Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='ps2emotions']What do you all think the epic edition of gears 3 will and should include? At $150 it better be some good stuff. Do you think there will be any chance of seeing a gears 3 limited edtion 360? I'd love to see something done like the halo reach edition but gearified.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what will be in it, but for 70 dollars more than the limited edition it better be worth it or ill go back to the limited edition. Im hoping for some cool game ends, similar to what mortal kombat is having. Maybe a case it comes with that looks like an ammo resupply. Want some xbox theme, in game content, maybe soundtrack/art book, cog tags. something.

As far as the 360, not sure yet, but someone did tweet rod and he said "no comment ;)". So there could be plans.

There probably will be one, would be strange if there wasn't a CE for it since the first two had it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it got cheap quick like the first two as well.

I'm looking for a Bulletstorm Epic Edition Online Pass code to get me into the beta early. I've got a Jill & Shuma DLC code for Marvel vs Capcom 3 as an offer in exchange. (this code you can test now)

I've also got an extra set of Gears 3 regular beta, GameStop pre-order, if you can trade me the Bulletstorm online pass. Any takers? (this code you'll have to wait till April to enter)

[edit: sorry, my offer was for one or the other; not both. sorry if it was taken the other way.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else read Anvil Gate?

I'm about 2/3rds done with it. If they jump right into the game directly after the AG story, they are going to having a shit load of flashbacks or something to fill in the gap.

I think he looks dumb. I was a little unhappy with football cole, now we are also going to see Saints Row cole running around? Just wont look right when you see them running around in MP. :(

Just a heads up, the beta codes are locked to the console and not your gamertag. So if i were you i wouldnt use them until the day the beta is released. You dont want to use the beta code and then have your 360 break and lose out. Unfortunately i already used my bulletstorm code, so i probably wont use my xbox at all until april 18th, to get at least 1 game in to unlock the flaming hammerburst LOL. I know im a little paranoid for unlocking stuff, but i didnt pay 60 bucks to miss out. But your stats would carry over if you had a new beta code, and new console, but same gamertag apparently.

[quote name='Amblix']Anyone else read Anvil Gate?

I'm about 2/3rds done with it. If they jump right into the game directly after the AG story, they are going to having a shit load of flashbacks or something to fill in the gap.[/QUOTE]

I'm 3/4 through Jacinto's Remnant, and I thought there was a fourth book coming out sometime around August before Gears 3.

btw, I'm still needing a Bulletstorm Epic online pass for the week 1 Gears beta. I've still got an unused Marvel vs Capcom 3: Jill & Shuma DLC code for trade. Plus now I'll throw in the week 2-4 beta code from the pre-order as well. Any takers?

Is the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm still available for purchase? I have no interest in that game, but am interested Gears of War 3 Beta, especially because of the unlocks.

I still see copies of Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for the PS3, so is the Epic Edition similar in that it's still fully available?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Is the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm still available for purchase? I have no interest in that game, but am interested Gears of War 3 Beta, especially because of the unlocks.

I still see copies of Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for the PS3, so is the Epic Edition similar in that it's still fully available?[/QUOTE]

Pre-order Gears 3 from Gamestop for Beta access.

[quote name='Gamehead']Pre-order Gears 3 from Gamestop for Beta access.[/QUOTE]

But pre order beta wont get you the 1 week head start or flaming hammerburst like the BSEE beta will. Just FYI since he cares about the unlocks.

[quote name='The 7th Number']But pre order beta wont get you the 1 week head start or flaming hammerburst like the BSEE beta will. Just FYI since he cares about the unlocks.[/QUOTE]

so the beta via Bulletstorm code will give access to more unlocks aside from ones that are available through the normal beta (like the golden lancer and Cole)? so there's no reason to get the regular beta code?
if so I'll just pick up a cheap used copy in about 2 weeks since I have a Bulletstorm code.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so the beta via Bulletstorm code will give access to more unlocks aside from ones that are available through the normal beta (like the golden lancer and Cole)? so there's no reason to get the regular beta code?
if so I'll just pick up a cheap used copy in about 2 weeks since I have a Bulletstorm code.[/QUOTE]

The only thing BSEE beta players will get is the flaming hammerburst. Otherwise you can unlock the rest of the flaming weapons, thrashball cole, and golden retro lancer with the pre order beta. Though the BSEE gives your that extra week, which might be of help getting the golden retro lancer. Whhere you have to play 90 matches to unlock it, then to keep it in the full game you have to kill 100 people with it.

Here is a chart someone made...

2iu7znq.jpg

So there's nothing to stop us from preordering at GS then canceling the preorder afterwards since the code is on the receipt?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Will the beta be public at any point, or are the Bulletstorm codes and the GameStop preorder codes the only way to get in?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure thats the only two ways of getting in.

I was able to find a copy of the Epic Edition at my local Best Buy. They had more copies available, and the game is on sale at their store and at their website for $49.99. Just a heads up to those interested in the Beta.

[quote name='drktrpr1']So there's nothing to stop us from preordering at GS then canceling the preorder afterwards since the code is on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

You'd be a jerk to them killing their sales percentages. How about you just ask them nicely for the code without reserving the game?

