General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='guinaevere']Can I ask a silly question? As we're all fairly close, did y'all (not just Gray, Cisco and myself, but any of us A-Towners doing the CC trading) want to meet somewhere say, next Sunday night (most retailers should have off on Sunday nights, right?) to do a big ole face to face trade? If no one is interested, that's fine, but it'd be a lot easier to get done all at once, and it would be fun to meet everyone and put faces to names. =)[/QUOTE]

I'm up for it. If you're amenable, we could meet at the Brick Store and share a round. Or someone could suggest an alternate locale.

Next Sunday would be a good time to do it because that will be after the official CC sale has begun and we can use the week to look out for more stuff for each other (stuff that CC might have pulled off the shelves right now in anticipation of this sale).

Oh another quick question. Does anyone that works at any ATL area Circuit City know when they're restocking Brain Age? I had a coupon for it, but the store was out of stock so they credited it on the reciept for me to pick up when it's back in stock, but I haven't had any luck so far.

[quote name='Risky']I'm looking for Advance Wars DS new or used if anyone has it in the ATL area.[/QUOTE]
Have you used the ebgames.com stock checker? That's how I've found a couple of used titles near me.

The John's Creek EB had another copy of AW when I was there about 3 weeks ago. You might call them.

[quote name='Risky']Oh another quick question. Does anyone that works at any ATL area Circuit City know when they're restocking Brain Age? I had a coupon for it, but the store was out of stock so they credited it on the reciept for me to pick up when it's back in stock, but I haven't had any luck so far.[/QUOTE]

I thought for sure I saw some at the TC CC on Saturday.

[quote name='kjauburn']Good luck finding Nightmare of Druga nowadays. For a long time it was getting $19-24 trade in at BB/GR and the copies all ended up there. I mean the game was selling for $6 last october during the green tag at TRU and people traded millions of copies in for $24 credit. Then when it hit the CC list it was still getting $19 trade in credit. It still gets $12 today at GR/BB.[/quote]

Damn. There was a copy at the Woodstock GS last time my friend and I were there, but it was full price.

Just wanted to remind everyone to check their local Gamerush stores, as indicated on the main CAG page. I stopped by the one in Snellville and while they didn't have a whole lot, I was able to score a brand-new, sealed copy of SSX On-Tour for the XBOX for $5. There might be more at other ones, so I just wanted to send a reminder.

Post your finds here and anything you might see of worth for everyone else!!

Later,
Matt

I hit the only GR I know of near my normal commute-- Alpharetta/Duluth/Idunnowhere on State Bridge Road. Got a pretty good haul.

Castlevania oldies GBA
Psi-Ops PS2
Freedom Fighters PS2
MK Deception PS2
Project Snowblind PS2
XIII PS2
1080 Avalanche GC

A couple of those were $5. Most were in the $2-4 range.

Also, for a friend, I picked up:
Texas Hold-em DS for $5
Tiger Woods DS for 7.50

They had a copy of WarioWare Twisted GBA, but I abstained. $10 is a good price, but I was spoiled by

I just got replenished today and have in stock Project: Snowblind-PS2 for $3.96 and Guilty Gear-DS for $8.96. If any of you are interested PM me and I should be able to hold them for you.

[quote name='neocisco']I just got replenished today and have in stock Project: Snowblind-PS2 for $3.96 and Guilty Gear-DS for $8.96. If any of you are interested PM me and I should be able to hold them for you.[/QUOTE]

Nothing for me, but I just wanted to thank you for always posting on here and being the "eyes and ears" for CC for your fellow Atlanta CAG's!!

Appreciate it!!

[quote name='neocisco']I just got replenished today and have in stock Project: Snowblind-PS2 for $3.96 and Guilty Gear-DS for $8.96. If any of you are interested PM me and I should be able to hold them for you.[/QUOTE]

Neo: Is it likely that a lot of CC's around here will get replenished with titles from the clearance list in advance of (or after) the official July 2 start date?

I'd say it's possible but not likely. I think the reason I got GG back in is because the game is so new and, honestly, probably wasn't supposed to be part of the clearance sale. It can't hurt to check though. If I get any more clearance titles restocked I'll post them here.

As far as Project: Snowblind goes, I got that and Total Overdose-PS2 in stock this week, both for $3.96. Who knows where they came from, maybe sitting under a shelf in some warehouse.

