checkout
drydock
overpass
gridlock
trenches
gridlock
old town
gridlock

seriously....why the hell do the same maps keep repeating. It makes the game boring having to keep playing on the same maps. I shouldnt have to quit and find a new match to get a different map.

BTW, made it to level 80.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Next 10 games i played ...

checkout
drydock
checkout
drydock
overpass
gridlock
trenches
gridlock
old town
gridlock

seriously....why the hell do the same maps keep repeating. It makes the game boring having to keep playing on the same maps. I shouldnt have to quit and find a new match to get a different map.

BTW, made it to level 80.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the fact that you're level 80 makes the game seem more boring to you then it does to lower level people?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Maybe the fact that you're level 80 makes the game seem more boring to you then it does to lower level people?[/QUOTE] doubt that. I got to 51 or 52 and feel the same. Gears 2 Execution with a full party back in the day was awesome even with the shit code before TU2/3. maybe I need to play in a party since koth is getting boring for me especially since I'm getting lots of subtle-yet-obvious-lag (and my 1 bar connection doesn't help). anyone wanna party up for some tag? 7th invite me when you see me sign on!

Did anyone notice that the events say Hardcore for oct 21-24, wonder what that will be. Maybe Hammerburst/lancer/gnasher only. Maybe the hud wouldnt highlight teammates. Im pretty excited to see what happens.

Im hoping they have a halloween event too, Jack o lantern heads? That would be cool, and if you get headshot, then it would sound like it does when you shoot the pumpkins in old town. :D

Im not really getting bored, its just that replaying the same maps gets old fast. Especially when its maps you just played 2 rounds ago, and a couple maps dont even show up.

IDK about you guys, but i rarely ever hear mad world when i play gridlock. It usually happens in the 2nd round, but most of the time it dont even play for me.

id love to play horde with CAGS. playing with randoms does not cut it. i want to reach lvl 50 but it seems impossible with randoms......
1st round wave 14 host quits
2nd try wave 25 host quits
3rd try wave 40 host quits

we were doing great to bunch of quitters

[quote name='The 7th Number']Did anyone notice that the events say Hardcore for oct 21-24, wonder what that will be. Maybe Hammerburst/lancer/gnasher only. Maybe the hud wouldnt highlight teammates. Im pretty excited to see what happens.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that the default difficulty in public Horde will be Hardcore instead of Normal.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Next 10 games i played ...

checkout
drydock
checkout
drydock
overpass
gridlock
trenches
gridlock
old town
gridlock

BTW, made it to level 80.[/QUOTE]

That's sucks. I don't play at lot of DM but that would really piss me off if I had to play through the same places again & again. They should start you off random and then go in some kind of order.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm guessing that the default difficulty in public Horde will be Hardcore instead of Normal.[/QUOTE]
That is what I was thinking too. Add Beast into that mix.

Kids still using mods in this game, it's ridiculous as how fast you can get downed by 3 shots from the lancer/retro & hammerburst. Also, having a jtag 360 gets you special things as I saw a guy with the crimson omen emblem next to his rank.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Kids still using mods in this game, it's ridiculous as how fast you can get downed by 3 shots from the lancer/retro & hammerburst. Also, having a jtag 360 gets you special things as I saw a guy with the crimson omen emblem next to his rank.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the getting downed fast is due to a modded system, likely either a turbo controller or a modded controller which is worse. if the script kitties stick with aesthetic mods (name or weapon only) in Gears I wouldn't mind. it's the shit like 5 perks in mw2 that is really bad

[quote name='intoxicated662']Kids still using mods in this game, it's ridiculous as how fast you can get downed by 3 shots from the lancer/retro & hammerburst. Also, having a jtag 360 gets you special things as I saw a guy with the crimson omen emblem next to his rank.[/QUOTE]

Rod said that supposedly they have something in the game that prevents h use of modded controllers. Like a ROF cap on the hammer burst or something

[quote name='GuitarMan']That's sucks. I don't play at lot of DM but that would really piss me off if I had to play through the same places again & again. They should start you off random and then go in some kind of order.[/QUOTE]

That's how Gears 3 works with it's Map Rotation. Whatever map you start out on, it always goes back to it after 1 match on another map. It's not even a set order. It just rotates around the first map.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Also, having a jtag 360 gets you special things as I saw a guy with the crimson omen emblem next to his rank.[/QUOTE]

You get that if you helped make the game.

