GameStop Ad - 12/15-12/21 - Tearaway $20 (Deals now live)

Osmanny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw this in the back, labeled "Don't put out yet." ;)

• Get a FREE 1 year PRODUCT REPLACEMENT PLAN when you purchase any pre-owned system. (Thanks RUAfraidOfTigers)

• Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Any Pre-Owned titles for Wii or Nintendo DS.

• Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Pre-Owned Consumer Electronics. (Tablets/Phones/MP3's)

• Get a FREE $25 Gift Card with purchase of a Wii U Deluxe Set or Skylanders SWAP Force Basic Set. (Both $299.99)

Get a FREE Jak & Daxter Collection & Dualshock 3 Blue Controller with purchase of a PlayStation 3 Azurite Blue 250GB System.

• Save $20 when purchasing 1 Year Xbox Live Subscription with a new Xbox console.

• Save $20 on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Universe In Peril ($19.99) with purchase of any new PS Vita System.

•Get 30% Extra in-store trade credit when you trade any items toward the purchase of any pre-owned product or toward the purchase of these new titles:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Batman Arkham Origins

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty Ghosts

Fifa 14

Grand Theft Auto V

Just Dance 2014

Zelda Windwaker HD

Super Mario 3D World

Madden 25

NBA 2K14 Need for Speed Rivals

NHL 14

Pokemon X/Y

Zelda Link Between Worlds

Saints Row IV

Skylanders Swap Force

Splinter Cell Blacklist

$59.99

:360:  :ps3: - Bandfuse Rock Legends

:xb1:  :ps4:   :360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :wii:  :3ds: - Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack

$49.99

:xb1:  :ps4:   :wiiu: - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :pc: - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

:xb1:  :ps4:   :360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :pc: - Call of Duty Ghosts

:360:  :ps3: - Diablo 3

$39.99

:360:  :ps3:  :wii:  :vita:  - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3: - Batman Arkham Origins

:360:  :ps3:  :pc: - Battlefield 4

:360:  :ps3: - Fifa 14

:360:  :ps3: - Madden NFL 25

:360:  :ps3: - NBA 2K14

:360:  :ps3: - Need for Speed Rivals

:xb1:  :wiiu:  :wii: Zumba Fitness World Party

$34.99

:3ds: - Animal Crossing New Leaf

$29.99

:3ds: - Angry Birds Star Wars

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu: - Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

:3ds: - Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

:360: - Forza Horizon

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu: - Injustice Gods Among Us

:360:  :ps3:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Just Dance 2014

:wiiu:  :wii:  :3ds:  :ds: - Monster High 13 Wishes

:pc: - Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm

:360: - Zumba Fitness World Party

$19.99

:3ds:  :ds:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Barbie Dreamhouse Party

:ps3: - Batman Arkham City/Asylum Dual Pack

:360:  :wiiu:  :wii: - Just Dance KIDS 2014

:3ds:  :ds:  :wii: - Phineas and Ferb Quest for Cool Stuff

:ps3: - Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus

:pc: - Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

:vita: - Tearaway

:360:  :wii: - Zumba Kids

$14.99

:ds: - LEGO Battles Ninjango

:3ds: - LEGO Chima Laval's Journey

:ds: - Scribblenauts Collection

:3ds: - Scribblenauts Unlimited

$9.99

:pc: - WoW Mists of Pandaria

Accessory Deals:

$129.99 GTAV Pulse Elite Headset / PS3 Pulse Elite Wireless Headset

$59.99 - Universal Tritton Kunai Headset

$44.99 - PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller

$39.99 - Universal Afterglow Wired Headset

$29.99 - Assassin's Creed IV Hidden Blade

$24.99 - PS3 Bluetooth Headset 2.0 Camo

$19.99 - PS3 Nyko Core Controller Kit

Pre-Owned Console Deals:

$129.99 - PlayStation 3 System (Original Fatty)PS Vita System

$79.99 - Xbox 360 (Original Pro)

$49.99 - Nintendo DSiWii System

PS: I really hope you guys like my new custom made XB1/PS4/Vita Logos.  :xb1:  :ps4:   :vita:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you guys know, despite GameStop's website showing a PS3 slim with the 160GB model that is $129 this week in store it was a phat model. Still $129 was pretty good for a phatty so I picked it up

I'm going to try the Pickup@Store option. I'm fairly certain I'll end up disappointed and angry... as is typical when dealing with GS. It will be a fight to get the $20 price and that assumes they even find the item because it's listed as a GBA title
I stand corrected... they had it waiting for me and it rang up for $20. And the guy was nice and didn't give me any hassle. Almost pleasant even.