Just FYI: I've got an extra Trace Memory DS from the CC sale - let me know if anyone wants it! I'll sell for cost or trade to another local yokel.

[quote name='organicow']Still no damn Drill Dozer (I still want that one!!), but I scored otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I saw that at the Kennesaw CC earlier this week, but both my brother and I abstained. Great ratings, but it just didn't interest either of us.

[quote name='El Gray']Oh no. Thank you for picking that up, Guinevere! I should have sent you a PM or something over the weekend...[/QUOTE]
You found one? I totally missed that. Whoopsie.
blush.gif

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Just wanted to remind everyone to check their local Gamerush stores, as indicated on the main CAG page. [/QUOTE]
Good call, Matt.

I traded in a few games (I hardly ever trade in, I'm more of a keeper. Only games I truly don't enjoy at all leave my collection) and got about $45 or so in credit. My bro Jaeli finally signed up for a BlockBuster account and traded in most of his Onsies and Twosies (games that bring in about $1 or $2 in credit at EB) that had been piling up and wound up with near to $80 in credit. Considering he traded in under 10 such cheapie games, he made out like a bandit.

There wasn't much at the BB/GR on Ridge Road (Hiram) nor the one on Dallas Highway near Mars Hill Road (I think that's the intersection... it's in a Publix shopping center... and there's a bank with an old style gasoline pump outside). However, the one at the main Hiram intersection (278 & 92) was gold.

We went in, and the table where they usually have sale/clearance game titles was empty. I asked the fella where I would find the clearance games, and he pointed to the main counter. They were still repricing all the markdown games, and there were lovely tall stacks sorted by price.

I usually don't care much for this GR and try to avoid it; the AC is usually broken, or there's an awkwardness about some of the employees, but Tuesday there were two gamers working with great personalities (one recognized me from Christmas season when I get roped into helping at the EB at Arbor Place as a sort of Mom-Friendly Answer-Girl) and the four of us had a swell time talking games and rifling through the stacks.
wooper.gif

I finally got Pikmin 2 for a reasonable price (actually, got two. One is for big bro for Christmas). All total, we picked up about six or seven games, though I can't remember titles now. (The past two weeks game-wise has become a sort of blur.
blush.gif

[quote name='Full Metal XL']That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Unfortunately, I'm housebound except for trips to Grady so I couldn't make it if it happens before say September or October.[/quote]
If we do it, and it goes well, I'm sure it'll happen again. =)

Anyways, does anyone have Sid Meiers Pirates, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Gun and Gauntlet Seven Sorrows (Trying to get all Xbox if possible)?
I'm heading to Rome tomorrow and will check their CC for ya.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm up for it. If you're amenable, we could meet at the Brick Store and share a round. Or someone could suggest an alternate locale.

Next Sunday would be a good time to do it because that will be after the official CC sale has begun and we can use the week to look out for more stuff for each other (stuff that CC might have pulled off the shelves right now in anticipation of this sale).[/QUOTE]
Cool. So that's one (besides myself) who can do it. I don't know where (or what) Brick Store is, but I'm up for something new so long as it isn't a dangerous area. I was thinking Dave & Busters near the Air Base (Marietta area) although they might be too expensive for true cheap @$$ gamers.

Anyone else think they'd be interested in doing this Sunday July 8? (Tybee, if you meant the 2nd, please correct me.)

After reviewing the GameRush thread with the listed sale games, I've got a few games I'm on the lookout for. If anyone sees these, would you puh-leeze tell me where?

GBA
Fire Emblem (not Sacred Stones, but the first US FE title)

Cube
DK Jungle Beat with drums $13.75
DK Konga with drums $11.25
DK Konga 2 with drums $11.25

Xbox
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $3.75 (I've seen this on the PS2 in a few stores, but it's always $15. I guess only the xbox version is on clearance.)

PS2
Ys Ark of Nepitism
wooper.gif
$10

PSP
1 gig Pro Duo card $20 (dang, is it really $20?!?!)

Post your lists. We have hunting to do.

None of those games at that State Bridge GR last night, though I can't comment on the Xbx Midway title for sure, as I didn't memorize what Xbox titles they had.

I saw the Justice League controllers for PS2 and GC at another BB tonight, but nothing else. Well, some Xbox Live subs. Are those a good buy?

[quote name='guinaevere']
Xbox
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $3.75 (I've seen this on the PS2 in a few stores, but it's always $15. I guess only the xbox version is on clearance.)

