GGT 108... wait, no. THE OFFICIAL FAST AND THE FURIOUS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Words[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows about the time process. It was never a secret.

I bought GT5 Prologue, it was worth every penny. Everyone was expecting a great game, when most failed to realize that GT5 is a great racing simulator. Just like fighting games, they aren't beginner friendly.

Damnit, PSN needs to come back, need free remote racing money.

[quote name='seanr1221']Party chat is one of the best parts of XBL. My friends from college don't live anywhere near me. We get together, catch up and talk in party chats.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty great.

Also pretty much the only feature Live has that PSN doesn't.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So are any CAG's going to E3 this year?[/QUOTE]

I am :D I actually may have an extra ticket, but I have to wait for my badges to arrive. I'm supposed to go to Comic Con too.

Just got back from the mini mart, got some gas. Paid at the pump and after finishing the little screen said, "See cashier" and since I like my receipt, I went in to get it and guess who was the cashier?

Chick from yesterday. We talked for a while and she invited me to a party Saturday night. I'm not actually going, but it was very nice of her to actually invite me.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Man, the GT5 menus are awful. I enjoyed it (especially the car racing) but the UX was awful.[/QUOTE]

Clustered, but not the worse. Any EA sports game still takes the cake on the worse menu system.

Cheska, you should take me to E3.

Joel, go to the party, drink and make some great mistakes.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Man, the GT5 menus are awful. I enjoyed it (especially the car racing) but the UX was awful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are. Part of the reason I bailed on the game. Didn't feel finished and that VW van race :bomb:

[quote name='Cheska19']I'm supposed to go to Comic Con too.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to go to the NYC Comic Con last year but I wasn't able to due to work. I really wanted to go though since one of my friend's from work is a Comic artist on the side and was going to be there selling his books, so I wanted to say hi. I plan on trying to go this year though (the location is really convenient for me, haha).

Also, tonight while I was getting my hair done, I was flipping through an Esquire magazine, and ended up on an article about men's health, the funny thing was that of the people they surveyed a majority said they made less than $25,000 a year... and yet on other pages in the magazine outside of that article you could find pictures and prices of $2000 jackets and $12000 watches, it just kind of confused me, haha.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Well there is rumor of nintendo unveiling the wii successor.[/QUOTE]

Rumour? It's confirmed.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Just got back from the mini mart, got some gas. Paid at the pump and after finishing the little screen said, "See cashier" and since I like my receipt, I went in to get it and guess who was the cashier?

Chick from yesterday. We talked for a while and she invited me to a party Saturday night. I'm not actually going, but it was very nice of her to actually invite me.[/QUOTE]

Slam it like .

[quote name='icebeast']I wanted to go to the NYC Comic Con last year but I wasn't able to due to work. I really wanted to go though since one of my friend's from work is a Comic artist on the side and was going to be there selling his books, so I wanted to say hi. I plan on trying to go this year though (the location is really convenient for me, haha).

Also, tonight while I was getting my hair done, I was flipping through an Esquire magazine, and ended up on an article about men's health, the funny thing was that of the people they surveyed a majority said they made less than $25,000 a year... and yet on other pages in the magazine outside of that article you could find pictures and prices of $2000 jackets and $12000 watches, it just kind of confused me, haha.[/QUOTE]

A large portion of America makes less than $25,000 a year. Though a $2000 jacket will last you for a long time.

[quote name='j-cart']A large portion of America makes less than $25,000 a year. Though a $2000 jacket will last you for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Well, I mean I guess if you get one suit to just use on special occasions, but most of the ones in that magazine were like business suits that were clearly marketed as being every day work type of wear (at really inflated prices on some of it), but I just thought it was funny that the target audience of the magazine probably couldn't afford a lot of the more expensive things they were advertising (unless of course they got it on credit...).

I like women's magazines a lot better where they will take the look of some famous actress or pop star, and show you how to mimic it for not all that much money (usually like $200-300 for everything, when the original outfit probably cost like 10 times that). Men's magazines just seem to purely advertise and talk about things that most men can't afford (or at least not afford to buy and wear often).

[quote name='whoknows']It is pretty great.

Also pretty much the only feature Live has that PSN doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Did PSN add cross game invites? That was the only other thing I recall it lacking that I actually use on Live. It's nice to be able to play something else while waiting for friends to get online to play some CoD or whatever and just accept the invite and switch over to it.

Anyway, put another hour or so into Outland tonight. Still really digging it. Starting to get to some of the "bullet hell" parts where you have to look for patterns through the dark/light energy shots and time your jumps and spirt power switching just right.

