GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are rumors that it will work if you do a bunch of crazy shit with a hardwired internet connection that it might fix it, but I wasnt going to do that considering the inconvenient location of my ps3.

Also,

need more people for killzone 2 online. I played a little with all 8 people that were on today and it was pretty awesome.

Thanks for mentioning this, I tried to update the PS3 version but it always reset my PS3 :bomb: , even waiting for the dang ok button to blink. Anyone know if the 360 version has the same error?

There are rumors that it will work if you do a bunch of crazy shit with a hardwired internet connection that it might fix it, but I wasnt going to do that considering the inconvenient location of my ps3.
I read to that and that's too much work, I'm just going to exchange the PS3 version for the 360 version tomorrow.

I hope this is in-store as well. I recommend Alpha Protocol, Battalion Wars 2, and Red Steel 2.

Thinking about getting Last Remnant, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and Dead or Alive 4.
Oddly enough, the three games you recommended are the ones I ended up picking up, thanks.

Is there a chance I can return ONE of the 3 I bought, if I return all 3, just to rebuy them back with the one new title, or how would this work?

I seem to have made a mistake getting FEAR for PS3...looks even worse than when I played it on PC (and my dads computer SUCKED at the time I played it). Really bad port...

Just wanting to exchange it for another eligible title.

Is there a chance I can return ONE of the 3 I bought, if I return all 3, just to rebuy them back with the one new title, or how would this work?

I seem to have made a mistake getting FEAR for PS3...looks even worse than when I played it on PC (and my dads computer SUCKED at the time I played it). Really bad port...

Just wanting to exchange it for another eligible title.

I just called my local GS because I want to do the same and they said as long as it is an eligible title from the list it is okay to do the swap, just bring your receipt. But don't quote me on that, just like everything else YMMV.

To anyone who picks up COD4 on Xbox 360 can you please tell me how the online community is? If a good amount of people are still playing I would pick it back up, it has always been my favorite COD and that is the only reason that is keeping me from picking it back up.

I just called my local GS because I want to do the same and they said as long as it is an eligible title from the list it is okay to do the swap, just bring your receipt. But don't quote me on that, just like everything else YMMV.
Awesome...I'll swing by tomorrow morning and see if I can swap. Probably getting KZ2...never got past the first level of that back in 2010 when I first had it. Seems to be one of the few AAA titles on the list.

It was 4 pm today when I got all my games, and the manager said I was the first to do the promo. Having all the kids back in school is nice. Hopefully tomorrow morning they still have that complete KZ2 I remember seeing...

To anyone who picks up COD4 on Xbox 360 can you please tell me how the online community is? If a good amount of people are still playing I would pick it back up, it has always been my favorite COD and that is the only reason that is keeping me from picking it back up.
Last I heard COD4 online is filled with hackers.

Picked up The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery (Beat the game already, including secret dungeon, but my friend lost it while borrowing it...), Heavenly Sword (Generic Case...fml), Dead or Alive 4, and 2x Wanted to flip to Amazon. Will have to come back for Lego Beatles, Lego Rockband, Fear, and Condemned.

CoD 4 is still playable online, there's a decent community and you will experience some hacked lobbies. But you just back out and join another game.

You'll never have trouble finding a game. World at War is a different story, I was never able to find a non-hacked lobby.

But yeah, CoD 4 is still playable

CoD 4 is still playable online, there's a decent community and you will experience some hacked lobbies. But you just back out and join another game.

You'll never have trouble finding a game. World at War is a different story, I was never able to find a non-hacked lobby.

But yeah, CoD 4 is still playable
Thanks as long as I can get a s&d match I would be happy, I guess I'll pick it back up. What exactly is a hacked lobby?

Thanks for mentioning this, I tried to update the PS3 version but it always reset my PS3 :bomb: , even waiting for the dang ok button to blink. Anyone know if the 360 version has the same error?

I rented the 360 version around launch and never had a problem. Got all 1000 GS.

I'm heading to GameStop tonight to pick up SR4. I'm interested in buying Condemned Criminal Origins, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Red Faction Guerrilla and RB Beatles. That's 5 games. I need a 6th but am not really interested in anything else :(

Right now the site won't let me reserve in store, though it was successful the first time.  Must be having an issue?  Keeps giving an error about unable to do this right now.

I was in the store during my lunch break today and found NG Sigma, but unable to find 2 other games.  They were not advertising the sale so there were no bins or signs.  I put the game back and went online and it says my store has Heavenly Sword, which I could not find at all today.  So I reserved that.  Also want to get Super Street Fighter IV, just to have I guess.  Can't find any other games I haven't played. 

Picked up Singularity today for 360 then about 5 hours later realized I had a unopened copy of it on PS3. That's probably a good sign I'm spending to much time on CAG.

How long does this run for?
Flier says 9/8/13. I have a feeling that most of these games will then be rolled into another promo since the B1G1 games were mostly rolled into this one and they're just working on getting rid of them.

I purchased it three months back and it is STILL PRETTY active, surprisingly. There are just a lot of modders. But it's still a lot of fun and doesn't take long for me to find the game.

Same with MW2 and MW3, which is the most active.