[/QUOTE]

Dang, I traded that in to GS not too long ago.

If anyone sees these at BB/GR, and does not want them, please alert me, or pick them up for me.

Boktai - GBA
Mario Golf - GBA
MGS: Twin Snakes - GC
Metroid Prime 2 - GC

Thanks.

"I'm heading to Rome tomorrow and will check their CC for ya. "

Truly, Guinaevere, you are a saint...:D

Although all I need now is Hulk Ultimate Destruction, Guantlet Seven Sorrows and Sid Meier's Pirates now, as a kind family member just brought me Gun. Awwwwww...;)

As for the gathering, according to my physical therapist, I should be good to go by around late August - early September at the rate I'm progressing (fingers crossed), so hopefully this ATL CAG gathering will take place again.

And BTW...Thanks to all you nifty folks that find these deals and share them with us other not as lucky souls. Good looking out, people. :applause:

I found one other GR within reasonable distance from work (in Alpharetta, on Crabapple), and hit it up tonight. A decent selection, but nothing much I was looking for. They did have some Eyetoys with Play 1 for $10, if anyone wants that. Also, a couple of copies of Polarium for 7.50.

Anyway, my lone purchase was Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 - $5.

As usual, if anyone is looking for something specific that hasn't been mentioned here, ask, and I'll tell you if I saw it.

[quote name='El Gray']I found one other GR within reasonable distance from work (in Alpharetta, on Crabapple), and hit it up tonight. A decent selection, but nothing much I was looking for. They did have some Eyetoys with Play 1 for $10, if anyone wants that. Also, a couple of copies of Polarium for 7.50.

Anyway, my lone purchase was Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 - $5.

As usual, if anyone is looking for something specific that hasn't been mentioned here, ask, and I'll tell you if I saw it.[/quote]

Hmmm...Don't suppose you happened to see Beyond Good & Evil for the Xbox at that price? :D

I have a Mario Golf-GBA and Guilty Gear-DS, both for $8.96, still at my store. If any of you are interested in picking them up let me know and I'll put them on hold for you. If there's anything else you're looking for PM me and I'll check for you. Sorry, no more Drill Dozer.

Has anyone found a copy of Psychonauts for the Xbox at a GR relatively close to Marietta? Went to three of them today, and while I found the other games I was looking for in the big 75% off sale, I was unable to find a copy of Psychonauts. Any one have better luck?

Thanks,
-Brian

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone found a copy of Psychonauts for the Xbox at a GR relatively close to Marietta? Went to three of them today, and while I found the other games I was looking for in the big 75% off sale, I was unable to find a copy of Psychonauts. Any one have better luck?

Thanks,
-Brian[/quote]

I found the PS2 version at the Town Park store 575 Exit 8. I saw the xbox display box out for Psychonauts there as well. If you are looking for Psychonauts or Y's always ask at the counter, because they are probably locked in the cabinets still.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmmm...Don't suppose you happened to see Beyond Good & Evil for the Xbox at that price? :D[/QUOTE]
Nosir, nor GC version.

Made the run to about three CCs today in hopes of scoring on the $8.96 sale. While I found the Xbox versions of Gun and Castlevania CoD (the most important one I was looking for), there were about ten other games I'm still looking for. Has anyone seen these $8.96 games at CC lately?

XB: MK - Shaolin Monks, Sims 2

GBA: Mario VS Donkey Kong, Kim Possible 3 (stop laughing), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

DS: Trace Memory, Spyro - Shadow of Legacy, Guilty Gear Dust Striker

PS2: Haunting Ground

Thanks,
-Brian

[quote name='grundy']Made the run to about three CCs today in hopes of scoring on the $8.96 sale. While I found the Xbox versions of Gun and Castlevania CoD (the most important one I was looking for), there were about ten other games I'm still looking for. Has anyone seen these $8.96 games at CC lately?[/quote]
Oy, mate...Out of curiosity, which three did you hit and did you happen to see.....For Xbox: Gauntlet Seven Sorrows.....Area 51.....Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.....Ultimate Spiderman.....Hulk Ultimate Destruction........Sid Meier's Pirates For PS2: Monster Hunter Any heads up on the games they got at various CCs would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to try and get someone to look for some games for me, and it would be helpful to know where the most games are. Thanks in advance! :)
PS: I dunno why but no matter how many times I try to space this message out, it keeps coming out like this. I tried to make it a little easier. Sorry!!!
UPDATE!!!! - Thanks to my brother, I no longer need a Conflict: Global Terror, but are still interedted in the other games listed. I would've had a Ultimate Spiderman also. but the sodding clerk told him it came up as $29.99. Ah well...

