GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not a sports game, I give it at least 10 minutes or so to see if it catches my interest. Most of the time, I'm not playing them all the way through.
Okay, that's fair enough then. It sounded like you were planning to play all these all the way through. If that was the case I was going to hope that Cthulhu would devour you so you didn't have to suffer like that.

If it's not a sports game, I give it at least 10 minutes or so to see if it catches my interest. Most of the time, I'm not playing them all the way through.
Lol you sound like me... I have 200+ Xbox 360 games and started collecting a couple months ago. I was debating on getting more games from this sell but, honestly I don't think its worth it as to most of these games will drop bellow $1 when Xbox one is released. Although I'm debating on grabbing alpha protocol and both fears i wanna collect all three fears eventually ( I only played 3 and really enjoyed it )

Thanks again for the post.  I'm finally done.  3 local Gamestops, 30 Games, ~$100.  Every game is complete and in very good condition.  The only ones I wanted and couldn't find were Riddick and Super Street Fighter IV (found it but not complete, so I didn't buy).

This should hold me over for a really long time.  I can't hardly justify buying the PS4 considering how cheap PS3 games are getting now.  Graphics/Gameplay are still  really good..

Ignore what you've heard about Brink. Go in with an open mind and see if you enjoy it. I had fun with it for 3-4 hours before getting bored with it. For $3, I think that's fair. Also, Singularity should not disappoint. I finished it about 2 months ago and really enjoyed the story and the game play. Have fun!
Haven't heard anything about Brink so I'll try it either later tonight or early tomorrow.

I was looking at the full list and noticed Duke Nukem Forever was on there. Did they release an update to decrease the loading times? From what I played, the game otherwise wasn't that bad.

Is it crazy that I want to get Red Steel 1 and 2 even though I don't have a Wii or Wii U (but plan on getting a Wii U eventually)? Any recommendations for Wii Music?

The same girl that wouldn't take my written down PUR coupon almost didn't let me swap out my cracked disc.

She was like, "We can't do anything if YOU break the game.

I just laughed and said, "No, it was sold to me like this." (in case anyone didn't see, it really was given to me, I'm too paranoid with my games to treat them like that)

She looked at me and I thought I was going to have to ask for a manger or something but surprisingly she was like, "OMG, I'm sorry it's against policy to accept a game like this, no one should have ever given it to you."

She swapped it out for a better version and case. I was glad.

Oh and I got Payday 2, rushed over because they said they had 1 copy left over the phone.

Quantum of Solace on the hardest difficulty was one of the most challenging games i've ever played through. I applauded when i finished it then promptly returned it to trade in. (otherwise i was gonna snap the fuck out of it.) It really wasn't that bad a game either (for its price), it felt like COD WAW, but with bond. Yes, its a Treyarch game.

The same girl that wouldn't take my written down PUR coupon almost didn't let me swap out my cracked disc.

She was like, "We can't do anything if YOU break the game.

I just laughed and said, "No, it was sold to me like this." (in case anyone didn't see, it really was given to me, I'm too paranoid with my games to treat them like that)

She looked at me and I thought I was going to have to ask for a manger or something but surprisingly she was like, "OMG, I'm sorry it's against policy to accept a game like this, no one should have ever given it to you."

She swapped it out for a better version and case. I was glad.

Oh and I got Payday 2, rushed over because they said they had 1 copy left over the phone.
Yeah, I ended up with a Medal of Honor 2 UMD earlier today that looked like it had been stepped on. There was a piece missing from where it was cracked. The associate let me swap it out for Deer Drive for the Wii. Because you can never have enough Zapper games where you shoot digital wildlife.

All jokes aside, I bought 9 games today on top of the 6 I bought last week. And I got my Infinite Undiscovery, so I'm happy. Like the other guy said, I don't really need PS4/Xbox One at the moment. I own plenty to get me through the fall and winter.

Been trying to resist this deal, but may have to swing by a Gamestop or two tomorrow and see what they have. Do they have these games in a separate section, or do I need to bring a list to remind me which games are "3 for $10?"

Been trying to resist this deal, but may have to swing by a Gamestop or two tomorrow and see what they have. Do they have these games in a separate section, or do I need to bring a list to remind me which games are "3 for $10?"
Some are in a special area and they have a listing you can use.

There should be a 3/$10 bin on the sales floor somewhere and sales flyers on the main counter. It's easier to check the list in the OP to see what games are on it and have a list ready before you go in and just ask the associates to find them. People always throw other games not on the list in the bin all the time.

There should be a 3/$10 bin on the sales floor somewhere and sales flyers on the main counter. It's easier to check the list in the OP to see what games are on it and have a list ready before you go in and just ask the associates to find them. People always throw other games not on the list in the bin all the time.

Some are in a special area and they have a listing you can use.
Thanks. I'll take a gander at the list one more time and jot them down.

Best to see what you want ahead of time though since a lot of the best stuff is long gone by now but your store might still have something or not have it displayed on the floor. I've had a couple where I couldn't find it, asked and they had four or five complete copies in the drawer.

Know what you mean. I ended up going today and picking up 4 titles. Didn't find Red Faction: Guerilla but picked up Armageddon while I was there. Not one of the 3/$10 sale but it was only $4.50 and from what I've read in the reviews, sounds more like the one up my alley between the two (not a fan of open world games -- actually prefer linear ones).