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']You'd be a jerk to them killing their sales percentages. How about you just ask them nicely for the code without reserving the game?[/QUOTE]

It is possible. I pre-ordered my copy for a friend and the store mgr forgot to give me a code and I told him so he just went to the other register, printed a receipt with a code and I was on my way. didn't show my pre order info on the receipt or anything, just the xbl code and the return policy. besides, you can always transfer those $5 you put down to microsoft points or something else.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']You'd be a jerk to them killing their sales percentages. How about you just ask them nicely for the code without reserving the game?[/QUOTE]

Because gamestop does so much right for the customers :roll:

Just pre order the game online, they email you the code. Then you can easily cancel your pre order online. No harm no foul

fuck it, when I went to pick up my cheap Fallout NV Collector's Edition and asked about scoring a Beta code, not only was the manager a total douche about that (and everything else - god forbid I ask him to look in the back for something) he refused to give me the code. It's got a unique SKU and it rings up as $0 on the receipt, so it would have been TOTALLY easy to do that.

So I preordered the game, got the code, and will promptly cancel my preorder after the Beta. Another great deal/bad experience at Gamestop.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just a heads up, the beta codes are locked to the console and not your gamertag. So if i were you i wouldnt use them until the day the beta is released. You dont want to use the beta code and then have your 360 break and lose out. Unfortunately i already used my bulletstorm code, so i probably wont use my xbox at all until april 18th, to get at least 1 game in to unlock the flaming hammerburst LOL. I know im a little paranoid for unlocking stuff, but i didnt pay 60 bucks to miss out. But your stats would carry over if you had a new beta code, and new console, but same gamertag apparently.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link backing that claim up? I'm asking because I plan on possibly getting a new 360 and it seems everyone on the Gears 3 boards thinks the BSEE code links with your GT like most if not all codes.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Is canceling pre-orders hassle free on GameStop.com like Amazon.com?[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed something it should be

[quote name='Trakan']With the Uncharted 2 Beta, you couldn't cancel your order on GS.com after they sent you the beta code.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, that sucks. I'm going to buy this game anyways, but I'd rather wait for a better launch day sale (I remember getting Gears 2 with a 1600 MSP card, for example) than be locked into Gamestop :hot:

Dedicated Servers AND Host Migration? WTF?

If you have dedicated servers then why the fuck do you need a host, let alone host migration? Must not really be dedicated servers then...weak.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Dedicated Servers AND Host Migration? WTF?

If you have dedicated servers then why the fuck do you need a host, let alone host migration? Must not really be dedicated servers then...weak.[/QUOTE]

If the servers fail, or are down for maintenance, thats when it will go to hosting. Which is where the host migration comes into play. Otherwise its going to be dedicated servers. At least thats what i hear.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If the servers fail, or are down for maintenance, thats when it will go to hosting. Which is where the host migration comes into play. Otherwise its going to be dedicated servers. At least thats what i hear.[/QUOTE]

I hope that is the case. The lack of dedicated servers in GOW 2 is what killed the multiplayer for me (not even going to mention the lag switching...). Whoever was host ran the game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']If the servers fail, or are down for maintenance, thats when it will go to hosting. Which is where the host migration comes into play. Otherwise its going to be dedicated servers. At least thats what i hear.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was for private games, the private games aren't going to be hosted on the dedi servers.

[quote name='TheRock88']Dont know how but saw someone on my list playing the beta right now. Thought it started in a couple of weeks?

gearsb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hell... retail employees with access Microsoft's loyalty site don't even have the chance to play right now. Wonder how they got it.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']Hell... retail employees with access Microsoft's loyalty site don't even have the chance to play right now. Wonder how they got it.[/QUOTE]

They got a code from someone who works for Epic more than likely.

Hey Community!

There was talk during the UStream about somebody putting together a list of Rod's Q&A's from the Gears of War 3 Beta even in Toronto compiled for all to see - didn't see one yet so I figured I would get started. This is a work in progress - I'm posting what I remember being answered and I also look to others who were watching the UStream to help me out and I'll update this post as we go along!

-----------------------------------------
Q: Will party chat be allowed in Gears of War 3?
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be any additional, unannounced game modes?
A: No.

Q: Will there be special skins for Locust characters like the Thrashball Cole type of skin for Cole?

Q: What is the Team Deathmatch Ruleset for the beta?
A: Fifteen respawns, two rounds to win.

Q: There's all these rumors about early code giveaways. Will Epic have any codes to give away to the community for early access?
A: Yes. The beta is already live and Epic staff are currently playing from home. Throughout the next week we will be looking to add users and I am sure that myself, Flak, CliffyB, and raczilla will have some codes to give away for early access next week.
NOTE: Mediums were not announced on how they would give them away, but keep your eyes peeled on Twitter accounts of Epic staff and the Epic Forums.

Q: Will Microsoft ExpertZone members who have completed the required training course get access to the Beta on April 15th?
A: Yes. (Rod double checked with the Xbox Canada staff at the event and they confirmed this.)
NOTE: This is a private internal program that Microsoft is doing and has nothing to do with Epic Games. Bulletstorm Epic Edition owners still have access before the PUBLIC, except for a few lucky code winners!

Q: When will we get the details on Horde 2.0
A: These details will be announced at E3. There will also be a Horde demo set up and playable at the E3 expo for those attending.

Q: Will there be unlockable Avatar Awards from achievements, etc.?

Q: How will Epic handle people who quit out of games?
A: People who quit or pull the plug before a game is completed will get a host ban and will be pair up with other people who quit or pull the plug also.

Q: What does the Epic Edition of Gears of War 3 include?
A: Love. It includes lots of love.

source: epic forums

Special locust skin, i hope there is a glowing lambent skin, much like halo gets flaming helmets. Avatar awards, awesome! Quitters get paired with other quitters, LOL.

8 more days, holy hell i can not wait. Im gunna be rusty as shit, havent played gears 2 in a long time. But i really cant wait, every time i read more about this game i love it more.

bread's done
Back