What are the gears of war 3 events so far ? I can only remember 3.
1) Golden Wings, 2) Big head (Columbus day event) and 3) Torque bow.
Did I miss an event or forgot about one ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone playing tonight? I am going to be playing for quite a few hours, feel free to add me, none of my friends have Gears 3 right now and I need more CAG XBL friends.

[quote name='Seaworthyset']What are the gears of war 3 events so far ? I can only remember 3.
1) Golden Wings, 2) Big head (Columbus day event) and 3) Torque bow.
Did I miss an event or forgot about one ?[/QUOTE]

Golden Wings? 1st one was for opening week of release.

EDIT: I guess golden wings and opening week of release is the same thing. I didnt know it had a special name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, just got through waves 30-50 on Horde (normal) with CAG sublime90. I was playing for like 7 hours straight... felt like the only way we could win on the boss fights was if we got lucky and got a Brumak. Bezerkers are freaking impossible. Anyway, it was kind of tedious, but pretty fun. I still need waves 21-29 for the achievement, though.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Golden Wings? 1st one was for opening week of release.

EDIT: I guess golden wings and opening week of release is the same thing. I didnt know it had a special name.[/QUOTE]

Ticker Tuesday on the 18th, and apparently there's another one this coming weekend as well.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Whew, just got through waves 30-50 on Horde (normal) with CAG sublime90. I was playing for like 7 hours straight... felt like the only way we could win on the boss fights was if we got lucky and got a Brumak. Bezerkers are freaking impossible. Anyway, it was kind of tedious, but pretty fun. I still need waves 21-29 for the achievement, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed you were in Horde Lv 39, on I think Sandbar, when I started a Horde with randoms, in Trenches. We lost one player midway through. Then another after a few rounds of Lv 30, battling those damn beserkers and gunkers. The 3 of us leftover were so happy to see the Brumak and finally get past that Level. The others text me that they were tired, so we all quit mid-30's. I noticed that you were still online at Lv 49. 7 hours of Horde, that's insane. Did you guys have to time your bathroom breaks or run around looking for your wireless controller cord (because you forgot to charge your battery the night before and your controller went out in the heat of battle...that's me :dunce:)?

It only took one game of CTL with randoms for me to head back to the main menu and set up a private with two insane bots, friendly fire and disabled weapon/grenade pick ups. Lightning fast results (the bots spawn BEHIND you in your spawn when they die for f*ck sakes). I guess this would be a perfect time to see what's on the tube.

This game is so amazingly fucked up online, I can't believe it.

I don't know what happened but it's completely fucked.

If you're not the host or the host doesn't have even a mildly decent connection you won't experience intended gameplay, at least I haven't.

Everyone else moves faster, there's no stopping power coming out of my weapons, there's no such thing as headshots with the Lancer, shooting someone 4 times with the gnasher only to trade kills when you get shot once. This is the worst I've seen it.

And what's up with playing the same like 2 maps over and over??
This is all in QuickMatch by the way, I never have a big enough team to play Ranked..........

Did I mention I Love getting the first blood ribbon and still dying from trading kills?

For some reason yesterday when I played online there was a team I went against who all but 1 or 2 were using Gnashers but they were practically sniping me with them. From half-way across the map they were downing me with full health in 2 Gnasher shots even when I was in cover! All the while my active reloaded Hammerburst apparently did absolutely nothing to them. Granted, I haven't played much multi-player but it was just horrible.