Flier says 9/8/13. I have a feeling that most of these games will then be rolled into another promo since the B1G1 games were mostly rolled into this one and they're just working on getting rid of them.
You don't think NBA and/or FIFA would be removed mid-week or anytime soon? NFS: MW was removed mid-week not too long ago, I believe, and I purchased a copy from BB :\

Grabbed:

Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
FEAR PS3

All were complete in good shape. When I checked out the worker grabbed the cases with the discs that had funky cases and artwork. I politely asked him to exchange them for the cases I originally had and he did with no problem. Not a bad haul.

You don't think NBA and/or FIFA would be removed mid-week or anytime soon? NFS: MW was removed mid-week not too long ago, I believe, and I purchased a copy from BB :\
I would get rid of them ASAP, FIFA comes out in little over a month, I just don't see them staying on past this week(could be wrong though).

Had to throw this in here: I ordered a FIFA 13 preowned and I got a email 25 minutes later saying they didn't have it so I called to see if another BB had one. The man checked and told me that there is not a single FIFA 13 preowned in the state of TEXAS or LOUISIANA, lol I don't know why he checked so many places. DAMN CAGS CLEARED THEM ALL OUT TO FLIP TO GAMESTOP LOL

I think he was asking about the 3 for 10 promo but I don't think so to your question. The list just updated today and I expected FIFA to be gone because it's been super cheap with a low TIV for weeks now. Like someone else pointed out it holds it's value pretty well though despite having a new version coming. NBA probably holds it's value best of any sports game right now and while the price is coming down the new version a month and a half away GS is still selling it for $38 used. So I think if they didn't remove FIFA this week I think you're pretty safe for now but could see that coming off first. I wouldn't wait long to act on either one personally since the current deal is dating through 9/26 but I would expect them to take them both off by mid-September at the latest. That's my moderately educated speculation on the matter at least.

Thanks as long as I can get a s&d match I would be happy, I guess I'll pick it back up. What exactly is a hacked lobby?
The easiest way to spot one is a list of colored text on the side of the screen.

Another easy way to spot one is if you're movement is weird, like you're moving on ice or something.

Grabbed:

Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
FEAR PS3

All were complete in good shape. When I checked out the worker grabbed the cases with the discs that had funky cases and artwork. I politely asked him to exchange them for the cases I originally had and he did with no problem. Not a bad haul.
While the prices are good, just a warning that those are two horrible JRPGs. Man, I remember playing the IU and wondering how on earth Square-Enix let this come out. I thought perhaps they'd clean it up for PS3, but then again, it was beyond saving. Last Remnant, funnily enough, is a fitting title to a game that felt like it was pieced together from remnants of existing unused material.

Generally good looking games, but outside of that, nothing much. I won't say much about the storylines -- just try to really lower your expectations.

While the prices are good, just a warning that those are two horrible JRPGs. Man, I remember playing the IU and wondering how on earth Square-Enix let this come out. I thought perhaps they'd clean it up for PS3, but then again, it was beyond saving. Last Remnant, funnily enough, is a fitting title to a game that felt like it was pieced together from remnants of existing unused material.

Generally good looking games, but outside of that, nothing much. I won't say much about the storylines -- just try to really lower your expectations.
I disagree with your comment about IU. I absolutely loved that game. I haven't played LR yet, so I can't say.

I disagree with your comment about IU. I absolutely loved that game. I haven't played LR yet, so I can't say.
I wouldn't put them anywhere near something like Lost Odyssey but they're definitely solid JRPGs on a console that doesn't have nearly as many as the PS3. If you like the genre it's worth at least giving them a go for $3 a piece.

Wish my gamestop had a complete Infinite Undiscovery. Meh, I'll probably pick it up anyways.

EDIT: Remember buying Battlefield 2 and it was in a gamestop case and he pulled out a complete ULTIMATE edition version of the game. I'm sure that was probably just luck however.

Man, I scan this list.. I can't even pick out 3 titles I want/don't own. Like not even 3. ANY I'd remotely want, I own already.

Sidenote: I love last remnant.

Found Infinite Undiscovery, with no case or manual, Wanted with nothing, and Heavenly Sword with everything. The guy basically told me that only the things in the box marked 3 for $10 were on sale. I had to search the store and found other games thanks to the list posted here. Lesson of the day, don't trust the employees, CAG's are the way to go.

Picked up (all X360)...

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Bourne Conspiracy

Lego: Indiana Jones

Also picked up GRAW 2 since I've wanted to play it for years and can't beat $3.

Total: A little over $13 after tax!

Picked up (all X360)...

Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Bourne Conspiracy
Lego: Indiana Jones

Also picked up GRAW 2 since I've wanted to play it for years and can't beat $3.

Total: A little over $13 after tax!
Wait, so you DON'T have to get 3 titles to lock in the deal? You can buy individual ones for $3.33~ or is it YMMV?

If that's the case, I may buy just COD4 for a friend to try..he's played all the CODs except the one that started the whole trend! Blasphemy!

Wait, so you DON'T have to get 3 titles to lock in the deal? You can buy individual ones for $3.33~ or is it YMMV?

If that's the case, I may buy just COD4 for a friend to try..he's played all the CODs except the one that started the whole trend! Blasphemy!
GRAW 2 is originally $3.

bread's done
Back