GGT 179: featuring a link to the extended Ches-ka/Mo Chocolate sex scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking love it when I download a mod and find out that the installer is in German.

"Abbrechen" means "Cancel", by the way.

EDIT: So naturally, some of the textures don't work.

You've fucked me for the last time, Germany!

Last edited by a moderator:
The intro for New Game+ in Fez is hilarious.

You get sunglasses from the sky exactly like this:

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Jesus tittyfucks.

Alright, The Witcher, you win. You are fucking terrible.

Anyone have any recommended reading/a good LP before I go on to The Witcher 2?

[quote name='distgfx']Been playing Deadly Premonition; I have been pleasantly surprised so far, the game is quite good.[/QUOTE]

Ya that game seemed really interesting, although it had some silly stuff in it too, haha, but that kind of makes it more fun. I really should get back to that game and play through it some more, we'll see I really need to see if I can finish up ME3 and Tales of the Abyss before I start anything or go back to something though (ME3 especially, might make that my goal this weekend).

Ooo. House of Dead4 $6.99 for PSN+. I'm in.

I'll download the Multiplayer Beta for Future Soldier, but I dunno about this one. Seems like a big departure from Ghost Recon 2...

[quote name='j-cart']Skip witcher 1 and just play witcher 2. Shit is awesome yo!

Also I am back from my amazing weekend. Who would have thought I would get a chance to see Tupac come back from the dead and rock it out. I urge everyone, at one point in your life, go to a music festival. It is worth the experience.[/QUOTE]
That 2Pac bit was pretty awesome, and snoop goin' up there was fken sweet!

I was pretty far in Witcher 1, runnin through like a boss, banging all the ladies...then my laptop crashed, I lost all my saves, and I gave up. Cloud saves look better every day...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']That 2Pac bit was pretty awesome, and snoop goin' up there was fken sweet!

I was pretty far in Witcher 1, runnin through like a boss, banging all the ladies...then my laptop crashed, I lost all my saves, and I gave up. Cloud saves look better every day...[/QUOTE]

I really wish all PC games saved in a central spot. Windows 7 has a Saved Games folder but fuck if anything actually uses it.

[quote name='icebeast']I still don't understand this Tekken Tag 2 hype. I feel like I'd feel the same way if someone started gushing over all the new features in the next Madden game, haha, I get that they're excited, but it doesn't suddenly make me interested.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about it.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.
50 characters.
One of the best fighting systems of all time, IMO. It's 3D done right.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']That 2Pac bit was pretty awesome, and snoop goin' up there was fken sweet! [/QUOTE]

Daaayum, dat shizzle was off da hook yo!

Unreal!

Wish I had been there in person...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about it.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.
50 characters.
One of the best fighting systems of all time, IMO. It's 3D done right.[/QUOTE]

I always thought Tekken was considered kind of a joke in the FGC. Apparently I stand corrected.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about it.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.
50 characters.
One of the best fighting systems of all time, IMO. It's 3D done right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about Madden.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.
All your favorite pro teams.
One of the best football simulations of all time, IMO. It's football done right.

Everyone is picking up Madden NFL 13 right? August 28th, 2012, GET HYPE!

[quote name='BlueScrote']I always thought Tekken was considered kind of a joke in the FGC.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

DOA and Smash are the joke games.

[quote name='icebeast']Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about Madden.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.
One of the best football simulations of all time, IMO. It's football done right.

Everyone is picking up Madden NFL 13 right? August 28th, 2012, GET HYPE![/QUOTE]

You do realize I'm going to torture you relentlessly when you bring up a game you're hype about in the future, right?

[quote name='distgfx']You do realize I'm going to torture you relentlessly when you bring up a game you're hype about in the future, right?[/QUOTE]

That happens with like 90% of the games I play already. Unless you've discovered a sudden love for ME3, or Tales of games, or LOL (just to name the recent games I've been playing that you don't care about). And I'm sure you'll have nothing good to say about Diablo 3.