Then don't get me started on Torque Bow Tag where I was getting tagged around corners and blown up by bolts on the environment while so many times my bolts right against someone didn't even down them. Then in close quarters people were warping from in front to behind me and back again. I guess that was my first experience with P2P instead of dedicated servers or something but it brought back horrible memories of Gears 2 mp.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Whew, just got through waves 30-50 on Horde (normal) with CAG sublime90. I was playing for like 7 hours straight... felt like the only way we could win on the boss fights was if we got lucky and got a Brumak. Bezerkers are freaking impossible. Anyway, it was kind of tedious, but pretty fun. I still need waves 21-29 for the achievement, though.[/QUOTE]

no kidding man! waves 39 and 48 took us more than an hour to finally finish. i wanted to quit so bad toward the end but it wasnt happening. i'll be more than happy to jump back into horde with you so you can beat 21-29 if you didnt already, but im sure as hell not doing the entire thing again like i did yesterday lol. im about half way through with arcade mode campaign on insane so i might also look to finish that up sometime soon. it really dragged on toward the end but for the most part i had a lot of fun.

[quote name='hustletron']
Everyone else moves faster, there's no stopping power coming out of my weapons, there's no such thing as headshots with the Lancer, shooting someone 4 times with the gnasher only to trade kills when you get shot once. This is the worst I've seen it.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='woodcan']For some reason yesterday when I played online there was a team I went against who all but 1 or 2 were using Gnashers but they were practically sniping me with them. From half-way across the map they were downing me with full health in 2 Gnasher shots even when I was in cover! All the while my active reloaded Hammerburst apparently did absolutely nothing to them. Granted, I haven't played much multi-player but it was just horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Pretty sure that's the intended functionality of the shotguns in this game.

Seriously - I always thought just learning to love that stuff is how people came to be such big gears vs fans.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Pretty sure that's the intended functionality of the shotguns in this game.

Seriously - I always thought just learning to love that stuff is how people came to be such big gears vs fans.[/QUOTE]

The intended functionality is for them to eat 3 slugs from my shotgun and me to eat 1 and we both die?

Or when I have to shoot someone who's on cover, not moving, in the face twice with the gnasher for them to get gibbed?

Yeah that hardcore event is probably going to be horde and or beast mode. For those people who cant get 4 other friends to do harder difficulties in private, this is a nice event for them. Ill do it just to get the medal.

Right now im watching NFL as my game plays warzone, 1 round, insane bots, 2 min a round. Just trying to boost up the stats when im not playing. LOL. My xbox actually shut itself off after an hour because i forgot to turn the auto off timer to off. So had to start it back up again.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah that hardcore event is probably going to be horde and or beast mode. For those people who cant get 4 other friends to do harder difficulties in private, this is a nice event for them. Ill do it just to get the medal.

Right now im watching NFL as my game plays warzone, 1 round, insane bots, 2 min a round. Just trying to boost up the stats when im not playing. LOL. My xbox actually shut itself off after an hour because i forgot to turn the auto off timer to off. So had to start it back up again.[/QUOTE]

Is this for the matches played medals??

[quote name='thrustbucket']Not sure what you guys are complaining about. Pretty sure that's the intended functionality of the shotguns in this game.

Seriously - I always thought just learning to love that stuff is how people came to be such big gears vs fans.[/QUOTE]

Uh... no. Wood and Hustle's complaints are valid.

What they were experiencing is NOT the intended functionality of the shotguns in this game. What they did experience however is lag based bullshit under player to player connections in this game. There is a huge difference. You cannot snipe with the Gnasher in Gears of War 3 on a server connection under ANY circumstances. Your shots simply won't connect to the intended target after a certain range even WITH the minor range increase of an active reload. This is fact. It's been tested and documented plenty of times. If you're in a game where it does you are either mistaken or playing in a lag based off server environment. It's just that simple.

