GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/773652327177871360

What a joke. I'm guessing the slim price of $299 and the slim being the standard from now on forced them to only offer $125 for a PS4. Plus this offer is only from 9/8-9/13. Do they expect you to preorder the Pro and not have a PS4 for a few months?

Maybe they will offer a pro-specific upgrade later on after the slim launches.

Yeah $125 is horrible.

Personally here's my plan:

$200 GS credit for ps4 traded toward the GoW Xbox preorder (done on 8/31)
Transfer the $200 to a ps4 slim, pick up next week on 9/15

Sell ps4 slim with upgraded 1tb sshd for $250-300 locally around late oct / early november

Buy PS4 Pro with the best Black Friday deal/bundle I can find

Yeah $125 is horrible.

Personally here's my plan:

$200 GS credit for ps4 traded toward the GoW Xbox preorder (done on 8/31)
Transfer the $200 to a ps4 slim, pick up next week on 9/15

Sell ps4 slim with upgraded 1tb sshd for $250-300 locally around late oct / early november

Buy PS4 Pro with the best Black Friday deal/bundle I can find
LOL @ trying to sell a used PS4 for 300 when thats their price new, gl with that man

Anyone know of some good GS-->eBay flips? I have some GS credit from the latest Redbox sale and since eBay cards are dead, I need to do it the old fashion way.

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/773652327177871360

What a joke. I'm guessing the slim price of $299 and the slim being the standard from now on forced them to only offer $125 for a PS4. Plus this offer is only from 9/8-9/13. Do they expect you to preorder the Pro and not have a PS4 for a few months?

Maybe they will offer a pro-specific upgrade later on after the slim launches.
Just sold my PS4 today for $240.......

PS4's are EASILY still selling for $250 used as current PS4 still sells for $349.99........

One thing I would advise though, is if you want to sell you better sell fast before more people find out there's a new PS4 coming and the current model will be replaced at $299.99......

I owned a PS4 and Xbox One, no point in having both. Thinking about getting an Xbox One S if I can find a great deal, if not I'm totally happy with my Xbox One which looks beautiful upscaled to my Samsung 4k 65"

in theory yes because the PS4 Pro is 2x GPU TFLOPs performance, but in practice it sounds like most games aren't really going to bother making a PS4Pro version so likely you will see no change at all.  Until some get into hands of digital foundry and others who test FPS and performance and stuff we really just won't know.

I'm starting to believe the refurb memo was distributed in my area. I have an extra copy of a game I tried trading in at two different stores earlier this week and each store wanted to charge a refurb fee. These are nice employees who know me well and have never done this before. The disc isn't mint, but it's very good. I've bought a lot worse looking discs at GS that worked well.

Ok, back to talking about Sony.

I'm not trading in my Metal Gear PS4 PERIOD for a slim.
jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

In for metal gear solid v ps4 skin from ebay
tumblr_llc4kk9Idp1qzyy9go1_r1_500.gif

Jeremiah Johnson reaction Gifs like a sonofabitch.

If I game on a 1080p TV is there any point in upgrading to the PS4 Pro? Like will I get better frame rates on games?
Not 100 % sure, but I think so. I think the boost wouldn't be worth the money though. I would at least wait until comparison reviews come out post release.

Fellow cags:

1. Does Texas charge tax when paying with trade credit?

2. If so (or not), does this apply statewide or can it vary by county?

I'm currently out of state and tax isn't charged here when paying with trade credit.

I'm planning on fully paying both the PSVR and PS4P before heading back to Texas in hopes of transferring the purchase using my out-of-state printed receipt to another store back at home.

Anybody try this before? Would this be possible? 

Does Texas charge tax when paying with trade credit? I'm currently out of state and tax isn't charged here when paying with trade credit.

I'm planning on fully paying both the PSVR and PS4P before heading back to Texas in hopes of transferring the purchase using my out-of-state printed receipt to another store back at home. Would this be possible?
no, i think when you preorder the game in the store, GameStop requires you to pick up at your pre-ordered store.

Fellow cags:

1. Does Texas charge tax when paying with trade credit?

2. If so (or not), does this apply statewide or can it vary by county?

I'm currently out of state and tax isn't charged here when paying with trade credit.

I'm planning on fully paying both the PSVR and PS4P before heading back to Texas in hopes of transferring the purchase using my out-of-state printed receipt to another store back at home.

Anybody try this before? Would this be possible?
Pre-orders can't be transferred from store to store. They would have to cash out your trade-in and give you the credit / money back.

Texas doesn't charge tax when paying with credit, but I think the whole thing has to be covered by credit. It's been a long time since I've lived in Texas, so the latter might or might not be correct.

Texas doesn't charge tax when paying with credit, but I think the whole thing has to be covered by credit. It's been a long time since I've lived in Texas, so the latter might or might not be correct.
Texas stores only charge tax on the amount that isn't covered by trade credit.

FYI, received an call from ebay. They are removing their term on restricting using ebay GC to purchase third partyGC on 9/13.

FYI if you have a Target and GS in the same complex, a decent flip is Bayonetta 2 at $9 on clearance at Target flips into $15.60 at GS if you trade towards NBA or Destiny.

Nobody but that's what all games start at, and was Uncharted 4 still over $20 when the last stealth bump happened?

I was just warning people that GS will have that below $10 base before the end of this month, guaranteed.
Last stealth bump was on Friday 9/2 and it was $17.50 base

Bump before that was Friday 8/26 and it was $20.00 base

Last time UC4 was $25.00 base was on Sunday 8/14

Did they get rid of those 3 dollar PSN cards if you redeemed your points on the app?

I can't find it and i'm just short in my wallet to buy something I want. 

FYI, received an call from ebay. They are removing their term on restricting using ebay GC to purchase third partyGC on 9/13.
I'm hoping this is true, I have so much eBay GCs left and I really don't know what to purchase. I'm sure they seen a drop in revenue since they implemented it and not to mention all the backlash on social media and probably people calling them about it.

I'm hoping this is true, I have so much eBay GCs left and I really don't know what to purchase. I'm sure they seen a drop in revenue since they implemented it and not to mention all the backlash on social media and probably people calling them about it.
I'm already preparing the "God is Real" crying Beyonce gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back