[quote name='icebeast']That happens with like 90% of the games I play already. Unless you've discovered a sudden love for ME3, or Tales of games, or LOL (just to name the recent games I've been playing that you don't care about). And I'm sure you'll have nothing good to say about Diablo 3.[/QUOTE]

I don't kill your hype, I dump on it after it's out.

[quote name='icebeast']Yeah, there's nothing hype at all about Madden.
Good netcode.
Lots of modes.

Everyone is picking up Madden NFL 13 right? August 28th, 2012, GET HYPE![/QUOTE]

Y'know who likes Madden? People who love sports games.
Y'know who likes Tekken? People who love fighting games.

Besides, this is the first new tekken in 3 years. Not like us fighters get the yearly roster update. :roll:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Y'know who likes Madden? People who love sports games.
Y'know who likes Tekken? People who love fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Do I fit in those categories?

[quote name='icebeast']Do I fit in those categories?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you don't.
But you bought Blazblue CS, Arcana Hearts 3, MvC3, UMvC3, 3SO, SC5, Skullgirls, SFxT, at least in my immediate recollection -- that's a fair number of fighters for someone who doesn't like the genre.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe you don't.
But you bought Blazblue CS, Arcana Hearts 3, MvC3, UMvC3, 3SO, SC5, Skullgirls, SFxT, at least in my immediate recollection -- that's a fair number of fighters for someone who doesn't like the genre.[/QUOTE]

Play =/= Love

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So why are you wasting your time with them. Go play something you love. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

I own them for the same reason that I own StarCraft 2 (even though I hate RTS games), so that I can play with friends who like them. Since I haven't been able to play fighting games with anyone lately I've been doing exactly what you suggest, last time I played a fighting game was Skullgirls to just screw around, other than that I haven't played one in probably 3+ weeks.

[quote name='distgfx']:whistle2:s

DOA and Smash are the joke games.[/QUOTE]

I still dont get the smash hate. Sure it's not srs bsns like other fighters, but that shouldn't automatically disqualify it from competitive play

[quote name='BlueScrote']I still dont get the smash hate. Sure it's not srs bsns like other fighters, but that shouldn't automatically disqualify it from competitive play[/QUOTE]

Doesn't smash require certain settings (no items) and certain stages to really be considered competitive?

I think my take has always been that if you're going to go through so much trouble to make the game "competitive", just play a game that is competitive right out of the box.

[quote name='icebeast']The opening part of that video was taken from here[/QUOTE]

GLITCH MOB!

I'm trying to figure out something to do for my bday. I might be going to this for the MOB!

lib_lineup32812.jpg

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's Brawl that's considered a joke, not Melee. And for good reason.[/QUOTE]

I figured that much was obvious. Brawl was quite a let down.

Smash always just felt like a button masher to me. It could be fun with others, and while you can make any game competitive if you really want to, I never saw it as a "serious" fighter.

Smash was always the go to game for when I would hang out with friends. I really don't understand why some people would want to play it "seriously" with no items and final destination every time.

[quote name='ihadFG']Smash was always the go to game for when I would hang out with friends. I really don't understand why some people would want to play it "seriously" with no items and final destination every time.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the simple execution and seeming lack of a 'combo' system to me.
Nintendo simplified the controls to make it accessible or something, so it never felt right compared to other fighters for me. The draw seemed to be the nostalgia for your favorite character and using him or her to fight other characters -- the sheer impossibility factor making it interesting, not the actual gameplay.

Besides, the items were about the best way to vary the gameplay and actually make it fun for me too... throw those pokeballs all day, man. :cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I haven't even played Twitcher Uno, so I'm not even ready to worry about Twitcher Dos.[/QUOTE]

Yes the improvements made to the combat and mechanics in 2 are so much better than 1. Witcher 1 is no more than $10 anywhere so if you want to experience the back story you can later.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes the improvements made to the combat and mechanics in 2 are so much better than 1. Witcher 1 is no more than $10 anywhere so if you want to experience the back story you can later.[/QUOTE]

While I haven't gone witching, I've read many of the reviews, and one thing that's striking is how insistent everyone is about how much better witchery is in the sequel. So was the first that bad, the second that good? Both?