[quote name='j-cart']
Joel, go to the party, drink and make some great mistakes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Joel HIT THAT SHIT

Meat curtains getting pulled for your entrance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Slam it like .[/QUOTE]
Okay, I'm going to the party, not going to hit it though. Man, I'mma tear that party UP, though!

I beat the last arcade modes in MK now, I just have the challenge tower left.

Also, CHECK IT! I'm a games reviewer now!

http://www.1uporpoison.com/

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, I'm going to the party, not going to hit it though. Man, I'mma tear that party UP, though!

I beat the last arcade modes in MK now, I just have the challenge tower left.

Also, CHECK IT! I'm a games reviewer now!

http://www.1uporpoison.com/[/QUOTE]

If you fought Jade or beat expert ladder, I'd be curious to know what strategies you used.

I'm 100/300 on the challenge tower.

Q73jA.png

$200 coats are usually synthetic and mass produced. $2000 coats are usually imported/ made in small quantities and individually inspected. At least that's what my coworker says to justify his coat purchasing habits. To a regular Joe like me, I couldn't tell the difference. But if you're a coat snob, like my coworker, then it might be worth it to you.

I'll spend a couple hundred on a coat with my parents money as I don't earn any money and live at home and am a useless/no life person. Maybe a bit more, but definitely nowhere near $2000... yeesh.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you fought Jade or beat expert ladder, I'd be curious to know what strategies you used.

I'm 100/300 on the challenge tower.[/QUOTE]
I beat expert ladder, but not without continues. :(

Still haven't gotten Jade or Reptile's secret fights, either.

For expert ladder I did tag and used Ermac/Stryker. I'd do Stryker's roll and beat the shit out of whoever I was going against, combo them up, gunfire juggle, combo in Ermac, uppercut (TOASTY!), and hopefully by this point have enough for Ermac's x-ray. I finished with 2 continues, I got fucked up by a Sindel/Noob team.

What's your best combo so far? I got 16 with Stryker/Ermac.

Trust me on expensive shit. I thought "what's the point?" Then I found some nice stuff (on sale, but never spent 2k on jacket) and now i just ooze cool.

A nice suit goes a long way. Sure it may seem odd to wear one outside of the business realm, but sometime you can just go out with one and just feel awesome. I know fashion me? Every guy needs some "cool sense."

[quote name='j-cart']Trust me on expensive shit. I thought "what's the point?" Then I found some nice stuff (on sale, but never spent 2k on jacket) and now i just ooze cool.

A nice suit goes a long way. Sure it may seem odd to wear one outside of the business realm, but sometime you can just go out with one and just feel awesome. I know fashion me? Every guy needs some "cool sense."[/QUOTE]

troof

The most I've ever spent on suits was around $500 (B1G1F). I bought them as interview suits and and have served me well. Then my coworker tells me he has $2000 coats. :( then again he makes 60k+/yr and likes to indulge in things that make him "ooze" cool.

AHHH shit it is Ice Beast's bday. West coast for me (still thursday), so still happy bday!

Nice mini review Joel. It would a great review for a lot of gamers. But as a fan of fighting games, MK just doesn't do it for me.

[quote name='j-cart']AHHH shit it is Ice Beast's bday. West coast for me (still thursday), so still happy bday![/QUOTE]

My birthday is Friday so you still had plenty of time, haha. (In fact it isn't my birthday yet where you are).

[quote name='ihadFG']Happy Birthday icebeast!

cute_cat_jpg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That cat is awesome.

Edit: Love Daft Punk Chac.

Thanks, guys!

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Happy birthday icebeast! Wear your $2000 birthday suit to ooze out cool ... or something else.[/QUOTE]

My birthday suit is worth $2000? Not sure if I'm being over or under valued... Thanks (I think)!

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Happy birthday icebeast! Wear your $2000 birthday suit to ooze out cool ... or something else.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, you beat me to it!

Happy b-day, beasty!

[quote name='j-cart']Nice mini review Joel. It would a great review for a lot of gamers. But as a fan of fighting games, MK just doesn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks :D I'm a fan of fighting games, too, mang. Just not really SSFIV, or those types of fighting games. I'm much better at Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, DBZ, and MvC3.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ICEBEEZY! I hope your day is thugnificent! :cool:

I just watch that whole thing. FILTHY.

/edit: HOLY SHIT. Portal 2 PC version is going to be $29.99 this weekend at Gamestop.

Happy birthday icebeastie.

I just rec'd the MK Tourney edition. Memory foam on the bottom of the arcade stick...genius!

Are we comparing 2000 dollar coats? If so, i'll have to take pics of my cheap closet of coats to do the comparisons to not mix them with the 5-10,000 dollar coat closet. And i am in poverty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back