I'm going to try the Pickup@Store option. I'm fairly certain I'll end up disappointed and angry... as is typical when dealing with GS. It will be a fight to get the $20 price and that assumes they even find the item because it's listed as a GBA title
I used in store pickup this morning and had no issues. It is a well run location though.

Despite the Amazon match, I still think I'm going to pick it up at Gamestop (already have a copy on hold for me there).  I'm planning to trade it back in to Amazon for $18.75 so I'd rather get the game now than wait for it be delivered Wednesday.

Managed to get the last :ps4: Skylanders: Swap Force for $60....the guys at Gamestop didn't even know it was on sale.

Arg!!!

It was back in stock at Amazon and so I put it in my cart.

The wife asked me to help with something and when I came back, it was out of stock AND my Prime expired.

....well...crap...

Scored a nice used Xbox 360 pro arcade edition. Clean as hell with a manufactured date of 10/09...and it still had the old NXE dashboard on it which hasn't been around in years. Either the previous owner never went online or it was only used for about 2 years. Not bad for 79.99 and a free year warranty.

It figures, teh 160GB phat PS3 I got appears to be a dud. Just an endless loop of the system needing to restore and not saving settings. Might take it back and return it for a slim, pay a bit more

Anyone know if the Wii U bundle is 275 with 25gift card?

Edit - I know it says that online, but doesn't show in store pickup

No one at the store to accept the request until the morning.
I've sent some over night before and they at least sent the request.

Anyway, I bought a 160GB Phat for $129 this morning, the store didn't even give me 30% extra towards pre-owned and I didn't notice until afterwards. The system didn't work, HDD was corrupted and the HDD door wouldn't even close all the way.

Then I return it to a different GameStop, closer to my house where a friend works and I exchange it for another 160GB Phat, turns out some other employee slapped a 120GB Slim into a 160GB phat package but my friend was nice enough to leave it at $129 for me so it worked out

Zumba Fitness World Party is $39.99 on Xbox one, NOT $29.99 like listed in the OP. Source: Gamestop AD

Wish I would have known that sooner since Amazon has been selling it at that price for a week already. (but picture of that AD page was blurry).
Very sorry about this. You're right. Fixed.

So can anyone who has seen the ad confirm that Killzone: Mercinary for the Vita will be $20 tomorrow?
Like others have stated, it is not in the ad. The only thing that is $19.99 related to killzone is the season pass, and that's for :ps4:.

Yeah, I used the get at store option as well and it showed the higher price. Hopefully I won't get screwed but it seems like most people are doing this option and getting it for the sale price.

So I went to the store on my local mall to pickup Tearaway. I had a $5 off any item coupon from PUR I redeemed just for this. And to my surprise, maybe this is known but I didn't know, but those coupons cannot be used on sale items. I never knew this. So they denied me and I left. I went to my normal gamestop and tried there and it still would not work, but since they know me they overrode the price and gave it to me for $14.99 anyway. So YMMV on those coupons, I know I saw a few of you say you wanted to use them.

So I went to the store on my local mall to pickup Tearaway. I had a $5 off any item coupon from PUR I redeemed just for this. And to my surprise, maybe this is known but I didn't know, but those coupons cannot be used on sale items. I never knew this. So they denied me and I left. I went to my normal gamestop and tried there and it still would not work, but since they know me they overrode the price and gave it to me for $14.99 anyway. So YMMV on those coupons, I know a saw a few of you say you wanted to use them.
That's very odd, it usually doesn't matter if it's a coupon to use on "any" item. Maybe the system just wouldn't allow it.

So I went to the store on my local mall to pickup Tearaway. I had a $5 off any item coupon from PUR I redeemed just for this. And to my surprise, maybe this is known but I didn't know, but those coupons cannot be used on sale items. I never knew this. So they denied me and I left. I went to my normal gamestop and tried there and it still would not work, but since they know me they overrode the price and gave it to me for $14.99 anyway. So YMMV on those coupons, I know a saw a few of you say you wanted to use them.
Well, that's not good, I picked up a $10 off any one Gamestop item for this sale. I guess you could file the reason for it not being allowed because under the small text that says not valid with any other offers.