[quote name='hustletron']
If you're not the host or the host doesn't have even a mildly decent connection you won't experience intended gameplay, at least I haven't.[/QUOTE]

Definetly agree, especially this morning. One match this morning I was teleporting due to the insane lag. I switch multiple games and it gets a little better but never to what has been the Gears norm. Most of my Torque Tag games today I couldn't see the torque stick me; it just went straight to the explosion animation.

Not every game, but once in a while I'll run into a extremely laggy game like Gears 2 was. Where I warp all over the place. I got to thinking it was my internet so last time it did it. I did a speed test and that came back normal. So I fired up MW2 and it was fine. Then I go back to Gears 3 and it was still laggy. It rarely happens and tends to happen mostly on the weekend.

[quote name='hustletron']Is this for the matches played medals??[/QUOTE]

Warzone matches
Playing as a woman
Hard target (last man out, sometimes)
Match winner (only if my bots win)
Veteran (play x amount of matches)

so yeah its for a few medals.

[quote name='lordopus99']Definetly agree, especially this morning. One match this morning I was teleporting due to the insane lag. I switch multiple games and it gets a little better but never to what has been the Gears norm. Most of my Torque Tag games today I couldn't see the torque stick me; it just went straight to the explosion animation.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. It rarely happens, but some games are just unplayable. The lag makes you warp all over the place. Kind of reminds me of some of the matches in Gears 2. At first I blamed my internet and did a speed test. That came back fine. I even played MW2 which I got full bars and it was playing fine. Then I fired up Gears 3 again and it warped all over the place. It rarely happens, but it is really annoying when it does. I'll give it so long and if it warps for a long time I'll usually leave the game.

Yeah, I finally experienced that host advantage thing last night. Not sure why it happens, but it can definitely be a game killer. Just like in previous Gears, the only way to counter host is to have some active reloads ready. The host would get constant headshots with the Gnasher and Longshot, and 1-2 shot kills with the Gnasher at a range where he should not be. He would also avoid triggering/getting stunned or hit by grenades. -________-

Oh my gawd. The sawed-off is still killing me at extreme ranges when I'm at full health. I'm getting blown to bits when I run away from them. And if you didn't notice, Cliffy changed the desciption of the sawed-off. That gun pisses me off so much because of its inconsistency >:3

[quote name='popular penguin']Oh my gawd. The sawed-off is still killing me at extreme ranges when I'm at full health. I'm getting blown to bits when I run away from them. And if you didn't notice, Cliffy changed the desciption of the sawed-off. That gun pisses me off so much because of its inconsistency >:3[/QUOTE]

I use both the gnasher and sawed off but I have to agree and become biased now, the sawed off is for some reason getting gibs the gnasher should be, the only difference is the sawed off ALWAYS gets it.

I know it's more or less because of lag but I make it a strategy of mine to bait people who use sawed offs while I use my lancer.

I roll away and back pedal while I alternate hip firing and hard aiming, thanks to stopping power not working because the connection sucks and/or I'm not the host, I always get gibbed because they can close the distance.

If I take my gnasher out, we ALWAYS trade kills unless the sawed off guy misses which is hard to do with the sawed off.

[quote name='GuitarMan']I noticed that you were still online at Lv 49. 7 hours of Horde, that's insane. Did you guys have to time your bathroom breaks or run around looking for your wireless controller cord (because you forgot to charge your battery the night before and your controller went out in the heat of battle...that's me :dunce:)?[/QUOTE]

Haha, nah I didn't get up but like once or twice (after I had died and was waiting for the round to end). Play and charge cable ftw. :p It was a long night though, and I hadn't even played for the first half.

And yeah, sublime, it did drag pretty bad towards the end, haha. But then all of a sudden we would beat a wave (by some miracle) and then it would be alright, haha.

