GGT #17 is going to be the very best!

so... anyone ever buy a used DS game from gamefly?

I've been meaning to by rhythm heaven since release but havent gotten aroudn to it and noticed they have it for damn cheap ($18 - $5 - %5). Anyone know if they DS carts are in good condition or ripped, etc.

I say this because after renting UMDs from them and seeing they arent original UMD casing I'm scared maybe the DS cart sticker is ripped or something...

I'm sure it's safe, just checking.

plus anyone know of a place i can buy a new Madworld under $10? I think i saw one but forgot where.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Its all about them colossi.[/QUOTE]
I am unimpressed by Colossi. Useless? No, certainly not. But most any Terran is guaranteed to have a starport for Medivacs anyway, so there's probably not a big window between the Colossus being a dominant, Marine-killing motherfucker and getting dropped by Vikings in a couple seconds.

/theorycraft

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Mucho Danke.

now can anyone answer my DS Gamefly question?[/QUOTE]

I bought Izuna 1 from them awhile ago. It came minty fresh. The cartridge was fine, not dirty or torn.

[quote name='Halo05']I bought Izuna 1 from them awhile ago. It came minty fresh. The cartridge was fine, not dirty or torn.[/QUOTE]

K. I'll order from them in a bit. Just trying to order some games I need for my permanent collection... and yes, I have a permanent and temporary collection.

It'll make you mad once you realize how long it is...

honestly I stopped playing it once I got over a large chunk of the game. Not saying its bad, just it didnt stop when I wanted it to lol

I just did a little search and appearantly it's around 25-30 hours long? If that's truly the case, I may have to put this game to the side until I finish a couple more games.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so... anyone ever buy a used DS game from gamefly?

I've been meaning to by rhythm heaven since release but havent gotten aroudn to it and noticed they have it for damn cheap ($18 - $5 - %5). Anyone know if they DS carts are in good condition or ripped, etc.

I say this because after renting UMDs from them and seeing they arent original UMD casing I'm scared maybe the DS cart sticker is ripped or something...

I'm sure it's safe, just checking.

plus anyone know of a place i can buy a new Madworld under $10? I think i saw one but forgot where.[/QUOTE]
I've only gotten a few PSP games from them, but only one had one with a replacement case, presumably from the asshole that sent it in the sleeve instead of the DS game I asked for. I tried to let their CS know to be nice, but their response was generic and incoherent.

Im less than 5 hours in on Okami, and around 30 something hours on FFXIII, so I'd rather invest that 20 hours on at least finishing the main story on FF.

I am having a good time with Okami though...even my boyfriend played a little of it during some of the painting sequences.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've only gotten a few PSP games from them, but only one had one with a replacement case, presumably from the asshole that sent it in the sleeve instead of the DS game I asked for. I tried to let their CS know to be nice, but their response was generic and incoherent.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... If I order a PSP game from them I'll probably just rent it off their Q and then if its in good condition I'll choose to keep it.

on that note anyone know where I can get Space Invaders Extreme (PSP) around or under $10 new?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Hmm... If I order a PSP game from them I'll probably just rent it off their Q and then if its in good condition I'll choose to keep it.

on that note anyone know where I can get Space Invaders Extreme (PSP) around or under $10 new?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's probably the best route if you want a sure way to ensure the quality of the game you want. It's even a good way to buy a game that's not currently sold in the store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, that's probably the best route if you want a sure way to ensure the quality of the game you want. It's even a good way to buy a game that's not currently sold in the store.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's what I've been doing on there for a bit...

[quote name='The Crotch']I am unimpressed by Colossi. Useless? No, certainly not. But most any Terran is guaranteed to have a starport for Medivacs anyway, so there's probably not a big window between the Colossus being a dominant, Marine-killing motherfucker and getting dropped by Vikings in a couple seconds.

/theorycraft[/QUOTE]

Yeah I still haven't really figured out what is good for protoss AA. The corsair replacements (phoenixes?) kinda suck. Stalker's are alright, but I'm not a big fan of those either.

Are you in the US beta? If so what is your account name?

Taking a short break from FFXIII to try and platinum the Sonic Genesis Collection. Having alot of fun with it so far, brings back alot of memories. The presentation on these games is amazing and really helps them with the whole "aging well" thing. I played through the Golden Axe series last night and it is neat to see how gaming technology progressed with each entry. Too bad it looks like the newest sequel to Golden Axe bombed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okami is definitely too long. Definitely my favorite game I've never beaten. I love everything about it, but playing it. Got about 30 hours in and apparently I still have a bunch to do. It's actually really well paced and everything--you constantly get new weapons and stuff, new dungeons to explore, etc.