Know what you mean. I ended up going today and picking up 4 titles. Didn't find Red Faction: Guerilla but picked up Armageddon while I was there. Not one of the 3/$10 sale but it was only $4.50 and from what I've read in the reviews, sounds more like the one up my alley between the two (not a fan of open world games -- actually prefer linear ones).
I had fun with it. Especially in the hoard mode.

Best to see what you want ahead of time though since a lot of the best stuff is long gone by now but your store might still have something or not have it displayed on the floor. I've had a couple where I couldn't find it, asked and they had four or five complete copies in the drawer.
yeah, same here just went today to get some of the games on the list. They kept most of the games on the list in the drawer, instead of the display bin.

Went through the list again and there are like a  good 8+ games I want. Have to widdle it down and/or just see what my local stores have tomorrow. 

Are GameStops meant to have the games in one place? I only see the Xbox games. I look for the others among value games.
They got a really pitiful little bin for the sale that holds barely any games and is the most picked over. Almost everything I've found has been on the shelf just alphabetically.

Some are on the shelf too, depends on how the employees are.

Dude at my store pulled the first 10 for each system, then left the rest.

All I keep seeing is a little basket with XBox 360 games that say that they're 3 for $10.
Right because it's tiny and 90% of them are still alphabetized on the shelf. That's why they have hundreds of those lists.

That looks like the approach most of the stores took.

Some are on the shelf too, depends on how the employees are.

That's exactly what they did at my store, I went in today to look at a few others and bam all good ones were on the shelf lol,

btw.. any of these 3 for 10 for the wii good?

stopped at 2 gamestops, didnt find PoP:FS  (main game for which I am looking.)

the one had about 15 copies of CoD: MW2 though

Cant....Stop....Buying...Games.......Just scored 3 more for 360...

Singularity

Red Faction Guerrilla

Brothers In Arms Hells Highway

For a total of 15 games in one week...(SO FAR)

I only payed for 2 sets of 3 BTW, been flipping Kmart clearance games for huge profits in GS trade credit.

Cant....Stop....Buying...Games.......Just scored 3 more for 360...

Singularity

Red Faction Guerrilla

Brothers In Arms Hells Highway

For a total of 15 games in one week...(SO FAR)

I only payed for 2 sets of 3 BTW, been flipping Kmart clearance games for huge profits in GS trade credit.
Singularity was a fantastic game. Had a blast playing the online, but sadly it was and is dead.

Singularity was a fantastic game. Had a blast playing the online, but sadly it was and is dead.
After spending last night checking out reviews and vids of Singularity and a bunch of other games. I was sold. I figured the online would be dead, but there's always hope.... It does look like alot of fun online.

Yep, they just pull the first games.

The sale bin was filled with Bulletstorm and Bad Company

think I'm done with the sale

all ps3, complete unless noted

Battlefield 2

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

The Darkness

Red Faction Guerrila

Heavenly Sword (1 complete, 1 disc only)

Dragon Age Origins

Super Street Fighter - missing manual

also picked up a complete Prince of Persia for $3, looks like a nice game 

GS associate took the manual out of Resistance 2 on my first visit and I didn't realize until I got home (why would he do this?), was able to get it on another visit.

overall happy with the sale, nice additions to ps3 library

Could not for the love of god find a complete copy of singularity. I give up.
Luckily i'm pretty good "friends" with the majority of the staff at my GS (i work next door to them at another Clearance game mecca "K-Mart"), They asked me "are you looking for the case and manual?, lemme go check the back". Although, out of all the games i scored from this deal, the one i wanted complete and didn't even GET a case for (it was given to me in the yellow envelope) was Armored Core 4 on 360. I am Disappoint.

The Conduit
Carn ival games is decent
Hope conduit is good. I picked up that along with PoP and red steel

Might go to a bigger GS close by and check out other wii games. I didn't see many good ones looking and then saw metroid trilogy and was like I wish they could mistake the 74.99 for 7.49 and include it in 3 for $10 lmaooo

GS associate took the manual out of Resistance 2 on my first visit and I didn't realize until I got home (why would he do this?), was able to get it on another visit.
He likely didn't actually take it out but just grabbed a different one out of the drawer. Games like that which they have a bunch of they just keep in the case in the drawers and they'll give you that instead of the one you brought up.

Not sure if the employee I got made a mistake, but I bought three games for ten dollars, then returned them the next day. However, I didn't get ten dollars back, I got the full value of each game, so I got about $22 back...

does anyone know if there is still an online community for medal of honor? always wanted to try that one, but I probably wouldn't get it just for the campaign.

Could not for the love of god find a complete copy of singularity. I give up.
I had no problem with that one. Bought it then got home and realized I already had it for PS3 so now I got the game on PS3 & 360. I blame CAG and my unmanageable backlog.

However I could not find FEAR 1, FEAR 2, or Infinite Undiscovery complete. I really wanted those too. :(

I had no problem with that one. Bought it then got home and realized I already had it for PS3 so now I got the game on PS3 & 360. I blame CAG and my unmanageable backlog.

However I could not find FEAR 1, FEAR 2, or Infinite Undiscovery complete. I really wanted those too. :(
I easily found Fear 2 lol

Not sure if the employee I got made a mistake, but I bought three games for ten dollars, then returned them the next day. However, I didn't get ten dollars back, I got the full value of each game, so I got about $22 back...
Yup same here I went and returned 2 out of the 3 games and got $15 back. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back