It's nice some people are finally starting to understand why rational players complained about the SOS so much. Its mechanics laugh in the face of bullet lag on top of the range buff awarded from off server connections. Regardless of the connection if one pellet grazes any part of a character's body the user is rewarded a guaranteed kill. Rolling, standing, on or off cover - doesn't matter. The remaining loadout selection can't compete with that level of consistency. Had Epic revamped the net code and reevaluated their definition of melee range the differences wouldn't have been as dramatic, but still in demand of a serious tweak. It's the only gun in the game that isn't negatively affected by lag.

In my personal experience on P2P...

Lancer: Cripples stopping power, reduces fire rate, affected by bullet lag
Hammerburst: Cripples stopping power, affected by bullet lag
Retro: Cripples stopping power, reduces fire rate, affected by bullet lag
Gnasher: Affected by bullet lag, ignores/reduces active reload damage
Sawed-off Shotgun: Unaffected by bullet lag, increases kill radius

:whistle2:|

Anyone up for playing Prologue in Arcade 4-player co-op? It's the last chapter I need to complete that co-op achievement, and I've had no luck getting it with random matchmaking. I don't really care what difficulty, I would just like to get it done. Or if someone already has a group of 3 together and wouldn't mind adding me, that would be great.

I wish the Arcade matchmaking let you choose the chapter instead of just the Act. Choosing an Act and hoping it's the part you want, is really annoying. Especially when 99% of the time you end up in a chapter you don't want.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind returning the favour and sticking around to play another couple chapters if anyone needs them.

Stopped my boosting session... after about 6 hours..

Warzone + 135 games
Play as female + 135 games
Last man standing + 67
Win match + 53
Veteran + 135

Unlocked team insignia lancer, and classic marcus.

I'm back, JitB wasn't as good as it was a few years ago but I got my liquid metal skin(s) and I think the assassin's creed revolution outfits are for your avatar...they give you 2 codes so I'm assuming one is a male and another a female avatar outfit code.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Stopped my boosting session... after about 6 hours..

Warzone + 135 games
Play as female + 135 games
Last man standing + 67
Win match + 53
Veteran + 135

Unlocked team insignia lancer, and classic marcus.[/QUOTE]

You're not going for the "Cover" Medal?

So who all is getting the DLC right away? We should plan to meet up and knock out the achievements for hosting Horde, hosting Beast, and beating a boss wave as Onyx Guard. The first person in the group can host wave 10 with everyone as Onyx Guard, then everyone takes a turn hosting wave 1 of Horde and Beast (I'm assuming you only need to complete one wave for the hosting achievements).

[quote name='KingBroly']You're not going for the "Cover" Medal?[/QUOTE]

I dont have a rapid fire controller. I usually end up winning that award anyway whenever i play lol.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So who all is getting the DLC right away? We should plan to meet up and knock out the achievements for hosting Horde, hosting Beast, and beating a boss wave as Onyx Guard. The first person in the group can host wave 10 with everyone as Onyx Guard, then everyone takes a turn hosting wave 1 of Horde and Beast (I'm assuming you only need to complete one wave for the hosting achievements).[/QUOTE]

Im in, and id love to knock out those private achievements right away.

Ever since I found out about this boosting private matches and medals I've been letting the game run the last 24 hours lol, I let it run while I slept last night, watching football last night, and currently running while I'm at work right now. I put my fan on it cuz I was getting quite hot this morning.

Got my KOTH bronze out of the way last night, currently the bots are fighting execution while I'm at work.

Since I bought the Season Pass I'll be getting the DLC as well and I'm enjoying horde more and more so I'd be down.

Gah, idk if the season pass will be worth it or not. I've looked at the first DLC that will be coming out next month, and IDK if I could justify spending $10 on that. It's kind of like they are charging $90 for the whole game. :( Sucks for the people who bought the epic edition and still have to spend another thirty bucks.

That said, since everyone here seems to be getting it, I guess I'll go ahead and get the season pass. fuck me, this is just what Epic wants. haha, fail.

bread's done
Back