Went to the CCs at Town Center, the new one in Kennesaw/Acworth (has a new Target in the same shopping center), and the one at North Point.

The new Kenn/Acworth store had the best layout for the $8.96 games and I think that's where I saw a bunch of Incredible Hulk Ult Destruction, and I'm pretty sure they had some Conflict - Global Terror

-Brian

[quote name='grundy']GBA: Mario VS Donkey Kong, Kim Possible 3 (stop laughing), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

DS: Trace Memory, Spyro - Shadow of Legacy, Guilty Gear Dust Striker[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen those GBA titles at ANY of the stores I've hit, though I wasn't really keeping an eye out for that Kim Possible.

Those 3 DS titles were pretty easy to find for a while, and I've still seen Guity Gear fairly consistently, but maybe not in the last week. See my previous post no the Morrow store, maybe. :)

[quote name='neocisco']I have a Mario Golf-GBA and Guilty Gear-DS, both for $8.96, still at my store. If any of you are interested in picking them up let me know and I'll put them on hold for you. If there's anything else you're looking for PM me and I'll check for you. Sorry, no more Drill Dozer.[/QUOTE]
So, this store is up in Kennesaw, or something? Sorry... I have missed out on some previous details.

I too went to the CC in town center and acworth. Neither had Wild Arms 4 or Castlevania for PS2, though the acworth one used to have a ton of copies of each before the sale started.

[quote name='El Gray']So, this store is up in Kennesaw, or something? Sorry... I have missed out on some previous details.[/quote]

Yup.

If some of you are still looking for these games I have copies on hold for you. Just PM me and tell me if you want them.

grundy--Guilt Gear-DS

Full Metal XL--Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows-Xobx

Gator--Beyond Good & Evil-PS2 $13.99

I'll be back in on Wednesday.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Truly, Guinaevere, you are a saint...:D[/quote]
Naw, just helping out my pals. =)

Unfortunately, they had zilch.

I may try Camp Creek this evening. If I do, I'll bring the list again. Minus Gun and Gauntlet.

Risky, I haven't seen any Advance Wars.

Grundy, I've seen Haunting Ground at Douglasville and at Cisco's Kennesaw store. Of course, this was early last week, so there's no telling if they're still around. If I see it, I'll pick it up for ya.

Gator I grabbed a copy of Beyond, Good, & Evil today for the PS2 at the GR near me. Let me know if you want it $7 shipped. I will just throw it on the tradelist if your not interested.

guinaevere, thanks a lot, I definitely appreciate the help. :bouncy:Thanks to my bro and sis, all I need is Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Sid Meier's Pirates. If you could find those two, I'd be set. Heh, I'm blowing through my Xbox 360 fund, but this is too good to pass up! :bouncy:

[quote name='kjauburn']Gator I grabbed a copy of Beyond, Good, & Evil today for the PS2 at the GR near me. Let me know if you want it $7 shipped. I will just throw it on the tradelist if your not interested.[/QUOTE]
I did not find one yesteday, so take him up on this. :)

I didn't realize it until this past weekend, but somehow I ended up with 3 extra new sealed copies of Blinx and 1 new copy of Blinx 2. If anyone is interested in one I will sell Blinx $4, Blinx 2 $8, and both for $10. The prices are what I paid plus $2 shipping. Going to use them as trade in fodder in the near future if no one claims them...

I hit a few Kmart's the last few months and for the most part the atlanta kmarts suck. I didn't really see any old psone stuff even though the Kmart shoppers in the midwest have found everything from FFVII to PSOne LCD's clearance for cheap. We really don't have many in the ATL area and I believe they are slated to become Sears Essentials in the near future after they were taken over.

The best one I went into was the Canton Kmart which at the time had about 9 wavebird/mario party 4 bundles. When the last drop happen someone wiped them out at $7. I grabbed two the week prior for $17, but was able to return/buy again to get the $10 difference back on each.

