I returned it lol.
If you gave Two worlds 2 a few more try, it might turn into one of your all time favorite! The item and spell combining system is so unique and fun.

Just a heads up, it looks like some of the PS3 games in this sale have been lowered (I assume last evening during the normal Tueday price drops) so you might want to look at the website with the code 50pre that MrNinjaSquirrel gave out earlier instead of the spreadsheet we have been using. I don't think any of the 360 games went down.

Wasn't going to bother with this one because I had pretty much picked through everything at my local Gamestops over the last 2 sales, but I couldn't help myself.

Only found a handful that were included, and some that I didn't want to pay 8 or more bucks for, ended up getting:

:360:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Wolfenstein

I'll probably hit up the other store in a day or so

anyone play mindjack? for a buck 50 it can't be that bad can it?
I bought it during the buy 3 sale, it's not horrible, horrible. I played like 2-3 missions I think. I'm one of those guys who can play just about anything though.

For 1.50, it's def worth a try. That's pocket change.

I bought it during the buy 3 sale, it's not horrible, horrible. I played like 2-3 missions I think. I'm one of those guys who can play just about anything though.

For 1.50, it's def worth a try. That's pocked change.
thanks. i'm the same way...i enjoyed my time with DNF and I actually had a blast with BRINK so i'm not very hard to please

I saw that too. Any games you recommend on the list for cheap like $5 and below?
Singularity if you liked bioshock

Alpha Protocol if you are into FPS with some RPG elements and somewhat flawed gameplay, vary good game tough

Dragon Age great RPG

Syndicate

Enslaved

GoW Collection

Lost Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resistance 2

The Darkness

Not all of those games are must -play, some are, some are just good enough to deserve playtrhough IMO

Is Dragon Age like Skyrim where you swing the sword yourself? Or is it more like a Final Fantasy type game combat wise?
No, no. no it's neither. It's played kind of like Mass Effect meets a D&D RPG. Played from a third person perspective, the combat's turn based but in real time (though you can pause it too).

Here's a decent clip of the combat in action:

http://youtu.be/kyagspBbesI?t=2m44s

Has the same talky bits as Mass Effect, you control each person if you like, target things and then stuff happens on a timer.

No, no. no it's neither. It's played kind of like Mass Effect meets a D&D RPG. Played from a third person perspective, the combat's turn based but in real time (though you can pause it too).

Here's a decent clip of the combat in action:

http://youtu.be/kyagspBbesI?t=2m44s

Has the same talky bits as Mass Effect, you control each person if you like, target things and then stuff happens on a timer.
I appreciate the write up, but it doesn't really seem like my type of game. I got 100 percent completion on Skyrim and I was hoping it would play more in that style.

Does anyone have a list of all the $1.35 games? I know there's

GRAW2
mindjack
Jericho
NCAA 10
You can search on gamestop.com "50pre" and then sort by lowest price, but to save you the trouble:

:wii: Science Papa

:360: Ghost Recon: AWF 2

:ps3: The Beatles Rock Band

:ps3: Fifa 08

:ps3: Mindjack

:ps3: Jericho

:360: NCAA 2010

:ps3: SingStar ABBA

:ps3: Damnation

Singularity if you liked bioshock

Alpha Protocol if you are into FPS with some RPG elements and somewhat flawed gameplay, vary good game tough

Dragon Age great RPG

Syndicate

Enslaved

GoW Collection

Lost Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resistance 2

The Darkness

Not all of those games are must -play, some are, some are just good enough to deserve playtrhough IMO
Thanks for the list, unfortunately I have all of them in my collection. Time to play them.

This appears to be working online now. Just completed an order and each item was marked 50%. Discount only shows in cart. Doesn't stack with CAG16 but stacks with SAVER.

A little update (I went in Tuesday), I searched online for my gamestops stock...sure enough, they had GOW Collection in stock. I still didn't see it on the shelf (nor in the bin) so I asked the guy...he searched it on the computer, said "oh they're all back here, I have a bunch!"...

Hard to believe they were back there by coincidence.

At any rate, got a black label GOW Collection for $4.49...

Let it be known...ASK.

Still no De Blob, Science Papa or Red Steel though :c

I hadn't bothered to look into that one at all, but seeing you mentioned it did a quick google search, and it looks to be Cooking Mama except you're baking/building bombs and fireworks. I find it hilarious this is apparently a kids game, but nevertheless I think I need it :lol:

A little update (I went in Tuesday), I searched online for my gamestops stock...sure enough, they had GOW Collection in stock. I still didn't see it on the shelf (nor in the bin) so I asked the guy...he searched it on the computer, said "oh they're all back here, I have a bunch!"...

Hard to believe they were back there by coincidence.

At any rate, got a black label GOW Collection for $4.49...

Let it be known...ASK.

lol, same thing for me, I went looking for Metal Gear Solid 4, couldn't find a single copy which seemed odd... I grabbed a couple other things I wanted and upon checking out decided I'd ask about MGS4, he seemed reluctant, even said "Meta Gear Solid? What's that?" I said, Metal Gear Solid 4, he said "I don't know, let me check ... Guns of the patriots?" .. Yes ... "Oh, yeah we have 12 copies in stock" .. I didn't see a single one out on the shelves? .. "yeah, they're all out back, I'll go grab you one". lol okay..

Guess I should've asked about the other games I couldn't find, I'm willing to bet they pulled them all for the sale and, probably as you're hinting at, kept some of the good ones so they could grab copies.

Update from the other day. I was able to get ahold of the district manager and he got ahold of the store manager who said that he would make sure all of the coupons worked. So after all was said and done. I got:

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (Xbox 360)

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (Xbox 360)

Two Worlds II (Xbox 360)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360)

The total cost was $1.93, so another case of speak up if you don't feel like you had a good experience. I left good feedback and everything worked out in the end, now to add these to my backlog.

Just a heads up, it looks like some of the PS3 games in this sale have been lowered (I assume last evening during the normal Tueday price drops) so you might want to look at the website with the code 50pre that MrNinjaSquirrel gave out earlier instead of the spreadsheet we have been using. I don't think any of the 360 games went down.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give the 360 ones a looksee and check if there's any price drops. That's the only sheet I did on the spreadsheet, so I don't know if the PS3 tab is even done. :p

bread's done
Back