Gamestop NEW Black Friday Ad Changes (Battlefield 4 $24.99, Ghosts $44.99) NOW LIVE!

Osmanny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: Deals are Going Live!

Received a copy of the new Black Friday Ad last night at work.
Seems like they made some noticeable changes.
I've gone ahead and photographed all of the changes.

Just to clarify some things. Everything else in the ad should be exactly the same as the ad shown here: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad
I just pointed out the changes in the ad.

:360: :ps3: :pc: Battlefield 4 - $24.99
:360: :ps3: :wii: Just Dance 2014 - $14.99
:360: :ps3: :pc: Call of Duty: Ghosts - $44.99
20131121_023317.jpg
Another page confirming above price of Battlefield 4, and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
20131121_023343.jpg
Confirming Battlefield 4 price change available for PS3.
20131121_023411.jpg
Newly Listed:
PS4 - Just Dance 2014 $49.99
20131121_023359.jpg
Original PS Vita: Walking Dead Bundle - $199.99 replaced with:
PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi - $179.99
20131121_023444.jpg

You're all very welcome by the way. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always shop online on BF and have never really shopped at GS. Are their BF deals usually online as well? Also, my local local store has limited quantities of a title I want (plus, I'm digging that GTA V Pulse headset): is there any difficulty in buying ahead of time and doing a return/rebuy on BF? Just don't want to get stuck with a gutted copy...

I always shop online on BF and have never really shopped at GS. Are their BF deals usually online as well? Also, my local local store has limited quantities of a title I want (plus, I'm digging that GTA V Pulse headset): is there any difficulty in buying ahead of time and doing a return/rebuy on BF? Just don't want to get stuck with a gutted copy...

id like to know this as well. I dont want to go anywhere BF. Can you just order these deals online after midnight or something? Do you have to wait till 8am? Hows it work? GS.com usually sucks but its better than in store

good idea buying ahead of tim and doing a return/rebuy, but its way too late to order now online and return by friday. limited quantities usually means they are guts

Just to put it out there as most won't click the link.
From the FAQ:

"If I upgrade to PlayStation 4, what happens with my physical PlayStation 3 disk?
You must have the PlayStation 3 Battlefield 4 disk in your PlayStation 4 in order to play BF4 on PS4. "
The return of Jimmie. Welcome back fucker.

$24.99 for BF4 (PS3/360) + $9.99 to upgrade to PS4/XB1 is pretty good. Granted, you've got to keep the disc inside your system to play your upgraded game.

No.......

For Xbox 360 all you do is go to a Microsoft Store and trade it in for $9.99 and you get the Xbox One version

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.66376300?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-W8DwcQ.Xx74Gl1etmkwpSw&siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-2UZHVL6gPnK3gWlJGjmfZQ

So in theory it should work and is what I'm doing.....

No.......

For Xbox 360 all you do is go to a Microsoft Store and trade it in for $9.99 and you get the Xbox One version

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.66376300?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-W8DwcQ.Xx74Gl1etmkwpSw&siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-2UZHVL6gPnK3gWlJGjmfZQ

So in theory it should work and is what I'm doing.....
Yeah, it'll work... if you buy it from the Microsoft Store. Their price on BF4 right now is $59.99. The only thing you can do is hope for a price drop by Thanksgiving cuz that's the last day BF4 qualifies.

Yeah, it'll work... if you buy it from the Microsoft Store. Their price on BF4 right now is $59.99. The only thing you can do is hope for a price drop by Thanksgiving cuz that's the last day BF4 qualifies.

I guess I understood wrong? I thought you could buy it from any store and as long as you had a receipt you could trade it in. Man, I need to figure this out SMH

What do you mean the last day BF4 qualifies, I thought it said all of these games until the end of the year.....

The only store where you can trade up without purchasing the 360 game from them is Amazon. 