The one about 3 miles north of cumberland had a bunch of GBA games like FZero, Golden Nugget, and Wing Commander left. They could still be there for $1-2 a piece, but since they are no longer in the system it all depends on what the employee decides to try and charge you for them. Once a game goes final markdown they say check shelf tag and its YMMV on the price depending on the employee.

The one at Roswell Road/Johnson Ferry Rd is a waste of time. I hit it when the clearance first started months ago. The employees there pretty much buy all the markdown games.

[quote name='kjauburn']I didn't realize it until this past weekend, but somehow I ended up with 3 extra new sealed copies of Blinx and 1 new copy of Blinx 2. If anyone is interested in one I will sell Blinx $4, Blinx 2 $8, and both for $10. The prices are what I paid plus $2 shipping. Going to use them as trade in fodder in the near future if no one claims them...[/QUOTE]

PM sent!

Neocisco - no longer need that Guilty Gear DS. Actually found one at the Perimeter CC, but I'm still looking for the other games.

May venture to the Douglasville store on Friday

Thanks,
-Brian

I went to the BigKmart in Hiram today. They had a few clearance games... most crap. But I did see that they had Taiko Drum Master for only $25. They had two copies so I may end up going back to get one, does anyone else want one?

EDIT: By the way, does anyone have a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 they want to get rid of? :D

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Heh, I'm blowing through my Xbox 360 fund, but this is too good to pass up! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I found absolutely nothing for ya, FMXL. But I'm glad to hear your fam helped out in your hunt, and you wound up with some great games.

As for the 360 fund, when ya find a great sale like this, go for it! And then keep saving when the sales are done. Plus, there'll be a time (I'm guessing around Christmas season 2006) when the 360 hits their first price drop, bringing it closer to being within reach.

[quote name='grundy']May venture to the Douglasville store on Friday
[/QUOTE]
Just an FYI in the event that it may save you a couple bucks in petrol money... Sadly Camp Creek and Douglasville CCs, both of which had awesome selections early before the sale have been wiped clean.

Camp Creek later in the day I hit them by someone who, according to the manager, filled 5 hand baskets with games... The guy was obviously a reseller or scalper, as he picked up every copy of NFS 351 for the PSP (along with multiples of other bigger titles). I had picked on up early one morning, and that evening figured I'd go back the next day to buy one for my big bro for his Birthday or Christmas... I knew right away they'd been cleaned, because there were two gaping holes in the shelves where the NFS PSP game was the day before.

And Douglasville has a bin of remaining games but they're mostly stinkers. Though with the Toys R Us VG clearance starting and the TRU right next door, maybe it would be worth going anyway.

[quote name='TsuyoiMomonga']I went to the BigKmart in Hiram today. They had a few clearance games... most crap. But I did see that they had Taiko Drum Master for only $25. They had two copies so I may end up going back to get one, does anyone else want one?[/QUOTE]
Taiko for $25? This Kmart is only a few minutes from me, but I can't stand going in there. It's always so hot. But Taiko for $25, I may venture in for that.

By ANY chance, did anyone pick up Driver Parallel Lines for Xbox? When CC first dropped the ps2 games, I treated my younger bro to it, and he unwisely unsealed it. He'd prefer it on Xbox. If no, no biggie, he can deal. But if anyone were willing to trade an open (unplayed) Driver PL ps2 for an open Driver PL xbox, please lemme know.

[quote name='guinaevere']
By ANY chance, did anyone pick up Driver Parallel Lines for Xbox? When CC first dropped the ps2 games, I treated my younger bro to it, and he unwisely unsealed it. He'd prefer it on Xbox. If no, no biggie, he can deal. But if anyone were willing to trade an open (unplayed) Driver PL ps2 for an open Driver PL xbox, please lemme know.[/quote]

Well if you find a xbox and want to dump the driver take it to Gamerush by next monday at the latest. Trade prices change on tuesdays and its getting $16 for the PS2 right now. Plus it qualifys for the extra $5 bonus per game if you trade 3 games in, so $21 total...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anything decent at Towne Lake GR? I want to find some more DC games.[/quote]

Did you mean DS games? I was in there a couple of days ago and they had a good selection overall if you look through all the new games. DS games were pretty light though with the usually suspects. There clearance section is getting bare, but like I said you can still find quite a bit in the new game section. They still have MK LE PS2, DOA Ulitmates, Batman Rise of TZU box, etc. behind the counter without any clearance pricing. I plan on stopping in tomorrow when I return my movies and can look for you if you list the ones you are looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back