Check this out:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LZuP1vg7h4[/media]

[quote name='near']My launch PS3 just got the YLOD. I'm now offically a believer of the Sony Timer.[/QUOTE]

Everybody's PS3s are dying lately wtf :lol:

[quote name='BlueScrote']Yeah I still haven't really figured out what is good for protoss AA. The corsair replacements (phoenixes?) kinda suck. Stalker's are alright, but I'm not a big fan of those either.

Are you in the US beta? If so what is your account name?[/QUOTE]
No beta key. All theorycrafting.

From what I've seen, there really is no big Protoss AA. Stalkers got a slight damage boost against unarmoured air, so they're a bit stronger against Mutas, but they're technically worse now against armoured air. Storm, obviously, will do some damage, but High Templar alone are not an anti-air solution. Sentries can hit air, which is a very nice little bonus, so they shouldn't be discounted entirely. And, uh, Archons can work as AA, but... fuck Archons.

Yea stalkers or carriers (w/ mothership) are the only decent AA... the Protoss "AA" ships are terrible. Void rays are amazing for early base rushes... I love them.

What the fuck you nerds talkin bout

PC? You playin games on your computer girlyboy? Aint no halos on the PC!

Get outta here! Im busy watchin Nancy Grace and not washin my wifbeaters. Also beating my wife. Git r done

[quote name='The Crotch']No beta key. All theorycrafting.

From what I've seen, there really is no big Protoss AA. Stalkers got a slight damage boost against unarmoured air, so they're a bit stronger against Mutas, but they're technically worse now against armoured air. Storm, obviously, will do some damage, but High Templar alone are not an anti-air solution. Sentries can hit air, which is a very nice little bonus, so they shouldn't be discounted entirely. And, uh, Archons can work as AA, but... fuck Archons.[/QUOTE]

Archons are the shiznite. Do the Protoss still roll with the gigantic blimps of doom and apocolypses? I used to wall myself in with the cannons for defense until I had enough upgrades/resources to build Archons and Doomblimps. Then the slaughter would begin. :lol:

Canceled my cable internet and signed up for FIOS since it's available at the new place.
Almost went with the 25up/25 down plan... but.... I don't know.
15 down/5 up for now.

At least my online backups won't take forever when I was limited to 0.5 up.

[quote name='dallow']Canceled my cable internet and signed up for FIOS since it's available at the new place.
15 down/5 up for now.

At least my online backups won't take forever when I was limited to 0.5 up.[/QUOTE]

I hate you. :)

[quote name='dallow']Canceled my cable internet and signed up for FIOS since it's available at the new place.
15 down/5 up for now.

At least my online backups won't take forever when I was limited to 0.5 up.[/QUOTE]

jesus, can't imagine what you'd need 25 up for, unless you're like a super crazy seeder.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Given the warm reception it had on PC, there might as well be no Haloz. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Obviously PC audiences can realize that Halo sucks.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Archons are the shiznite. Do the Protoss still roll with the gigantic blimps of doom and apocolypses? I used to wall myself in with the cannons for defense until I had enough upgrades/resources to build Archons and Doomblimps. Then the slaughter would begin. :lol:[/QUOTE]
The new Archons are... lacking. Their damage is a bit less, and their splash seems to be considerably smaller. And with the basic Protoss air unit seeming so useless (so far; perhaps people just haven't figured out how to use Phoenixes correctly), teching to Carriers is not particularly common. Massed gateway units - generally Zealots, Stalkers, and Sentries - with robots to do some heavy hitting seems to be the popular way to go.

[quote name='ninja dog']jesus, can't imagine what you'd need 25 up for, unless you're like a super crazy seeder.[/QUOTE]
Well, I had to leave my old laptop on 2 weeks straight to finish some of my online backup to Mozy.

I guess with 5 up now, it'd be 10 times as fast.
25 up.... 50 times..... :drool:

I think I'll be good with 5.

[quote name='ninja dog']jesus, can't imagine what you'd need 25 up for, unless you're like a super crazy seeder.[/QUOTE]

Comparing seeding ratios is the new epenis gauge.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Obviously PC audiences can realize that Halo sucks.[/QUOTE]

Amen, that's what MS found out. :)

[quote name='The Crotch']The new Archons are... lacking.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even seen archons get used yet. DTs and HTs havent come out too often in my level of play (read: low). Protoss is relies a lot on immortals/collossi for heavy hitting now. The new dragoons (stalkers) have decent pathing now too.

I was invited to go next Tuesday to an all nude cabaret near work for a co-workers birthday for lunch.
Kind of weird, but it's 3 guys and 3 women that would be going.
Just have never gone as a socializing kind of thing, especially during working hours, haha.

bread's done
Back