Gamestop - Gameday Sale Begins March 26th

I am hoping for Assassin's Creed 2. I know Gamestop dropped the price down to 39.99 recently but maybe they will lower it even more?

[quote name='ponn01']wow. 10 pages and no actual deals listed yet. I thought last year was ok but not 10 pages and counting of hype ok.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and soon to be followed by 25 pages of shock and outrage over how crappy the deals are. Sometimes there's decent stuff once they start slashing the prices a couple weeks into the sale, but it depends on what you're looking for. I think last year I got namco museum for the 360 for $9.99 new. Maybe it was $12.99 new, I don't remember. What I do remember is that every year they try to get rid of sonic games on the ps2 and gamecube.

[quote name='vinht426']I am hoping for Assassin's Creed 2. I know Gamestop dropped the price down to 39.99 recently but maybe they will lower it even more?[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in the 360 version and don't mind buying it used, it's approximately $26.XX on Gamestop.com with the CAG16 coupon code.

I wonder how many pages (consisting of pure speculation and wishful thinking) this thread will reach before the official list is posted...

[quote name='Dendaman']I wonder how many pages (consisting of pure speculation and wishful thinking) this thread will reach before the official list is posted...[/QUOTE]
And then the list is announced, and the bitching starts.

I could actually see Ass. Creed II for around $30; $20 would probably just be us dreaming. It does seem like a title they might throw in there, though. Ubi stuff usually drops like a stone.

It's going to be mostly older titles (likely nothing AAA in the last three months or so) or niche titles that don't generally sell that well and they're overstocked on. It always is.

You're not going to see $30 Heavy Rain or Bioshock 2.

[quote name='JJSP']It's going to be mostly older titles (likely nothing AAA in the last three months or so) or niche titles that don't generally sell that well and they're overstocked on. It always is.[/QUOTE]
Well, looks like Mass Effect 2 is going to be cheap used.

I hope the selection is good like last year's sale. FF1 & FF2 for psp $10 each, Valkyria Chronciles $20, Persona Fes 3 $15, House of the Dead Overkill $20, ahh the memories...

"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......
What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

Ummm...not to assume the mantle of grammar police, but "could of"...really? "he never could have out-fought Santino". I mean, dude...it's your sig!

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']thanks a lot this contributed to the thread in many ways[/QUOTE]

My opinion, just as you have yours.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I love these sales. Add to my UMD movie collection :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, get to Gamestop NOW then. They are currently selling many new UMD's for $2.99 each, and I can't imagine them going much lower in price.

Sometimes theres a decent game, most of the time its stuff I have zero interest in or all ready owned.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, get to Gamestop NOW then. They are currently selling many new UMD's for $2.99 each, and I can't imagine them going much lower in price.[/QUOTE]
75 cents a pop. WATCH IT HAPPEN! It'd be a secret clearance to get rid of them once and for all. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop employees open new games, take out the game and manual, and then place the case on the shelf (or in this case, in a bin). They serve as "display copies," which GS has the nerve to sell for full price.[/QUOTE]
an even bigger joke from Gameslop, Some kid went to buy MW2 and they only had one gutted copy, but someone must have stole the case and manual from the floor, but the kid really wanted it , so he paid 65.01 for call of duty game disc only. what a joke.

[quote name='Stevothepro']an even bigger joke from Gameslop, Some kid went to buy MW2 and they only had one gutted copy, but someone must have stole the case and manual from the floor, but the kid really wanted it , so he paid 65.01 for call of duty game disc only. what a joke.[/QUOTE]

Holy jesus, why? Unless all he had was GS credit and he REALLY REALLY wanted the the game, why didn't he go to a local retail store that I'm sure had multiple copies of it?

When I traded in some of my games last weeks I saw half minute hero "new" for $20 and figured I buy it with my new GS credit. I asked the employee when I brought it up to him if they had a "sealed, new" copy and he said no. So I just didn't buy it. Is it really that hard to say no?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']it. Is it really that hard to say no?[/QUOTE]

Is it really that hard to believe that some people just dont care about the "sealed" aspect? I know I for one dont.

[quote name='csmason1']"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......
What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

Ummm...not to assume the mantle of grammar police, but "could of"...really? "he never could have out-fought Santino". I mean, dude...it's your sig!
[/QUOTE]

Whoa reading this red font feels like I ate some "magic" mushrooms!

[quote name='hostyl1']Is it really that hard to believe that some people just dont care about the "sealed" aspect? I know I for one dont.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but would you still pay full price for that "new" copy, when you could pay $5 less for a used copy? Or full retail somewhere else with other things? Or cheaper on amazon?

Seriously, other stores sell open product as "floor samples" or "open material" at discount prices. Charging full price for open product is ridiculous. Especially when there've been cases of used product thrown back in as "new."