This is great because you can lock in the value now and Amazon has I believe all Xbox One games for $49 flat now.

gamestop is very easy to shop in store on black friday if you get there after opening... it's virtually barren 30 minutes after. unless you are talking about traffic but still not rush hour traffic at least.

I guess I understood wrong? I thought you could buy it from any store and as long as you had a receipt you could trade it in. Man, I need to figure this out SMH

What do you mean the last day BF4 qualifies, I thought it said all of these games until the end of the year.....
It's all in the fine print of the link you provided. It says you need proof of purchase from a MS Store or their online store. The games have to be bought within certain dates. I think within 30 days of the release day. Then you have till the end of the year to trade up.

Thanks OP - Battlefield was the only thing I had an interest in from Wal-Mart. No way I was going there tho, and I'd much rather spend GS credit anyway. Doing the same as most others, $25 + $10 for the PS4 upgrade. :D
Pardon my ignorance but what website is doing the current gen + $10 upgrade? Is it amazon?

so used games are not going to be b2g1 right?

OK wasn't sure if this was answered, but can I buy, say battlefield 4 today, keep it in wrapper till Friday, return and rebuy for 24.99 at GameStop? Im certain it'll sell out fast Cuz its a military town and people here beast for those type of games....

Pardon my ignorance but what website is doing the current gen + $10 upgrade? Is it amazon?
Yes amazon would be the one that is doing the $10 upgrade.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6228034-amazon-upgrade-xbox-360-game-to-same-title-for-xbox-one-for-9-99-or-less

This is for 360 only...the one i find for ps4 is the digital version...so you basically will have the ps3 disc to play..when you no longer want to play the game anymore...you just sell the ps3 version and delete the ps4 version off is what it seems.

To clear this up. BBY and GS are both offering the $9.99 trade up program. BBY's cut off for purchasing BF4 was the 24th. GS cut off for the trade up program is 30 days after release. The 30th day after release for BF4 is Wednesday the 27th. If you purchased the game within the above dates the store will send you an email that bumps the credit up to $50, guarunteed till the end of the year and only bumps it to $50 IF used on the next gen game. You must also show proof that the game was bought at the same store that you are trading into.

Amazon has a separate promote for trading up. You can trade in the game bought from anywhere and they will send you a separate voucher that gives. $25 off the next gen game plus whatever trade in value it is currently going for. This promo runs until late December. This probably won't give you a $35 next gen game as the TiV will probably tank to $10-15 since AMZ is selling BF4 for $25 or $30 also (forget which one). If the TiV does tank to $10-$15 then will effectively be getting the game for $45-$50. Which is not so good

So 2 work arounds.

For a $35 BF4 what will most likely work is: Purchase the game at GS BEFORE Wednesday ends for full price. Then go back on Black Friday and buy the game for $25. Use voucher to trade up to next gen then return the remaining previous gen game back in on the full price receipt. I believe this should work but I can't confirm it.

Or for AMZ route, lock in your trade in before the game tanks (most likely Wednesday) then purchase it on BF at GS (or anywhere else that has it on sale). Mail in the game and viola. Probably the easier route, but you have to make sure you lock in early.

For PS4; in each PS3 case their is a voucher to purchase a digital copy of BF4 on the next gen console for $9.99. But note that you have to use the previous gen disc as an authentication to play BF4 on PS4.

Look at that shit. BF4 can drop to $25, but CoD is still $45. Activision are such greedy bastards. MS Store had the Premium Edition of BF3 for $15 before while Black Ops 2 was listed at $40 on the same page. I mean come on.

To clear this up. BBY and GS are both offering the $9.99 trade up program. BBY's cut off for purchasing BF4 was the 24th. GS cut off for the trade up program is 30 days after release. The 30th day after release for BF4 is Wednesday the 27th. If you purchased the game within the above dates the store will send you an email that bumps the credit up to $50, guarunteed till the end of the year and only bumps it to $50 IF used on the next gen game. You must also show proof that the game was bought at the same store that you are trading into.