Well, that's not good, I picked up a $10 off any one Gamestop item for this sale. I guess you could file the reason for it not being allowed because under the small text that says not valid with any other offers.
Yeah...that's what they said. I just thought an offer was something like another coupon, or a b2g1 type offer...I didn't think a normal weekly sale price would make the coupon invalid.

The only thing better than getting your hands on the hottest new game is saving some cold cash when you do it. Use this coupon and save on the next item you purchase at GameStop.  That is so money, if we do say so ourselves. Printable Coupon for In-Store Use.  Valid on one item only. Not valid toward gift cards, DLC or POSA cards

This is the text you see before you use your PUR points to purchase the coupon and the latter text I described previously doesn't show up until you already redeemed and printed it out. Nothing in the text before you redeem says it is not valid on sale prices.

It's pretty messed up since there is nothing to tell you otherwise until you go to the store. Also, I don't know about you, I rarely shop at Gamestop and it took me forever to earn that many points.

After my last post, I decided to say heck with it and went to my closest GS.

I returned home with my brand new copy of Tearaway.

I really like my GS and they must really like me.

Whenever I buy anything new from them, they always open it ahead of time for me and take out all that silly paper or documentation, so I won't be bothered with it, and make sure to seal it back up with a super-gummi seal sticker to ensure I do not loose my game out of the case on the way home; even when that case has already been inspected by hundreds of my fellow consumers.

So thoughtful of a company to provide this service for it's finer customers.

As I was finishing this, I couldn't help but notice that in just 1 post, I have managed to outdo the entire Microsoft PR team and anything that they have tried to accomplish over the last year.

:lol:

I stopped by GameStop on my way home. I got a copy of Tearaway without any trouble, and found a used copy of Lost Odyssey as well. I had been looking to get a copy of that 360 RPG.

I'm still seeing it. Make sure to click in and check the sidebar. For some reason they're pimping the Go Hastings one and the Amazon one is on the side...

Well, picked up my copy at Gamestop but wish it was in stock at Amazon when I did. Their PUR coupons are way to restriciive. Can't it on anything on sale, can't use on anything that is point of sale activated like PSN cards. Manager wouldn't do any override this once because I am not a regular by any means and they said that override wouldn't mark the coupon used so it could be used more than once.

I've never been a big fan of GS but this has just put a very bad taste in my mouth and makes me wonder if I really want to do in any business with them no matter how good the sale is.

Make sure to ask about the free one year warranty if you buy a used system guys. It doesn't show up automatically in the system and some (lots) associates cant be bothered to study the ad.

I've sent some over night before and they at least sent the request.

Anyway, I bought a 160GB Phat for $129 this morning, the store didn't even give me 30% extra towards pre-owned and I didn't notice until afterwards. The system didn't work, HDD was corrupted and the HDD door wouldn't even close all the way.

Then I return it to a different GameStop, closer to my house where a friend works and I exchange it for another 160GB Phat, turns out some other employee slapped a 120GB Slim into a 160GB phat package but my friend was nice enough to leave it at $129 for me so it worked out
If its within an hour of closing there's still staff there but after that it will sit until staff show up next morning.

Quick question regarding backwards compatible PS3s - I picked up a 60gb, but it looks like it is actually a CECHE model with a 60gb hard drive and not a CECHA model.  So emulation vs PS2 guts.

Should I return and try to get a CECHA?  

Quick question regarding backwards compatible PS3s - I picked up a 60gb, but it looks like it is actually a CECHE model with a 60gb hard drive and not a CECHA model. So emulation vs PS2 guts.

Should I return and try to get a CECHA?
You didn't pick up a 60GB then. All 60GB played PS2 without emulation. Most 80GB played it with emulation

Man, gamestop is seriously fucked up.... I thought batman origins was $29.99 for the wii U, but it's only that price online... In store it's regular price... So I ended up making a trip to bestbuy to get it for that price.

Gamestop lost a sale when they were selling it online at that price. Stupid!

The difference is that the hardware one(60GB) will play pretty much all PS2 games without problems.  The software one(80GB) will give issues on some games because it is playing it through software instead of hardware.

bread's done
Back