I don't mind buying used games at all, however, if i am paying the new price why should i expect it to be open? That story of paying new for disc only is nuts

[quote name='spcheap']That "spoiler" would be a very good deal. I got Valkyria Chronicles for $30 last time, that was a nice deal at the time.[/QUOTE]

thats the best game they had & it was only 30$. it was still 60$ everywhere else for a long while after that. hope there's more variety this time around.

Predictions:

A game or two by Ubisoft, NCAA Basketball 2010 (allegedly the last year for this franchise), Bionic Commando, Wanted, Sabateur, and Wii crap.

They did have some pretty good deals during this promotion. One that comes to mind was Persona 3: FES for ~$15-20 when other places were selling them for $25-35.

[quote name='hostyl1']Is it really that hard to believe that some people just dont care about the "sealed" aspect? I know I for one dont.[/QUOTE]

Remind me never to go shopping for underwear or condoms with you...

[quote name='anthonyd46']I don't mind buying used games at all, however, if i am paying the new price why should i expect it to be open? That story of paying new for disc only is nuts[/QUOTE]

I almost had that same thing happen as well. I wanted to get the Might & Magic Clash of Heros for DS; but the GS I went to was really disorganized and I looked and didn't see a case so I asked if they had it and they found the DS cartridge and then me and an employee went back to look for the case and we couldn't find it, and he was like "Well I could sell it to you with just a temp case" and I told the guy, "And would I still have to pay full price if you don't give me the case?" and he said "Yes." Basically I told him I would think about it and decided to make one more quick look for the case and finally found it in the horribly unorganized wall of DS games so I did end up getting the game with the case.

Anyways, long story short, I totally agree with most of everyone else, selling a game without the original case as "New" is totally ridiculous and unacceptable.

Oh yes! Time for Gamestop to clear out the warehouse and get rid of general overstock. There will be some good games and the prices aren't too bad, but a lot of times these games can be had elsewhere for cheaper. You'll mostly find games along the lines of Spider-Man: Web of Shadows and Bionic Commando. Most of the prices range from $10 to $30 and once the whole GameDay sale is over they simply put the games back on the shelves with even lower prices.

Not a bad deal, they will have to have something really good for really cheap to get me to spend a dime in one of those stores though. Gamestop usually sends out the list of games to employees about 2 to 3 weeks before the sale starts. So we should see it here really soon.

[quote name='Stevothepro']an even bigger joke from Gameslop, Some kid went to buy MW2 and they only had one gutted copy, but someone must have stole the case and manual from the floor, but the kid really wanted it , so he paid 65.01 for call of duty game disc only. what a joke.[/QUOTE]
I've seen this happen numerous times while I worked for Gameslop (I like that one). The thing with the company that has always bothered me while I worked there and still to this day, is that they don't train employees very well at all. It says in the handbook that if a customer is purchasing a game without the original case or manual then they get a 10% shopworn discount.

Personally I would always give this discount in cases like this, but even so, 10% isn't the best deal. I personally don't know how or why anyone would purchase a used copy of a game for $5 or $10 less than the new copy, when it's just the disc.

[quote name='momouchi']Actually, most games get put on the shelf at a higher price after the sale is done.[/QUOTE]

Most games they just want to get rid of get a further discount after the "regular" Gamedays Sale, but some games go on the shelf at a higher price as used. For ex: Valkyria Chronicles went back on the shelf as used at it's $55 price after the sale ended, while crap games stayed in the Gamedays bin and were discounted further.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, get to Gamestop NOW then. They are currently selling many new UMD's for $2.99 each, and I can't imagine them going much lower in price.[/QUOTE]

I thought someone posted in this thread that they're going to be $0.99-$1.99 for Gamedays & after that they're going back. Here it is: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6903761&postcount=80

[quote name='Illustr8r']Remind me never to go shopping for underwear or condoms with you...[/QUOTE]

i find it funny when people post cheap deals over on fatwallets on cheap condoms.... sorry but that is something i would not rather save some pennies on LOL

[quote name='bgame2']Predictions:

A game or two by Ubisoft, NCAA Basketball 2010 (allegedly the last year for this franchise), Bionic Commando, Wanted, Sabateur, and Wii crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for some decent Wii games this time around. I got Obscure The Aftermath last year and absolutely loved it. Hoping to see some good deals on something like Overlord Dark Legend or some other older titles that looked decent but couldn't be bothered to pick them up at full price.

[quote name='Illustr8r']Remind me never to go shopping for underwear or condoms with you...[/QUOTE]

Never heard of a washing machine? I guess you've never bought a pair of swimming trunks.

And I cant remember the last time I used a condom (being married has its privileges).

BTW: Thank you for playing "Really Bad Analogies". (courtesy the Stephanie Miller Show)

[quote name='orbit18']is this on new games? Like can i get god of war 3 and mass effect 2 and some other new game for free?[/QUOTE]

no even better. gamestop will actually pay you to buy games that aren't even released yet!

halo: reach here i come!

bread's done
Back