Amazon has a separate promote for trading up. You can trade in the game bought from anywhere and they will send you a separate voucher that gives. $25 off the next gen game plus whatever trade in value it is currently going for. This promo runs until late December. This probably won't give you a $35 next gen game as the TiV will probably tank to $10-15 since AMZ is selling BF4 for $25 or $30 also (forget which one). If the TiV does tank to $10-$15 then will effectively be getting the game for $45-$50. Which is not so good

So 2 work arounds.

For a $35 BF4 what will most likely work is: Purchase the game at GS BEFORE Wednesday ends for full price. Then go back on Black Friday and buy the game for $25. Use voucher to trade up to next gen then return the remaining previous gen game back in on the full price receipt. I believe this should work but I can't confirm it.

Or for AMZ route, lock in your trade in before the game tanks (most likely Wednesday) then purchase it on BF at GS (or anywhere else that has it on sale). Mail in the game and viola. Probably the easier route, but you have to make sure you lock in early.

For PS4; in each PS3 case their is a voucher to purchase a digital copy of BF4 on the next gen console for $9.99. But note that you have to use the previous gen disc as an authentication to play BF4 on PS4.
So it looks like BBY is guaranteeing a 40 dollar trade in credit for specific titles until the 31st of December... if that is the case...stock up on games at GS and trade them in at BBY for Credit. I purchased my BF4 from Amazon, and amazon seems like a pain, so I will probaby go best buy and since I have GCU i will get BF4 Xbone edition for 47.99-40 dollars trade in of regular BF4 = 8 dollars plus tax. Not a bad deal. Was looking to trade it in once my Xbone got here. Still awaiting shippment from Dell which says delivery date of 12/2/13.

NEED confirmation...

How do you get the PC version?
Will the game be 24.99 on the website?
If so at what time will the sale start online?
As far as online goes I'm not really sure if the same sales will apply, but to get the PC version you can easily buy it in store just like all other games.. It's amusing how some people assume GS doesn't carry Pc games in store lol.

so used games are not going to be b2g1 right?
EVERYTHING PRE-OWNED is going to be b2g1.

Thanks for the info.  $25 BF4 sounds tempting over $30 at Amazon, but when I figure in gas, mileage and time it works out the same for me.  Hopefully you all get to cash in though.  Good luck.

As far as online goes I'm not really sure if the same sales will apply, but to get the PC version you can easily buy it in store just like all other games.. It's amusing how some people assume GS doesn't carry Pc games in store lol.

EVERYTHING PRE-OWNED is going to be b2g1.
thanks

From Amazon's website:

"Until December 31, 2013 or while supplies last, trade in a select Xbox 360 game and get a $25 bonus credit toward the same title on Xbox One in addition to your trade-in value of at least $25. These special trade-in values are good for a limited time as quantities are limited."

Doesn't that say that you will get at least $25 trade-in credit on top of the $25 bonus?

Ok I guess I'll camp out, and IDK how it is where you are but PC is VERY limited in Phoenix :/

yeesh spent almost $400 picking up everything at gamestop that i want for Black Friday at regular MSRP. I'll go in at my leisure friday afternoon and return/rebuy it all

only thing i couldn't do that with is the PS+ card. Hopefully i can order one online or they have them in store when i go in

yeesh spent almost $400 picking up everything at gamestop that i want for Black Friday at regular MSRP. I'll go in at my leisure friday afternoon and return/rebuy it all

only thing i couldn't do that with is the PS+ card. Hopefully i can order one online or they have them in store when i go in
They really can't run out. Sources say digital codes are also on sale for 30. (Meaning infinite supply.)

Welp, I know I'm stocking up on BF4. I might get the PC version as I'm floored that it will already be $25 on BF. I'll be getting two more copies for my friends on 360 for Christmas. I'll also be getting Killzone Mercs, Tales of Xilla, and two years of PS+ then I think I'm set. :D

bread's done
Back