Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iPhone']Did anyone else catch this?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/19/arkham-citys-animated-series-batman-skin-is-exclusive-for-games/

I was wondering if it'll be free for Reward members or something we'll have to buy.[/QUOTE]

Just Announced:
Defend Arkham City in an Exclusive Batsuit
Get this PowerUp Rewards member pre-order exclusive, and let's put a smile on that face! Unlock the in-game Animated Batman Skin and play as the Caped Crusader from the 1990's hit, Batman: The Animated Series. This skin can be worn in the story campaign and in the challenge maps.

Remember, criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot. And there's no better way to strike fear into their hearts than dressing up as a giant bat. But you can only get this exclusive skin when you pre-order as a PowerUp Rewards member before Tuesday, October 18, and pick up by Monday, October 25. You don't have to be the World's Greatest Detective to know that now is the perfect time to pre-order!

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Just Announced:
Defend Arkham City in an Exclusive Batsuit
Get this PowerUp Rewards member pre-order exclusive, and let's put a smile on that face! Unlock the in-game Animated Batman Skin and play as the Caped Crusader from the 1990's hit, Batman: The Animated Series. This skin can be worn in the story campaign and in the challenge maps.

Remember, criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot. And there's no better way to strike fear into their hearts than dressing up as a giant bat. But you can only get this exclusive skin when you pre-order as a PowerUp Rewards member before Tuesday, October 18, and pick up by Monday, October 25. You don't have to be the World's Greatest Detective to know that now is the perfect time to pre-order![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I swear I looked on Gamestop's site and couldn't find any info on it.

[quote name='iPhone']Thanks. I swear I looked on Gamestop's site and couldn't find any info on it.[/QUOTE]

That was from an email they sent out. I haven't seen it on any site yet, but then again, I haven't really checked haha.

Let's say I wanted to get 60% trade in bonus. I would have to buy the SotW and trade my games in towards the purchase of GoW3 along with my edge card? What if don't want GoW3? Can I just come back at a later time and return it? Also, what if the value of games traded in exceeds the value of GoW3 standard edition?

You can cancel your preorder later and switch your full credit to anything else. Even if you already put down $55 for GoW3 and then come in with the SotW and $100 in games, you'll get the 50% bonus on them. That's how it works with normal trade in bonuses, anyway.

Question about a coupon i saw on thier site. The "Free Strategy Guide" one for 11,250, does it work on ANY strategy guide below 20$? Or has anyone ever had any issue using it before?

New Steal of the Week. $4.99 Fallout 3 when purchased with F:NV, making it $20.68 before tax for the two. Not great since I'm pretty sure everyone here has owned New Vegas at least once by now, but still not a bad deal anyway.

A couple new rewards added, including Man Candles. These sound so intriguing, especially bacon... too bad my points stash is relatively low at the moment.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question about a coupon i saw on thier site. The "Free Strategy Guide" one for 11,250, does it work on ANY strategy guide below 20$? Or has anyone ever had any issue using it before?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you'll get any strategy guide that's $20 or less. I've used it 5 or 6 times with no problems.

I did'nt got the Double Points for Fifa 12 went i went and pick up my pre-order i only got normal points.
Anyone got this same problem?

[quote name='HEDDGAF']Does anyone know if that fallout deal works out with the game of the year edition I doubt but I had to ask[/QUOTE]

I tried at the store, but the sales person didn't even know about the sale. So he didn't even try to ring it up. Doubt it would have worked anyway. I just got F3 for $8 last sale they had and when I got home found out that a sealed copy of the regular edition had the GOTY in it. Don't know how but I was happy.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Friend of mine said he got an email from GS saying he was getting double points for Dark Souls, even though it's not on the list.

Anybody else get that email?[/QUOTE]

I received an email from GameStop on 9/20 announcing that Dark Souls would get double points. Per the email:
Dark Souls Score Double Points
Scoring double PowerUp Rewards points is the only thing that's easy about Dark Souls. Just pre-order before Monday, October 3, and purchase it by Monday, October 10, to secure your double points.