No matter, I feel like the reviews of the second miss the point just a touch, in that they assume that at the end of the day we're still calling ourselves a witcher.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think it's the simple execution and seeming lack of a 'combo' system to me.
Nintendo simplified the controls to make it accessible or something, so it never felt right compared to other fighters for me. The draw seemed to be the nostalgia for your favorite character and using him or her to fight other characters -- the sheer impossibility factor making it interesting, not the actual gameplay.

Besides, the items were about the best way to vary the gameplay and actually make it fun for me too... throw those pokeballs all day, man. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I've always found the gameplay fun, but it's always been more about using the level layout and items to your advantage. So taking that stuff out leaves you with a very lacking game.

[quote name='j-cart']Witcher 1 is pretty meh, and Witcher 2 is just everything that Witcher 1 wanted to be. Skip the first and just read up on some of the plots of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Witcher 1 came out in that Nov. 2007 time frame like ME 1 and AC 1 where the games were different than what we'd seen in the last few years of the PS2/GC/XBox 1 era but it took a bit to realize that some of the mechanics needed serious improvement.

[quote name='dothog']While I haven't gone witching, I've read many of the reviews, and one thing that's striking is how insistent everyone is about how much better witchery is in the sequel. So was the first that bad, the second that good? Both?

No matter, I feel like the reviews of the second miss the point just a touch, in that they assume that at the end of the day we're still calling ourselves a witcher.[/QUOTE]

In the first Witcher, you had to spend level up points to unlock 4 of the 5 combat signs while in 2, you have the 5 signs from the beginning and after you reach lvl 6 you can go down the mage tree if you want to improve them.

Speaking of the lvl tree, Witcher 1 had a super convoluted one that made DA: Origins look simplistic while everything is streamlined in in 2.

You can see Crotch's comments on graphics/animations, but the main thing I've noticed in my limited play times (6 hours or so on each so far) is the combat. 1 is a complete timing based mechanic where you click to attack, then have to watch for the cursor to light up before clicking again to continue your combo. Click at the wrong time and you had to start over. You're so focused on that damn cursor that you don't watch the actual game in motion or you forget to use the signs, bombs, etc.. The only time that mechanic repeats in 2 is the icon when you're locked onto 1 enemy and parrying (LT and RT held together) will change when you can riposte (counter) an enemy's incoming attack and hit them for massive damage. And that's fine to me.

Also with the gamepad controls in 2 it's MUCH easier (for me at least) to use your signs (Y) and special items (RB) than it is on Witcher 1. I don't even think I've been taught (witcher 1 picks up RIGHT after Geralt is discovered after his 5 year absence and amnesia set in) how to make the bombs/throw bombs/knives, etc., but you're introduced to the traps and bombs at the beginning of the game in 2.

I bought the strat guide (it works on either 360 or PC versions) to help me get through the game quickly and to support CD Projekt for sending me the game free and there's literally only about 5 or so minor things that can be influenced if you're importing your game save from 1 into 2 on the PC. And unlike ME 2, they don't make that a focus where you're missing out on certain quests if you're starting fresh on 2.

Your decisions in 2 are what the game focuses on b/c near the end of Chapter 1, you will make a decision that will send you down different paths to a different set of 4 endings each (8 total) where the quest lines, areas you visit, women you can sex up, etc. are all COMPLETELY different based on that choice. For those that care you will want to have a hard save around the time you start
The Rose of Rememberence quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played, like, three hours of The Witcher the other day. I have now uninstalled it. I spent as much time downloading and installing texture packs as I did playing the game.

It was bad. It was... bad.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think it's the simple execution and seeming lack of a 'combo' system to me.
Nintendo simplified the controls to make it accessible or something, so it never felt right compared to other fighters for me. The draw seemed to be the nostalgia for your favorite character and using him or her to fight other characters -- the sheer impossibility factor making it interesting, not the actual gameplay.[/QUOTE]
Eh. "Competitive level" Melee didn't seem all that accessible to me, being based entirely around an undocumented physics exploit...

And nobody had nostalgia for fucking Marth, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back