Be ready for one of the most intense gaming experiences available. Punishment is swift, but once you've learned from your mistakes, the rewards are that much sweeter. Plus, you can meet and team up with other players online. And with a game this difficult, you're going to need all the help you can get.

New Steal is pretty lackluster to say the least, any decent CAG can search around here for a bit to find Wolfenstein for the same price or better without having to spend 2000 pts.

On a brighter note, I decided to cash out and get me some GoW dog tags.

does anyone know if the wolfenstien is new or used? I cant even find a reason to spend my points on most of there garbage so i dont mind putting towards a game.

[quote name='kit352']does anyone know if the wolfenstien is new or used? I cant even find a reason to spend my points on most of there garbage so i dont mind putting towards a game.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well. It doesn't specify. Thanks in advance !

Just a question,If I want to redeem my points for a psn card,do I have to print something out and bring it to the store or does it give the code online?

I went to gamestop to use my $10 off any preowned item coupon today, and it wouldn't give me the 10% off preowned games from powerup rewards.

According to the employee he said the 10% doesn't stack with a powerup rewards coupon, which I found odd, since it stacks with all other coupons/deals (also the employee seemed a bit puzzled by it as well because of this).

Anyone had any experience with this? Just wondering if I got jipped or if this is correct, or if it's a YMMV type thing.

[quote name='hartjog']I went to gamestop to use my $10 off any preowned item coupon today, and it wouldn't give me the 10% off preowned games from powerup rewards.

According to the employee he said the 10% doesn't stack with a powerup rewards coupon, which I found odd, since it stacks with all other coupons/deals (also the employee seemed a bit puzzled by it as well because of this).

Anyone had any experience with this? Just wondering if I got jipped or if this is correct, or if it's a YMMV type thing.[/QUOTE]

WTF thats stupid. Im going to see if that happens to me later on this week. If it does man do i feel sorry for that employee. :hot:

Well, I haven't been hoarding points, so right now I'm at 11,000 and want to know how long you think the Gears 3 Retro Lancer will be up there. If I can I want to get the 100,000 points, but it'l take a while, even if I get great scores for trade in, but I realllllly want that. (Didn't have the money for it when Gears 3 launched because I got an Epic Edition instead.)

[quote name='hartjog']I went to gamestop to use my $10 off any preowned item coupon today, and it wouldn't give me the 10% off preowned games from powerup rewards.

Anyone had any experience with this? Just wondering if I got jipped or if this is correct, or if it's a YMMV type thing.[/QUOTE]

The 10% off should happen on every purchase, no matter what promos or coupons you're using. Unless something has changed recently (I haven't done this recently enough to verify or deny), you got screwed.

Coupon has rung up fine with my powerup card several times before (i've used $10-$25-20% before). So either their system failed and/or the employee did something wrong.

[quote name='rawrker']Coupon has rung up fine with my powerup card several times before (i've used $10-$25-20% before). So either their system failed and/or the employee did something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Strange, the employee seemed to think I would get it before he rang it up and then explained the non-stacking after the system didn't give me the 10%. I suspect this was just an attempt to explain this rather than him actually thinking it was how it worked.

Looking back at my receipt, the powerup rewards did get scanned in; it has my account # and everything on there, but still no 10%.

So it looks like the system is not applying this correctly (assuming they just scan it and the system does the rest----which is all they've done in the past). I would imagine YMMV as to what employees would be willing to do an override if it's a system issue. Most will probably just read the "cannot be combined with other offers" clause on the coupon and assume that's why the 10% isn't being applied--despite it applying on other deals with that same language.

I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months!

Sorry for the lack of update last week guys, but there wasn't much to mention and the steal of the week sucked. New stuff this week, though, including an expensive trade in bonus (*sigh*) and some free tacos offer.

Also, $3 psn cards are back in stock!

[quote name='advanced']I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months![/QUOTE]

Yup, you do lose it! I renewed mine in July and didn't bother to look at my rewards fairly recently only to see that my coupon disappeared before I could use it.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Sorry for the lack of update last week guys, but there wasn't much to mention and the steal of the week sucked. New stuff this week, though, including an expensive trade in bonus (*sigh*) and some free tacos offer.

Also, $3 psn cards are back in stock![/QUOTE]

^Not familiar with this, might have to check this out. My Best Buy used to carry the $10 PSN cards, which I thought were the lowest denomination of actual PSN card, but for some reason they no longer carry it.

A bit off topic, but I've been trying to collect the different artwork of U.S. PSN cards. I got the one with a red car on it from TRU. I got the generic white one from Best Buy. I'll eventually get the one with a fighter plane/jet on it eventually. I missed out on the one offered by Walmart, which had Ratchet and other PS heroes/characters on it because it was $50 card. I wonder if I'm missing any others available in the U.S.?

Edit: Just checked the Rewards catalog and there is a $3 PSN credit for 3,080 points. I would get that if there wasn't so much actual physical stuff I wanted from that catalog like the T-shirts, wristbands, figurines, and key chains.

has anyone else lost their card before / had to call in and have them send you a new one? I've been waiting over a month now for a replacement.... getting a little pissed that it's actually taking this long.

and has anyone else gone to a store that didn't have their system working so they couldn't give you powerup rewards points on your transaction? had to call in about this too, and they told me I'd get the points credited to my account but it's also been a month on that...

[quote name='advanced']I just recently renewed my PowerUp and I got that B2G1 coupon with it. I noticed that it expired in November. I imagine if I don't use it by then, I'll definitely lose it, right? Why do they put such a short window on it? I signed up for the year, not for 3 months![/QUOTE]they have run b2g1 on bf weekend the last few years too, so you might want to use the coupon before then too.

I had to talk to the manager about this because I thought they were ripping me off too because of this. I had a $10 off coupon and I had planned to use the 10% off too but according to the manager, they don't stack up.

You can only get one or the other, not both. I found this extremely odd and maybe it varies from store to store but at least for my local store, they don't stack up.

[quote name='hartjog']Strange, the employee seemed to think I would get it before he rang it up and then explained the non-stacking after the system didn't give me the 10%. I suspect this was just an attempt to explain this rather than him actually thinking it was how it worked.

Looking back at my receipt, the powerup rewards did get scanned in; it has my account # and everything on there, but still no 10%.

So it looks like the system is not applying this correctly (assuming they just scan it and the system does the rest----which is all they've done in the past). I would imagine YMMV as to what employees would be willing to do an override if it's a system issue. Most will probably just read the "cannot be combined with other offers" clause on the coupon and assume that's why the 10% isn't being applied--despite it applying on other deals with that same language.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LordSMVS']Current SOTW is $10 off any pre-owned game for 6000 pts (25% off the original 8000).[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for this. Think I'm just going to pick the coupon up since I don't really plan on shopping there anymore.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Current SOTW is $10 off any pre-owned game for 6000 pts (25% off the original 8000).[/QUOTE]

I might get one of these, I've been wanting to pick up Rock Band 3...

So I just bought the coupon but instead of saying $10 off any pre-owned game it says $10 off any one Gamestop product. o_o

Pretty awesome deal then. My friend was able to redeem it as well (two times) and got the same coupon. For those interested I suggest buying the coupon ASAP before they fix the glitch.

[quote name='Luxuria']So I just bought the coupon but instead of saying $10 off any pre-owned game it says $10 off any one Gamestop product. o_o[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting this :D

I just redeemed for one myself. Going to use this on my Fate/Extra pre-order when I pick it up tomorrow. :applause:

[quote name='Luxuria']So I just bought the coupon but instead of saying $10 off any pre-owned game it says $10 off any one Gamestop product. o_o[/QUOTE]

Mine says that too! I think now I'll hang on to my coupon for Black Friday...

bread's done
Back